[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THESIS: Metropolitan tech nerds socially, politically galvanized
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: cubicle nerd.jpg (100 KB, 1132x396) Image search: [Google]
cubicle nerd.jpg
100 KB, 1132x396
THESIS: Metropolitan tech nerds socially, politically galvanized by the film Fight Club compose our current milieu of male SJW journalists, tech-start-uppers.
>>
I don't think so.

I feel like nobody has actually seen the movie, and that everyone just pretends to have seen it to appear "hip"

Not even memeing.

>you see fightclub brah?
>YEH BRAH BEST MOVIE EVER BRAH~!
has never actually seen the movie, but keeps hearing other normies say how good it is

>how was the weekend brah?
>YEH BRAH BEST WEEKEND EVER BRAH~! FUCKED 17 SLOOTS AND GOT HAMMERED BREH
stayed in on the weekend watching netflix shows, watching youtube or twitch

t. 80% of males
>>
Up

>>71930732
Nerds identified more with Edward Norton than Brad Pitt
>>
>>71930449

Fight club is edgy leftist propaganda that will steer you into the wrong life path.
>>
>>71930449
Fuck the way the movie injected a woman into the story.

Also fuck the author saying he liked the change.
>>
>>71930449
Is fight club not considered a "dad movie"?

It is quite old now.

Why would 20 somethings even know or be influenced by it?
>>
>tech-start-uppers

50% of tech startups in the west are founded by immigrants who don't even watch white garbage
>>
>>71930732
Most of the people who have seen the movie still miss the point, even on here.
>>
>>71932878
what's the point?
>>
>>71933382

Same one uncle Ted made in his preamble to the bombings
>>
I'd be lying if I said I didn't think fight club was the most badass movie ever when I saw it at age 16-18. It speaks to the frustration of a lot of young men, but it's ultimately just more hollywood bullshit.
>>
>>71932249
It got me into martial arts Tbh
>>
>>71932600
OK Rajit that other 50% are white nerds.

Poo in loos are inspired by Bend It Like Beckham or some shit.
>>
>>71933382
That low-IQ, poor impulse control males believe the only way to live life to its fullest is to draw each others' blood, because they're stupid, wicked and understand nothing but lust, violence and greed.

Fight Club a shit.
>>
There was much of a point in Fight Club?

I just thought it was an entertaining movie with a cool twist. I don't think it is something to take serious life lessons from.
>>
>>71933579
>>71932878
This guy gets it
>Don't be a slave to consumerism
>Don't be a cuck
>Don't get degenerate on technology
>Start lifting, do a sport, fight, get /fit/
>Find likeminded people and form a tribe
>(optional) wait for when TSHTF

Might not even have bean the original idea behind it, but Fight Club is pretty Red Pill desu.

>We've all been raised on TV to believe we'll be millionaires and rockstars...
That's what millenials are, a group of special snowflakes whose feelings are too precious to be hurt by the real world
>>
>>71934254
>I don't think it is something to take serious life lessons from.
It isn't. But most men are idiots who think Bill Hicks and Joe Rogan are geniuses.

>>71934554
>Fight Club is pretty Red Pill
You spelled fucking retarded wrong.

>That's what millenials are, a group of special snowflakes whose feelings are too precious to be hurt by the real world
Obviously the real man thing to do is beat on each other like stupid grunting apes.
>>
>>71934917
Men who don't know how to fight are not men, they are slaves
>>
Why do people say that Fight Club is edgy? Are they just repeating things that they have read on the internet?
>>
>>71930449
Isn't fight club right-wing if not libertarian and capitalist thought? Isn't a critique of the generation raised by single mothers?
>>
>>71934103

you totally missed the point.
>>
>>71933382
That modern life is pointless and designed to please consumerist faggots who can't even stand and fight to defend themselves.
>>
I liked Fight Club until I realized it was written by

A SUICIDAL HOMOSEXUAL.
>>
>>71934917
It's about a bunch of men feeling completely detached from the increasingly feminized world, you know "a generation of men raised by women". The fighting is a metaphor you retard. Fight Club is redpilled as fuck. But what happened is that the message was so ridiculously on point that the real message of the writing was lost behind the Tyler Durden stuff, ironically mimicking the way people worship him in the film/book.
>>
>>71936427

So?

Are you fucking twelve Piotr?

Just because he is a fag doesn't mean you can't enjoy his books.
>>
>>71936738

1. Don't listen to the life advice of suicidal people.

2. Don't listen to homosexuals telling you that you do not need women, but should "wrestle" with men.
>>
>>71934917
>Obviously the real man thing to do is beat on each other like stupid grunting apes.
I didn't say or imply that. You can find whatever works that binds your goup together, a sport, craft, interest, whatever. >>71935333 has a poin though.
>>
>>71937014

oh, but before you knew, you liked it.

therefore, we know for a fact that you too are a suicidal homosexual.

stop denying what you are.
>>
>>71930449
not a thesis because you dont make a claim followed by supporting points but whatever

btw the only people who care about fight club are dumb boys online
>>
>>71937242
Abstract?
>>
>>71935454
Because it is edgy?
>>
>>71937242

People who have no narrative to follow in life.

Which says something about modernity. It lacks guidance.

At least religions tell you what to do with life.

This is one reason why Islam is popular: it actually give young social rejects a mission to accomplish and MEANING.
>>
>>71937614
Prove it
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.