[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does my country allow most of its engineering and tech jobs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (70 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
image.png
70 KB, 2000x1333
Why does my country allow most of its engineering and tech jobs to be stolen by people who don't even know how to use a toilet? I can't wait until Trump brings back our jobs and kicks out all the illegals
>>
>>71905847

Why do people in my country think that because they were born here they deserve a job first without earning it?
>>
هاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاها
*laughs in English*
>>
>>71906136
>t. Pajeet

You have to go back
>>
>>71906233

>muh. jerbs

you have to go back to school
>>
>>71905847
Is that really there flag? Why is the a spinning loom on it?
>>
File: Cool KAI.jpg (44 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Cool KAI.jpg
44 KB, 720x480
>>71905847
Globalism you underage kid
>>
>>71906384
A
>>
>>71906413

FUCKING
>>
>>71906435

WAGON
>>
>>71906308
But I already am in school. Please tell me you at least use a toilet now that one is provided to you?
>>
File: feels good.gif (1016 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
feels good.gif
1016 KB, 500x375
>>71906508
KEK.
listen fatty boy, there are no toilets here.
Not a Single Fucking Toiler.
>>
>>71906508

If you are in school earning a valuable skillset, you are ahead of most Americans and you'll be fine.

Tech jobs are going to Indians and Asians because they have skills Americans seem allergic to learning, even if those same Indians and Asians tend to be worse at them than the few Americans who do acquire those skills.

The country and the government don't exist to provide you with a job and an income, that's nigger logic. You should succeed or fail on your own merits.
>>
Do you work in IT?

Honestly nowadays the idea of a "stable" job in IT has gone out the window. Even the most senior and highest performing people in my organization are under threat.

Instead, you have to transfer to another line of work where there are less Pajeets. If your job is looked at as a "commodity" job, then you have to get out of it and find one where there won't be.

Like I'm working as a DBA right now and the Pajeets are coming, but we have a rising data analytics department where there are few Pajeets, so I plan on moving there.
>>
File: 1460219977333.gif (2 MB, 200x228) Image search: [Google]
1460219977333.gif
2 MB, 200x228
>>71906836

ATTENTION CHILDREN

do not go to school to learn programming unless you are an extremely rare talent with system architecture (you aren't).

Instead, get a degree in learning how to manage nerds and their projects.

Better yet, go outside and leaves computers behind altogether. This only works if you don't have autism.
>>
File: indian.jpg (1 MB, 2880x1920) Image search: [Google]
indian.jpg
1 MB, 2880x1920
>>71905847
>>
>>71907544
It really depends on the company. Some outsource more than others. The H1B abuse is real though.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 266x190) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 266x190
At my company we've hired so many H1Bs we had to designate a big patch of ground off to the side of the smoking area where they're allowed to shit.

It sucks when you're out back having a cig and one of them suddenly decides to walk over a take a dump.
>>
>>71907726

The point is to be the leader, not the worker

If you are in a position where siddhartha is replacing your peers, you only have yourself to blame tbphwy
>>
>>71908014
I agree. Management is a safe bet.

But it's really the direction the organization takes that determines everything. You can be an excellent worker and still be looked at as a commodity in your current position, because management thinks that position is expendable and Pajeet can do it.

Which is why you learn new skills that Pajeet doesn't have and transfer to another area or just leave altogether.
>>
>>71905847
A based pajeet even 'stole' your Trump General job from you.
Like trump said, Ahead of schedule and under budget!
kekekkekekekekekekekekeke.
>>
>There is actually no shortage in STEM degrees among US citizens. I know plenty of recent engineering graduates having problems holding a steady job. Same with science fields like biology.

Companies import Pajeets because:

1. They work for less pay than US citizens.

2. They can't quit and get another job unless they have a green card, which their boss won't give them.

3. If you fire them they have to go back to their home country.

4. They won't (or in many cases can't) sue you.

5. Most educated Indians speak English reasonably well so there is no language barrier. Can't say that about Chinks for example.

6. They can't think more creatively despite being more educated than Americans so they won't innovate. They're just drones.

7. Being in America is the ultimate status symbol for them. So even if you treat them like shit they are treated like royalty in their home country.

8. They are raised from birth to blindly follow orders so they'll do whatever you want.

9. STEM degrees are pretty universal. So for example, multivariable calculus is taught the same way in every country and language so you have a similar skillset.

10. They integrate better with the Hollywood version of western culture and believe more in the "American dream" than other immigrants.

These imported workers are the best of the best in their home countries. In terms of education and work quality they are slightly above average Americans.
>>
Most of the jobs taken by Indians are legally under H1-B visas. Trump plans to greatly increase the minimum pay level for H1-B talent, which will generally eliminate incentive to use them.
>>
>>71906705
>Tech jobs are going to Indians and Asians because they have skills Americans seem allergic to learning, even if those same Indians and Asians tend to be worse at them than the few Americans who do acquire those skills.
that's just wrong

http://www.infoworld.com/article/3004501/h1b/proof-that-h-1b-visa-abuse-is-rampant-in-tech.html
> The H-1B program's regulations recognize that it could be used unfairly. Thus, it contains the so-called dependent clause, which covers companies whose H-1B workers comprise 15 percent or more of the employer's total U.S. workforce. Among other provisions, those rules state that covered companies or their contractors may not displace U.S. workers and must make a "good faith” effort to find suitable domestic employees before hiring an H-1B visa holder to do the job.
>However, if a company pays a worker $60,000 or more, those rules do not apply. That, says Hira, is why so many outsourcers pay salaries that are very close to the threshold. Indeed, Infosys pays more than 600 of its workers exactly $60,000 a year, and Wipro pays that amount to 500 of its workers, he found when he analyzed the data. It's hardly a coincidence.
companies get an indentured servant for $60,000 a year for a job they would have to pay an American $100,000 or more for (plus benefits).
>>
I work pretty closely with my US counterparts and I have huge respect towards them for their knowledge and work ethics, the Indians I work with do not want to go the extra mile no work ethics or professionalism.

But the type of jobs that do get outsourced are the ones that do not require very high skillset and those which do not have a steep learning curve.
>>
File: 12313315.jpg (69 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
12313315.jpg
69 KB, 501x585
>>71905847
"I can't wait until Trump brings back our jobs and kicks out all the illegals"
>Yes goy, the presidency matters. Voting has always worked. Put all your faith into this politician. Hope and change, goy. Hope and change.
>>
>>71905847
Does the U.S. "lose" a lot of engineering jobs to India?

Certainly I can see lower-level tech jobs like IT being snatched, along with basic programming jobs and other tech jobs.

But engineers? I find that difficult to believe.
>>
Well that makes you worse than a streetshitter

#burn
>>
>>71905847
because it makes someone more money, someone who has the power to send those jobs there
>>
>>71905847
On one hand, Indians are STEM wizards. On the other, your McEducationalSystem sucks cocks.

Trump will only hire more indians simply because at the actual state of things, they're terrific stems and put yours in shame. Also, they ask a little less salary because thet're not entitled assholes as we westerners usually are
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.