[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The economy is shit. Forty years ago you could work for a single
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 16
File: cash.jpg (584 KB, 2193x1462) Image search: [Google]
cash.jpg
584 KB, 2193x1462
The economy is shit. Forty years ago you could work for a single summer and have enough money to pay for a year of college tuition. Personally I blame baby boomers.

What are some ways people can save money in our current economic situation?

I'm thinking about cutting my own hair from now on. It seems simple enough, I really don't get haircuts that seem hard to do. Just blending them so they look natural seems like the only hard thing to do about it. If I was getting one haircut per month at $20 then by the end of the year I would have saved $240.

What are some other things people can do?
>>
Vote Bernie and get free stuff
>>
>>71942976
Cutting your own hair? You'd rather put the barber shop out of business so you can get cucked by the educational Jew? How about put the schools out of business instead?
>>
>>71943438
GODS FUCKING WORDS BROTHER.

THIS 100000000000000000%
>>
File: zerohedge-objectively-poorer.jpg (2 MB, 1413x3202) Image search: [Google]
zerohedge-objectively-poorer.jpg
2 MB, 1413x3202
>>71942976
>>
>>71942976
Do you have cable + internet? Cut cable. I actually live comfortably and make a lot but still cut cable because I don't need it since I can stream whatever and the industry is corrupt as hell. I save about $60 a month now.
>>
$240
You're getting took for that much. One haircut a month costs me 10.
>>
>>71943716
I just got one literally 10 minutes ago with tip included it was $15.
>>
>>71942976
you can blame all you want, if you don't 1. either start to work or 2. have rich parents, college wont pay itself.
>>
>>71943657
That one might be a little hard. Comcast charges $80 for stand alone internet but $70 for cable+internet both are off promo prices.

One of the things that helped me save a lot was just to write out a budget on a spreadsheet and stick with it. Visualizing what my account will probably look like for the whole year put things into perspective and stopped a lot of impulse shopping.
>>
File: 1461445977300.jpg (91 KB, 953x704) Image search: [Google]
1461445977300.jpg
91 KB, 953x704
>>71942976
>>
>>71942976

Minorities are the problem and always have been. Also the fact that there are way more people on this planet than there were 40 years ago.

Too many undesirables.
>>
Baby boomers were raised by jews so
>>
>>71944142
Also what are your grocery habits. If you really want to rough it out, you get dried beans, brown rice and Tabasco sauce and eat nothing but that and chicken occasionally. Bonus points if you are fat you'll lose weight.
>>
>>71944236
Will be interesting to see when automation takes off and robots do the jobs white Americans wont and spics will.
>>
File: 1456871444261.png (433 KB, 526x462) Image search: [Google]
1456871444261.png
433 KB, 526x462
>>71944410

White Americans did those jobs for many years before they were handed over to spics.

Wish people would stop using this shitty argument. It's almost as bad as pic related.
>>
>>71944524
Well to be fair farmers are corrupt as shit though because they pay Mexicans under the table $3 an hour to pick fruit. So it's not that whites won't do it but businesses are breaking the law.
>>
>>71944236
This, but also boomers need to fucking die already.
>>
>>71942976
Hang dry clothes
Ride a bike to grocery store instead of drive
Conservatively use A/C
Cook your own meals instead of eat out
>>
>>71944739

White Americans got greedy. And that's what turned so many people off. It's not that white's are incapable of doing those shitty jobs because history says otherwise. It's just that they don't wanna work for peanuts. Mexicans don't give a shit because they're already getting tons of benefits from the government more so than any other group of people, not because they're super hard workers.
>>
>>71944739
Farmers have always been like that. Watch Harvest of Shame.
>>
>>71944324

lol bro? Fruits and vegetables are inexpensive. You can eat a healthier diet than that at a low cost.

Brown rice + vegetables + chicken + a banana = a healthy meal that is only going to be around $4.50 per meal, depending on the deal you get at the grocery store.
>>
>>71944935
>White Americans got greedy

And by that I mean the farmers. More for them, less for their workers. That's why somewhere down the line all these businesses resorted to hiring illegals and spics in general, because they can pay them peanuts and get away with it.
>>
>>71942976
>paying tuition
kek, are you so fucking dumb and retarded you couldn't get a scholarship
>>
Raise the rate and crash this whole fraud of an economy!
>>
I went to the grocery today and buying meat is fucking pointless it's so expensive it makes me cry

Wheat Rice and Beans it is :(
>>
>>71942976
1940s Jewish marxists left for the US to employ cultural marxism in teh so called 'long march through the institutions'.

Now they have finally achieved places of power. Tuition skyrockets and the education at these institutions is nothing more htan cultural marxist indoctrination.
>>
>>71946214
It's worse than that, not only have tuition skyrocketed but only rich foreign kids can afford to go to college and more and more colleges are giving them priority since they pay extra for being international students.
>>
>>71945409
You bring up a point that frustrates me when I hear poor people whine about muh vegetables. Vegetables aren't even that expensive. Those poor people then go out and buy $4 containers of Oreos and shit.
>>
>>71942976
Baby boomers were just useful idiots in getting us to where we are now. It's the fault of bankers and the government.

As for what you can do, one thing is to learn about seed saving and grow some of your own food. If you aren't clever, you'll spend a lot doing it. If you are clever, you can do it for really fucking cheap. On top of that, it feels pretty good making a meal where everything except for things like salt, was produced by you.
>>
>he pays for hair cuts
Literally just get buzzcut senpai. Easy to do yourself and looks good. Redpilled as fuck too.
>>
>>71943438
>>71943515
Yeah right, enjoy your job at McDonalds until that robot comes and takes over your job.

A STEM degree is the only way to assure you have a decent future ahead.
>>
>>71944236
This
>>
>>71942976
I cut my own hair and make around 200k/yr. I also live in a shitty little condo instead of a lavish house.

The nestegg is growing quickly.
>>
TRADE
R
A
D
E

SCHOOL
C
H
O
O
L
>>
>>71942976
I havent paid for a haircut in 15 years and college is expensive because people can get college loans without credit checks
>>
>>71942976
Read Mr. Money Mustache's blog. Living frugally and saving is really not at all difficult. You just have to get beyond the urge to buy frivolous shit. Eating healthy is also easy and can be very cheap, learn to garden, drink only water, buy rice from Asian markets. I would say the most difficult thing for us burgers is not have good public transport.
>>
>>71946924
It's amazing how cheap the rice at Asian markets are. You can buy a big ass bag of rice for like $12. It lasts months

I second your post too. I've read that guy's blog and he has some really good tips.
>>
>>71942976
Haven't gotten a haircut in 3 years
>>
File: anon gets tricked twi(...).jpg (1 KB, 16x125) Image search: [Google]
anon gets tricked twi(...).jpg
1 KB, 16x125
best infographic
>>
>>71942976

Who the fuck cuts their hair every month?
>>
>>71942976
phone bill, do you really need unlimited everything for 50-65 a month?

Do you really need to eat out every week?

Do you really need to go out every weekend?

Do you really need to buy brand new clothes every year?

Do you really need to buy brand foods?

Some small shit people do every fucking day of the year and they wonder why they are broke.
>>
>>71947390

I cut my hair every week. If it grows out even a little bit my baldness is BAM right there.
>>
>>71947400
>Do you really need to buy brand foods?

Yes. Everything else, no.
>>
>>71944213
>in Britain
All I see are hijabs, it's sad that Britain hasn't enforced Shari'a law on the infidels, it just proves we are the religion of peace for being this merciful.
>>
>>71942976
blame illegals taking jobs at lower wages.

cheap labor is the reason you cant get a summer job to pay for a year of college.
>>
>>71947200
fuck you nigger
>>
>>71948619
Those illegals stealing jobs should be contributing an equal amount in demand by working, but they're not so something is still off.
>>
>>71942976

Meh, i barely spend money at all, saving is not hard when you are not a whore who spreads his wallet wide open on every occassion.

Do not get any long term contracts if you do not need to.
You do not need that fucking 100k internet connection, you do not need a phone contract get a prepaid card and stop wasting time on the internet.
Do not buy videogames or trash like that.
You can travel with a bike in a city, instead of paying a shitton for car insurance and gas.
Stop drinking, smoking or drug abusing you degenerate junkie.
Cook your own food and actually start counting the money you spend on ingredients.
Try to sell off shit you do not need.
No goofing around in the shower.
Save on your electricity.
And finally, getting some job or two would be pretty rad aswell.
>>
It doesn't fucking matter who you blame or what you think anyone's done to you or anyone in general.

Fuck dude, YOU don't matter, your job doesn't matter, how much money you have doesn't matter, whether you had a college education doesn't matter because in a hundred years everyone here will be dead and no one will care.

Just work hard and live the best life you can. Worrying about 20 bucks a month isn't going to save you.
>>
>>71942976
College is more expensive because there is more demand but supply can't keep up because there is a finite amount of buildings, classrooms, dorms, and professors and it's expensive to get more.
>>
>>71946459
If you have an Aldi near you, vegetables and fruits are 1/2 to 1/3 of the price of a regular grocery store.
>>
>>71949069
lol no

the price of uni is going up because of inflation = money printing = zirp = QE AND MAINLY fed gov is guaranteeing student loans

so now uni/colleges know the student loans will never stop and they dont care if the person who takes out the loan pays because the fed gov promised to pay if the student defualts

this whole issue is an issue of student loans

take the gov away from student loans

and watch the price drop over night

imagine going into the bank to get a real loan like an unsecured $25,000 loan for something whatever, banker would laugh at you

but you go in asking about student loans and they will try and give you $200,000

why do you think that is?

fed gov backed up every loan

watch in 20 years uni/college will cost at least $150,000 or more

its a joke
>>
>>71949366
Exactly
>>
>>71948942
But being very smart with budgeting can help you retire earlier and enjoy your life to the best you can.
>>
>>71942976
US Russia alliance when?
>>
>>71948942
This is a good example of how niggers think
>>
File: 1454735637579.jpg (48 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1454735637579.jpg
48 KB, 640x480
i did the math on a mortgage that i'm considering. apparently a 20 year mortgage is roughly 20-23% interest for the whole mortgage.

i thought usury was illegal.
>>
Go to Walmart, most hair shavers cost $12. You use one of those fixed comb things on the end and even a retard can cut his own hair. I have paid ZERO dollars for haircuts for over 3 years, I'm never going back.

In college at U.C. my sister's bf was an enterprising Mormon guy with little money.

He bought a big trailer in a trailer park, had 3 roomates whom he charged rent.

He paid ZERO rent for 5 years at college, then sold the trailer at a profit.

He's an investment banker now.
>>
>>71942976
Blame the kikes and elites. It used to be one man could support a family of 5+. Then they pushed feminism, doubling the workforce and thus cutting labor demand in half. Now the father and mother had to work for the same amount of wealth. Then they struck gold when they started allowing 3rd worlders to flood in. 3rd worlders work for peanuts and breed like rats. Now there's a massive labor surplus of people with low standards, that are fine with living in a ghetto on government assistance their whole lives. Collective bargaining is dead, the economy is dead, our futures are dead, and who's to blame is clear. When the time comes to put the elites and their kike handlers on a pike, be ready.
>>
>>71950349
I'm losing my hair soon when it thins out too much i'll do this.
>>
I buy all my medication from India and save money on getting mole removal or wart removal by doing it myself. You can get a bottle of lidocaine/xylocaine solution for about $15 that will last you many self-surgeries. Took me an hour or two to look up how to inject local anesthetic and how to properly shave the mole off by watching doctors do it on youtube. I'm covered in them so getting them removed professionally would be really expensive.
>>
>>71942976
i bought a very decent machine to cut my hairs alone,i paid 30 euros for it,instead of paying 10 euros every month to cut my hair
>>
>>71946707
Robots will not be able to replace tradeskills like plumbing for a very VERY long time.
>>
>>71950628
agreed. im not going to cut my hair when i can't just trim it, but if i decide to go to a number cut (number 3, 5, whatevs) ill buy a clipper
>>
>>71950687
How does one remove a mole on their own? They are very deep and require stitches.
>>
>>71950349
Wow sounds like great living a real god amongst men those haircut savings and trailer park living is really going to stop you from having a mid life crisis and a horrible elderly hood.
>>
File: 619[1].jpg (54 KB, 600x763) Image search: [Google]
619[1].jpg
54 KB, 600x763
>>71942976
This is OP's haircut.

>What are some ways people can save money in our current economic situation?
This doesn't seem like a "current situation" it seems like it will just be life as normal now in America. There will be a lot of poor people, there will be a lot of unemployment due to technology and too many workers. Although stocks have recovered from the Great Recession- a lot of people are still underemployed and poor.
>>
>>71942976
>Paying $20 for a haircut
Is this normal for burgers?
>>
>>71951155
Nah it's more like $12 but then you're expected to tip (lol I know)

If you aren't doing anything fancy with your hair, you might as well just cut it yourself.
>>
>>71942976
The economy was shit before too. My dad worked all the way through college and was still paying medical school loans 25 yrs after the fact. You just have to save as much you can, because we're all pretty much doomed
>>
>>71951155
Depends, I know some who pay 50 or more for "designer" cuts. I generally go $15-17 including tip.
>>
>>71951009
Finding joy in life while not spewing money is possible
>>
>>71951009
im not sure how a trailer is sold at a profit. traditionally, trailers are always a losing investment. mostly because people who buy them aren't the wealthy type. id need to see the numbers before i believe someone sold a trailer anywhere near purchase price.
>>
>>71951373
You can, but it doesn't matter if you have wealth when your old or not because your quality of life is going to be shit.
>>
File: jew interest.jpg (274 KB, 639x478) Image search: [Google]
jew interest.jpg
274 KB, 639x478
>>71942976
>Personally I blame baby boomers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4wU9ZnAKAw
>>
>>71951678
Well yeah I know that but if you can retire years earlier than if you were careless with money, then that should count for something.
>>
File: 1457967825823.jpg (31 KB, 335x371) Image search: [Google]
1457967825823.jpg
31 KB, 335x371
>>71942976
Cook your own food.
Only drink water, it's cheap.
All colleges have showers, use them if you can.
Don't use credit cards if they make you pay for maintenance.
Don't play videogames.
Don't watch TV.

Anyway, cut costs it's not hard.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 326x579) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 326x579
>>71948871
>>
File: 402px-THE_SWEDE.jpg (61 KB, 402x599) Image search: [Google]
402px-THE_SWEDE.jpg
61 KB, 402x599
>>71951916
hey, you can't blame the jews for doing that shit bro, they have no choice they are soulless parasites

do you blame the wolves for killing your village, or tyhe baby boomers that opened the gates?
>>
When I was saving up for grad school while working full time on night shift at a chemical refinery, I grabbed all the overtime I could find. I also moved into a room in a student boarding house (6 bedroom house, shared bath and kitchen. Think "young ones") I had a microwave and a hot plate in my room because my housemates were such fucking pigs, but since I worked so much (700 hours overtime in 1 year, probably an OSHA violation) I didn't give a shit. I ate lots of rice, beans and pasta. I didn't have cable and my TV only got 2 local channels, so I went to the library and read a lot. I sold my car and bought a lightly used POS Korean shitbox car. That's also when I learned to cut my own hair (#6 on top, #2 on sides). I quit wasting money on alcohol.

After 2 years of living like a Mexican drywaller I was able to pay off all my debts and save up $28K. The joke was on me, because shortly after I quit my job and went to grad school full time I received a fellowship for free tuition. You never know how karma will reward your suffering.

I look back on those years as the best in my life. I lived simply, I read a lot, and I met my wonderful wife the first month of school. Karma rewards self-imposed suffering for a good cause.
>>
>>71952261
>Don't play video games
I pirate or play f2p games
>Don't watch TV
I pirate my TV shows
>>
>>71954036
Damn dude that is some good shit. I hope to start doing that when I get a full time job. Either grab some overtime if I can or get a part time weekend/night job
>>
>>71942976
I cut my own hair just buzz that shit off feels good man
>>
>>71942976

I cut my own hair, I'm a racist skinhead so I buzz it.

I've stopped shaving so I have a beard. I use my hair trimmer to trim my beard.

No cable tv, just internet.

I shop at Aldi's for food. At a big chain supermarket near my home, avocados are 2.49 a piece whereas at Aldi's they were .50 a piece. I get a lot more goods for the amount I spend.

I also do a lot of hunting and fishing. I have a deep freezer with about 100 lbs of venison form the two deer I shot in December of 2015 and I eat fish I catch.

I shop at Walmart for clothes and I mainly wear Dickey work pants but that is because I'm a specialized Mechanic on Automation systems made by Siemens. I don't care about big name brands of clothing.
>>
File: jew expulsions.gif (65 KB, 125x146) Image search: [Google]
jew expulsions.gif
65 KB, 125x146
>>71953291
>you can't blame the jews for doing that shit
Jews Banished From Countries 109 Times Since 250AD
https://trutube.tv/legacy/Jews-Banished-From-Countries-109-Times-Since-250AD_v1012
>>
You can do it!
>>
File: 1440445484032.jpg (124 KB, 691x680) Image search: [Google]
1440445484032.jpg
124 KB, 691x680
>>71942976
>I blame baby boomers

Because baby boomers are in charge of monetary policy in the US.
I hope you are aware there is presently a literal army of economics majors in charge of the economy. But it's not their fault.
>>
File: king cat.jpg (111 KB, 800x1155) Image search: [Google]
king cat.jpg
111 KB, 800x1155
>>71944213
He's somewhat correct. Of course, he handed out billions to companies and never asked to have them pay it back...he never held any of them responsible.

>>71942976
Its not that hard but stop spending money on useless shit and luxuries.
Hell, 2 cups of Starbucks costs as much as a 2-3 weeks worth of store-bought ground starbucks
Cut cable.
You can cut your own hair, assuming you're fine with very simplistic styles.

The only off brand shit I don't buy is toilet paper. That's because I haven't found one yet that doesn't feel like sandpaper to my ass.

>>71949756
>watch in 20 years uni/college will cost at least $150,000 or more
My medical program costs that much. I had to take a year off to work so I could pay off my student loans from undergrad.

The problem is that schools are paying more and more for non-educational positions and programs. For fucks sake, you look at D1 sports programs? All but a handful run in the red.
Duke Women's basketball costs loses the school 4 million every year.
Lets not ignore all the administrators and coaches making six and seven figure salaries...
>>
>>71942976

>Forty years ago you could work for a single summer and have enough money to pay for a year of college tuition.

That's not necessarily the economies' fault. There is so much red tape and bureaucracy at the administration level that you a) have way more people than you need b) they are paid way too much and c) it's a pain in the ass to get rid of them.
>>
File: federal reserve jews 2.jpg (101 KB, 580x404) Image search: [Google]
federal reserve jews 2.jpg
101 KB, 580x404
>>
>>71958508
>a) have way more people than you need
Which is why most of the university hires are on the non-educational side of things. Diversity officers etc
>b) they are paid way too much and
The people vote for their own salary and nobody has the power to hold them accountable.
>c) it's a pain in the ass to get rid of them.
Oh its easy. A frugal accountant could easily downsize half the adiminstrative and justify removing non-essential programs.
>>
>>71948871

this
>>
>>71954036

Godspeed
>>
>>71954036
passed over reading this before until others replied. damn, that's good stuff.
>>
>>71942976
>Forty years ago you could work for a single summer and have enough money to pay for a year of college tuition

You can still do this. Tech companies pay their summer interns more than most Americans make in a year.

If you can't offer modern skills, don't bitch.
>>
>>71948871
>No fun
I agree with being frugal, but Jesus dude, if you die next week, what was the point? You have to balance between being responsible with your money and enjoying your life.
>>
>>71951435
This, and they degrade fairly quickly. I think that Mormon sold you a line of shit. Either that, or he sold the trailer to a very ignorant person.
>>
>>71946561
>not producing your own salt
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.