[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just a reminder that trump supports mass surveilence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 2
Just a reminder that trump supports mass surveilence
>>
The NSA did nothing wrong and are our nation's best defense against crime if we let our forces to use the information generated.
>>
Trump wants to keep Americans safe. You can't have your cake and eat it too, randlet.
>>
I FEEL BERN NOW
>>
>>71915422
If it is directed at the proper people, such as Communists, Muslims, and Leftists I see no problem with it. Its not ideal but someone smarter than I must make the decision.
>>
The NSA is a tool that needs politicians to keep it firmly pointed outward.

Also, Snowden was a CIA plant to sow distrust of the NSA, because the latter sided with the DoD and opposed the former and the White House on Libya and Syria.
>>
Just a reminder that mass surveillance gas literally never stopped a terrorist attack before.
>>
>>71915619
>>71915665
So you're okay with the government (Remember 9/11, watergate, Iraq war?) storing all your personal information?
>>
>>71916121
Yes. Why aren't you? Do you have something to hide?

Oh and whatever "conspiracies" or "scandals" you believe in aren't the doing of the government but instead people who abused the powers of the government and were castigated soon thereafter because the government cares about us and protects us.
>>
Mass surveillance works

Fuck off hippies
>>
Mass surveillance is a necessary evil
>>
>>71915422

Trump has shown more in-group loyalty to the American people than any of the clowns in power now. I trust him with that power a hell of a lot more than I do the HNIC.
>>
I'm glad that nearly everyone in this thread supports government security efforts. This is the true redpill.
>>
>>71916819
This
>>
>>71915422
God Bless the NSA, I hope they find every degenerate faggot on earth. If you're against them you're either a muslim or a pedophile.
>>
>>71915422
The NSA went a tad overboard, and there seems to be a long standing issue with agencies (and countries) ignoring the advice of eachother.

If done properly, mass surveillance is a good tool to stop actual terrorists. At the moment all it really does is pick out plots that get promptly ignored to leave time to bring in more refugees.
>>
>>71917252
It is being used properly and you can't go "overboard" on security and taking out terrorist mudslimes.
>>
>>71916576
Are you being sarcastic or something?
>>
>>71916819
no it's not. The real criminals are going to easily bypass the government's surveillance through things like TOR and the innocent citizens will have their privacy rights taken away from them.

Admit it, you're only defending mass surveillance because you bend down to Trump. If he was against it then you'd be too.
>>
>>71917385
Are you anti-security or pro-Islam or something?
>>
>>71917319
>It is being used properly
The NSA has had almost complete information on every major terrorist attack in the past 8 years.

Yes, even overseas ones.

The NSA was quite literally prodding the French government to deploy the army into Paris 2 days before the terror attacks there, and the exact same happened in Brussels.

The problem isn't mass surveillance, the problem is nobody actually giving enough of a shit to use it properly.

>>71917399
>Tor
>Actually working
The moment Tor traffic gets detected going through your connection you are INSTANTLY on a fucking list, and they can find out who you are and what you're doing very easily.
>>
>>71916576
Ultimate kek
>>
>>71917399
Good for Trump if he is in favor of mass surveillance, but I didn't need his thoughts on this topic to have my own opinion
>>
>>71917482
Being on the list means nothing if another 1 million people are on it.
>>
>>71915422
Daily reminder that even if he didn't the alphabet soup agencies would do it anyways.
>>
I see nothing wrong with the soon to be President caring about the safety of all. Mass surveilence is for our own good and only a paranoid gun toting republican nut job would think otherwise.
>>
>>71916711
Cite one instance where mass surveillance made America safer
>>
>>71917436
I'm not pro-Islam. Nor am I anti-security. I'm pro-privacy. The point is not I don't have anything to hide from the state, but rather that I shouldn't have anything to hide from the state. I'm not a criminal therefore my government shouldn't treat me like one. Mass surveillance assumes that everyone should be watched, and therefore is a danger. A paranoid state makes irrational decisions.

I'm not against intelligence services, just mass surveillance. Policies such as proper border controls with background checks, rigorous visa and citizenship requirements, limiting resources to the sources of problems (e.g. mosques) remove incentives for low skilled migrants to come to weed out possible agitators, promoting a strong national identity based on history and culture to create a more homogeneous, enfranchising society: all of this is effective at increasing security without removing the freedoms of enterprise and privacy.
>>
>>71918034
Trump is republican.
>>
>>71917808
>another 1 million people
M8, getting put on that list will straight up elevate you to "Possibly is a criminal, terrorist or spy" levels unless you already have military clearances.
>>
>>71918196
(e.g. mosques) ,* remove...
>>
>>71915422
>Just a reminder that trump supports mass surveilence
If it's to seek out and destroy the leftist subversives (HUAC 2.0), then it's a good thing.
>>
>>71916093
here in Australia there was a few terrorist attacks stopped through Internet surveillance
>>
>>71918034
Dems are usually the ones that are anti-NSA actually
>>
>>71918275
Even if what you're saying is true(highly unlikely) then over 1 million people are on that list. They have no resources to monitor that amount of people. A terrorist can commit the crime even before they try to investigate him.
>>
>>71917399
>the tor maymay

tor is hardly secure or safe
>>
>>71918479
>They have no resources to monitor that amount of people. A terrorist can commit the crime even before they try to investigate him.
They do senpai. They perfected automated ELINT gathering and sorting programs around 2006, and multiple programs with hundreds of people involved have completely left the face of the earth.

The latest document I was able to get my hands on was a 2009 NetStar-1 document entailing automated self directed learning technologies with highly optimized database skimming.
>>
>>71918614
How come the government can't arrest the pedos and close down all the markets on it then?
>>
>>71915422
He supports things that actually work, mass surveillance is expensive and doesn't work so I'm sure he'll come round.

>>71918403
Through mass internet surveillance or through targeted surveillance? There's a difference. All the supposed preventions due to surveillance in the UK have been targeted after real life police officers found real life evidence.
>>
>>71918801
There's a difference between skimming traffic and using known vulnerabilities and tearing the entire network apart, fuckwit.
>>
Yeah, so? Poltards would love a totalitarian dictatorship.
>>
>>71918801
anything thats easy to find on tor is just a honeypot
>>
>>71918734
Now you're just speaking out of your ass

>>71918885
>tor is not secure of safe
>not tearing the entire network apart.
If tor was not secure or safe, the network would be torn apart.

How about you actually use your brain if you have one.
>>
>>71919101
Now you're just being naive.
>>
>>71918838
remember that scene in se7ev where they get the books from the fbi records? mass surveilance gives enforcement a clue where to look in the first place, and then wow look what we found we need a warrant
>>
>>71919198
>Now you're just speaking out of your ass
kek, look up NetStar-1 and tell me what you think, faggot. (Hint: It's a company.)

>If tor was not secure or safe, the network would be torn apart.
[ahem]
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/researchers-unveiled-a-new-serious-vulnerability-in-tor
>>
>>71919318
That might be what happens in films but it isn't what's happened in reality.
I think you have a very poor understanding of how the internet works and what information you can actually get from mass surveillance.
>>
>>71919540
can you think of a way mass surveilance could have prevented 9-11, given one of the hijackers was arrested prior to the event?
>>
>>71919339
>kek, look up NetStar-1 and tell me what you think, faggot. (Hint: It's a company.)
U.S consulting firm... What am I supposed to look for?

>[ahem]
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/researchers-unveiled-a-new-serious-vulnerability-in-tor
article from mid 2015, 88% accuracy so it could not be used in the real world. Is vice really trusted news source?
>>
>>71916711
>>71916819
Retards
>>
>>71919339
Confirmed for not knowing how tor or the internet works.
>>
>>71919737
>given one of the hijackers was arrested prior to the event?
In which case it wouldn't be mass surveillance, it would be targeted.
>>
>>71916819
Or what? Is the world gonna end because some shit skins blew up a car bomb or shot up a nightclub? Fuck that I'll take my chances and not be monitored in your 1984 wet dream.
>>
>>71916819
It worked well in preventing your airport being bombed.
>>
>>71919864
well I can think of a way
they back trace all this guys communication, they go through all his linked accounts, they go through any account he talked to, the scan everything for keywords, etc.
>>
>>71920148
None of that is mass surveillance. It's asking twitter to cough up data.
>>
>>71920622
how do you define it then?
>>
>>71920898
Surveillance of more than a handful of people, specifically surveillance of people who have no reason to be suspected of any wrongdoing.
>>
Anyone who supports warrantless surveillance is an enemy of liberty. I cannot wait until a hyper left anti-white government is in place and this apparatus is used against dissenters.
>>
>>71915422
this board is mass surveillance. you kangaroo faggot. i mean agent kangaroo.
>>
>>71918326
>A
>FAGGOT
>BONG
just as bad as a leaf. or a kangaroojew
>>
>>71921222
but we are all guilty of something
>>
File: cuckworth.jpg (419 KB, 1200x1000) Image search: [Google]
cuckworth.jpg
419 KB, 1200x1000
>>71915422
cuck BOMB cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck WHITE cuck cuck cuck HOUSE cuck cuck OSAMA cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck OBAMA cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck AIRPORT cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck
>>
>>71918196
Literally the only smart post in this whole thread, thank you britbro
>>
>>71915422
let's use mass surveillance on Jews on Muslims only MAGA, they are the only real true threats
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.