[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does Canada feel about Quebec? Weren't they seceding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: image:26114.png (35 KB, 250x212) Image search: [Google]
image:26114.png
35 KB, 250x212
How does Canada feel about Quebec? Weren't they seceding or something?
>>
>>71895337
They won't let us.
>>
Fuck Quebec
>>
>>71895398
Why though
>>
>>71895337
Yeah considering they are leaches off the West of Canada I'd love to see them go. But I much rather see B.C, Alberta, and Saskatchewan become it's own nations. It would be legit one of the most economically viable nations.
>>
>>71895488

They are elitist as fuck
They get special treatment from the government
They are french
They are always trying to secede but still retain all the positives of being within this country
They think the country revolves around them
>>
>>71895337

They are the grenouilles who mange our pamplemousse. We'd be better off without them.
>>
>>71895515
Quebec has the 2nd largest GDP in Canada. If they left, would the rest be affected in anyway? What would be the outcome if a Civil War occured?
>>
>>71895337
Hate the french frogs. Should have packed their shit up and swapped them with the newfies to get them the fuck away from the rest of us.
>>
>>71895590
>they think the country revolves around them.
They are pretty centered in perspective of where most settle.
>>
>>71895648
Canacucks would get buttblasted in a civil war.
>>
File: image:26115.jpg (46 KB, 657x435) Image search: [Google]
image:26115.jpg
46 KB, 657x435
>>71895722
Of course excluding the western portion.
>>
>>71895776
Canacucks? The rest of canada or the french frogs
>>
>>71895337
No they want to leech off our dollar and economy. Many of them act like they want to leave but they would be devastated if they actually did. They are the Scotland of Canada
>>
>>71895648
In reality, a civil war of quebec vs the rest of the country would have them buttblasted. Assuming its a separatist movement, we could say ~60% of quebec at max would support it (less then half actual voted for separation), So that would be 4 million versus 31 million. Plus theyre landlocked by canadian provinces.

The only civil war that could potentially ever work out would be a west (BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba) versus east war. Even then, the west would be at a major disadvantage.
>>
>>71895909
Canacuks = Canadians
French frogs = Quebecois
Beside Montreal, Quebec is as anti-degeneracy as some Slavic countries; it is not rare to have pro-genocide discussions around here and people are quite open to it, hence why we aren't cucked like Canacucks.
>>
>>71895648
They've already surrendered Quebec City to the Anglos before and they would do it again. They are still frogs after all and they don't even have a population advantage like the ones in Europe, would be a real quick war.
>>
>>71895648
Yeah their government would instantly become Greece 2.0. Without the Fed's backing them up there is no reason to lend the fuckers a dime. They already have a massive deficit, if they lost the 10 billion a year from the west and they lost the backing of the Fed's they would be royally fucked.
>>
>>71896012
Im asuming you meant the east will be disadvantaged. So they are pretty much our Texas.
>Many texans are patriotic about their state
>have a decent portion of their countries economy
>threatens to secede the most out of other states
>>
>>71895930
Forty keks
>>
>>71896027
They don't seem THAT bad.

Any experiences meeting people from Quebec?
>>
>>71895930
In 1995, last referendum, more than 60% french canadians voted "yes". They wanted a country and it was robbed away from them by the canadian gov't bringing in foreigners to vote, generally making people who aren't citizens in the province vote, so they could carry out their agenda. Hell, they even made dead people vote. It's all documented.

And they lost by like .8%.. They didn't want to be leechers as you put it.
>>
>>71896167

Nah, in terms of raw population the west has about half the population that the east does. The military itself is mostly concentrated in the east. Ontario's GDP alone is larger then BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and the Northern Territories combined, and Quebec is also the second largest GDP. The only way I could see it work out at all is if BC and Alberta seceded together, exported their oil and raw materials through the west coast and avoided any all out war.
>>
>>71896316
Would the country have been better off?
>>
>>71896484
What is my country entitled to do
>>
>>71896588
I'm pretty sure America would likely support the East if any sort of war ever happened. They would prefer to see Canada together instead of fractured, and the capitol and power centres are mostly located in Ontario anyhow.

A west vs east war is incredibly unlikely of course. The only province that would even consider that is Alberta and potentially Saskatchewan, and it is probably a lower chance of happening then a Texas seccession.
>>
File: image:26116.png (258 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
image:26116.png
258 KB, 720x1280
How is this even a province lol
>>
>>71896815
Makes sense, general consensus is fuck you quebec
>>
>>71896910

Prince Edward Island area is 5660 sq km

Rhode Island area is 3140 square km
>>
>>71896999
Kek
>>
>>71896999
Fair enough, it just feels out of proportion, all other provinces are fairly large. Our states have more variety in size though not that that matters, so RI doesnt stand out that much.
>>
I got taught in school a lot of us settled there in the 1800s
>>
>>71896285
I am from there and I have no troubles hiding my power level. I am openly racist and I've never had any opposition to destroying Islam.

I was once kidding with a stranger I had just met about how to holocaust was a big hoax, he just slip into the conversation he'd like a real one for muslims.

Whenever there's a new terror attack, it is not rare to hear whites say stuff such as: "When are we going to fuck them up?"

Honestly, the liberal vibe coming out of Quebec, and its bad economy goes down to the national issue which controls the whole political debate here. Nationalists have a divided vote, thus it allows the most corrupt/liberal/cultural marxism/jewish puppet party to get elected over and over.

Mostly immigrants and Canacucks vote for them and their policy revolves around more immigrants (more votes for them) and shitting on Quebec.
>>
>>71897360
>insert bugs bunny sawing the east of canada off
>>
>>71895488
Imagine if you had a hyper liberal yet somehow ineffectively xenophobic state run by the mafia that requires massive transfer payments to avoid becoming the Greece of North America.

Also, their french is basically unintelligible to any other francophone nation.
>>
>>71897194
Can you explain to a foreign fag why is Rhode Island a state? Because it evens the stars out, or why?
>>
>>71895648
They're currently #3 for GDP by a small margin.

GDP is more a measure of how much money moves in the province. With 8 million people, over twice the population of Alberta, they have an economy roughly the same size. Keep in mind the transfer payments from Alberta drain ~$6000 per person from the Albertan economy and Quebec gets roughly $1000 per person in transfer payments alone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canadian_provinces_and_territories_by_gross_domestic_product
>>
>>71895590
Sounds like the Hungarians in Transylvania
>>
>>71897539
It was one of the original 13th colonies. Size was not really of concern until after the American Revolution and all our states wanted to start claiming shit. Why is it even a state? I dunno. Maybe because Rhode Islanders are pretty proud of themselves for whatever reason I can cross their state in like 30 minutes. Probably historical purposes. Most likely the 50 state thing
>>
>>71896484
Quebec's GDP is the same size as Alberta's and that's with them having twice the population and transfer payments

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canadian_provinces_and_territories_by_gross_domestic_product
>>
>>71897901
Is that why they are refered to as "leeches?"
>>
>>71897531
If it helps, I know a smart guy who can build you guys a wall
>>
>>71896316
They want to keep using our currency and have a seat on the bank of Canada,
They have no right to leave anyway, we won this land in 1760 and we allowed the French to stay.
>>
To all the anglos hating on quebec, you should have left it to france. Your problem now.
>>
>>71896999
And it's actually an island
>>
>>71898394
Kek
>>
>>71895590
>always trying to secede
>last referendum was in 95
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.