[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask an Indianfag living in US anything. I'll try to answer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 9
File: tfw_particle_named_after_you.jpg (8 KB, 295x200) Image search: [Google]
tfw_particle_named_after_you.jpg
8 KB, 295x200
Ask an Indianfag living in US anything. I'll try to answer all your questions, once you get all the memes out of your system.
>>
>>71941549
When are you converting Pakis and Bangladeshis back to Hinduism?
>>
>>71941549
Why is idnias infrastructure so terrible and laws completely random
>>
>>71941549
How prevalent is religion and superstition in India? I know the lower classes are supposed to believe in toilet witches and all that, but I've read about actual doctors concluding that yogis can live on nothing but sunlight or air.
>>
>>71941549
What's it like working at a convenience store
>>
>>71941549
POO IN BURGER
O
O

I
N

B
U
R
G
E
R
>>
How much mold have you let grow in your apartment?
>>
Why don't you go home and make India great?
>>
>>71941549
Do you use a toilet or the driveway?
>>
>>71941549
You have to back
TrumpHeadShake.jpg
>>
Why do you guys talk funny?
>>
>>71941549
did you fuck an american alrady ?
>>
>>71941549
Do you you work in a call center or a gas station?
>>
File: 1452561866036.jpg (951 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1452561866036.jpg
951 KB, 1200x800
>>71941549
how's microsoft treating you?
remember, SR520 is the designated shitting street :^)
>>
>>71941549

how many thousands of years is it going to take for india to "develop"?
>>
>>71942931

>impling most of their streets even have official names
>>
do u get along well with niggers?
>>
File: 1301199573358.gif (895 KB, 232x137) Image search: [Google]
1301199573358.gif
895 KB, 232x137
Who are all these faggots thinking anyone gives a fuck who they are
this is not reddit
you are not special
point a pistol at your face
and paint the wall behind your head
with cherry pie
please
and thank you
>>
File: 52459482.jpg (20 KB, 460x287) Image search: [Google]
52459482.jpg
20 KB, 460x287
>>71941549
When will you guys finally bring down the hammer on the communist insurrection festering in eastern India?
>>
>>71941549
Are you trained to poo in loo?
>>
>>71943160
Now that's what I call edgy
>>
One fucking post by Op, he is either a strayan on proxy or had to run to his DST.
>>
>>71941814
I personally think we shouldn't. Their ancestors made the choice for them, forced conversion isn't the Hindu way of life anyway.

>>71941818
It's the deep rooted problems of decades of low-level corruption and unnecessarily complicated bureaucracy, which was a result of a system based on Brits without accounting for the utterly different socio-political circumstances of erstwhile India.

>>71941859
Some amount of "harmless" superstition is present in a lot of Indians, especially in the middle class (which is poorer than the American/UK middle class definitions). However, there certainly are those crazies who will literally sacrifice their firstborn if some religious charlatan swindles them into it. This is very limited to rural areas, and uneducated classes. There is the odd case of "educated" people doing it, too, but it's not as much as your media will have you believe.

Will keep answering. Sorry, I had to go away for a bit.
>>
>>71944100
Being as objective as you possibly can; which culture is better, Indian or American?
>>
>>71941917
I am a grad student in my final year. I work at a research lab.
Never worked at a convenience store.

>>71941976
Not much. I live in a humid region, so every summer there is some mold that creeps up in the bathroom, but I take care of it asap with baking soda + vinegar

>>71942049
Wanted a PhD in a field that hasn't yet grown in India. Once I get a PhD, pay back some school debts, do some networking in the field etc, I would like to head back and start up.

>>71942097
I use the toilet most of the times. But sometimes if I'm feeling homesick, I would take a dump in an unsuspecting neighbor's driveway.
>>
File: poo church.jpg (88 KB, 700x760) Image search: [Google]
poo church.jpg
88 KB, 700x760
>>71944448
>homesick
>shits on driveway

he's indian alright
>>
>>71942178
Well, it's really the very harsh "T" and "D" sounds that y'all find funny. These sounds are incredibly common and central to most Indian languages. So we do differentiate between a soft and a harsh sound, however most westerners don't. Of course, add to the mix the "sing-songy" lilt from the different regions of India, and it becomes amusing or silly to a non-Indian ear. There's just way too many languages and their local dialectal variations for us to not have a very unique accent. Sometimes even I guffaw when I run into someone from a different region, who's fresh off the boeing.

>>71942643
Not really. I married my long-time gf, who's also Indian.

>>71942759 and >>71942931
See >>71944448

>>71942957
Depends on what you call "developed". If we're talking about numbers like GDP, foreign investment, market caps etc then we're not too far away. If however you talk about more intangible/unquantifiable measures like quality of life etc, then I think we're a few decades away. This is assuming that ground-up, grass-roots, community level changes start and continue to gain momentum, because central (federal) level changes only go so far towards developing a nation that is as large and diverse as India.
>>
Why do indians rape so much?

Why do you people stink so much?
>>
Who was better: Gandhi or Ambedkar.
>>
>>71944946

>how many more thousands of years

answer translation:
>a lot
>>
>>71944946
Answer my fucking question, Pajeet. Or too stupid to know what's going on within your own borders?

>>71943186
>>
Typical Pajeet thinking he's better than everyone.
>>
>>71945219
whats wrong with communism?
>>
>>71943055
I personally have had very little interaction with the upstanding members of the American community, which is statistically insignificant to draw any conclusions from. However, I try to learn from media and others' experiences, as objectively as I can after removing any biases that I can identify. Based on that, let's just say that I wouldn't be comfortable living in "urban areas" of cities like Detroit or Atlanta, and especially wouldn't be comfortable with any hypothetical future kids I have, hanging around in those areas.

>>71943186
Meh. It's not as simple as just The Red Menace, as you Americans are wont to think. There is a lot of complicated regional shit that's at play there. Most of those factions rose up because of the perceived threat of a much larger power (i.e., the central govt) that threatened to uproot them from their lands, and irreversibly change their lives. These were rebel tribals, who though they're protecting their local interests from outside influences, all the while not realizing that they got manipulated by the chinks into adapting gommunism-like agendas. Most rebel guerilla groups tend to lean that way. So, I personally am conflicted about the issue. Of course, such guerilla factions cannot peacefully coexist with a modern idea of a unified India. But I don't think the govt should just go in guns-a-blazin' and just raze their communities. A diplomatic solution would be better, which I just don't have myself.

>>71943360
see >>71944448
>>
>>71944284
wew, that's a loaded question lad. Well, I don't really know what's a "better" culture. Really just depends on the objectives that you're trying to optimize, which are always going to be subjective. Without going into a pretentious philosophical debate about it, let me just say this: the Indian culture as it exists today is a very different culture from when I was growing up there, and completely orthogonal to the "Hindu" cultural and regional identity that has existed through history. It is a lot more materialistic, westernized, and in a state of rapid flux. To be honest, I don't like the direction in which it is going, where it may wound up being just a satellite "cultural colony" of the West.

That being said, the American culture is also now in a state of flux, more so than when I came here a few years ago. It is also going into a new direction, and there's no telling what it may bring. As of now though, the rampant political correctness, the always-offended, jobless, entitled millennials, and the ultra-reactionary "right-wing" response to it are very unstable. I hope, for the sake of Americans, that this phase passes us soon before it does lasting damage. Unfortunately, I think at least one generation will suffer from this.
>>
>>71945017
> Why do indians rape so much?

They actually don't. It's the MSM that's just looking for some "masala" to fill up their 24-hour news channel airtimes and inundate the social media with clickbait articles. Of course, the numbers will be higher, simply because of the sheer size of the base number of population in the sample size. The occurrence of everything is just more frequent because of that.

>Why do you people stink so much?

I am afraid to say that a lot of Indians, especially those from the lower middle classes, don't have the standards of hygiene that the West demands. I could go into a tirade about the reasons behind this behavior, having to do with their priorities being on day-to-day survival and deodorants being a luxury etc, but you won't be satisfied with that answer anyway. So I'll leave you with this: most of those stinky Indians are just unaware that they're stinking. Once attention is brought to that fact, in a friendly manner, most will realize it and correct it. It's mostly the spices and sweat frankly.

>>71945424
But I am, Abdul.
>>
What are some good indian films?
>>
What are your views on trumps immigration policies? Also have you faced racist burgers at the workplace/school?
>>
>>71947101
American here. I have never heard of anyone disliking or hating Indians (outside of 4chan.) most people seem not to care about them or just find them to be a sort of quirky oddity.
>>
>>71947073
There's too many for me to satisfactorily give you a list. But I'll jog some down off the top of my head:

Manorama Six feet under
A wednesday (red-pilled movie about kebabs)
Pipli live (a great movie from a first-time director on the plight of the Indian farmers)
Being cyrus, Ek hasina thi, Kaun, Bhul bhulaiya (great pyscho thrillers)
99, Delhi belly, Bheja fry, Phas gaye re Obama (comedy of errors, and yes, Obama)
DevD (a fresh new look at a classic Indian sad romantic story of Devdas)

Some amazing B-movies, that are so bad that they're great:
Gunda (utterly politically incorrect, but fucking funny)
Andaz Apna Apna (A parody-like comedy movie that was definitive of its era)
Singham (come on, you know this one)
Bahubali
Any movie starring Rajinikanth

Here's a great online free streaming website run by the NFDC India, which has amazing classic movies and some indies: http://www.cinemasofindia.com/

I can only suggest Bollywood (hindi), but Bengali cinema is very creative and prolific. Check out some movies by the director Satyajit Ray.

I am sure I am missing a lot of movies that I've loved over the years.
>>
>>71948069
Why the fuck do all of your movies feature dancing and singing? Are there any that don't have shitty Indian stereotypes?
>>
>>71948069
Thanks for the list.
>>
>>71948724
Not op but maybe v you just aren't used to it. Like how lots if American movies feature a side romance, or have shitty flashing cuts of random shit for action scenes.
>>
>>71947101
I think Trump is doing what he needs to do to stay in the news. I have no idea what he stands for in terms of most of his policies. As far as immigration, I think it's unrealistic to boot millions of people out of the country, and the resources spent to do so effectively will likely dwarf any costs to the system that the immigrants are burdening. Building a giant wall along the border is just silly childish symbolism that is not at all going to be effective at keeping illegals out, and the American tax dollars have a lot of better places to go instead. His H1B policies, however little coherent discourse he's propounded on the subject, are also ill-thought. He can certainly try and pass a bill that forces every corporation to substantially H1B's in favor of Americans, which he will have to pass through congress with his executive power anyway. There just aren't that many qualified Americans for some of the high-tech jobs that Asians are doing, largely because most Americans have stopped going to graduate school. And especially now that the tech industry and businesses have benefited from the ruthless efficiency of a highly skilled, highly selective workforce, most of these businesses won't want to "downgrade" in the interest of someone's idea of patriotism. If Trump is as smart a businessman as he claims, then he knows this already and he'll backtrack on this if he comes to power.

>Also have you faced racist burgers at the workplace/school?
I am in a graduate program at a large university. Most of these places tend to be very friendly to foreigners, especially those foreigners who are happy to adapt to the local culture (which most Indians are, or at least have the intentions to). So I've faced very little racism. A couple of incidents of cowardly drunk frat-boys throwing water balloons or soda cans or shouting "HEY FUCK YUO ARAB" from speeding cars.
>>
>>71948724
This tbqh >>71949059
>>
>>71949059
Side romances actually happen in real life. Nobody robs a bank and then goes home to celebrate by dancing and singing in a fucking formation with his gang and their girlfriends.
>>
>>71941549
Not memeing here. What's the deal with all the weird bathroom stuff? Not just the >poo in loo thing but drinking cow urine, the rural types worshipping toilets, toilet humour in movies (e.g. slumdog millionaire), etc.
>>
>>71949574
Well, it's a movie. It's supposed to entertain. Doesn't always have to reflect real life, otherwise why should people come to watch? Most mainstream movies will have it, because they can also sell the songs of the movie once it's released. It's good business.
>>
>>71949791
Do Indians watch Hollywood films and think that they could be improved by a song and dance number?
>>
>>71949943
Kek no. It's just a different culture, mang. It wouldn't fit in.
>>
>>71950166
Excellent, so we can conclude that in terms of films, Western culture beats Indian culture because Western films are already complete without unnecessary parts that utterly break immersion.

How about food diversity? Is it common for Indians to eat other cultures' food? Or do they stick exclusively to their own?
>>
>>71941549

Poop?
>>
>>71941549
Why the fuck do you and your people always expect a discount for EVERYTHING? I mean seriously, you think just because you walk into a place for the first time in your life, that you expect some type of savings or discount. This could be anywhere too, like a restaurant or barbershop. And speaking of haircuts, why do you shave your kids bald? I mean I know it's some type of tradition, but please explain.
>>
>>71941549

That's why I call bosons poo-particles.
>>
>>71941549

What trends do you see in women's rights in India today? How and to what degree does the caste system play a role in aiding or obstructing the realization of women's rights?
>>
>>71950394
>Excellent, so we can conclude that in terms of films, Western culture beats Indian culture because Western films are already complete without unnecessary parts that utterly break immersion.

lolwut. Are you insecure about something?

> How about food diversity? Is it common for Indians to eat other cultures' food? Or do they stick exclusively to their own?

Well in India, a lot of other cultures' foods have made way. However, just like the West, a lot of is "indianized", i.e., spicier + more veggie options. Most Indians are massive foodies. They will eat whatever new thing that comes on the market. However, because of our taste palettes, most can't appreciate the subtler tastes of some European cuisines and they end up tasting bland.

I love all kinds of food from different cultures. I've been exposed to a lot more variety of it, in the US.
>>
>>71941549
Do you eat poo poo?
>>
File: krs.jpg (75 KB, 504x340) Image search: [Google]
krs.jpg
75 KB, 504x340
>>71950590
I'm actually curious about this too

Why do you guys expect discounts? I've had Indian men get mad when I tell them I can't give them a discount

And why do you guys shake your heads when you talk?

Funny story
>Indian guy comes in during a sale, box is slightly damaged so he says he wants even more of a discount
>tell him we can't do that with sale items
>he gets mad, leaves the box
>comes back a few days later to purchase the item
>mfw its not even on sale anymore

WE gave him the discount for the fucked up box though, which was about 7% (the sale was 60% off)
>>
Why do you whip your ass with your bare hands?
Also, why do you stink so fucking bad?
>>
>>71941549
Are you a doctor or an IT guy?

Pretty much all Indians are in those fields from what I see, and I doubt if you were pumping gas or working at Dunkin donuts you'd be shitposting on /pol/.
>>
>>71950590
It's cultural. Most of those people are from lower middle classes, who have to struggle for everything in life. Business and shopowners in India know this, so they manipulate them by offering fake "discounts", and making them haggle for it to make them feel like they've actually "won". They'll jack up the cost to 50% and then offer a 40% discount on it. They do it so much, that most of these mindless nincompoops fall for it, and it becomes a part of their mentality. They are just too short-sighted to see past a $1 here and there to realize they're being scammed.

>why do you shave your kids bald

There was a reason for this that had to do with something hygiene related for infants, which I am completely blanking on right now. Sorry.
>>
>>71951708

It's probably to prevent lice, I remember the Egyptian used to do it
>>
File: Benny.jpg (243 KB, 1024x685) Image search: [Google]
Benny.jpg
243 KB, 1024x685
>>71941549
Have people mistaken you for a muslim?
Have you been treated like a terrorist?
Do you fear for your safety when in contact with the police?
Do you like las vegas?
>>
>>71950937
Women's rights span a massive spectrum in India. We have anything from the subtler wage-gap/glass ceiling like issues in bigger corps, to just plain abuse in small, backward rural, uneducated communities.

The trends I see are worrisome. Most Muslim communities are pathetic at this, as you'd have guessed. Hindus culturally didn't really tend to be that way. Slowly over a few centuries, the influence of the Western abrahamic ideologies (islam and catholicism) led to that kind of behavior in practicing Hindus. Nowadays, there are some ultra-zealous nationalistic factions claiming a certain brand of abrahamic/monotheistic-like version of Hinduism, who are just regurgitating the ideologies of the "outsider influences" that they claim to be against. So from that perspective, women's rights are in some danger.

However, I personally believe that the real issues that women face in India, such as actual discrimination, physical abuse and outrightly denied opportunities, will trickle down to a small number once we start investing in local communities and making them self-sufficient. There are examples of very efficient, self-sufficient, local communities of dairy farmers, who don't have any such discriminatory issues because they have a powerful, working, profit-making system. Look up milk cooperatives in India, like Amul.

Of course, we also have a rise of the small faction of useless, jobless and easily offended, entitled millennials who think that everything is sexist. They're diminishing the real problems that are faced by millions of other women. They're just louder and have a bigger social media presence, as SJWs tend to be. I hope they don't irreversibly damage the chances of others.
>>
>>71952016
> Have people mistaken you for a muslim?
Some times, especially when I grow out my beard.

> Have you been treated like a terrorist?
Very rarely. I've only been selected for random checking by TSA once I think.

> Do you fear for your safety when in contact with the police?
I've never really had contact with the police here. But I believe I would be a little wary, because they're quite trigger-happy here and I fit the bill of a "suspicious element".

Tbqh, I decided to shave off a very nice beard I had been cultivating for months, right after the Paris attacks last year. I had to travel a couple of days after that, and I just decided that I couldn't risk being put on a list and suffer for the rest of my life because of a beard. I do regret having to remove it though, but I think it was a logically better decision.

>Do you like las vegas?
Been there once. I don't really like it. It's too artificial, loud, stinky and decadent for my taste.
>>
>>71951399
It's not bare hands. It's bare hands + running water. There are no differences in terms of hygiene between wiping with water or TP. But it's just cultural, you will never find this to be palatable, so I won't try to convince you it's normal. It's analogous to the argument that eating bugs is the most efficient way for humans if there's going to be 10billion of us. But other than some communities in the East and SE Asia, no one will find that idea palatable.

> Also, why do you stink so fucking bad?

I don't. But see >>71946764
>>
>>71952889
If you could wave a magic wand and change three things about India, what would they be? What three things would you change about America?
>>
>>71951447
I am a grad student in engineering. Not software or IT. I'm in nanotechnology.
>>
>>71941549

Why can't India get its shit together?

I mean, literally, get it all together & flush it down the loo.
>>
>>71953253

Things that I list below aren't really "magic wand" type wishes, e.g., "bigger dicks and more gold lol", they're more loosely defined.

> change three things about India
Just one really: better coalition of regional kingdoms to fight off the Mughal and subsequent Euro invasions. They were too short-sighted and so got cucked by the outside forces.

> What three things would you change about America?

1. Should have left Afghanistan alone. USSR wouldn't have succeeded in the long run anyway. Instead of a massive, global scale problem of mujahideen, there would be just another failed Soviet block state. Also stop funneling money and weapons to Pakistan.

2. A model closer to free-market policies, rather than crony capitalistic, bailout-y govt and abolition of lobbying.

3. More public support of manufacturing at home. Should have had the long term vision to not shipping these off to China and East Asia for shaving off the perceived measly short-term profits.
>>
It was fun while it lasted. Alas I have to go back to my lab now. Thanks to those 3 anons who hung around and asked questions. I had fun answering those, a good stress-buster.
>>
Do you hate America?
Why are poos so unfriendly?
>>
>>71954059
I don't hate America, I quite like it.

> Why are poos so unfriendly?
You may have had some unfortunately low-probability experiences with jackasses. Most Indians are very friendly people, especially to other non-Indians. Well, maybe not black people that much. Are you an upstanding member of the Basketball American community?
>>
>getting a phd
>wants to return to homeland after repaying debt
>marries long-time gf of same race
>handles the banter

I like you. Wish more were like ya.
>>
>>71953841
What state you from mate? Best friend in HS was Gujaraati, best bud in college is a Punjabi.

The guys who get born and raised here are pretty chill.
>>
>>71941549
hows does it feel knowing you're the 1% of india? you know how to use the loo
>>
>>71954433
I am from Gujarat.

ABCDs (American Born Confused Desi), as we call them, are pretty much American tbqh. Some of the 1st generation ones will have some identity issues, because their bipolar parents will keep oscillating between MUH INDIAN HERITAGE and MUH AMERICAN FREEDUM, but the next generations are as American as they get.
>>
>>71954348
no way, if you study here you should stay, we need them educated poos
>>
>>71949762
Damn I thought I replied to this. Sorry.

The toilet worshiping thing is just one or two stray stories that the media has blown out of proportion because super click-baity.

Toilet humor is just one kind of humor amongst many employed by Bollywood. Slumdog was fucking stereotypical, mostly because it was made by a Brit.

Urine drinking was considered a very helpful remedy to a lot of chronic diseases in the ancient Indian Ayurveda system. There has been some recent scientific research on it, but I don't know if there is a consensus in the community on its efficacy.
>>
Any more questions? I decided to hang back and shitpost a bit more.
>>
>>71944448
>I use the toilet most of the times. But sometimes if I'm feeling homesick, I would take a dump in an unsuspecting neighbor's driveway

Are you for real?
Indians ACTUALLY take 'shitting on the floor' as a cultural aspect, and it's not just memes?
>>
>>71956698
>
>>
>>71941549

Why do indians get a free pass on being anchor baby machines?

Lived in a community that was relatively full of H1B workers with stay at home wives who all in various stages of pregnant.

Does it get you a fast track to citizenship? or do you take your american citizen child back home when the visa runs out.
>>
>>71941549

what do you make of local reports that Indians have been shitting in curry pots which have then been used in cooking?
>>
>>71957002
I don't know if anchoring a baby gets you a citizenship faster. But I think you can apply for a permanent residency (green card) based on the fact that your offspring is a citizen.

Unless the family moves back in early years of the child, there is no way the child can grow up happily in an utterly different environment, culture and society. I know of some people who tried to uproot and move back once their kids had gone past the age of 10, but they failed to assimilate well back home and had to come back. While, one of my best m8s from when I was growing up was born in the US, but his family moved back to India before he turned 5 so he was chill.
>>
>>71957341
lolwut. Can I have the curry-sauce?
>>
>>71954311
Nope.
I'm native America and white.
>>
Did you grow up in India? What was life like growing up in India? Is it really as filthy as people say?

You're a pretty cool guy OP, all memes aside.
>>
>>71941549
Are you ever coming back to India or have you permanently shifted there?
Also, whats it like over there? Personally I'm choosing to stay here but many of my other college friends are prolly moving to US and the UK
>>
File: bbcf0b16f9746e2e4f7744b496a184af.jpg (155 KB, 1122x1185) Image search: [Google]
bbcf0b16f9746e2e4f7744b496a184af.jpg
155 KB, 1122x1185
>>71941549
Are you low caste filth?
>>
>>71947296
Indians tend not to be as loutish as Latinos or as aggressive as Arabs. They're the closest most minorities can get to White without having light skin like Koreans.
>>
>>71948724
People there like them for whatever reason, and it's common to sell albums of the songs before release to promote the film.
>>71948069
>Gunda
Do you mean Gunday?
>>
>>71960957
Nah
Gunda
Its an ironically funny movie, Gunday is just your average hindi action movie famalam
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.