[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Caucasus peoples, specifically Georgians and Armenians, white?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: caucasus-mountains-04.jpg (43 KB, 400x279) Image search: [Google]
caucasus-mountains-04.jpg
43 KB, 400x279
Are Caucasus peoples, specifically Georgians and Armenians, white? Are they related to any other groups?
>>
>>71882866
no
>>
>>71882894
Why not?
>>
>>71882924
because the region was controlled by multiple empires from multiple places
>>
>>71883011
Serbia and swathes of Ukraine were once controlled by Turkic empires but I don't think anyone would unironically argue that Serbs or Russians aren't white.
>>
No, to be white you need white skin

That's why Iberians are not white
>>
Its controversial
Azeris, georgians and armenians are rly different in many aspects, including genetics
Azeris are turkic I believe
"Armenia" is an abstract term, you could call everything between Katseri, Iran and Israel "Armenia" depending on the period
Georgians are fun because their language is only similar to BASQUE and nobody quite knows why. Some also take that to relating the Caucasus' Iberia and Europe's Iberia but its just theory. Its not an indo-european language though
>>
>>71883100
>Kayseri
Fixed
>>
>>71883011
That is a horrendous explanation. You can say that about all of Europe.
>>
>>71883100
Azeris are not fucking turkish

They are most genetically similar to georgians and iranians
>>
>>71883084
>serbs
>white
>>
>>71883202
Turkic is not Turkish, they do speak a Turkic language.
>>
File: Screenshot (124).png (37 KB, 732x299) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (124).png
37 KB, 732x299
>>71883202
>>
>>71883202
I said turkic, not turkish
Qara Koyunlu, etc
>>
>>71882866
>Are
Mistake. They were* once several thousands years back in the past, not anymore because the area was infested with every possible ethnic you can think of. Caucasian race (aka white race) originated around there.
>>
>>71883575

What about Dagestanis, Circassians, and Abkhazians?
>>
>>71883575
The term caucasian refers to skull shape. Semites are caucasians on that regard
"White" people originated from the stepped north of it and indo-europeans never truly occupied it for unknown reasons. They invaded Anatolia, Iran and everywhere around the Caucasus but not the Caucasus itself.
>>
>>71883369
>>71883330
>>71883402

>thinking wiki is accurate

Try actually looking at genetic studies

Language does not change genes and is therefore irrelevant to the thread
>>
>>71883941
If you have any evidence that shows Azerbaijanis aren't Turkic, please present it.
>>
Georgians, Armenians, Circassians, & Azeris I don't think are white. They mostly have swarthy skin, black hair, and hook noses.
Chechens, Ingushetians, & Dagestanis I think are white. They mostly have light skin and often brown, blonde, & red hair.
There are exceptions in both groups of course.
>>
>>71883994
Look at any gene study for them, or read their history

Being controlled by a small group of turks for a while doesn't change genetics... The caucus was controlled by many empires over thousands of years, calling them turkic because of a recently adopted language is stupid.

If azeris are turkic for learning turkish, then they are Russian and Iranian as well

If u actually care just google "azeri genetics"
>>
File: 1461096924363.jpg (144 KB, 1022x741) Image search: [Google]
1461096924363.jpg
144 KB, 1022x741
>>71883941
Look pretty turk to me
>>
>>71883941
How so?
If they speak a turkic language it's because they went through turkic invasions. And I mean CENTURIES of turkic horsemen spreading their genes there, unlike, say, Georgia or Armenia, who resisted for a while and only really succumbed to Ottomans, who were far more tolerant. I thought that was obvious enough.
>>
>>71884234
It's not just that they speak a Turkic language, but their culture is Turkic as well, even if they're more genetically related to Iranian or Caucasus peoples.
>>
>>71883100
It's not related to basque you retard. Stop looking on surface-level website. Both are egative-absolutive languages with rich infliction, but that doesn't mean much. The vocabulary just isn't there. Osscetian is ergative, but it's Indo-European. It probably got that feature due to with neighboring Caucasian languages though. Tocharian is Indo-european, but has a caucus/basque level infliction pattern, much of which is innovation.
>>
>>71884315
You dont really know how most war worked do you?

Villages weren't routinely raped and attacked... the people there just joined another empire and thats it. Was there some mixing? Probably not any more than eastern europeans

Empires like Turks and mongols only worked because they treated there subjects well and let them join their ranks
>>
>>71884250
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-DNA_haplogroups_by_populations_of_the_Caucasus
>most common haplogroups of Azeris
J2 (north Mesopotamian) and G (Caucasian)
>most common haplogroups of Turkmen
Q and R1a
>>
>>71884368
There culture is a mix of Iranian, Turkish, Russian and Western

And this thread is about genetics
>>
If you convert to islam you are not white. You lose all status.
>>
>>71882866
Jsut found out today that Armenia is in Asia.
>>
File: Screenshot (126).png (67 KB, 883x548) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (126).png
67 KB, 883x548
>>71884771

>>71884944
I've always considered the Caucasus and Anatolia European but that's probably an unpopular opinion.
>>
>all these shitskins arguing about what kind of shitskin they are
>none of the shitskins have any claim to being white
>>
>>71884834
That's fucking dumb, please kill yourself.
>>
>>71885036
It's just that: an opinion. Armenia is located in Asia.
>>
>>71882866

Georgians are pretty white and based.

> No link to other nearby races

> No link of their language to any other

> One of the first Christian nations

> Birthplace of wine making
>>
>>71885142
Nice opinion bro
>>
>>71885179
I think the last two belong to Armenia
>>
>>71885036
Mate idk why you're underlining that shit

Genetics is what matters, "turkification" is as stupid as it sounds

Azeris aren't European so they are not white, they are caucasoid
>>
>>71885280
I mean the fact that Armenia is located in Asia is a fact, the other dude's opinion that it's Europe is an opinion apparently.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.