[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anzac Day
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: ANZACDay_pnc.jpg (183 KB, 1000x581) Image search: [Google]
ANZACDay_pnc.jpg
183 KB, 1000x581
Did Aus/pol/ attend the dawn service this morning?
>>
Yea, was nice
>>
No. I'm not happy with the way ANZAC day is becoming more about the families of the soldiers rather than the soldiers themselves. You see more children marching with their grandparents medals than you do actual servicemen.
My grandfather who fought in New Guinea has long been dead. It was always his thing to go on his own. He'd attend the dawn service, head to the RSL for a coffee and rum before going home to work in his garden. He didn't need family waving Australian flags or teenage girls crying as the last post is played.
>>
>>71954158
fuck Anzac Day. I have to put on my dress blues tomorrow morning and march around Pearl Harbor like a faggot tomorrow morning for you fuckers. Also your cammies look like shit.
>>
For some reason my neighbourhood didn't have one, and the closest one worth going to was too far away for the earliest trains to take me before it would have finished. Watched it on the telly though, was nice
>>
>>71955600
Oh and those hats you wear are stupid as fuck looking too
>>
the RSA round the corner does a little parade every year
>>
lmao australia fought in ww2? news to me
>>
>>71955384
Amen.
>>
>>71955611
oh, was just reminded by my neighbours ranting in korean that where I'm flatting this year is full of immigrants. That'd be why
>>
File: emu.jpg (49 KB, 543x427) Image search: [Google]
emu.jpg
49 KB, 543x427
>>71955695
The emu feather signifies our cuckening. We are forced to wear it atop our crown to show the Emu is superior in all ways.
>>
File: 1460523069489.jpg (57 KB, 522x344) Image search: [Google]
1460523069489.jpg
57 KB, 522x344
>>71955801
>>
>>71955916
>>71955611
Why is /pol/'s ID tracking so shit? I didn't even close the page
>>
>>71956102
>maori television
Get out nigger.
>>
>>71954158
No. Glorification of war is not cool.

Being a veteran myself, and seeing the Australian government lie to its people sickens me.

>We stopped the boats
No you didnt.

Theres alot more too it in my personal situation, but I cant be fucked for a story time at this hour (6:20am in Perth).
>>
>>71956164
m-muh internet coverage though
>>
>>71956195
I've never been to an ANZAC service that glorified war. Pretty much every address has talked about how attrocious it is
>>
>>71956195
>Glorification of war is not cool. Glorification of bravery is.
>>
I slept in and it's raining too much to attend the later services
>>
>>71956164
They have better Anzac coverage than the mainstream channels desu.
>>
>>71956422
>>71956533
Theres no bravery in killing someone. You would know that first hand if you had done it.
If you think its so great, go join the Army and Navy and see what its all about instead of sitting on the sidelines with your grandads medals. Better yet, join and get your own like I did.
>>
I honored the ANZACs by going out last night and getting gacked as fuck, I've already done my part mate
>>
>>71957221
Are you saying that killing is an easy thing to come to terms with? Fun even? From what I hear it was a very hard thing for young men to do, even with heads pumped full of propaganda. Even to advance in battle under fire must have been terrifying, yet they did it anyway. I certainly wouldn't have the guts to storm the beaches of Gallipoli or trudge through the fields of Flanders
>>
>>71958177
>>71956102

wew, it's changed back again
>>
>>71958177
Read the post again and you will understand what im saying. Better yet, maybe get an Adult to explain it to you. I didnt think they had 12 year olds on here.
>>
>>71958335
>If you think its so great

What, are you confusing bravery with pride? Of course there's no pride in killing someone. But pride =/= bravery
>>
>>71954158
Australia fought in ww2? I didn't know Australia was a country back then. What did Australia do? Provided women to American service men?
>>
>>71954158
I dont go to dawn parades anymore Aussies have managed to ruin ANZAC day just like they ruined /pol/
>>
>>71956195
It's not glorification of war, but paying respects to the people that fought for our nation, values, and beliefs.
>>
>>71955384
People pay respects in different ways. Having children at events such as the Dawn Service is showing the new generation of Australians their history and how we came to be.
>>
File: 1458475097056.jpg (329 KB, 1183x844) Image search: [Google]
1458475097056.jpg
329 KB, 1183x844
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2016-04/11/c_135267951.htm

>The group, from the Melbourne's Association of Descendants of Chinese World War II Veterans, is aiming to enlighten Australians about the Sino-Japanese war on Australia's most sombre day of remembrance.

>One of the leaders of the association, Qifang Wang, said she was "bothered" that Australia seemingly ignored its shared history, with both nations forced to take up arms to defend against a Japanese invasion in WWII.

>In the past decade, Australia's Returned Service League (RSL) has relaxed its march eligibility by-laws, allowing new Australians from different backgrounds to pay their respects as well.

>Last year, the Sydney chapter of the Association of Descendants of Chinese World War II Veterans successfully marched in the New South Wales capital.
>>
>>71955384
That's why I go to the dawn service. Less spectacle. All the shit on TV with some sepia photograph slowly getting panned over while some voice talks about sacrifice shits me.

Plus, teenage girls cry at almost everything,

Plus, the Kiwi and Aussie anthems are great sung by a youth choir
>>
>>71960455
>Melbourne's Association of Descendants of Chinese World War II
Acronym is almost MADCHOW
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 236x228) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 236x228
>>71960455
>pic
Fucking chinks
>>
>>71955801
>lmao
Someone should put you out of your misery.
>>
>>71960455
even the lions have squinty eyes
>>
>>71959892
>our nation, values, and beliefs
>fighting in a land thousands of km's whilst invading it

I mean I don't mean to disrespect the dead, since ANZACS are the only invaders I won't talk shit about because it wasn't their fault, but don't get ahead of yourselves.
>>
>>71961336
>nation, values, and beliefs

Undecided as to whether I expect you to understand. Lay off the Islam that Dr Erdogan is prescribing to you and find your country's better side like you did under Ataturk.
>>
>>71962551
My point was you make it sound like it was a defensive war, which is simply untrue.
>>
>>71962625
a fucking roach
>>
>>71960455
>Chinks
>enlightening whites on anything

Fuck off, you soulless cunts
>>
>>71962625
>make it sound like it was a defensive war
Who said that and what did they say?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.