[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your take on ads? Are you okay with the fact that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: google_ads_heavy.jpg (172 KB, 1616x907) Image search: [Google]
google_ads_heavy.jpg
172 KB, 1616x907
What's your take on ads? Are you okay with the fact that they drive monopolies like Google? How do you feel about their correlation with their underlying ecosystems (such as Facebook, YouTube and so on) and gathering of personal data?

Do you block them? If so, is it primarily out of principle, or out of convenience? How do you warrant the damage you do on content creators and site operators?
>>
>>71925935

They have destroyed my internet experience.
>>
File: abp.png (124 KB, 1012x487) Image search: [Google]
abp.png
124 KB, 1012x487
>>71925935
>>
i have never seen an advertisment on the internet, because i know how to install plugins.
>>
>>71927778
>>71928095
Well, no shit. But they still remain a thing modern economy largely depends on and multi-billion dollar corporations can easily exploit, and this is a problem.
>>
>>71925935
Wow, I didn't even noticed. I guess my brain filter them out because I got used seeing so many ads.
>>
They used to be manageable, but in recent years they've only gotten worse. This latest trend of "native advertising" is the fucking devil. They don't even mention their product sometimes; it's just "there's gonna be heavy snowfall this season, better make sure you have a trusty snowblower on hand." Then some poor idiot makes his way over to Home Depot and buys a John Deere snowblower, unaware that the ad was a joint project between Home Depot and John Deere.

It's fucking psyops telling you to buy fruitloops.
>>
>>71925935
I hate them, I won't buy from anyone who ruins my internet experience with ads, and certainly not if those companies are European but you have to play count the white person in them.
>>
>>71930148
It's a tax write off that's y there's so many.
>>
>>71930825
Is it them that ruin your internet experience though? They're completing on an environment enablers like Google provide. That essentially forces their hand to advertise and stay relevant.
>>
I don't really care about shit like banner ads, even though I'd rather they weren't there they're still easy to ignore.

But those aggressive redirection ads, the ones that open a new page on your phone, redirect you to some banal shit like "candy crush" in the app store, they can fuck off.

To be honest, I'm more annoyed by adverts elsewhere. TV, bus stops, billboards, et al. Particularly TV ads, it's like the Jews have thrust their way into my home to scream "buy my shit, goy!" at me.
>>
>>71925935

Holy shit, it's gotten that bad?

Haven't used a computer without ad-block for as long as I can remember

What a shitshow
>>
>>71927778

>still using abp in the current year

You feeling okay?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.