[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All Animals are Equal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
The interest of animals deserve equal consideration to the interests of humans. What is wrong with this statement? Why is it morally okay to experiment on lab rats but not humans?
>>
>>71881115

Some animals are more equal than others.
>>
>>71881115
who fucking cares you cuck
>>
Animals are soulless meat-machines. Sure they feel pain, but they lack a soul and are therefore comparable to noisy plants that move around.

Of course it's not desirable to torture an animal, but what IS torture? Some would say Shamu is tortured by being in captivity. Others would say chickens in a cage are tortured simply by virtue of being indoors all their lives.

So what is torture? What is justifiable?

I tell you this: if I had cancer and I had to torture a cow to death in order to live, I would do it. A human? No. But a cow? Yes.

Animals are expendable when human life enters the equation.
>>
>>71881158
In what terms? As long as an animal has the ability to feel pain/suffering, it should be treated the same as humans.
>>
>>71881115
Oh for the love of fucking God just say it already: I'm a lazy neet piece of shit who doesn't want to work, so he uses up all these mental gymnastics to try and make life easier for him by not working at all.
>>
File: 1337844185163.png (3 KB, 203x209) Image search: [Google]
1337844185163.png
3 KB, 203x209
>Why is it morally okay to experiment on lab rats but not humans?
Specifically because they're not humans.
>>
>>71881158
>accurate
>funny
>dank reference
Fucking 5 star post
>>
>>71881115
We won evolution.

Everything else on earth exists because we allow it.

We therefore use other life as we see fit so as to justify their continued existence.
>>
>>71881381
>souls
>>
>>71881115
Get in the cage so we can run some tests? Understand now?
>>
File: Faggot Atheist Argument.png (48 KB, 908x539) Image search: [Google]
Faggot Atheist Argument.png
48 KB, 908x539
>>71881778
>mocking the only thing separating you from a dog
Stay cucked faggot.
>>
>>71881777
>We won evolution.
Are you going to explain that or should I just assume you don't know how evolution works?
>>
but we do experiment on humans you fuck
>>
>>71882786
we have the capacity to exterminate every animal species

if our purpose is our own propegation then animals are completely subject to our whim or to elimination
>>
>>71881115
That statement is arbitrary.

The only rule is that as animals we must survive.

Experimentation furthers our ability to survive.

Eating their meat furthers our life.

Killing a predator before it kills us furthers our life.

... Survival is the only rule nothing else matters.
>>
>>71881400
Being this much of a fucking idiot.
>doesn't even get the reference.
>>
All animals are equal. Mice can experiment on humans too.

But they can't, because they're too stupid.
>>
>>71882135
Fuck you, dogs have souls.
It's the niggers and faggot like you that don't have one.
>>
It's literally not possible to determine if animals are sentient.
Until testing on inmates or growing organs with stem cells to test drugs on becomes the new paradigm, we'll have to settle for animals.
>>
>>71883186
>we have the capacity to exterminate every animal species
We can get rid of animals that pose no threat to us like lions and elephants but we can't get rid of pests like mosquitoes and other vectors like rats.

Try again.
>>
>>71881115
Humans can say no.
>>
>>71884242
Actually we can. We don't because we understand their significance to the ecosystem.
>>
>>71882135
>>71881381
It's sapience, not a soul that separates us from animals.
>>
>>71881115
Humans are the only animals on the planet who can determine right from wrong, good from evil.

So we enter this paradoxical state where we don't know whether to test on other living subjects, even if the subjects themselves have no idea of the moral implications.
>>
>>71884345
Wasn't there a group that studied the influence of no more mosquitoes on the planet and basicly concluded that "fuck them, they can die" ?
>>
>>71881115
Because WE'RE humans....living in a society.

Animals don't pay taxes
>>
>>71884431
I would argue whales, dolphins, apes and monkeys, and some birds are sapient as well
>>
>>71884345

This >>71884533

Also, we can't even get rid of invasive species that harm the environment.
>>
>>71881115
Let's ask Mr. Cat and Mr. Owl about the unalienable rights of Mr. Mouse.
>>
>>71884533
Yes, but then hippies made up bullshit about vulture eggs, so mosquitoes still exist.
>>
>>71884860
Fucking hippies... always saying bullshit so they can be cucked by nature itself.
>>
It isnt morally right, but humans are selfish. It is simply quicker, cheaper and easier to do the immoral thing.
>>
It's called survival of the fittest you feminine cunt.
>>
>>71881115
I'd say it's the heritage of the though that was established by the major religions.
The Human is basicly said to be the 1:1 replica of god, only less... powerfull let say.

Now after so much time believing that we were the chosen ones special snowflakes", we are basicly at a point where even if we know that animals aren't props as we thought, we still think we are far above them, because of that inherited religious thought. Look at budhists for instance, they don't see themselves as much better than any lifeform than we, christian/jew/muslim/whatever decendents do.

On the other hand we developped morality, the distinction between "good" and "bad", which in nature itself is an aberration. There is no good or bad on nature, only survival. Some animals might have emotions, thye may be able to think to some extend, but they lack the self awarness and consciousness of the world, themselves and they sibblings to be able to have morality.

Know Morality is also what makes us ask ourselves if animals should be treated as equal to us or not. If it's "good" or "bad... And that's fucking dumb because morality is what is preventing us from making fast progress in scientific and medical grounds. Testing directly on humans would make things go fucking fast.

Also mouse have basicly the same reaction as the human body, that's why we are testing on lab rats mostly.
>>
>>71881115
They are our food and our competition. We beat all of them and will continue to do so. Now that is not to say that we should just cause the extinction of every other species because that would hurt our own species. But to place an animal on an equal level with humans is to sacrifice your own species and humanity. If the neanderthals tried to befriend a lion or bear they would have been killed. If we try to befriend all animals we will die as well.
>>
>All Animals are Equal
>what is evolution
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.