[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should fiction portray people more realistically to prevent people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10
File: image.png (2 MB, 1500x1219) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1500x1219
Should fiction portray people more realistically to prevent people from having psychological damage trying to achieve nearly impossible body types?
>>
>>71967744
>That body is not mine
>It is therefor impossible for others to have
??
>>
File: obesitykills.png (776 KB, 666x906) Image search: [Google]
obesitykills.png
776 KB, 666x906
No
>>
>>71967744
I'm a 24 y/o male and I have a body like a flat-chested rikku. help
>>
She was 16 in that game and it's entirely possible for a 16 year old to get the body on the left.
>>
>>71968116

Post boipucci
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 529x409) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 529x409
it's fiction for a reason headass
>>
File: k.gif (915 KB, 245x285) Image search: [Google]
k.gif
915 KB, 245x285
>fiction

>realistic
>>
>>71967744
literally makes no sense for her to look like the right since she's constantly doing exercise and probably only eats seafood
>>
>>71967744
No
I like idealism
Give people something to strive to, instead of sitting in their fat asses satisfied about nothing
>>
>>71967744
i don't look at female video game characters and get insecure about their body type or breasts or butt size. anyone who does get insecure from a fictional characters has deeper issues they need to work on and not look for an unnecessary quick fix like blaming the video game itself.
>>
I'm skinny. There's nothing to help me. But I like my appearance
>>
File: gUXcf.jpg (200 KB, 1920x634) Image search: [Google]
gUXcf.jpg
200 KB, 1920x634
I hate shit like this. Look at the bitch's face. That shit isn't real. You know what can be? Her body. I've seen bitches like that. People are just mad that they look like Lena Dunham. As gross and obnoxious as she is, I can respect her for rocking her shit and not acting like everyone else looks like her. The dipshit who photoshopped OP image on the other hand is a piece of shit.
>>
>>71967744

No. Are you retarded or something?
>>
>>71968447
For the record I meant OP's image. I posted Leia to make a point about "realistic" bodies.
>>
>>71967744
>making rikku a fat fuck
pls
>>
>>71967744
>THF
>fat
>>
>implying all teenage boys didn't want to be Goku growing up
>implying not being able to achieve this scarred any of them for life

Why is it only females that are triggered by this unrealistic body type shit?

It's like they want to play right into the stereotype that their only worth to society is their body/looks.
>>
>>71967960
fpbp
>>
>>71967744
Honestly mate I don't know what sort of a fucktard plays final fantasy and thinks 'I have to look like that', people who think this way are as crazy as those people who think is satanic messages in led Zeppelin songs.
>>
File: ebaytits.png (523 KB, 1437x858) Image search: [Google]
ebaytits.png
523 KB, 1437x858
>>
>>71968116
Is you cock small and feminine?
>>
File: this might help.jpg (33 KB, 514x388) Image search: [Google]
this might help.jpg
33 KB, 514x388
>>71967744
Yeah, I read shit about Hercules and it fucked my whole life up senpai, I feel like I'll never be as good as the son of Zeus and like why bother at all?
>>
>>71968781
No, most men are just aware to have 'good body' simply requires time, effort and self discipline. I don't blame the media for the fact I'm a skinny fucker, I'm just aware I can't be fucked in the effort to change my appearance.
>>
>>71967744

>being fat is acceptable
>flag

Figures...
>>
>>71967744
Nah. People who get triggered by pixels would be better off dead, as they can't function in the world.
>>
>>71968447

cocaine kept Carrie thin, after she got clean she started to look like Danny DeVito

Drugs should be legalized so women have access to cocaine
>>
File: image.gif (205 KB, 412x412) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
205 KB, 412x412
>"Should fiction be more realistic, so that people don't mistake fiction for reality."

Logical contradiction
Your argument is invalid.
>>
Fuck that shit I play vidya to get away from reality for a bit and I like the sexy females. Fiction is what it's supposed to be Fiction. Or not real.
>>
all this makes me think of is Project Harpoon and all the keks that were had
>>
>>71967744
No, because being skinny is just as realistic as being fat. Its just that some fucking idiots would rather carpet the world than wear some fucking slippers.
>>
>>71969318
This man speaks the truth.
>>
>>71967744
There is nothing wrong with striving for an ideal. A tone, slim body is a shallow ideal, but body type is a shallow medium. It annoys me how the same thing has happened to the character of those portrayed in media, where there is this need to make a fictional character just as flawed as a real person.

The fictional medium is the best place to portray an ideal where an argument can be made that one should strive for it. The knight who is honorable to a fault, the kung fu master who has devoted himself so completely to his art that he is able to transcend what was previously thought possible, etc. It is the chasing of these ideals that propels a man to become more than he once was, and if that result is short of the fictional ideal then he can at least rest easy knowing that he did all in his power to reach it.
>>
People who push for "realism" in fiction need to commit mass sudoku
>>
>>71968116
You better cross dress and have smooth skin you little fag
>>
>>71967744
Is being fat that common?
>>
>>71969097
>no "how to take a screenshot" tab
>>
File: Must_Be_Photoshopped_hurr.jpg (63 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
Must_Be_Photoshopped_hurr.jpg
63 KB, 640x960
>>71967744
>>
>>71967744
her name is rikku not thikku, pls burgers control your sjws before we all end up playing Final Fatassy
>>
>>71967744
not being fat as shit is an impossible body type?

oh wait you're American
>>
FACT:
LEFT WILL SELL; RIGHT WILL NOT
>>
>>71970979
Not that i know of
>>
>>71967744
>Making Rikku fat.
The nips don't buy into the SJW shit thankfully.
Yuna was hotter though.
>>
Anything that reminds fat, ugly women of how fat & ugly they are is a good thing, in my books. There's too much of this whole "love yourself" mentality being preached around in tandem with the "all men are pigs" type femi-facism. I want hyper-sexualized women in my games because it takes those stinky landwhales and eternal bitch face pouty brats with a thousand facial piercings down a couple rungs.
>>
We just had this thread what the fuck are you doing stop.
>>
>>71968126

Especially considering her lifestyle it wouldn't be hard to maintain it either.
>>
>>71971642
X or X-2?
>>
>>71967744
I would welcome a bigger variety of body types because the same perfection gets dull but no, stylised impossible bodies don1t have to go.
>>
>>71968781
its almost like men and women are not the same!
>>
yes make a story where the characters are all frumpy ordinary people and see how well it does.
>>
File: cheers2.gif (3 KB, 57x16) Image search: [Google]
cheers2.gif
3 KB, 57x16
>>71967744
Should fiction portray people less realistically to prevent people from having psychological damage trying to achieve possible body types?
>>
>>71967744

>develop a game with a fatty as main char
> millions and years invested in development
> zero sales
> several hundred million loss
> company bankrupt

Great idea you have there, OP. You should try it.
>>
>>71967744
>should a genre that is dependent on things being unrealistic depict things as more realistic?
>>
>>71967960
/thread
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.