[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Toxoplasmosis Gondii
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9
>Affects 70% of the world's population
>Generates cysts in the brain. These cysts take over the fear center of the brain, but specifically the fear of predators.
>When Toxo is going about futzing with the fear center of the brain it also goes into the sexual excitement part of the brain.
>Takes control of our dopamine regulator to control our desires at the intercellular level
>government has done research on t. gondii and is officially 'interested' in toxo: (https://youtu.be/m3x3TMdkGdQ?t=960)
>After you're infected with T. gondii, the parasite forms cysts that can affect almost any organ but that most often affect your brain, skeleton and heart muscle.
>genetic engineering and selective adaptation technology could (or already has secretly) reach the point where we can create a stain of t. gondii to regulate different hormones, and possibly even infect the same animal twice under different adaptations that allow the control of even more of the brain, beyond hormones and sexual excitement

Why aren't we more worried about this?
>>
More facts about t. gondii:
>People with rage disorder twice as likely to have latent toxoplasmosis parasite infection
>https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/03/160323142328.htm

>Guided by Parasites: Toxoplasma Modified Humans (http://tobiastenney.com/2010/06/toxoplasma/
>http://tobiastenney.com/2010/06/toxoplasma/

>Protozoa Could Be Controlling Your Brain
>http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/fatal-attraction/

>Toxoplasma's Dark Side: The Link Between Parasite and Suicide
>http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/science-sushi/toxoplasmas-dark-side-the-link-between-parasite-and-suicide/

>Decreased level of psychobiological factor novelty seeking and lower intelligence in men latently infected with the protozoan parasite Toxoplasma gondii. Dopamine, a missing link between schizophrenia and toxoplasmosis?
>http://web.natur.cuni.cz/~flegr/pdf/flegr-cloninger2.pdf

Also note I've made threads about t. gondii many times in the past and EVERY TIME there's a group of American posters who outright dismiss this as mishegosh and ignore all the facts. EVERY SINGLE TIME. YIs our government researching this under the prose of 'first strike ability' and thus national defense? Maybe the Russians and Chinese are doing this too and it's all kept hush hush because it would break the fabric of modern society and the trust we inherently attach to authority.

You tell me /pol/. whats going on?
>>
>>71922955
isnt spread through cats? would explain the crazy cat ladies...
>>
>>71922855
How to get rid of it?
>>
>women love cats
>cats transmit Toxoplasmosis
>Toxoplasmosis causes repression of fear of predators
> as well as increasing sexual desires
>women dress and act like whores
>while protesting for more immigration from predatory races

Makes sense.
>>
>>71922955
I've read somewhere that it makes serial killers out of people or at the least makes them seek out thrill just for the sake of it. Is that true? Sorry, don't have the time to read all your sources.

Also, it can rewire a rat's brain into committing suicide straight into the jaws of the cat. HOW?
>>
>>71924926
>HOW?

Easy. It spreads sexually through cats so it's like any other parasite.

It's host is used for a time, until it comes to reproducing.

We are lucky cats are small and frail. We could be the rat.
>>
File: 1460247806778.jpg (189 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1460247806778.jpg
189 KB, 480x640
Bump.
>>
>>71922855
>>71926993
>>71926184

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp0h_qqBG-M
>>
So how do you know if you're infected?
>>
>>71922855
Its asymtomatic unless you have AIDS or through congenital infection so infections go unnoticed by the vast majority of the infected.
>>
>>71927363
Well if you are, or have been, you can test for antibodies ;)
>>
>>71927459
Asymptomatic doesn't mean it's not doing anything. It merely means it has no obvious affects on your health.
>>
File: 678.png (269 KB, 1862x1514) Image search: [Google]
678.png
269 KB, 1862x1514
>>
File: 1451581275144.png (289 KB, 1112x2893) Image search: [Google]
1451581275144.png
289 KB, 1112x2893
>>71927660
>>
>>71927567
>Asymptomatic doesn't mean it's not doing anything
No shit. However, one thing it always fails to do is let the infected person know they're a parasite hive.
>>
>>71927775
Whats your point?
>>
>>71927775
Also it's recently discovered it isn't asymptomatic. People who suffer from it report having tiny itches all over their body.
>>
what's the cure or shut up
>>
>>71928389
ask Martin Shkreli :')
>>
>>71927932
kek, nicely played, you devil you
>>
>>71927660
>Makes you taller
>Makes you more attractive
>Makes you more gregarious
>Makes you a natural thrill-seeker
>Gives you natural dopamine highs all the time

Failing to see the downsides here. I mean obviously having a parasite is kind of gross, but it reminds me a lot of the worms from that episode of Futurama. Also I guess it's no difference in principle than all the helpful bacteria that lives in your intestine.
>>
Fun fact: interest in toxoplasmosis and the conspiracies around it all stem from a Cracked article from 6/7 years ago.
>>
>>71922955

jew science
>>
>>71928737
>Failing to see the downsides here.
It's make you gay
>>
>>71928937
Thought it was Trainspotting 20 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp0h_qqBG-M
>>
>>71922955
I read that the negative symptoms result in weakened immune systems and most healthy people throw them off in due course..
>>
File: iu.jpg (73 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
iu.jpg
73 KB, 400x600
>>71928737
So I just have to eat my cat's feces and I get superpowers?

Sign me up!
>>
>owned cats all my life
>6'2" and moderately attractive
>not much scares me, also a bit of a thrillseeker
>usually very happy all the time without any stimulants or drugs, can crack a genuine smile at any time
Can confirm.
>>
File: 1456006068058.jpg (90 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1456006068058.jpg
90 KB, 480x480
Bump
>>
>>71927660

>Makes you tall and attractive

Well, at least I know I don't have it
>>
>>71922855
Doesn't one's immune system kill it though? It's not a chronic infection AFAIK.
>>
>>71934113
It only suppresses it which forces the virus to go into a cyst like state as you see in the OP picture. That's the ocyst in a mouse's brain which has thousands of little t. gondii inside being protected from antibodies.
>>
>>71933452
inb4 manlets start eating cat shit
>>
>>71934284

>virus

I hope that was an accident.

I'm 100% certain I have t. gondii, probably explains my rage.
>>
>>71934284
How can it have an effect if it's isolated like that though?
>>
>>71934807
Yes it was an accident.
>>
>>71935041
They are numbered in the millions all over your body.
>>
>>71922855
>genetic engineering and selective adaptation technology could (or already has secretly) reach the point where we can create a stain of t. gondii to regulate different hormones, and possibly even infect the same animal twice under different adaptations that allow the control of even more of the brain, beyond hormones and sexual excitement

scientists don't know enough about protein structure to engineer a virus with unique physiological properties like that, nii-san

this is just anti-cat propaganda, saged & hidden
>>
>>71935685
I never said they do.
>>
>>71927660
This sucks. I think cats are quite cute but if I'm infested with this.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.