[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ATHEISM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
Blowing /pol/ the fuck out, explain yourselves NOW, faggots!
>>
Both atheists and religionfags take massive leaps of faith. Meanwhile, scientists are just doing their own thing and staying clear of the "debate" (read meme-ridden shitstorm).
>>
modern science was founded by christians
>>
Joe Rogans an insufferable faggot
>>
File: 1460586696376.jpg (63 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1460586696376.jpg
63 KB, 625x626
>>71943171
>mfw this shit again
>>
>>71943171
Science only developed in Christendom because Christianity uniquely posits the existence of objective reality and the limitation of terrestrial authority. Asians, with their religions of self-confusion and their unquestioning obedience to government, would never have science in a million years without whites. The notion that science and religion existentially conflict comes from nineteenth century Jewish political activists.
>>
>>71943505
Isn't Joe Rogan really into psychedelics and DMT? Like I'm pretty sure he believes in life after death and higher conciousness woo woo horseshit. Why the fuck would he shill for Atheism then?
>>
Gee I remember when I was 15.
>>
>>71943354
>Both theists and atheists take massive leaps of faith
So everyone?

You understand that if you're not a theist, that means you're an atheist, right?
>>
>>71943171
But i don't see any argument, just an afirmation without anything backing it
If i just say "religion is good" how is that any different from your picture?
>>
>>71943795
I neither confirm nor deny the existence of a deity.
>>
Atheist here, Rogan is a drugged up retard that buys into all kinds of dumb bullshit, not to mention hes shit as a comic. His opinion is worthless.
>>
His views are valid because he is from TV. Please tell me more, based overly excitable sports caster and painfully unfunny "comedian". Maybe show me some mma moves.
>>
>>71943632
Well thats just it. He'll argue abstinently that there has to be some higher meaning that can be reached with DMT, but then he puts christians on blast for no other reason than they're christian.
>>
>>71943857
I would say you're an atheist then.
But I guess our definitions of atheism are just different
>>
>>71943973
this, except med student
the shit he spews is gonna end up hurting people
everything he's said wrt drugs, especially DMT, is almost always completely false
>>
All religious cucks on 4chan are contrarians to popular 'degenerate' culture.

It's pathetic as it is righteous.
>>
>>71943171
.. but DMT, though, it EXPANDS your MIND! rogan's a clown and i find him mildly amusing
>>
>>71943857
agnostic
you piss off both religious people and atheists
atheists think they're superior to you despite atheism being founded on the same logic as religion
>>
>>71943171

I'm comfortable enough to not have to prove myself or beliefs to strangers on a steam engine tractor image board.
>>
>religion holds back science
joe rogan is a fucking retard why doesn't he just move to china?
>>
>>71943632
I've heard him say that atheism is retarded. I think he's just against organized religion.
>>
>>71943354
>atheists ..... take massive leaps of faith

Oh yeah? Such as?
>>
>>71944758
Theists go from
>I think there is a God
to
>I know there is a God

Atheists go from
>I think there is no God
to
>I know there is no God
>>
>>71944239
>atheism being founded on the same logic as religion

Explain that please.

Religion = Set of beliefs about the nature of the world you live in, with specific claims (Jesus rose from the dead, A God exists, God created the world etc.

Atheism = Lack of belief in a god or gods.

How are those founded on the same logic?
>>
>>71945091
atheism is the belief that there definitely is no god
>>
i'd claim that religion is maybe the only thing that drives scientific progress without religion we'd never have invented the wheel

who cares if god is real or not religion matters to society
>>
>>71944961
>I know there is no God

I don't know any atheists who make that claim.

Atheism is simply a lack of belief in a god or gods.
>>
>>71944961
you are making a pedantic point, most atheists think there is no evidence for god and also that god is unlikely not that he 100% does not exist
>>
>>71945167
Where do i fall in for thinking that i don't know if there is a god or not but i definitely know that all religions on earth are Bullshit
>>
>>71944961
some atheists yes

also they can:
>we dont know there is or isnt a god

>we cant know there is or isnt a god
>>
>>71945167
>atheism is the belief that there definitely is no god

No, it isn't.

You have no excuse for this ignorance, anon. Dictionaries are freely available online. Here's one typical definition of atheism:

>disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

Nothing about there DEFINITELY being no god.

Come on, /pol/. Get your shit together.
>>
>>71944961
Atheists simply lack the belief in deities.
They don't claim to "know" there is no god, because they understand it's impossible to disprove the existence of a god.
>>
>>71943171
>thinking all people on poll are religious
keep trying reditfag
>>
>>71945332
I would say atheist, but more specifically agnostic.
>>
>Joe Rogan

The weed has fried his brain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTxRhVReIMs
>>
File: 1443020499625.jpg (29 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
1443020499625.jpg
29 KB, 500x492
>>71945429
>Dictionaries are freely available online.
atheism
the 'a' prefix means without
it literally means 'without god'

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E1%BC%84%CE%B8%CE%B5%CE%BF%CF%82
>>
>>71944239
Agnostic isn't a thing you mongoloid it's an adjective, e.g. agnostic deist or agnostic atheist.
>>
>>71943171
>If everyone wasn't religious, everyone would devote themselves to rigorous scientific research, and the world would have had flying cars by now!
Nah, most atheists aren't doing professional scientific research, or creating patents, they are playing video games or shitposting on the internet.
>>71944961
Theists go from
>there isn't any falsifiable or reproducible evidence of a god
to
>I'll have faith

Atheists go from
>there isn't any falsifiable or reproducible evidence of a god
to
>There is no reason to be a theist

Agnostics go from
>Atheists and theists sometimes act silly or stupid when having conversation about religion
to
>I have no opinion either way, I am above the discussion
>>
>>71945167

This is either b8 or genuine retardation
>>
File: Chart.jpg (106 KB, 997x964) Image search: [Google]
Chart.jpg
106 KB, 997x964
>>71944961

I'm sleep-deprived as hell, so this might illustrate what I was trying to say better. Either way, this thread was bait from the start.
>>
>>71943171
did you know that monkeys ate shrooms from cowpoop?
and what have all teh oldest religions in common? they worship the cows, man.
monkey created the big bang man
>>
>>71945167

Either gr8 b8 or genuine retardation

Poe's law strikes again
>>
>>71945742
>it's an adjective

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/agnostic

agnostic
noun
a person who does not have a definite belief about whether God exists or not
>>
>>71945471
hmm..
Let's see:

ARE YOU RELIGIOUS OR AN ATHEIST?

http://www.strawpoll.me/10039679
>>
>>71945765
Does it really matter? I'd rather not waste my time discussing a matter that will never be settled, I have better things to do, like shitposting on a Kenyan frog appreciation forum, or sleeping.
>>
>>71945659

>literally means

Άθεος literally means without god. The word has been adopted into ingrish and has a specific meaning, m8.
>>
>>71945659

'Theism' means the belief in a god.
'Atheism' means the lack of a belief in a god.

You have NO excuse for that ignorance.
>>
>>71946103
>>71946049

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/atheism

atheism
noun
: a disbelief in the existence of deity
: the doctrine that there is no deity
>>
>>71945955
pls vote guys
>>
File: 1455903175064.jpg (203 KB, 970x840) Image search: [Google]
1455903175064.jpg
203 KB, 970x840
>>
>>71946183

Muito bem. You have admitted that atheism is the lack of belief in a deity
>>
>>71945968
All I'm trying to say is agnosticism and atheism is basically the same thing in practice.
>>71945773
Most atheists are agnostic atheist, I don't actively believe in god, while theists actively believe. Most theists are also agnostic, they just faith in order to actively believe.
>>
>>71946183

>doctrine

What a retarded definition of atheism. This annoys me. The Jews did this I bet.
>>
>>71946438
probably has more to do with the fact that atheism has essentially become a religion unto itself
>>
>>71946533
>atheism has essentially become a religion unto itself
That's just grasping at straws.
Of course following the rules of logic no one can definitely prove or disprove god's existence, so to claim that he DEFINITELY exists or DEFINITELY doesn't it's an unfalsiable claim and you won't ever win an argument like that.

Thing is, if i told you some magical ass goblin with alien technology that makes his existence impossible for any person or any instrument to perceive lives in my room you'd be inclined to definitely deny my claim. Same happens with the God "debate".

We've got no proofs so you can't back up your claim of his existence and, likewise, i can't back up my claim that he doesn't exist with just the lack of evidence (even though for most practical purposes lack of evidence is a heavy reason to be skeptical).
The difference is, the burden of proof lies in the person claiming god exists, not the other way around. No matter how you try to spin it this will always hold true and is enough of a justification to not buy any fairy tales.
>>
>>71947859
Its become a religion because it has fanatical followers and idols that they worship(i.e dawkins)
Maybe I should have used the term cult.
>>
>>71943171

The idea that human beings can only live on what their minds deduce from reason is adsurd. What do you think true relationships depend on, reason? A relationship depends a transcendant relection of each others selfless love. All moral as well as virtuous ideals depend this. If we are but the summit of our minds, then every action is selfish perpetuity.

On reason alone we can posit that we live in a deterministic universe and we are subject to a deterministic mind. It is but a void.

We are no more enlightened by reason than a fish that swims in the ocean and knows nothing of land.
>>
>>71948357
I'd agree with putting 100% atheism (i.e complete denial of a deity's existence) in the religious cult category because it's indeed an unfalsiable claim and that you're basing it all in faith (or lack of).

Even so i'd be more inclined to sympathize with these atheists than with 100% deists, just because given the lack of proof, skepticism is the logical approach to take. Looking at it from this perspective, deists are no different from heavy tinfoil conspiracy theorists, schizos or braindead lefties that are inclined to believe in things with no solid reason or literally 0 evidence and based in muh faith alone.
>>
>>71948755

Atheists cling to reason as their only hope; but it is also their downfall. The logical conclusion of atheism is nihilism.

I have never heard an atheist argue his way out of this.

If they truly believed they lived in deterministic universe without a God; then we are of no consequence.

Instead of aknowledging this, they craft their own ad hoc religion. This is why atheists are always on the defensive.
>>
>>71949263

They lie and say there is hope where there isnt.

They cannot truly face the conclusion of their own viewpoint.

They will tell you that they follow humanist principles and never catch on where these principles developed from.

They live on the fumes of a religious society (a dying one), and have nothing of substance to replace it with.
>>
>>71949263
>The logical conclusion of atheism is nihilism.
Mind explaining why? Even if i were to admit my existence doesn't have any trascendental meaning or anything of the sort it doesn't mean i don't feel what i feel or live what i live. I have a life, i have a mind and sensations that assure me that i exist, and each of us has 70 or so years in average to enjoy and do anything with our lives, including giving ourselves some meaning or mission of sorts.
>>
>>71950163
>I have a life, i have a mind and sensations that assure me that i exist, and each of us has 70 or so years in average to enjoy and do anything with our lives, including giving ourselves some meaning or mission of sorts.

Your life is of no consequence in a deterministic universe that is void of meaning or value.

All our ideal depend on the transcendant; take them away and you are left with the same void the universe was made from.
>>
>>71950363
Are you doing acid or something? Stop trying to look towards the center of the universe to find some validation to your existence, irrelevant to whether there is a god or not that's just doing silly mental gymnastics.

If you believe in god, didn't he give humans free will? There's your answer
>>
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 1240x775) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 1240x775
>>71943354
>scientists are just doing their own thing and staying clear of the "debate"
>>
>>71950928
That's not a scientist, mate. That's just some black guy worshipped by plebbit.
>>
>>71943171
Really lost a lot of respect for Rogan after those pathetic excuses he made about his BFF Amy 'The joke stealing kike' Schumer.
>>
>>71950909

I am saying that you live a lie if you believe there is meaning in a universe without a transcendant purpose.

What is the use of free will if none of your actions have meaning? You have validated your own existence, something you might accuse religious people of doing.
>>
>>71945968
I swear agnostics are even more retarded than religious people.
>>
>>71943171
What absolute horse shit.

Christians have done more for Science than any other group.

Scientific method? Christian.
Theory of Gravity? Christian.
Botany? Christian.

This guy doesn't know anything about history and just 15 minutes of research is enough for anyone to know this is complete mumbo jumbo garbage.
>>
>>71943171
is that Danny Dier?
>>
>>71951256
>you live a lie if you believe there is meaning in a universe without a transcendant purpose.
Like i said, stop looking so far into things. The universe and the big scale of things can suck dick, but my life and the lives of the ones around me can easily have a personal meaning.

>What is the use of free will if none of your actions have meaning?
When i mentioned free will i did it from the point of view of a religious person

>you have validated your own existence, something you might accuse religious people of doing.
...What?

>>71951586
>Christians have done more for Science than any other group.
The real core of the matter is: did they do it BECAUSE they were christian? If not, then christianity can't really take the merit for the achievements
>>
File: atheism2.jpg (60 KB, 960x594) Image search: [Google]
atheism2.jpg
60 KB, 960x594
>>71943354

Atheist leap of faith is far smaller Alberto you silly sausage
>>
>>71943171
Lol as if the degenerate fag Rogen who panders to wack jobs as an act can actually btfo god
>>
>>71943171
What the fuck makes you think half the people on here aren't spiritual atheists? You don't need to believe in heaven or be a fanatic to look for a deeper meaning to your life and seek happiness.
who am I kidding though this is just the tridaily bait thread
>>
>>71943171
Rogan is a band wagon atheist who wants to feel good about himself by thinking he's smart so he plays up the rational atheist angle.
>>
Religion

>gave us socratic dialogue, greek poetry and greek epics as well as serving as the prototypical inspiration for other forms of classical literature to come later
>gave us great periods of enlightenment
>gave us the renaissance area, the romantic and baroque classical music eras
>mozart and musical virtuosity that set the golden standard for humanity in the field
>michelangelo's contributions to the sistine chapel
>classical art that has yet to be matched
>gave the people faith, a communal goal and a sense of belonging, gave us institutions like marriage which acted as the cornerstone of nuclear family and allowed civilisations to thrive

Science/Atheism

>gave us nigger degrasse tyson and the charming facebook group "I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE XD XD"
>muh tay tay, muh beebs, gradual and progressive decline in the production, composition and execution of aural art as it became about appealing to lowest common denominator demographics and not about worshipping and loving god
>atheism gave way to hedonism, rebellion against everything that's actually good for society and a degeneration of principles and ethics
>people are too fucking stupid to adhere to moral paradigms without faith, so that goes out the window too
>the collapse of civilisation as people devolve into a state of nihilism because babby will never cease to continue reliving his first existential crisis at age 12 since god don't real

Joe Rogan says a lot of really fucking stupid bluepilled shit. He's simply not as well read or educated as he thinks he is and speaks in a slack-jawed fucking drawl because he's burnt his brain smoking several pounds of pot every hour of every day.
>>
>>71943171

He should stick to stoner stuff
>>
>>71943171
>decide to listen to one of his podcasts to see what enterntainment I could get out of this guy, perhaps even learn something
>start playing it in the background
>he starts talking about black dicks and some sprinter whose dick came out when he fell while running

fuck this faggot
>>
>>71952236

His podcasts with Graham Hancock are interesting if you look past the DUDE SHROOMS LMAO stuff
>>
This is why I immediately disregard anything someone has to say when they tell me they are an atheist, no point in arguing with a dumbass. Its extremely hilarious that retarded fundy atheists say proof exists in inductive reasoning aka science showing their ignorance of what science is. Its atheism that holds back progress and a threat to humanity when left unchecked
>>
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-atheist-experience

come troll the smartest atheist on the planet
>>
>>71952410

Interestingly, modern atheists are the type of people who would say JUST BELIEVE in the past. No reasoning ability whatsoever
>>
>>71951807
They were both Devout Christian men, (Newton and Bacon, cannot remember third persons name at the moment.) either way it is irrelevant, we cannot come to an absolute conclusion on this matter. From my perspective, the Holy Spirit flowed through all of these men, and without their devotion to the absolute Truth (which is only present in God) they most likely would not have had such great Revelations. But as I said, we cannot come to an absolute conclusion.

But, as far as it stands, they were Christian men and there is no doubt they believed truly, especially Newton. So as it stands they are Christian achievements.
>>
>>71943354
>massive leaps of faith

There's no faith actually involved, you apply the scientific method and test.

The bible says that the devil is trying to take over GOD and suplant him, does it not, and that antichrists will come no?

Disobey Jesus and seek God this way.

Easy move, after all the persecution that was to be suffered by christians is suffered by christians in Rome, but then strangely enough it was a persecution of "devil" worshippers and witches (a witch is a woman that does magic, so imagine if that is not a miracle).
And in the modern age we have "insane" people that "hear voices" and "see things that do not exist".

Easy move, really.

Distrust the bible jeremiah 8:8 already says the law was changed.
>>
>>71952410
How does atheism hold back progress and threaten society?
>>
>>71954697

It's basically a cargo cult of science. Instead of understanding scientific enquiry, they are a bunch of people who do whatever a SCIENCEtist will say
>>
>>71954697

Hard to say, exactly. The only times it has been enforced have been at gunpoint, over mass graves.
>>
File: 1459562869210.gif (1011 KB, 450x365) Image search: [Google]
1459562869210.gif
1011 KB, 450x365
>>71943171
>>
>>71943171
>Calling religion bullshit
>Joe "Spiritual awakening in an isolation tank MAAANNN" Rogan
>>
File: 1459969657715.jpg (71 KB, 720x651) Image search: [Google]
1459969657715.jpg
71 KB, 720x651
fuck religion. white man doesn't need that shit.
>>
>>71944758
Literally everything. We all take leaps of faith.

I am an atheist and I believe in the Big Bang. I don't believe it because I've seen the evidence and I've researched the subject for 80 years. I believe it because scientists say it's true. Ok. I believe it.

I can't fault theists for believing in God. They haven't researched the subject and spent 80 years debating it. They just believe it because it makes sense to them and everyone around them believes it. The exact same reason why I believe in The Big Bang.
If you don't like that example just replace Big Bang with literally anything like a black hole or some shit.
>>
>>71943354
this is the only good answer
the existence or non-existence of god is beyond human capacity for knowledge
/thread
>>
>>71955456
We have spent thousands of years studying religion and debating it, what are you talking about?

I do appreciate your post though, you actually understand what science is.
>>
Long time atheist here. Not militant... Just don't believe in God and never really cared to look into it. I guess I'm more of an apathetic agnostic.

Do the Christians of /pol/ really believe in God or do they go to church for the community, morality, or some other reason? Do you believe the Bible literally?

There's just so much crazy shit in the Bible that I have a hard time buying into the religion, but I see a ton of value in the community it provides.
>>
>>71955753
Who is ''we''? I haven't spent thousands of years studying religion. I've maybe spent like 10 hours in my entire life discussing religion.

We're not the borg. We don't have a collective conciousness. We're all ignorant until we learn.
My understanding of big important things is fairly basic. I haven't even read the Bible and I haven't studied Quantum Physics, nor will I ever.
>>
>>71956181

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGDDKlXl488
>>
>>71956191
Every person in the history of mankind who has studied or debated religion.

>>71956181
I really truly, believed in God. Yes, most parts of the Bible I take literally, especially the entire New Testament.
>>
>>71949849
>They cannot truly face the conclusion of their own viewpoint.
Speak for yourself. Nihilism is the truth and doesn't need to be replaced.
>>
>religion holding back science since day one

>this is posted using the internet

Lol
>>
>>71956407
Thanks for the link, leafbro. I never thought about it that way. Been considering joining a church lately. I've slowly become a degenerate so it might be good for me.
>>
>>71957635
You do not need to go to Church.

If you really want to grow closer to God is the Bible.
>>
>>71957635
All you need* is...
>>
>>71957449
Let me guess, Jesus invented the internet?
>>
>>71957635

I recommend checking out some of that guy's other videos. He deals with a lot of the common things new people to Christianity and atheists raise as objections.

Obviously I'm completely biased and would recommend you go to a Catholic church, but I've heard that some American ones are full of Mestizos (depending where you live) so make sure you do your research first
>>
>>71957990
I live in the South so it would probably end up being Baptist or something. I'll so my research and shop around.
>>
>>71957990
The Catholic Church didn't even let people read the Bible for most of its existence.

All of its traditions are not based on anything in the Bible, but we're derived from the joining of the Pagans to the Church who believed Jesus was their savior but wanted to keep their old traditions.

All of which is forbidden because of the Ten Commandments.
>>
>>71957882
no, I don't like Christianity.. or any of the other abrahamic religions
>>
>>71958252

The Catholic church is both a religion and a philosophy and Protestants don't understand that. Yes, we inherited a philosophical tradition from the Greeks. But you can see how beautifully it fits into Christian thought.

And letting the people read the Bible has, for the most part, only lead to a massive growth in stupid opinions and misreadings as opposed to a deeper understanding of the Bible.
>>
>>71958605
Yet during every single challenge of the reformers the Catholic Church wasn't able to show any of them to be wrong by the Word of the Bible.

Want to know why? Because they didn't know shit about the Bible.

The Bible is the only Word of God and it is the only truth, all of the bull shit that came from paganism is trash.

The Catholic Church is the sole arbiter of every last dark stain upon Christianity. Do some more research, you have said yourself you are biased. The Catholic Church was infiltrated by Satan and nearly every last piece of tradition it holds is completely against the Ten Commandments.

I shouldn't have to say anymore than that.
>>
>>71958829

Where does Jesus say that the Bible is the sole authority?

"I name you Bible and upon this Bible I build my church" doesn't appear anywhere in the Bible
>>
>>71958923
Because the Bible is the word of God, by extension this makes it the only truth as God cannot be wrong.

All canon law, all dogma, complete trash, with no basis in the Bible all to maintain Papal authority. When the reformers came along, and gave the word of God to the people, (John Wycliffe, Martin Luther, John Huss, many others) All whom translated the Bible into different languages at the time, so the people of whichever nation could read it( the language in which they translated, all different ones, Huss English, Luther, German and so on the Roman Church had essentially been exposed. And so relied now on threat of punishment (burning at the stake) so try to retain their authority as people were now seeing the Light, Truth, and Word of God for the FIRST time, they lost complete control because the Light had been witnessed.
>>
>"I believe in science, that's why I eat a million shitty snake oil supplements for breakfast."
>>
>>71943171
Holy fuck this is a reddit thread. I need to bully my dumb friend for liking this retard.
>>
>>71959421

So the Bible fell out of the sky in perfect form?

I thought it had human authors
>>
>>71943354
>scientists are just doing their own thing and staying clear of the "debate"

Le "scientists are impartial" meme
>>
File: 1451321855620.png (262 KB, 446x456) Image search: [Google]
1451321855620.png
262 KB, 446x456
THIS IS YOUR DAILY REMINDER TO PLUG IN YOUR BLENDERS, HEAT UP YOUR FLOTATION TANKS TO SKIN TEMP (35.5*C)

THE WEED HAS BEEN LIT AND IT'S TIME TO SLAM YOUR KALE SHAKES, TAKE A TOKE & MARK OFF YOUR CHECKLIST

TO POP YOUR:

- ALPHA BRAIN
- SHROOMTECH
- KRILL & MCT OIL
- PRIMATE CARE PILLS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22GjkJw0WXk <---- HIT PLAY NIGGA

>YOUR FEAR FACTOR THEME SONG ALARM BLASTS THROUGH YOUR HOUSE

>YOU INSTINCTIVELY JUMP INTO YOUR HOMEMADE OCTAGON, FITTED WITH BATTLE-ROPES AND A "WRECKING BALL" STYLE CHIMP KETTLEBELL ACTION COURSE

>AFTER YOUR INTENSE WORKOUT YOU CALL OVER BRIAN REDBAN USING TING BEFORE GETTING INTO YOUR ISOLATION SENSORY DEPRIVATION FLOTATION TANK AND PACKING YOUR MOUTH TO THE BRIM WITH POT BROWNIES FOLLOWED SHORTLY AFTERWARDS BY COCONUT WATER ENEMAS JUST AS THE DMT KICKS IN AS YOU LISTEN TO DUNCAN TRUSSEL AND GRAHAM HANCOCK HYPOTHESIZE THAT THE PYRAMIDS = ALIENS AND THE ARK OF THE COVENANT IS HIDDEN IN UGANDA

DUDE BOOOOM LMAO

DUDE KETTLEBELLS LITERALLY ENCRUSTED WITH WEED AND DUNKED IN MCT OIL AND THROWN OFF BUILDINGS FEAR FACTOR STYLE

>"BRENDAN SCHAUB JUST END IT ALL, I THINK YOU ARE A WORTHLESS FIGHTER AND I HATE YOU, BUT COME BACK ON THE PODCAST SO I CAN BLOW YOU THE FUCK OUT OF THE WATER AGAIN AND REDUCE YOU TO TEARS"

>"BRENDAN "FRASER" "FUCK MY SHIT UP" SCHAUB, JUST TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT. YOUR CAREER IS OVER. IT'S TIME FOR THE SMITH AND WESSON RETIREMENT PLAN"

>YOU ARE NOW PICTURING JOE ROGAN NAKED IN A FLOTATION TANK WITH A MOUTH FULL OF POT BROWNIES TRIPPING
>>
>>71955120
Atheism was popularized by Jews. Healthy white societies are Christian.
>>
>>71960326
All inspired by God, all prophets. All of which they wrote, prophecies fulfilled, divine wisdom. The mind of God working through His arbiters. The New Testament, written by the disciples of Jesus.

Either way, your question does not matter. None of it is based on the Bible. You can do further research of your own, if it helps, I was once a Catholic. But a little research will enlighten you, if what I have said hasn't already.
>>
>>71951101
>No true scotsman
>>
>>71960630

I just think that you haven't read much about Scholasticism and you got the same shitty catechising all churches give nowadays. Then for some reason you choose to adopt some sort of Biblical-Coranic Protestantism
>>
>>71960925
Research Menos Simmons. Educated Roman Catholic that was ordained to Priesthood. Completely ignorant of the Bible until later was forced to study the New Testament due to a doubt he had concerning the doctrine of transubstantiation. After read the NT and Luther writings he accepted the reformed faith.

As I said, do some more research. I would like to discuss this more with but after what I have said and you choose to remain unmoved by your stubbornness, I won't say anymore. From all of it being forbidden by the Commandments, to the Church not even letting People read the Bible, to them not being able to prove any of the reformers incorrect by use of the Bible, there is not much more I feel I could say.

Obviously it is a rough summary of many years of history, to which I cannot convey in small posts on 4chan. It is your choice to remain willfully ignorant, but I hope you will see the light. Take care, to all of you.
>>
>>71961649

You're a heretic and if I had more time I'd tell you why
>>
Christianity has been verrified as true time after time, and there is more evidence for belief in Christ than Atheism.

The Historical Reliability of Gospels:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/191907732/Craig-L-Blomberg-the-Historical-Reliability-of-Gospels

Polish Eucharistic Miracle confirmed recently:

http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/polish-eucharistic-miracle-approved-by-bishop-amid-nations-1050th-anniversa/

Shroud of Turin is a scientific wonder, and has been verified as authentic:

http://www.hprweb.com/2016/03/the-shroud-of-turin/
>>
>>71962247
>Believing in atheism

You're doing it wrong.
>>
>>71962627

No, get out with your r/atheism-tier memes.

If you're an atheist, you're making a declaration about your view of the world.
>>
>>71961981
>base all of my beliefs on the Bible

>heretic

>base all of your belief on nothing from the Bible, break the 4th Commandment constantly

>not a heretic

Do your research.
>>
>>71962738

>what is philosophy
>what is natural law
>who is Aquinas
>who is Augustine

Do your research
>>
>>71943171
Why anyone would quote that massive retard is beyond me.
>>
>>71943171
>religion has been holding back science since day one

Maybe read a book once in your life, stoner. Christianity did more for science than humanism did. The only thing Humanists have accomplished has been normalizing tolerance, and that has destroyed western civilization. Great work retards, you've beaten Christianity--I'm sure the Muslims will be grateful when they're throwing you off of buildings.
>>
>>71944032
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism
>>
>>71963165

If you're going to criticise other people's beliefs, you need to be endorsing your own beliefs instead of acting like you're above it all (you're not)
>>
File: 1458008819459.jpg (100 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1458008819459.jpg
100 KB, 960x960
>It's an Atheism thread
>>
>>71962824
>what is the Bible
>what are the Ten Commandments

You have presented no arguments nor refuted any of my own. Your absolute lack of knowledge on the History of the Church is appalling and have been mislead by Satan. He speaks through you even now.

I will pray for the Holy Spirit to come into your heart.
>>
File: 1460658296882.jpg (46 KB, 940x640) Image search: [Google]
1460658296882.jpg
46 KB, 940x640
>>71963364
Jesus Christ I lol'd. Thank you.
>>
>>71963567

Oh boy, an evangelical
>>
>>71944961
the idea of an omnipotent God that also has a will is logically impossible

if you are omnipotent then there is no reason for you to be in want anything
>>
>American schools have been following an atheistic, leftist curriculum for decades now (drawn up by Jews and intended to replace Christian values) and the result has been rampant teen pregnancy, a continuing breakdown of the institution of marriage and an increasing number of homosexuals being produced by the public schools.

http://davidduke.com/the-jewish-leftist-war-on-christianity-continues/

Atheism is how the kikes undermine society.
>>
>>71963838
>Will is determined by want

Nigger, what?
>>
>>71964064
atheism is the only thing that can destroy islam. I wouldn't be surprised if 5 years from now you can come to /pol/ and see everyone here """"pretending"""" to have converted to islam.
>>
>>71964132
how the fuck else would it be defined? lol
>>
>>71963815
Oh boy, a Catholic arguing with a former Catholic who has actually done research on the History of the Church, yet they actually don't present any arguments. Just calls me a heretic like the Roman Church did when they couldn't prove the reformers wrong by using the Bible.

So if you want to remain willfully ignorant, that is fine. You should read Revelations again, if you even have. But from all you have said and by the way you carry yourself, it appears you haven't read one word of the Bible nor truly believe in anything Jesus taught.

Which is fine. You will stand in judgment as I will. We will see who spent their time more wisely on this earth in that moment. I will continue to pray for you.
>>
File: AMAZINGATHEIST.png (39 KB, 1036x641) Image search: [Google]
AMAZINGATHEIST.png
39 KB, 1036x641
>>71943171
>the foremost leader of the atheism movement
>>
>>71964206
Wrong. There are Mass converts from Islam to Christianity going on right now.

http://www.worldmag.com/2014/07/the_rising_tide_of_muslim_converts_to_christianity
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-24_20-06-11.png (20 KB, 535x241) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-24_20-06-11.png
20 KB, 535x241
>>71964132
>>
File: Atheism.webm (3 MB, 580x326) Image search: [Google]
Atheism.webm
3 MB, 580x326
>>71943795
No.

There is theism, atheism and anti-theism.

Anti-theists are these militant atheists, pic related, that will shit on and hate on all religious people and want to eradicate religion due to all the scientific proof that religion is wrong, which they don't know because they took a liberal arts degrees.

Meanwhile normal atheists who don't believe in god because their is no evidence but don't believe they're superior because of it cause no problems.
>>
>>71964308
and yet islam is still the fastest growing religion in the world
>>
>>71964354

You didn't disprove his point at all
>>
>>71964273

Where did the Bible come from? :^)
>>
>>71964235
The concept of a "Will" or Conscience is different from being willful. Your confusing your cencepts.
>>
>>71964414
although atheism is growing faster than islam
>>
>>71964414
For how long? That's dependent on birth rate.
>>
>>71964475
no retard. will is the root word of willful for a reason.
>>
>>71943171

>Getting your information from a manlet who thinks magic mushrooms are intelligent aliens and that weed caused evolution

Yeah, go ahead and kill yourself
>>
>>71964536
You can have the capacity to act without wanting anything.
>>
>>71964509
for the foreseeable future
>>
>>71964615
the definition of will is not "the capacity to act"

expressing a request.
"will you stop here, please"

expressing desire, consent, or willingness.
"will you have a cognac?"
synonyms: want, wish, please, see/think fit, think best, like, choose, prefer
"do what you will"
>>
>>71964619
Assuming no massive changes in culture. Mass conversion would certainly have an impact.
>>
>>71964456
God.
>>
>>71964722
and so would mass atheism
>>
>>71964768

Directly? :^)
>>
File: 1449691307834.jpg (13 KB, 400x435) Image search: [Google]
1449691307834.jpg
13 KB, 400x435
>>71964422
Then you completely missed mine.

Atheism takes no leap of faith. Anti-theism (saying categorically there is no god) does.

Think of it like this

>I tell you there is a giant sea turtle that lives in the ocean, it's the size of an elephant and lives for 200 years

You have 3 options

>You take a leap of faith and believe me
>You tell me you do not believe there is a squid because there is no evidence
>You tell me that because there is no evidence that squid definitely does not exist (So you take a leap of faith that no evidence will ever be found and that we know everything now)

It all lies in who has the burden of evidence, and in this case atheists take no leap of faith because they are not saying categorically that no god exists at all, for certain. Both religious people and anti-theists like Dawson do.

Proving there is no god is as impossible as proving there is a god. The point is that meanwhile real scientists just do their thing and try to understand the world in which we live rather than constantly arguing improvable points with people based on faith that you will never win.
>>
>>71964780

Lol at atheists being so stupid they don't realise atheism is a cyclical thing that comes and goes.

>>71964819

>unironically using the magic man in the sky interpretation of God

>>>r/atheism
>>
File: 1449279117166.jpg (25 KB, 625x416) Image search: [Google]
1449279117166.jpg
25 KB, 625x416
>>71964819
I mixed turtle and squid up, it's late. You get my point.
>>
>>71964908
>Lol at atheists being so stupid they don't realise atheism is a cyclical thing that comes and goes.
christians used to execute atheists. now only muslims do that because christians realize atheism is acceptable.
>>
>>71964780
Mass atheism is a sign of decay. That only makes things worse.
>>
>this entire thread
Lets be real: there is nothing more disgusting and embarassing than being a christ cuck and getting on your knees for a dead jew who preached "love and compassion" to shitskins, immigrants, niggers, rapists, etc etc.

Not only that but jesus was literally raised by a cuck who wife was raped by god and then forced poor joseph to raise a child that wasnt his.

If Jesus was alive today you would all label him a sjw cuck BECAUSE HE WAS.
>>
File: 1459608799276.jpg (237 KB, 598x792) Image search: [Google]
1459608799276.jpg
237 KB, 598x792
>>71964908
>>
>>71964687
And God does not make requests or express desires? Have you ever read the Bible?
>>
>>71943171
cunt
>>
>>71964809
Yes, through communication of His by the Holy Spirit speaking through men. Who wrote it down, sure, but the thoughts which were penned came directly from God, and we're recorded by Men.
>>
>>71965004
I agree it would make things worse but only because the average person is too mentally fragile to live in a world where they don't believe they are special and chosen by God to be happy forever.

You need a christian like religion to keep the dumbest people from killing, raping, and murdering.
>>
File: Christ_is_not_a_SJW.png (97 KB, 1252x414) Image search: [Google]
Christ_is_not_a_SJW.png
97 KB, 1252x414
>>71965034
Found the false-flagging kike.
>>
nobody knows what's going on. i'm not worried about it.
>>
>>71965132
>get completely btfo
>no reubuttals
>y-y-y-ou're actually a jew!
sorry christcuck i dont get on my knees for a dead jew, thats you. Jesus was a self proclaimed jew through and through.
>>
>>71965127
Atheism is the lowest common denominator. Dumb people actually prefer atheism because than they can make their own moral standard.
>>
>>71943171
well..he's not wrong
>>
>>71965061
are you implying he doesn't? what the fuck am I reading? "It's God's will" is literally one of the most common religious phrases uttered by people.
>>
>>71964982

>christians used to execute atheists

Oh? When exactly was this? Hint: it never happened and you just don't know shit about history.

>>71965041

Look up "Strawman fallacy." Then read your old post again.

>>71965087

But some books were excluded from the Bible, why is this and what authority decided this?
>>
File: jews_judeans.gif (195 KB, 800x2184) Image search: [Google]
jews_judeans.gif
195 KB, 800x2184
>>71965207
Modern "Jews" are not that same as biblical Hebrews. You're either underage or a false flagger.
>>
File: its-time-to-stop-posting.jpg (48 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
its-time-to-stop-posting.jpg
48 KB, 500x375
>>71965239
>. Dumb people actually prefer atheism
100% false

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/religious-people-are-less-intelligent-than-atheists-according-to-analysis-of-scores-of-scientific-8758046.html

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/mr-personality/201312/why-are-religious-people-generally-less-intelligent
>>
>>71965239
The lowest common denominator is someone who believes something because someone told them so and never questioned it. I'm genuinely surprised more christians don't still believe in santa claus into adulthood.
>>
>>71965287
I was asking a rhetorical question. You know what those are, right. God is omniscient, yet has a will.
>>
>>71965294
>Oh? When exactly was this? Hint: it never happened and you just don't know shit about history.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discrimination_against_atheists

ever heard of the inquisition? ignorant cunt.
>>
>>71965078
test
>>
File: LB1e.png (598 KB, 694x689) Image search: [Google]
LB1e.png
598 KB, 694x689
>>71965403
keep preaching about a dew jew goyim. 30 shekkels have been added to your account
>>
>>71965403
then you should explain to me why someone who is all powerful would ever be in want of something (i.e., have a will).

my point is it can't happen which is why God can not exist.
>>
>>71965460

>linking wikipedia with no further explanation
>thinking the inquisition was about atheists and not muslims and jews

Get out newfag
>>
File: -.-.png (3 MB, 1100x1480) Image search: [Google]
-.-.png
3 MB, 1100x1480
>>71965294
>implying you aren't the one strawmanning
>>
>>71965294
The Catholic Church :^)

Still included in Orthodox and Protestant sects but are not used for a basis of Doctrine.

Not that is matters because nothing about Catholic tradition or any dogma or canon law is based on the Bible :^)

:^) :^) :^)
>>
>>71965382
http://voxday.blogspot.com/2014/01/mailvox-distribution-of-atheist.html
http://voxday.blogspot.com/2013/08/mailvox-superior-atheist-intelligence.html
>In fact, the ratio of theists to atheists with Mensa+ level IQs is more than 10 to one.
>>
>>71965620
>source explicitly refutes your argument which you would have known if you had bothered to do something as simple as ctrl + f "execute"
>can't even do this because you are a retard which does not surprise me at all
>>
>>71965620
>>thinking the inquisition was about atheists and not muslims and jews
are you just pretending to be retarded? it literally says in the post that non believers were executed in the inquisitions.

Christ cucks really are bottom of the barrel when it comes to intelligence. Do you have someone help you tie your shoes?
>>
>>71965746
>http://voxday.blogspot.
>blogspot
>no actual credible study done
0/10 cuck
>>
>>71965541
No, you explain your reasoning. You have no reason to believe what you do because you have had no example or impression to justify it.
>>
>>71965884
>I am all powerful but I really wish I had a burrito right now
said literally nobody ever
>>
>>71965659

>setting up the opposite side as believing in God as a magic man in the sky
>not the textbook definition of strawmanning

>>71965757
>>71965791

It also explicitly says that those weren't atheists by modern standards :^) Not to mention 3 people on an obscure wikipedia article over thousands of years is not an argument

No shit. If you knew the church's position on atheism this would be obvious.
>>
wheres my irish monk pic
>>
>>71965884
A person who is all knowing and all powerful has everything they could ever want and thus no actual will . To have will means you have desires. God cannot desire anything because he has everything. If he doesnt have everything then he is not all powerful.
>>
>>71965830

>being an academicuck
>arguing on the source, not the claims
>>
>>71943171

I don't need to explain anything, the onus is on you to explain why I should believe that a man in the sky who sees and knows everything exists and why, suspiciously, I should listen to people who claim to speak in his name about how to live my life.

t. Someone who hates theism, faggots and libertarians.
>>
File: n3Jpn[1].jpg (425 KB, 1280x640) Image search: [Google]
n3Jpn[1].jpg
425 KB, 1280x640
I can confirm the existence of God because I am God, (and so are you, although you may not yet have remembered or may be pretending you aren't)

source, 400ug of LSD
>>
>>71966019

>implying we shouldn't question sources of information presented to us

Spoken like a true Marxist.
>>
>>71943171
Gnostic atheist here. AMA.
>>
>>71965970
>I never said that
>you don't see that you're strawmanning
>>
>>71966121

How do you reconcile the Gnostic idea of only the soul being real with being a materialist?
>>
>>71965949
>>71966016
We have free will. God does not have everyone's love and that is actually all God wants.

Knowing all things and having unlimited power does not necessarily mean God cannot have a will.

I see absolutely no connection.
>>
>>71966326
>We have free will.
no we don't. prove it.
>>
>people still giving a shit about religion one way or the other

Being a theist/atheist is too much effort and requires nothing but faith best to just wait until someone can provide concrete evidence of one side or the other and until then just not care.

Regardless if there is a creator I doubt it gives a damn about what each ant in its ant farm was specifically doing.
>>
File: 1460841590387.jpg (91 KB, 500x677) Image search: [Google]
1460841590387.jpg
91 KB, 500x677
It thrills me to bits I started a thread on /pol/ that is so shrill and so extreme in its opinions.
>>
>>71966027
had very similar thoughts when i was on shrooms
>>
>>71966194
That's a different kind of gnosticism that has nothing to do with me.
>>
>>71966385

Why should I choose to prove it?
>>
>>71966326
>God does not have everyone's love and that is actually all God wants.
and even if we did have free will here's an easy fix

1. remove free will from humans
2. make all humans love you
problem solved
>>
>>71966490
kek
>>
>>71966412
>people who collect stamps and don't collect stamps both equally have a hobby
>>
>>71965541
God wanted to create. God wants us to serve him.

There.
>>
>>71966486

My point is that you need to stop misusing the terms r/atheism wrongfully taught you. Especially because Gnosticism in the Neoplatonic sense is much more interesting than "Gnostic atheism," which is pretty fucking boring
>>
>>71966586

Still doesn't address the question of why would an omnipotent being want anything?
>>
>>71966679

God doesn't NEED anything. God does, however, want things. That's the distinction it sounds like you need to see made.
>>
>>71966385
Free will is promised by God.

If you want to argue against Him, by using the very things which define Him, you must accept free will.

Also, the outcome of your assertion the we have no free will makes you a mindless zombie being controlled by "something" else since you have no will have your own, if you do, it is free, because it is your own. If it is not your own, it is not free, therefore the product of something else, making you a mindless robot.

>>71966502
Free will is promised to us. God cannot break His promise.

http://www.allaboutgod.com/omnipotent-god.htm
>>
>>71966777
>God does, however, want things.
Why would an omnipotent being want anything?
>>
>>71966787
>Free will is promised by God.
>Free will is promised to us.
this is not proof of free will. this is a statement of your personal belief.
>>
File: 1438920580144.jpg (131 KB, 684x800) Image search: [Google]
1438920580144.jpg
131 KB, 684x800
Religion = retards
Atheism = retards actually bothering to debate retards

Deism = Outer Space is calling. Do you have what it takes to go to the edge and beyond, faggot?
>>
>>71944144
W-what about Alpha Brain?
>>
>>71966860

Because God is good. That's why we can know that God is good by the fact that anything exists at all, and by the fact that humans exist, and especially by the fact that God cares about us at all.

There could very well have been nothing that exists, and God wouldn't be affected.
>>
>>71966326
God doesnt need others to love him bc God literally is love. What you are describing (a being that requires human physic/emotional tribute) is a demon.
>>
>>71966995
This has nothing to do with my question of why or how an omnipotent being could possibly be in want of anything?
>>
A Jewish boy walks about Rome in 4 BC. He sees the protesters of Jesus Christ and asks them what they believe. The first said that he was fully immersed in Jesus' raw power. The Jew then said to him, "Yes, goyim, pour your monetary possessions into the churches!". Next, the Jew approached two people who he thought of as blaspheme. The first told the Jew that Abraham was a scammer and that his religion dictates his every action. "And I tip my fedora back at you, atheist goy!" The Jew cried.

Finally, the Jew had met a man with an intelligence beyond the likes of anything he had ever seen. He asked the man what he believed, and this is what he said:

"I don't give a flying fuck. There will never be proof of god nor a disproof."

That man was an Agnostic Athiest, a people of dignity up there with Volkish Pill.
>>
>>71966925
>Deism
>Freemasonic ideology made by Jews to subvert to Goyim.
>>
>>71966385
your choosing to deny your own free will cuck.
>>
>>71967146
this is not proof of free will. this is a statement of personal belief.
>>
>>71967050

God is of a good nature, so for that reason he wants things that are good for us.

God doesn't need anything or want anything for himself.
>>
File: Christfag scum.jpg (10 KB, 250x227) Image search: [Google]
Christfag scum.jpg
10 KB, 250x227
>>71966661
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Gnostic

It's a perfectly correct use of the word gnostic. I suggest you apply some salve to your butthurt, Christfag.
>>
>>71967257
>so for that reason he wants
>God doesn't need anything or want anything
pick 1
>>
>>71943171
Joe is a completely blue pulled faggot. At least he promotes a healthy lifestyle choices, except for the experimental drugs he endorses...

If you are taking my advice from joe, you are an idiot.
>>
>>71967266

The dictionary is not an argument

>>71967307

You missed my distinctions there, and the distinctions matter.

>good FOR US
>FOR HIMSELF
>>
>>71967266
Gnostic means that you know with absolute certainty, regardless of theism or atheism.

Both gnostics and collectivists should be genocided in the name of liberty.
>>
>>71967185
You want me to link to a study that proves free will or some shit. Guess what buddy it doesn't exist. Some things are just not testable by materialist science but ok lets go a little deeper. Have you ever done anything out of the ordinary? or about to do something but decided against it?
>>
>>71966913
As I said, if we do not have free will, we are mindless robots, driven by something else.

If we don't have a free will of our own, everything we do or think is determined by something else.

So make your choice. A mindless zombie with no will have his own, being conducted by some great puppeteer, or, a man who has a will of his own, which by extension since it is yours, and yours alone, it is free.

As it is all determined and driven from yourself.
>>
>>71943171
>Atheist "science"
>6 gazillion billion years ago nothing exploded into everything
>Humans evolved from a fish 666 billion years ago
>Dogs can give birth to cats and cats can give birth to fish
>The earth is 999 billion years old
>Do not ask me for evidence its 2016 you ignorant fool nazi
>Reiligous people believe in god LOL fairytale
>I do not believe in atheism it is a fact and not a religion
>But again do not ask me to prove my claims
>>
>>71967473
"The living ignore the strange and unusual. I myself, am strange and unusual" - W. Ryder
>>
>>71967395
this is still presuming we are not able to be influenced by God which does not sound like an all powerful being to me

>>71967473
>Guess what buddy it doesn't exist.
then why do you believe it?

>>71967475
this is not proof of free will. this is wishful thinking.
>>
>>71967438
wtf gnostic just means to know they self. With the intention that through knowing your self you will come in contact (reunion) with your God self, christ consciousnesses, multidimensionality etc.
>>
File: American price of freedom.png (454 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
American price of freedom.png
454 KB, 1200x800
>>71967395
>The dictionary is not an argument

Actualy it is, because you were arguing that I was using an incorrect definition. Meme correctly next time, Christtard.

BTFO.

>>71967438

>GENOZIDE IS DA BRIZE OF MUH FREEDUMB!
>>
>>71943354
>scientists are just doing their own thing
They don' "do" anything. They are always talking about what they are going to do, what they haven't done "yet".
Like, "We haven' built that time machine that will deliver fresh pizza before you actually order it - YET. But with more funding...."
>>
>>71967479
Every single one of your posts just makes you look like a complete fucking idiot.
Evolution Theory, Big Bang Theory and Atheism are not mutually inclusive, one can exist without the others, unlike your religion, without your petty god, you'd be out raping all of the women and killing all of the other men, wouldn't you?
>>
>>71967689
No, it is an ultimatum I have presented you with.

You have a will of your own, or you don't. If you don't it's driven by something else.

I can tell you have understood what I have said. And you are in momentary denial because I have shown the absolute lack of critical thinking you have put forth on whether or not we have free will.

There are not more options, there are only two. Pick one.
>>
Read the bible on your own. Don't go to church. Don't let people bs you about what they think God wants or who He is. Keep your religious views to yourself and find your own path.

I was raised atheist. I'm 24 now, followed the advice above, and I now would identify as a Christian.
>>
>>71967934
>You have a will of your own, or you don't. If you don't it's driven by something else.
I agree. I believe we don't and you still have no proof of free will. What happens now?
>>
>>71967689
bc i don't need to be told what to think by men in lab coats. I have my own experience that informs my beliefs beyond what science has to say. Science has been corrupted anyway. If your trusting their words and not what your own experience is telling you you've been seriously misled. http://theweek.com/articles/618141/big-science-broken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN-vMMpja30
>>
>>71967689

No, if you reread it you'll see that my argument is completely irrelevant if God doesn't influence us in some way.

God doesn't FORCE us to do things, we have free will, but God does offer subtle guidance in some situations. This is also the case with the prophets; although the influence was more overt, it was still a choice made in free will to do God's will. You'll find this is consistent with what I said previously.
>>
>>71967701
I don't where you got your definitions, but it'd be certainly be the neighbor to your mangina, as certain as gnosticism.
>>71967729
Even if we enacted liberal laws protecting the constitution, progressives would breed more collectivist, socialist, communist and globalist scum. Genocide is the only language they understand besides AAVE.
>>
File: 1438811365316.gif (787 KB, 300x187) Image search: [Google]
1438811365316.gif
787 KB, 300x187
>>71967856
>Every single one of your posts just makes you look like a complete fucking idiot.

First post on thread.

> unlike your religion

Im not religious

Autheists are hilarious. Kill yourself you stupid faggot
>>
>>71967969

Let me guess: American West, not much contact with your family, not living in a strong community.
>>
>>71967479
>I've flown on a 747.
>I'm using a computer.
>I own a car.
>I'm immunized against a host of disease that have ravaged humanity in the past.
>Almost everything I own is in some way a product of the scientific method.

>But it hasn't yet completely explained the origins of the universe so I dismiss it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.