[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is capitalism and all this consumerist culture actually sustainable?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (146 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
146 KB, 1280x720
Is capitalism and all this consumerist culture actually sustainable? You may say that climate change is a hoax, but you can't deny that capitalism has nothing to do with shit like pic related.
Will we ever reach the point when we'll need to strictly restrain from consumption?
>>
>>71933751
*I meant you can't say that capitalism has nothing to do
>>
>>71933751
Capitalism caused that liter? Fascinating. So if we were communist or say a dictatorship this wouldn't happen? What even is your conception of capitalism? You realize that people are consumers by nature?
>>
>>71934096
I know that capitalism doesn't do that itself, but it's the modern economy that relies on consumption and growth, isn't it? Imagine if all the poor African countries would be as wealthy as the first world.
I need a red pill on this question though
>>
>>71934644
Is that pajeets home? or some niggerland?
>>
>>71935154
It's the Pacific ocean
>>
>>71933751
The worst polluters on the world have traditionally been communist dictatorships.
>>
>>71934644
I fail to see how a garbage removal problem is the result of economic policy. Maybe if everyone was richer we wouldn't polite as much? You realize that capitalism is by design the only successful model to make the largest number of people rich. So what exactly is your question/complaint
>>
>>71935599
All of it? damn well that sucks senpai.
>>
>>71935599
That is Poo land, don't lie.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 1200x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 1200x480
>>71933751
>Because Communist societies don't produce waste?

https://news.vice.com/article/the-soviet-union-dumped-a-bunch-of-nuclear-submarines-reactors-and-containers-into-the-ocean

>Two years ago, the Russian government provided a tally: two submarines, 14 reactors — five of which contain spent nuclear fuel — 19 other vessels sunk with radioactive waste on board, and about 17,000 containers holding radioactive waste. The last known dumping occurred in 1993.
>>
File: 090-0804113656-plastic-beach-03.jpg (137 KB, 584x318) Image search: [Google]
090-0804113656-plastic-beach-03.jpg
137 KB, 584x318
>>71936487
>not knowng about the great pacfic garbage patch
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Pacific_garbage_patch
http://www.zmescience.com/science/oceanography/just-in-case-you-didnt-know-theres-a-garbage-island-twice-as-big-as-france-in-the-pacific-ocean/
>>
File: 1460705497642.jpg (88 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1460705497642.jpg
88 KB, 1280x853
>>71937702
>>71933751
>The patch is not easily visible, because it consists of very small pieces that are almost invisible to the naked eye.[8] Most of its contents are suspended beneath the surface of the ocean,[9] and the relatively low density of the plastic debris is, according to one scientific study, 5.1 kilograms per square kilometer of ocean area (5.1 mg/m2).[10]
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.