[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does human life have value?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
Does human life have value?
>>
A varrying sum depending on who you ask.
>>
>>71905462
Only when it's:
* White
* IQ > 92
>>
>>71905462
only if it's white asian or askenazi
>>
>>71905462
>he's a utilitarian
LMAO kys
>>
If that baby's parents weren't able/willing to support it, wouldn't the ethical thing be to kill it humanely? Why create an 18 year burden that would be more likely to become a burden to society? Fourth trimester abortions imo.
>>
From a purely biological standpoint? No. Human life has no value unless and until it passes on its genetics to another generation. Of course we've minimized the effect of natural selection on our species, so you could argue that life today has even less value
>>
>>71905532
>">"
>>
>>71905616

Morals.

It's only a burden to the parents, not to society.
>>
>>71905462
not until a point
>>71905695
>"Morals."
theres that word again
"muh feels"
>>
>>71905462
Some more than others
>>
>>71905462

Does anything have value?
>>
>>71905636
I would disagree on the stand point that by living and being born you contribute to the success of your specie's over some other specie's. Also by living and working together you impact society as much as it impacts you.
>>
>>71905695
That's objectively wrong though. Parents, particularly mothers, who don't want their children are more abusive, and create criminals at a higher rate than the population as a whole. What do you think happens to the babies the parents would rather dispose of? Especially when you factor in government benefits and the like. This is why abortion should be encouraged especially among the lower class, as one way (out of a hopeful many) to combat the welfare state.
>>
>>71905616

Just put it up for adoption.
>>
How much do you value someone else's life? Consider that as soon as you die, the world will turn blank. The universe getting destroyed has about as much impact as you dying.
>>
I'd say that if you'd rather exist and be alive than dead and not exist, then you should value life.

If your life is valuable what makes you think other human lIves arent?
>>
Yes, when you put them to work for minimum wage.
>>
>>71905616

If a person's government aren't able/willing to protect it, wouldn't the ethical thing be to kill it humanely? Why create a 60+ year burden that would be more likely to become a burden to society? Legalize murder IMO.
>>
>>71905462
Does value even exist without human life?
>>
is the life of a black man valuable /pol/?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (59 KB, 401x600) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
59 KB, 401x600
>>71906475

Is the life of a San Pedro Sula resident valuable?

Apparently not since it has the second highest murders per capita rate in the world.
>>
>>71905462

Nothing has value, only the value you place on it.
>>
>>71905964
Value is a realized concepts. If you work for a company and create and bring the most value to the company and it's customers, i.e " bringing something to the table," but they decide to sell insurance or cereal instead you no longer have any. Even if you suck your boss's dick all day and save his marriage by making him happy and bringing out his inner gay, so long as it creates more than it destroys you a value. Think of value as synergy, the sum of the parts are greater than the whole.
>>
>>71905462

DAWWWWWWWWWWWWW LOOK AT THAT BABY
>>
>>71906693
life means shit here, being alive is a blessing
>>
>>71905462

Its basically free, so technically no.
The only value a baby can have is the extra materials the mother has used to sustain her pregnancy to the point of the baby being born.
>>
>>71907029
A white baby will fetch a fair price in a Western company.
>>
>>71905462
>>71907029

You could also argue for the expected value of that child given its family, position in life and how much others of a similar position have earned and contributed to the state throughout their life.
But you would need to deduct all the fees such as education/food/health care

The you'll eventually come to a total of some form as to how much money a single human of said Race and Class gives to the government.

Then that would be the potential value of that life, roughly.
>>
>>71906864
AYY CUNT, BETTAH PUTTY DE BABY ON DE BARBY INIT

AAYYYLMAO POPPIN' SUM FOSTERS TNIGHT AREN'T WE!? AYYYY CUNT
>>
>>71905462
Interesting question.
I think a human life gets value by interaction with its surroundings.
In a vaccuum a human life has no value.
If you put a single man on an isolated island he does not have any value. Not in the classical sense I mean, he still is part of the ecosystem and has value as an biological entity, just like an animal or a tree, but not as a member of a society has.
If he is part of an society he gains value, because if you deny him having a value the whole framework of society would collapse due to arbitrary definitions of who would have value in it.
A hobo without any relatives has as much value to an society as the man on an island.
Now that would be an extreme case in which someone could interact with his surroundings, but doesn't.
The other extreme would be fetuses. They can't interact with its enviroment in the first place. They can be interacted with, via ultrasound etc. but if you would pull them out of the womb they would die before interacting with someone
>>
>>71905462
To humans, yes.

It's an entirely subjective question, all human life holds equal value but each individual life is not of the same value, as not all humans can or do have equal resources or knowledge.

Animal life holds whatever value we can make of them. i.e. elephants are valuable for their tusks, cows for their meat ect. To animals our lives hold no value unless we're dinner or carers.
>>
>>71905616
No you stupid fuck. If the baby's parents couldn't support it then they shouldn't have it, if you're too lazy to use protection you suffer the consequences. Rape is the only valid excuse there, adoption is always an option, abortion is always murder and should only happen when the mother's life is threatened by the birth.
>inb4 hurr durr is just cells senpai chill
>>
>>71908795
I see your argument, and can concede no fourth or third trimester abortions. Other than that, it's too much of a financial and moral obligation so they'll have to be allowed.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.