[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this a """controversial"""
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: colonisation.png (227 KB, 500x442) Image search: [Google]
colonisation.png
227 KB, 500x442
Why is this a """controversial""" opinion
>>
>>71922184
Flora and fauna
>>
Because it conflicts with the narrative that africa and south america are shitholes because of colonization rather than in spite of it.
>>
File: Leave .jpg (1 MB, 1000x1876) Image search: [Google]
Leave .jpg
1 MB, 1000x1876
>>71922184

Its not, I thought it was essentially accepted knowledge.
Most SJW/Liberals here in the UK that I have known don't actively disrespect the old British Empire since its pro's completely outweigh its Cons.

One did, once, on facebook, it didn't go down well at all.
>>
File: meh.ro10262.png (98 KB, 601x689) Image search: [Google]
meh.ro10262.png
98 KB, 601x689
>>
>>71922184
blacks feel terrible about it so they project their insecurities on to white people who then feel sorry for them, blacks smell weakness and push harder

positive feedback loop
>>
>>71922184
How the hell did Britian help India?
The took all their wealth and that's not debatable. India went from having a 10% of the world wealth to only 1% after Britian was done.
>>
>>71922184
Because people need war. If we dont have some from time to time, we will go nuts. For example thinking that abos should have the same rights like humans.
>>
>>71922626

>India went from having a 10% of the world wealth to only 1% after Britian was done.

It's almost like other parts of the world got much richer much faster during the period of british rule in india.
>>
>>71922626
wealth they were doing what with exactly?
>>
Its dumb.

Colonizers didnt build that shit for the benefit of the random fucks who lived there. They built that stuff for themselves, usually keeping the natives in only the most basic, lowclass jobs. Its only recently that nonwhites hold any positions of power in colonized countries (usually)

Why would a colonizer spend millions on resources and conquering just for the benefit of another group? Makes no sense
>>
>>71922626
India went from having 10% of the world wealth to only 1% because factories became a thing during colonization time

Before factories, having a billion people than everyone else like india and china means your ability to produce wealth is higher because everything has to be done by individuals

With factories this was no longer the case.

If you ~really~ feel like it you could blame colonization on the fact that india didn't get any factories, but thats not what you're implying.

Correlation =/= causation
>>
>>71922184

Trying to justify your current cuck situation?
>>
>>71922626
>How the hell did Britian help India?

They didnt
India was a technological superpower but then the British invaded and banned toilets/cemeteries
>>
>>71922837
>For example thinking that abos should have the same rights like humans.

I agree with you germanbro, but here's the problem. We can interbreed. So what about a half-abo half-human? What rights do they get?

Really it's a fucking tragedy that humans can breed with blacks in general. If that were not true, i am pretty confident we could deal with them properly. Ah well, let it burn.
>>
>>71922884

Of course they kept the best shit for themselves. But the fact is that ANY access to infrastructure was a dramatic improvement in quality of life for the natives. Clean water, sanitation, roads, even rudimentary medical care. They had NOTHING before. Certainly nothing as stable as the "most basic, lowclass jobs" you complain about.
>>
>>71922884
the side effects of a ruling elite on the surrounding country are demonstrable though.
Look at haiti.
We literally built their country for them. For no other reason than we were nice guys who wanted to help out our neighbors. Then they said gtfo and it went to complete shit and stayed there for 100 years....
Until they had an earth quake and started bitching for help.
>>
>>71923171

>They had nothing
They had their own way of doing things, they didn't need us and we didn't need them

But no, you just couldn't help yourself, now look at us our nations are falling apart because you couldn't stay out.

Enjoy your decline
>>
>>71922884
No one does things for other people.
I don't start a bakery to provide bread to the community, providing bread to the community is a consequence of me wanting money to buy myself better food.
The fruits of capitalism aren't the intentions of the individuals, they are an emergent phenomena from the collective individualistic behaviours.
>>
>>71923390
The British colonialists didn't alter the way the other people did things, everything was built around the structures that were already there. You've no idea what you're talking about.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.