[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>work to support me meager living >spend the leftovers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: intellectually impaired pepe.jpg (9 KB, 238x192) Image search: [Google]
intellectually impaired pepe.jpg
9 KB, 238x192
>work to support me meager living
>spend the leftovers of the salary on stocks
>have done this for six years, made lots of extra money that way (that has gone to more stocks)
>fellow co-worker asks investment tips some months ago
>don't wanna get into it because we're at a bar drinking with other co-workers
>"uhh, just put everything on company that's in a field you know something about"
>forget all about it
>about a month ago at work she happily tells me how her stocks are up, she actually put everything on one company
>get a little more serious and tell her to cash out at least some of it and diversify so that if the stocks go down it won't bring her financial ruin
>"are you jealous of my insight on stocks?"
>press on about it, she tells me she has a good feeling about it, w/e then
>get a call late last night, the stocks plummeted over the week
>not only that but she had put in way more in them than she should have, she bought more after the initial success
>tells me this is my fault

Should I have pressed her more to do the right thing?
>>
>>71882710
tell the cunt to go fuck herself
>>
She's a dumb whore incapable of taking responsibility for her own actions

Just forget about it.
>>
>>71882710
Women don't deserve stocks
>>
thanks capitalism. tell her to go to the horse races next time. less stacked
>>
>>71882710
>2016
>not being an options trader
why not when while others lose?
>>
>>71882879

I feel I'm somewhat responsible because I did give her extremely shitty advice initially. Then she lucked out and thus felt superior to me when she made so many gains so quickly. She wasn't really in the financial situation to even start doing stocks, she wanted to make money to cover for the previous mess.
>>
>>71882710
>Women
>>
>>>/biz/
>>
>>71883189
You could have said she should invest in coal, still not your responsibility for what she does with her money.
>>
People on /pol/ will tell you "bro you literally did everything you could and she is a stupid bitch, fuck her for not listening, yadda yadda women are whores I hate my ex".

You are not ethically or morally culpable for this woman's mistakes, but you could have probably mitigated or prevented her losses.

The fact of the matter is when you discuss things with potential for bad stuff to happen around uninformed people, you are obligated to show them the ropes. Like if you introduced this girl to hard drugs without teaching her how not to OD, or something.

If you know a lot about stocks, mention how you've made money playing the market, you, in my opinion, are obligated to educate people if they show interest. Because you are in a way indirectly responsible if they choose to make unwise investments. Even if people are stupid and obtuse and difficult to work with, YOU are the one who chose to introduce them to investing. You didn't have to inform them about it.

In life you have to look out for people you deal with, even if they're a pain in the ass to teach. It's a gray area but I think you should have done more. Sometimes there's nothing you can do though. But in my opinion you should have made more of an effort.
>>
only idiots are buying stocks at this high. futures and commodities till the bear run imo. unless you wanna go at options but those commissions fuck you hard
>>
>>71882710
tell her you shorted the company she had all her money in and you donated your winnings to charity.

Go on and on about what a giving person you are.
>>
>>71883420
>you could have probably mitigated or prevented her losses.

This is how I feel. Too bad I was never asked for a second opinion after the first talk, because I would have given good advice over a lunch (while being sober).

>>71883464

Everything seems uncertain now, not just the stocks. I'd like to buy property, but that's another bubble waiting to burst.
>>
Invite her over under the pretext of teaching her then tear that ass up
>>
>"are you jealous of my insight on stocks?"

hahahah

dont feel bad anon
>>
>>71883891
It's a skill you have to learn. A lot of people in life are very prideful and hard headed. When they think they have something figured out, they are impossible to convince otherwise. It can be really frustrating to deal with these people because they're basically 4 years old emotionally in this respect. But if a 4 year old acted like an arrogant brat, would you really blame them, and would you let them injure themselves out of spite?

Again, you have to look out for these people. Even if they're stupid and probably won't even be grateful for it. At least extend some amount of effort to help them, if it's not a huge inconvenience.
>>
File: remember the 11th.jpg (838 KB, 1365x1292) Image search: [Google]
remember the 11th.jpg
838 KB, 1365x1292
this
>>71883420
is a good point, OP.

But the real lesson here isn't that you didn't help her enough in the beginning, it's that you shouldn't have helped her at all. If someone casually asks a lawyer legal advice they'd tell them "I can't give causal legal advice because I can't be responsible for what you do with it". At the very least, you didn't put a big enough disclaimer on the advice and make her understand that you're not a expert. If she was clueless about the inherent risks of buying stocks in the first place, that's her fault, but you are responsible for presenting yourself as an information source. Don't present yourself as a professional if you are not one.

Many of us here might be able to preform basic computer repair/maintenance or IT work just from using computers all our lives and probably have at some point for friends and family. It's important to make sure you let whomever you're helping know that you are NOT an expert and take no responsibility for this free service you're offering. If they want a guaranteed service result, they can pay a professional.
>>
>>71883942
Fucking straya
>>
>>71884713
Exactly. This is why doctors and lawyers don't give out off the cuff advice. Because you could do real harm to uneducated people.
>>
File: tbast10w.jpg (25 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
tbast10w.jpg
25 KB, 550x550
>>71884713
>>71884775

Now I feel so much worse. I'm pretty sure she knew I'm not a professional (we both work in a software company), but I still offered advice on the premise that I had had some success on the market. The advice may have very well ruined her life.

Pls kill me
>>
>>71885226
How much did she lose?
And again, it's not really your fault. I wouldn't beat myself up over it.
>>
>>71885226
What company is it?
>>
>>71885226
You tried to make it rights though, you fucked up but everyone is responsible for their own decisions

If she would have done any research beyond one drunken sentence of advice she would have known she was setting herself up to fail. Hell, even without research she should have been intelligent enough to know you don't put all your eggs in one basket
>>
>>71885687
Yeah, if she was this quick to act on half-assed advice then really it was only a matter of time before some bad advice or magazine article caused her a lot of problems health wise or financially.
>>
>>71885383

Mid five figures €, more than she could afford to lose.

>>71885471

One of those shitty penny stocks.
>>
>>71886032
>~50k
>penny stocks

shes a dumb bimbo
>>
>>71882710
ask her: why did you listen to me when i said to put it in on one thing, but didn't listen to me when i told you to cash out and diversify it?
>>
File: keks.gif (992 KB, 389x259) Image search: [Google]
keks.gif
992 KB, 389x259
>>71886032
>One of those shitty penny stocks
>penny stocks
>>
File: 1443655893201.jpg (112 KB, 730x549) Image search: [Google]
1443655893201.jpg
112 KB, 730x549
>>71882710
How does she not know to diversify her assets?

That's investing 101.

That's shit a highschool dropout should be able to grasp intuitively.

Dumb cunt.

That's why you don't talk money with silly cunts that you have to see and work with everyday.
>>
>>71886649

This too. We both work in the same project at least for the next two months, it will be awkward to say the least. Hopefully the stress causes her to call in sick for a couple of days.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.