[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zoolander 2 Is Too Offensive for Students
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: zoolander_2_2016_movie-wide.jpg (2 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
zoolander_2_2016_movie-wide.jpg
2 MB, 2880x1800
>Claremont McKenna College's student programming board cancelled a planned screening of Zoolander 2 because the film's humor is inappropriate and comes "at the expense of individuals of marginalized identities." The college ultimately decided to show Deadpool instead.

>Of course, many people would probably find the R-rated Deadpool a whole lot more offensive than the PG-13 rated Zoolander 2. I've seen Deadpool. It's incredibly violent, graphically sexual, and contains plenty of offensive humor of its own. (It's also a great film.)

>The difference, it seems, is that Zoolander 2 offends "marginalized identities."

>“Though ‘Deadpool’ is a R-rated movie it does not target marginalized identities the way Zoolander did," the programming committee wrote in an email to The College Fix. "Our choice to cancel the film was a calculated choice that we felt would support and respect our community on campus."

>I've seen Zoolander, but not it's sequel. The second film has been criticized for the problematic manner in which it introduces a possibly transgender character, "All," played by Benedict Cumberbatch. Owen Wilson's character asks "All" whether he/she "has a hot dog or a bun."

https://reason.com/blog/2016/04/19/zoolander-2-is-too-offensive-for-student
>>
>>71951715
this is just getting fucking ridiculous.

what the fuck is wrong with these kids?
>>
>Owen Wilson's character asks "All" whether he/she "has a hot dog or a bun."

sounds like a reasonable question to ask any androgynous looking person
>>
>>71952258
Enablers.
>>
File: 1402740052891.png (444 KB, 465x455) Image search: [Google]
1402740052891.png
444 KB, 465x455
>Want transsexuals to be represented in the media
>They're represented in the media
>It's still not good enough

>Of course, many people would probably find the R-rated Deadpool a whole lot more offensive than the PG-13 rated Zoolander 2
Including the SJW who whinted it was "too white" and "anti-feminist". The lines between The Onion and reality are starting to blur.

http://www.theonion.com/article/woman-takes-short-half-hour-break-from-being-femin-35026
>>
>>71952258
They're at school to get a masters in film watching. Are you surprised?
>>
>>71951715

It's all because of the fucking trannies. The one group we can never make fun of, despite all being laughably insane.

Biggest sacred cow in the western world. Well, maybe except the kikes.
>>
>>71952797
How did it get this bad? It wasn't like this even only 5 years ago
>>
>>71951715
t. people with a stick up their ass

Literally and metaphorically.
>>
>>71952396
I don't know about you, but I don't ask people about their genitals, unless I want to fuck them.

In any context that doesn't presume sex at a point in the near future, talking about a persons gentials is creepy as fuck.
>>
>>71952912
People realize gays weren't really marginalized anymore in society and needed a new victim class
>>
>>71951715
Wait... Deadpool is more sjw friendly than Zoolander 2?

Did I miss something? I didn't think DP was particularly sjw...
>>
Wow zoolander got a second movie? I didn't know.

I guess i'll go and watch it with some niggas at my uni because no one gives a fuck about "offensiveness" in a fucking comedy
>>
>>71952966

Fuck off SJW

Using the words "he" and "she" is talking about genitals.
>>
>>71953736
No, it's talking about people, as a whole.

Asking someone directly about their genitals is creepy no matter how you put it.
>>
>>71953905

"He" means you're referring to someone with a dick.

Get used to it
>>
>>71953996
Yes, but it doesn't mean "Do you have a dick m8"

Social convention dictates that people do not talk about their or other peoples genitals in public. That I have to explain this to you really amazes me.
>>
>>71953637
That the Deapool movie is "more SJW-friendly" is incidental. Deadpool as a franchise is certainly not above making jokes that would trigger SJWs, but the movie never bothered to make such jokes.
>>
File: stiller.jpg (20 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
stiller.jpg
20 KB, 250x250
>>71951715
>>
>>71954118

"He or she" literally does mean "Do you have a dick", you dense fuck.
>>
>>71954324
"He or she" means "what kind of person are you". Even if this includes their genitals, even if the genitals are the decisive factor, it does not mention them. Hence, the conversation remains in non-creepy territory.

"Do you have a penis" mentions genitals. Social convention dictates that you hence word your question otherwise, as this isn't considered acceptable among normal people.

How fucking dense are you?
>>
>>71953996
>>71954324

*born with a dick
>>
>>71954236
Deadpool was really tepid with Reddit-tier humour tbqh
>>
>The college ultimately decided to show Crocodile Dundee instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6fgPX3NjyA
>>
>>71952912
>trans 'rights
>rape panic
>gender studies departments literally policing campuses
>sjw's labelling all dissenting views hate-speech

It feels like it's only been 5 or 10 years, because that's all it's been. It's not this bad in Aus yet; I really feel for guys attending college in the US or the UK. From what I hear, you can be kicked off campus just for questioning feminist/sjw dogma.
>>
File: 1458769154079.gif (607 KB, 800x792) Image search: [Google]
1458769154079.gif
607 KB, 800x792
>>71954598
>yfw aussies were masters of bants even in the 80s
>>
>>71954527
Too witty for it's own good. I wanted more from it.
>>
>>71952258

They belong to the jews now

Colleges/Universities were perfect for their re-education. Young, stupid, vulnerable, and away from their parents for the first time.
>>
>>71954118
>he doesn't talk about dicks at the dinner table

what do you do?
>>
>>71951715
>>71952258

it sounds to me that they came up with any old reason to put on a better movie
>>
>>71952966
For sane people, it's necessary in order to refer to this person as "he" or "she". The mentally insane have replaced this with "muh pronouns" where it is detached from their physical gender and relies purely on feeling, which is not an objective standard.
>>
File: 1231053994433.jpg (20 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
1231053994433.jpg
20 KB, 350x262
>>71951715
>it's too offensive
>let's show one of the most vulgar movies of the year instead
>>
>>71954598
is that a male or a female actor though?
>>
MOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>71954878
It's really not that bad in the UK yet either.
>>
>>71951715
Zoolander 2 was dogshit, that was probably an excuse to watch the superior Deadpool movie.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.