[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Western Canon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: western canon.png (101 KB, 220x331) Image search: [Google]
western canon.png
101 KB, 220x331
We need to feel attached to western culture and literature like Jews feel to their torah and talmud. We need to have a canon of books that are ours and that identify us. They must be "our" books as the talmud is the Jews' book. Now, we already have such a list of books, however the most recent incarnation of this concept (the western canon) has been monopolized by a Jew.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Western_Canon:_The_Books_and_School_of_the_Ages

>2016
>allowing Jews to define the canon of great European literature
>not knowing your people's literature and history that much
Top shamekek bros
>>
>>71888904
Many of the great books of western civilization were written by Jews, so I see no problem with this.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_canon

This is the original concept, the canon of great books of our culture that European young men have read as part of their education for centuries.

The Illiad and Odyssey, Dante's Inferno, the Aeneid, the Anabasis (escape from Persia basically a thriller novel), Shakespeare, Plutatch etc etc etc.

These books form the backbone of what it is to be European. Why don't we get more deeply into them? We can find wisdom there.
>>
>>71889072
Only if you're talking about the Hebrew Bible, which was only adopted and never really an authentically native part of western culture.

Later writers like Kafka barely count. Face it, Jews have played little part in the actual western part of the western canon.
>>
>>71889072
Also Borges is African American
>>
>>71889570
uh no, he was a Spanish Argentinian
>>
File: basednig.jpg (20 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
basednig.jpg
20 KB, 200x200
>>71889626
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorge_Luis_Borges
BTFO
>>
Bumping. Here's a video lecture series on European history. Watch it while you play vidya you degenerate slobs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTUcj7ct3Vo
>>
>>71890356
my fav series

know where to find the whole thing for free, anon?
>>
>>71888904
Bloom is mainly a hack. The western canon is a sub-par book. I've read it, and I've listened to him.

Its not that great. Of course the books are good, but his reasoning is weak and spurious.
>>
>>71890926
Agreed. Also he's obsessed with "muh gnostic Rabbinic Hebrew DNA"
>>
>>71891012
bump
>>
>>71891621
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.