[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
French foreign legion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (85 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
85 KB, 1280x720
What does /pol/ think of French foreign legion?

I am thinking about joining. My life makes no sense, I finished my studies, but I am not interested in "every day Joe's life", I am just bored and this is not my way of life.

I always wanted to enlist in army, but my country has shity army and I wouldn't want finish and sit at barracks all my life...

After you complete the first 5 year contract, are you free to go? What happens then? Do you get deployed abroad during the first 5 years?
>>
Shit army unit filled with criminals and people who couldn't make anything of their lives, great way to get back on the right track if you are one of those people though.
>>
>>71954442

You can't enlist anymore if you have criminal charges.

I know a lot of people say its stupid, but I think I am just born to be soldier. I always wanted it, ever since I was a kid.

I spend so much time watching these combat footage videos Iraq, Syria, Yemen etc.. and I know people are gonna be "this aint videogame bla bla" but really this is the only thing which attracts me.
>>
Cannon fodder for France's former African colonies.
>>
>>71954355

I washed out of the FFL.

Yes, you will always serve abroad. Probably mostly in French Guyana guarding the space port, or various African shitholes.

You are free after 5 years and get a French Passport as a thank you. You can re-enlist of course, but most guys go on to be PMCs or various other type of military or private contractors.
>>
>>71954828

True. The days f running off and Joining teh FFL with a warrant are over. As are getting a new identity.

Does not exist. Clearly stated on the website, and made very clear when you arrive.
>>
File: 1451499050728.jpg (1 MB, 4021x2578) Image search: [Google]
1451499050728.jpg
1 MB, 4021x2578
>>71954828
War is shit
You will be hurt, cold and you will see comrades die and lose body parts if that doesn't happen to you.

You will likely come back with posttraumatic stress syndrome and find out that now your life will make even LESS sense than before and people won't understand / respect you but fear and loathe you because "muh murders in army time".

A real good idea would be just to travel alone with a tent in a mountain region, that really gives you a new perspective on things.

But hey i'm not stopping you from throwing your life away, you will certainly be deployed somewhere in africa if not syria at this point.

I'd drop this romantic dream, it's really really stupid
>>
>>71954355
You will have a good social protection ( the best hospitals/medic in France are in the army).
>>
What is the process of quiting?

>inb4 pussy

I mean after you get into the 5 year contract, and suddenly you decide to leave? What happens they shoot you?

Also can you first do your first year of training and then decide lets say you wanna stay or not?
>>
>>71956174

You are contracted for 5 years. You can be discharged medically if you are injured and they have their own hospital that takes very good care of you.

You can't just quit.
>>
>>71955766
spotted the faggot
>>
>>71955766
What the fuck do you know about combat you Nazi gold herding, isolationist faggot?
>>
>>71954442
this aint the 1880s anymore man.
They do a complete background, medical, psych and physical fitness test

AND after you pass all of it, if they want you or not just how they feel.
>>
>>71954355
Military is the male prostitution equivalent.
>>
>>71956894

Confirmed.
>>
>>71956174
Its called "desertion".
Ie you will go to the court.
I think in peace time it can be 3 years of jail max but the judges never send to jail.
>>
>>71955551

How tough is training?
>>
>>71955766
>Swiss trying to tell anybody what war is like

Fuck off, christ
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.