[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does pol think about high school drop outs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6
File: 1441081733697.jpg (175 KB, 797x957) Image search: [Google]
1441081733697.jpg
175 KB, 797x957
what does pol think about high school drop outs?
>>
Misguided. Usually shit parenting. Most I've met are depressed
>>
>>71930980
Did you drop out so you could work and get an advantage or did you drop out due to not being able to handle school?

Reminder to sage low quality threads.
>>
>>71930980
Unless major illness/natural disaster/death of nuclear family member, kind of stupid. High School isn't hard, if you just show up most of the time you can graduate. That being said, OP, if you're a drop-out, I strongly recommend getting your GED as soon as you possibly can, and start taking community college classes to catch up with the rest of the workforce. You shouldn't be limited to flipping burgers for mistakes you made in your past.
>>
Family problems, divorce, moving, and being poor for a spell force me out. Job corps is then, now that its all mostly blown over
>>
Retarded faggots that couldn't do the simplest of tasks.
>>
>>71930980
failures.
>>
I dropped out in 2004. I returned and got my high-school certificate in 2015 after 10 years of NEET.

I actually did really well and did well enough on all assessments and exams to get a pretty high enter score for university. I started uni back in March, it's going really well so far. Being on the internet NEET for 10 years really improved my intelligence, believe it or not.

If I had stayed in school back then, I would have most definitely failed exams and never got into uni.

There's nothing I can do to change what decisions I made. I know better now if I ever have kids, to make them point school above everything else and I will begin educating them the day they're born, so when they do enter school they're already light years ahead and just breeze through it without any worries.
>>
>>71930980

I think its great
drop out
get a real job
save money
start working out
eat a minimalist diet
join the national guard
buy a house that costs under 100,000 dollars
start e trading
develop a portfolio
buy stuff in bulk from like costco to sace money
>>
File: 1429213333940.jpg (84 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1429213333940.jpg
84 KB, 550x550
>>71930980
I droped out and are just fine.
>tfw I'm more gooder than some collige fag with all that debit
>>
>>71930980
Evolution culls the weak to make room for the strong.
Humans have stunted evolution by allowing weak specimens to survive.
Nature always finds a way, so they won't last much longer.
>>
They gave up when their life was at its easiest. Well unless there is a good reason behind it like loss of a family member or something similar.
>>
>uncle
>kicked out of hs, failed continuation too.
>misspells words all the time
>went to community college with no ged or hs diploma
>got blueprint reading and all the other machinist classes
>now makes six figures a year, with vacation, 401k, health, dental.

hs doesnt matter for shit, you can buy a hs diploma if you want. Most employers, especially machinists only give a fuck about your previous work history. If you are good at what you do, hs doesnt matter a whole lot.

yet i still know gluts of graduates with nojobs.exe
>>
>>71930980
>high school dropout

nigger all I did was smoke weed under the stairs, sleep in class, and I still graduated high school with like a 3.6gpa with a good SAT score I can't remember and got into college. If you're 17 years old and lack the energy to breathe in class in order to pass (yes it's that easy because the school system has been dumbed-down for paco and jamal) then you should be executed because you're a fucking failure.

Dropping out of high school. Jesus christ how stupid can you be?
>>
I always regret dropping out but I started working for my families contracting company and having my high school would not have benefited me at all. I learned much more working in the real world.

Still would be nice just to have tho, I guess it depends on what line of work you're in.
>>
If you're too retarded to get through High School, you don't deserve life.
>>
Join the army you stupid faggot.
>>
Feel bad for them tbqh

Kids do what they're allowed to do

If you were allowed to drop out, you had shit parents
>>
>>71933144
>Dropping out of high school. Jesus christ how stupid can you be?

People generally don't drop out of high-school because they're stupid. Legitimate stupid people get asked to leave, they don't know they're stupid and will never just get up and leave. The main part of being stupid is that you don't realise that you're actually stupid.

It's for other reasons, like bullying, mental disorders, problems at home, fucked up hormonal changes during puberty causing instability issues. But you normies couldn't comprehend that.
>>
>>71932201
Sometimes I wish I did like you. Instead of being pressured to continue directly from school to uni, I wish I had taken a year or two to just work and perhaps travel.
>>
>>71930980
You just fucked up greatly. Good job, idiot. How do you fuck up in high school? You're only a kid.
>>
>>71930980

I pretty much stopped going for the past two years but still turned up for exams. I got Cs which is the bare minimum but considering I did like no revision I'm .. "happy".

All in all it was one of the biggest mistakes I made but, it's par for the course in the bigger picture of my life. I just don't know what to do with myself now.
>>
>>71933512
>you normies

i came here from SA in 03, i watch anime and play vidya all day. careful who you call normie

the only difference is I started reading /fit/ 4 years ago and went from skelly to a sick cunt and now i'm engaged. I still watch anime and play vidya all day though.
>>
File: Deus_8674a0_5506863.jpg (77 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
Deus_8674a0_5506863.jpg
77 KB, 500x600
>>71930980
I think that you should get your GED and go to your Community College to learn a trade.

That is what I think.
>>
I'll tell you how I feel about school, Jerry: it's a waste of time. Bunch of people runnin' around bumpin' into each other, got a guy up front says, '2 + 2,' and the people in the back say, '4.' Then the bell rings and they give you a carton of milk and a piece of paper that says you can go take a dump or somethin'. I mean, it's not a place for smart people, Jerry. I know that's not a popular opinion, but that's my two cents on the issue.
>>
I dropped out of highschool

>mum got really ill
>parents had to sell house to pay for her expenses
>dad got despressed cus mum was bed ridden and he lost the house he worked so hard for
>couldn't stop thinking of my parents and how fucked they were, couldn't concentrate at school, mind was always at home
>basically had no parenting during teen years
>started WoW in 2005 to distract myself from what was happening in life
>ended up finding happiness in way away from what was going on in family

I eventually went back and got into uni and finished and now I'm earning 70k/year after tax in my 2nd year at my first job.

People just assumed I was lazy or stupid, no...I didn't get a normie upbringing, my life from 10 to 18 was miserable, illnesses, lost home I grew up in, parents not parenting cus dealing with their own medical and finaincal issues.

My brother was already old enough to handle this and moved out, my sister was too young to realize what was happening, I was at the wrong age at the wrong stage in mental development for all that shit to happen.
>>
>>71934351
Agreed. Trade schools should never be looked down upon, as they are a highly marketable skill that will allow a person to live comfortably and raise a family.

Going to college is a bad meme, and really should be used with the goal in mind of also acquiring marketable skills in a field. Going to a humanities studies and nothing else is a waste on everyone, and further incentivizes unis to push crazy tuition hikes (among other things)
>>
>high school kids that waste money by not going to community college for the first two years
oy vey
>>
>>71932754
Are you a chef at wendy's making over 150k?
>>
>>71934709
It also fucked up my social skills because for 8 years (10-18) instead of doing normie things and enjoying life and experiencing teen love I was too busy stressing about whether my mum was going to be alive or not the next time I saw her.
>>
>>71934709
ah the good old days in WoW where you could actually get immersed into the world and distracted from RL issues.

WoW cant do that anymore, its catered to normals.
>>
>>71934181
Yeah dont vlow us away with your normalness or anything
>>
>>71930980
>Finish high school
>Still have nothing
I think college dropouts are worse
>>
Bunch of people ITT need to check their non-neglectful parents privilege.
>>
>>71930980
Failure.
>>
>>71935659
>I played eve-online instead of WoW
>tfw realize I missed the glorious early WoW days
>>
Any body have any info on job corps? Anyone here gone through it?
>>
Drop out here. I hated school. I also knew that I could get into all but 2 schools in my state with a GED and good COMPASS scores.

Dropped out at the winter break of my junior year. Got my GED that spring and was enrolled for autumn courses at a state university. Graduated 4 years later.

Not here to brag about what I make or own, the only real benefit of it all is that I got to leave high school and entered the work force a year before everyone else.
>>
File: 1457763701982.jpg (119 KB, 760x1051) Image search: [Google]
1457763701982.jpg
119 KB, 760x1051
>>71930980

>drop out
>get GED
>work and live independently from 18-21
>join military
>become NCO
>do 2 tours
>get out and go to school for free

No regrets desu. I don't even really need a degree either, doing just fine.
>>
>>71937617
I know people with GEDs who do just fine, it just took them longer to figure it out.

Then again I can say the same for a lot of college fags.
>>
>>71930980
Degenerates.
If you can't get through fucking high school you should just off yourself
>>
I dropped out and it was the best decision in my life
>>
File: A good thing.jpg (8 KB, 222x216) Image search: [Google]
A good thing.jpg
8 KB, 222x216
>>71932201
i love these stories
>>
>>71937900
nah It was my own decision
>>
>>71930980
>high school

I can understand dropping out of college or uni, but high school? Just showing up to class is 90% of what is required to pass.

Work experience is the most important anyway, so just start with a shitty job and work your way up from there.
>>
>>71930980
It's the ultimate red pill.
>>
>>71930980

I dropped out but got into university anyway after writing placement tests. I'm 20 now and halfway through my second year. Best decision I made honestly high school was fucking stupid.
>>
>>71933135
>>uncle
>>kicked out of hs, failed continuation too.
>>misspells words all the time
>>went to community college with no ged or hs diploma
Could he have had a un-diagnosed learning disability. I've suspect for a while I might be mildly dyslexic. If I do than it would explain a lot. Even know I have serious problems with concentration.
>>
High school dropout here. Im doing way better than my counterparts, as I went into the workforce early due to circumstance. School was a big issue for me because I never failed a test and scored in the 95 percentile yet I never learned anything there, so I never showed up. In a cruel twist of fate, I became a corporate store's director before I even hit 30.

Blame the parents.
>>
>>71932201
You never hear any positive stories on r9k. I wish we could get an autistic neet general on pol where people are actually trying to become a part of society
>>
>>71930980
I think it's pretty dumb to drop out, as it does bar you from getting some jobs. However, schooling in general is just fucking stupid and I don't blame anyone for getting bored to death from it and wanting out.
>>
went to community college(no degree). Had numerous graduates from higher colleges work under me. Not sure this system always works.
>>
>>71933144
I dropped out for the reasons you listed specifically, and got high honors in three subjects on my GED scores, went to uni for 1 1/2 years, got bored because of liberals, and now i'm a truck driver. You can move up later in life, it's ok to drop out and re-examine life.
>>
I dropped out when I was 17 because my online business was making 5k/mo and growing very fast.

I don't think I've ever met another high school dropout, only college dropouts.
>>
dropped out twice and went neet for 4 years total due to social anxiety and being immersed in escapism to not have to deal with the new people whom i couldn't really connect with.

decided to get off my arse about a year ago and have almost got my diploma now due to taking faster paced courses, which suit me much better.

i don't look down on drop outs unless they are proud of it or frown upon knowledge, but those people are really uncommon. most dropouts are either mentally troubled or have clear visions of becoming blue-collar workers
>>
>>71931038
Can confirm, I come from a family of high-school dropouts, mother ruined parenthood with her toxic behavior.

Got out of there as soon as I could, now in university studying meme degrees for profit.
>>
File: 1459264843958.jpg (20 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1459264843958.jpg
20 KB, 320x320
Dropped out, never got the chance to study, my life sucks now. I want to kill myself
>>
Just a quick survey. How many people here believe they might have un-diagnosed learning disabilities.
>>
I dropped out of school too, one of the best decisions I've ever made (it was a graduate school though).
>>
>>71932201
similar story
>barely passed high school
>had to retake a class
>just nade it into local uni
>had to retake a class in this dumb major
>decide to travel for a year all around the world
>go back to uni
>switch majors
> graduate top of class 4.0 gpa
>>
>>71933144
Lol nigga all i did in HS was get fucked up and get laid, left before i made it to 11th grade because i hated the people there, i know many like myself who basically said fuck HS and went straight to community college then off to uni or making money. HS is literally a meme now days, you don't need it for literally anything at all. You can quite literally make up a false diploma if you honestly needed it..
>>
>>71930980
How do you drop out of high school? I never studied once and got 70's in hs. I barely even went to class, just enough to get participation grades.
>>
>>71940628
Maybe. I don't think I'm alone in finding it easier to study at home, on my own terms, being able to take breaks when you want to and whatnot. It's almost impossible for me to focus during class.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.