[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would be the consequences of withdrawing the entire American
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: caliphate.jpg (39 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
caliphate.jpg
39 KB, 480x360
What would be the consequences of withdrawing the entire American military presence from the Middle East and cutting off all political dependence from the West? No airstrikes, no support for Israel, no coups and puppet dictators, no sanctions, no arms deals, just completely ignore the entire region and let it play out.

As far as I'm concerned, I have no problem with a fundamentalist Muslim caliphate as long as they don't shoot up concerts in other countries.
>>
Good!
>>
For America, it would be great. Think of isolationism, and how big of a tech boom we had in that era
>>
>>71934935
It would save the world. A natural order will once again return.
>>
File: moon-landing-1.jpg (52 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
moon-landing-1.jpg
52 KB, 350x350
>>71936323
To be fair, it wasn't nearly as big as the tech boom we had once we became interventionist.
>>
>>71934935
> Muslim
> Don't shoot up concerts
Choose one.
It's not that they're automatically bad people or something, but thinking that cutting all ties to the Muslim world will stop "concert shoot ups" shows a lack of understanding of the Muslim world and what the "Caliphate" is.

> cutting off all political dependence from the West?
Chaos. Oil prices.

> completely ignore the entire region and let it play out.
It's a partial possibility, but it was such a long time ago. Pulling out will resolute someone else coming in, weakening the US both economically and politically in the process.
The US is the world largest and strongest "empire", as such, it has responsibilities and obligations. Ignoring them, nursing the ME among them, will cause the US to loose this status eventually- and the US doesn't want to loose that status. Too much money and power is involved.
>>
>>71936323
We wuz assembly lines and shit!
>>
>>71934935
The thing is, europe has to care about the middle-east now because we're full of mudslimes and external entities like IS have an influence on them.

US will never drop support for Israel because a specific ethnic group that cares a lot about Israel is in control of foreign policy decision making.

Minorities necessitate interventionism and having to care. Which is great or globalist lefitist world government shills.
>>
>>71934935
Perhaps we've meddled too much at this point to just completely pull out. George Washington warned us of this 200 years ago
>>
>>71936323
We had a tech boom because we played our hands masterfully during WW2. We stumbled our way into a European war and not only secured German technology, but convinced the English to give us their technology and other holdings so they could survive the German onslaught. (Tizard Mission and Operation Paperclip).

The United States played a complete support role in WW2, yet reaped all the benefits thus granting them superpower status. I don't know whether it was a great scheme or just by chance.
>>
>>71936894
You're making it seem as if thing haven't led up to this moment based on each of our respective county's choices. In your head the United States is some sort of alien invader that has somehow interrupted the peaceful flow not only European politics, but world politics altogether.

A series of wars have been fought, that your country started. Someone came out on top.
>>
>>71937409
>Perhaps we've meddled too much at this point to just completely pull out

This is the reasoning that's going to lead to America's downfall. You gotta ignore the sunk costs and ask if the future effects justify current action.

Thank god we didn't have that outlook on Vietnam.
>>
France would retake Algeria, Spain would retake Morrocco, Italy would retake Libya, Persia would retake Mesopotamia and Russia would probably take Constantinople.
>>
>>71938688
I didn't mean it that way. I mean that I wonder if we've gotten so involved in the rest of the world's business that pulling out would cause serious problems, for us and the rest of the world.
>>
>>71939250
>France would retake Algeria
>Spain would retake Morrocco
>Italy would retake Libya

Sounds like you've been playing too much Europa Universalis. Nobody gives a fuck about colonization anymore, it's only worthwhile when your economy is based on manufacturing and revolutions can't be organized over Facebook.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.