[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> got accepted into Columbia Law > realize that it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 10
File: taxi-driver.jpg (74 KB, 750x469) Image search: [Google]
taxi-driver.jpg
74 KB, 750x469
> got accepted into Columbia Law
> realize that it's in NYC
> mfw

Is there any part of the city that isn't completely degenerate? NYBros, please help me out.

My cousin lives in Harlem and says that it's actually nice nice now, though I don't trust his judgement.

TL;DR - need to move to NYC, where is a /pol/ approved place to live?
>>
>>71880049
>doesn't trust cousin
>trusts anime-degeneration-filled /pol/
Rethink life choices
>>
File: 1sHaNf.png (383 KB, 745x475) Image search: [Google]
1sHaNf.png
383 KB, 745x475
Bumping with random pictures from my /pol/ folder
>>
The Jewish areas are all off-limits to outsiders, of course. But everything else is "culturally enriched"
>>
>>71880215

My cousin uses heroin and has been institutionalized several times. He's a nice guy, just doesn't have his shit together in the slightest.
>>
>>71880049
Columbia is ground zero for liberal and SJW brainwashing/programming.

Do you really want to expose yourself to that so you can say "yeah breh I'm ivy league"
>>
>>71880259
newfag alert
>>
Cucklumbia student and long time NYC resident here.

Morningside/south Harlem is perfectly safe and gentrified now. It is expensive though just like the rest of Manhattan. I live at home in Brooklyn and commute
>>
fuck off NYC is a god tier city. go move to arkansas and fuck your sister loser.
>>
File: 1452474887805.jpg (106 KB, 960x638) Image search: [Google]
1452474887805.jpg
106 KB, 960x638
North Side of Williamsburg in Brooklyn, good luck affording it
>>
>>71880049

live in elmhurst with da asians
>>
Unrelated question, I heard that the city was actually better in the pre-Giuliani era because rent was cheap and there were basically no laws. Is that true?
>>
File: mattress1-copy.jpg (55 KB, 496x401) Image search: [Google]
mattress1-copy.jpg
55 KB, 496x401
>>71880361

also this.

Only bearable because I'm in engineering master's and never need to attend anything other than classes with 50 pajeets/changs twice a week.

Undergrad was full of that shit though, we had mandatory feminist lectures in senior year
>>
>>71880420
Bohemian detected. NYC is a cancer on the planet and it is a shame that all those disaster movies like Cloverfield, The Day After Tomorrow, and Godzilla are fictional.
>>
>>71880452

>subtle troll
>greenpoint is no longer filled with polaks but hipster faggots
>fuck those cycling faggots
>>
>>71880049

Commutable to columbia? Nope. That asides east queens, southeast brooklyn and city island are insular as fuck and are the last bastions of old NY
>>
>>71880049

Enjoy spending 27 hours a day reading.
>>
>>71880049

Assuming you're just sticking with Manhattan, get a roommate, there are decent places to live but the borough is pricey as fuck. It's getting whiter for that reason, though. Outside of Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn have a few nice enclaves. Stay away from the Bronx. Staten Island is the city's only borough that can consistently swing conservative and has the highest % of whites with the minorities being largely limited to parts of the north end. It's the most disconnected from the city in terms of atmosphere though. Feels more like an extension of Jersey.

A few more years of de Blasio and NYC will be back to pre-Giuliani awfulness.

My parents moved here in the 80s and the squeegee man horror stories they told me still stay with me to this day.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 552x630) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 552x630
>moving to jew York
>>
>>71880489
It depends on your perspective. It was way better for nigger drug dealers and pimps. Now it's better for people who don't fail at life.
>>
>>71880489
Cheaper, but a bit less safe nigger-wise in the 90's

>>71880452
You could always consider Sunset Park in Brooklyn, which is kinda far from Columbia (1.5 hour commute) but housing is still fairly cheap here, it's a former beaner hood which is being quickly chinkified
>>
>>71880374

Thanks for the advice. How deep will I have to conceal my power level? I'm bisexual and active in the LGB community, so I can usually get away with a lot.
>>
>>71880579
Plenty of poles last time I was there famalam
>>
>>71880691
I can't vouch for that, I've never touched the faggot life with a 10 foot pole.

I keep it pretty concealed though, I recently had to keep from shouting trump memes when dining out in a Mexican restaurant with my bernout brother and hillary supporting mom
>>
>>71880049
NYC is a goddamn shithole no matter where you go
unless you have a billion dollars, there's really no place thats safe

but study & then fuck off
>>
>>71880691

williamsburg is just your place faggot
>>
>>71880049
I'm in nyc at Columbia med
it's pretty much totally lost at this point. sorry bro
>>
>>71880049

Enjoy literally being surrounded by the most dangerous neighbors you could possibly imagine.

Protip, it's all niggers and spics surrounding you.

http://www.morningside-heights.net/crime.htm

Makes me happy to live on West end ave @ 63rd, not a nigger for blocks.
>>
U P S T A T E
P
S
T
A
T
E
>>
>>71880842
>>71880813

Thanks, though I should qualify that I am a member of the heavily-armed southern faggot branch of the gay community. I generally look down on SJWs.
>>
just yell your walkin here a bunch
>>
>>71880976

This.

OP could move to Poughkeepsie or Peekskill. Both cheap, mostly white and cheap rent. Poughkeepsie would be a 2hr commute each wat though, 4 hours on the train is a lot. Peekskill is only about an hour on the Metro North. Could be a viable option for a college kid. They've gentrified the entire waterfront district. It's pretty nice in Peekskill now.
>>
>>71880986
You're a homosexual planning to live in NYC. You'll be gulping down niggercocks before the end of the year and unironically posting #blm and #notallmuslims on your twitter
>>
>>71880049
Trump Tower
>>
>>71880049

Grats on Columbia Law & your soon to be 1% career. Try to remember to have at least three children to get above the birthrate, and honestly, with your IQ, you should probably have 5+ to make up for all the dumb shits in the world reproducing.

That's all. Thanks!
>>
>>71880049
what were your LSATs
>>
File: 1357007067248.gif (244 KB, 474x544) Image search: [Google]
1357007067248.gif
244 KB, 474x544
>>71880691
> I'm bisexual and active in the LGB community
>>
>>71881107
I was thinking rochester (anywhere but the city) or penfield.
>>
>>71880361

It's also ground zero for making lawbux. Do you know if the Law School requires those mandatory indoctrination courses? At undergrad, I literally walked out in the middle of one of them and never came back, and no one ever called me on it.
>>
>>71881202

>driving 10+ hours to get to school and back every day

Retard.
>>
>>71880049
NYC is garbage I don't know why it's so romanticized. It's a dirty, cramped shit hole.
>>
>>71881266
That isn't very nice.
>>
Its the greatest city in the world, filled with tons of things to do.
Stop being a fucking autist.
>>
>>71880644

Dumbass. Chinks have been in Sunset Park since the 1960s, when it had a lot of Scandanavians and Puerto Ricans and Italians. There were also Blacks. Everyone got along.
>>
>>71881299

Stay and die in the rustbelt you worthless hillbilly.
>>
File: 1458674711169.jpg (91 KB, 467x700) Image search: [Google]
1458674711169.jpg
91 KB, 467x700
>>71881185

We're lurking everywhere, the SJWs are our enemies as well.
>>
>columbia law
>over 40% jewish
>70k per year to go

save your money - go to a shitter T2 and graduate debt free.
>>
>>71880842
What about Williamsburg? Virginia?
>>
>>71881318
>Its the greatest city in the world, filled with tons of things to do.

Yeah, if you're a tourist. If you're a resident and make less than six figures it's more like >>71881292
>>
>>71881327
of course, but now there's a recent wave of Chinese immigrants independent of the old ones, who are expanding into the lower avenues
>>
>>71881332
The area I live in is nice, don't know what you are talking about.
>>
>>71880049
I lived in Harlem for years while I was a grad student at CCNY.
The area around Columbia is pretty nice because the university is large enough to have its own economy, you will find nice bars/restaurants.
My advice is to live close to campus, because the subway is a shithole that you won't want to ride daily. That will basically limit you to Harlem/Upper West Side.
Harlem isn't a ghetto in the true sense of the word, it's not ideal but you will get used to it. Just remember you're there to get a degree, think of it as a mission to accomplish.
>>
>>71881292

Only if you're poor and not important.
>>
I never understood idiots who wasted their time getting a law degree. It has the worst return of investment of almost any degree. Terrible career prospects, high unemployment rates, mediocre salaries, etc.

You waste so much time, time you could be learning an actually useful trade or already be working.
>>
There's a fuckton of right winger in New York, just go to therightstuffs forums pool party section. .
>>
>>71880049
Honestly, Riverdale is filled with jews but it's the nices neighborhood in the city imo. It's pretty close to Columbia.
>>
File: 1353646795475.jpg (150 KB, 539x946) Image search: [Google]
1353646795475.jpg
150 KB, 539x946
>>71880049

I am a 3L at U of C law.

If you got in, go to Chicago and live in the Hyde Park bubble or go to Harvard/Stanford/Yale.

Columbia has lay prestige but it is like Georgetown with the number of people it accepts

Also benefit of Chicago law - you can learn a language at the undergrad to get the fuck out of the country when the shit hits the fan, or take classes at Booth for law credit.
>>
>>71881481
If you're accepted to Columbia it's the letterhead that matters, OP will be in good shape if he can hold his nose for a few years.
Of course, chances are he'll get hired by an NYC law firm...
>>
>>71881463

The ONLY industry left in your neck of the woods is aiding Canadians smuggle either people or drugs into America across Lake Ontario.

Stay where you are, don't visit my city.
>>
>>71881362
>Go to a shitter T2

Don't listen to this retard. There's a difference between becoming a strip mall lawyer and high rise lawyer. Prestige and connections are worth it in the field of law.
>>
>>71881479
So 98% of the city then?
>>
>>71881538

This is also true I used to live on Blackstone Ave. Jews pay out of the ass to keep spooks and beaners at bay. The only time I have ever seen a colored person in Riverdale were in doorman buildings bringing out shopping carts or trollies to help you with your groceries.

Jews love their manslaves. I miss living in a doorman building...
>>
>>71881318
this desu. nyc may be a degenerate liberal shithole but it's still the jewel of the planet. the manhattan skyline is unmatched. culture everywhere, great food. prefer living in texas tho. my standard of living would drop a class in nyc.
>>
>>71881588

I'm on the waitlist at U of C :(

How do you like it?
>>
>>71881693

I'd say probably about half of any 5 boroughs are complete shit. Most of Staten Island is suburbia and parts of Queens are this way as well. Manhattan is always going to be a tourist shithole but it's nice to be around the energy a place like this creates. It's impossible to get bored, 24hr food in every variety you could ever imagine and McDonalds delivers here...

I love the city I live in.
>>
>>71881411
> Not making money in NYC
Kill yourself
>>
>>71881588
>C Law in the same breath as those

lol
>>
>>71880049
Nobody from pol attends ivies. That IQ range is not relevant here. Leave you weird fantasy fucked up liar
>>
>>71880049

Stay in your farm school and study cow anus. New York doesn't need animal molesting faggot cunts like you around.

tl;dr -- go fuck yourself
>>
>>71881708

It is conservative. Federalist society dominates everything - you still have the bull shit liberal groups but they get drowned out by law and econ.

The quarter system sucks with respect to exam time, but it keeps the material fresh.

You can hit on undergrads, but there are slim pickings with respect to looks.

Hyde Park is safe, but everywhere around it is not - you can get to the North Side easy using Metra or the bus to the L.

Ride out the waitlist, it is possible to get off of it like I did
>>
File: 1452834782422.png (61 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1452834782422.png
61 KB, 500x375
>>71881603
Why are you being so hostile? Also, I'm the farthest thing from a redneck, so I don't know where you got that idea from.
>>
>>71881833
If you're in grad school it sucks, even if it is Columbia.
>>
>>71881833
Jokes on you, I make 100k/year as an account executive for a Wall St firm. What your autistic ass doesn't understand is that without connections, you don't start at a six figure salary.
>>
>>71881960

Any recommendations on how to hop off the waitlist? I already sent in my 2 page supplemental essay. Did you interview?
>>
>>71881975

You live in Rochester by choice, you are a salt of the earth, inbred, 100% fully fledged redneck piece of trash.
>>
>>71881935
>That IQ range is not relevant here
great job projecting
>>
>>71882069
Penfield, actually. ;)
>>
>>71882006
Being student and not having money is one thing, being a permanent underclass in the city where there are tons of opportunities is a totally different issue. There are many basket cases.
>>
>>71882013
>you don't start at a six figure salary.
it's not that uncommon if you include bonuses m8. or are you being autistic and only counting base?
>>
>>71882013
How far does $100K takes you in NYC? The private school alone is $30-40K.
>>
>>71882057

Yeah - I interviewed. It may sound strange, but be prepared for the "why Chicago" question. You can lie about family ties, they won't or can't check. Look for particular professors you want - if you want to do some interesting grad school courses 'across the midway' - or at the undergrad (you can only take languages at the undergrad) or other grad schools state them

If you can try to tie your essay to some sort law and econ for social justice. Remember the people who are the admissions directors are mostly women with liberal arts degrees that hit the jackpot of zero accountability jobs. They love people who want to take the more social justice oriented clinics because most of the student population is more interested in biglaw. Also, they are trying to 'make a diverse class' so there are slots to fill. Again, there is no accountability to follow up on this once you get in.
>>
File: cucklumbia.png (69 KB, 925x847) Image search: [Google]
cucklumbia.png
69 KB, 925x847
>>71881935
>>
>>71880361

This, it's also practically in Harlem
>>
>>71881814
I never understood "foodie" fags such as yourself: as if having a lot of rat-infested shitholes where third worlders can serve you food made from past-due-date third rate products with their unwashed hands is all there is to life.
>>
>>71882330
you can send your kids to Stuy / Bronx science for free and get a private-tier education if you don't mind the massive mostly Asian student body.
>>
>>71880049
New Jersey
>>
>>71882057

Also, be advised, you can send the admissions director emails of continued interest to supplement your essay or info they already provided.

Stay off TLS. It is a bunch of autistic retards
>>
>>71882407

Gotcha, thanks a lot man. My supplemental essay was a "Why Chicago?" that focused on two professors whose work I was interested in

Did you interview before or after you were placed on the waitlist? I wasn't offered an interview before I was placed on it, curious to see what sort of outreach they do to people on the list. Also, would asking to tour/sit in on a class move the needle at all? I don't want to seem needy.
>>
>>71880049
Prepare to get cu.cked that's where Obama was first indoctrinated. May your mind stay strong against the marxist agenda.
>>
>>71880049
>Is there any part of the city that isn't completely degenerate? NYBros

Well what do you consider degenerate?
You could live in Long Island and take the LIRR everyday.
You could look into Marcy area of Brooklyn, east new York
St Albans, southeast Queens, Far rockaway, Ozone park, South Ozone park all in queens

Now if your looking to live close in Manhattan your brother is wrong. Avoid Harlem and look in Washington Heights. Very nice neighborhood there

>>71880691
>I'm bisexual and active in the LGB community, so I can usually get away with a lot.

The Village
>>
>>71880631
What about LI and driving like a pleb?
>>
>>71882776
>may you live a delusion while the world changes around you
>>
>>71882221

Penfield is pretty nice. Pittsford is nicer.
>>
>>71882600
They are high schools, and they suffer from the same problem other public schools in NYC suffer, i.e. total lack of accountability. Besides, they are overrated. Elementary and middle schools are a disaster. You are pretty much forced to send kids to private schools for middle school. $100K in NYC is nothing to write home about. Don't forget state/city taxes.
>>
>>71882874
The people living in delusion are in academia who never venture outside of their bubble into the real world. Those liberal arts types live in an echo chamber, espousing borderline Communist ideals. This obviously doesn't apply to STEM (for the most part).

You act like its bad advice to be wary of agenda.
>>
>>71882750

After the waitlist.

You want to stay interested, but you also do not want to be annoying. Emailing once a month is ok with letters of continued interest.

Do not let any offers expire obviously, and if you are running up against a hard deadline, let them know you prefer them.

You can always ask in a supplemental essay - but I drove across the country to Penn and still got rejected.

Fuck Penn and their woman's studies state schooler dean of admissions; reeeeeeee
>>
>>71880049
Kansas
>>
>>71880861
>mfw I live in Washington heights and regularly go for walks at 3 am with no problems
Granted I'm a spic but I can easily pass for white
>>
>>71883098
I completely agree about elementary and middle schools, I was horribly behind in math thanks to going to nig-filled schools until I got into stuy
>>
>>71882750

A nice way to show interest is to email a student there and ask about it.

This shows that you are not autistic (since the school is proactively trying to move away from this reputation) and you care by writing about it in your letters of continued interest.
>>
op is a faggot
>>
>>71880691
Why bother getting a law degree when you're just going to die of AIDS soon anyway?
>>
>>71880049
>Not knowing Columbia is in NYC before applying
>Not looking into where you're applying

Are you retarded OP?
>>
GUYS, don't go to Pace University. It's SJW central. How do I know this? Well, one person higher up there is my sibling. It fucking kills me inside. Here, just look at this page here: http://www.pace.edu/dyson/centers/center-for-community-action-and-research/jefferson-awards. SJW faggots as far as the eye can see.
>>
>>71880049

Is this from the new Crazy Taxi live action movie?
>>
>>71880049
south shore of long island is nice

little crime
nice place to live
beaches
good food
lots to do
plenty of nature preserves

its really nice around here
>>
>>71883358
Stuy used to be an awesome school. From what I heard about it now, it's not nearly as good. You have to remember that Brooklyn College was the shit in the 60s too. I don't think the transformation of Stuy to a pos is complete, but give it time.
>>
>>71880049
>got accepted into Columbia Law
>> realize that it's in NYC

How can you be that retarded and not know where Columbia is located?

Calling bullshit on your claim.
>>
>>71882812
>look in Washington Heights
Fuck off we're full, I can already see the gentrification spreading in harlem. nah but in all honesty it ain't that bad a neighborhood, a white friend recently moved here and he seems to be doin alright, we even got a chipotle so you won't starve.
>>
>>71880049

where else did you get in that you are considering going? NYC is a shithole and Columbia is a Tier-A liberal faggot school.
>>
>>71883741
no you're definitely right, since that cheating scandal and the principal resigning , and DeBlasio trying to tear down the admissions test or allow affirmative action

still, it was the best I could have gotten with the income levels of my parents not being through the roof enough to afford private school
>>
>>71880049
How so you apply to Columbia without knowing it's in NYC?
>>
>>71883897
I hear you. It really the elementary and middle school that leaves no other options. You should see how many nogs are in prep schools in NY now. It blew my mind. I bet you they are not paying full price either.
>>
>2016
>attending the academic Jew
>>
>>71883833
Yeah I was just fucking with him Dominican bro

I am starting to hate these people who think their backwater shithole or small town full of catty people is superior to NYC in every way.
>>
>>71880049
Columbia is where the Frankfurt commie Jews set up shop to begin the subversion of the West through the US.

Parts of Harlem are being gentrified, but it's filled with hipsters, and there are still parts of it that are infested with Blacks and Hispanics. So it's a double whammy of leftist degenerates and criminals. Your cousin is probably a degenerate. Anyways if you can afford it, Manhattan is probably your top choice out of all the boroughs, except the shitty side of Harlem.

Brooklyn is also infested with hipsters and other undesirables. The further east you go, the more fucked up it is. Blacks and Hispanics in Bed-Stuy, although I heard it's going to get gentrified (if it hasn't already). Williamsburg is hipster territory, I think. Well, maybe if you move closer to Coney Island where the Italians, Slavs, and Jews are, you'd be okay, kinda. If you're okay with fucking hipsters, Italians, Slavs, or Jews, Brooklyn is an alternative.

You can also try Queens. Again, the further east you go, the more fucked up it is. Don't go to Jamaica.
>>71880458
This. Elmhurst is Asian territory. They also have a mall there, so you don't have to go to Manhattan to buy something. Woodside is also Asian, I think. Astoria is a little fucked up, but manageable and close to Manhattan. Flushing is Jew territory, I think. If you're okay with Jews and Asians, Queens is also a good alternative. Commute can be a hassle though, and about an hour to get to the city if you live deep in Queens.

The Bronx is fucked up, especially if it's in the area closer to the city or close to the stadium. Not really advised to move there. If you go beyond the Bronx though (outside NYC), it's okay, but it's too far a commute and you'd probably have to buy 2 different kinds of passes (Metro and the train to wherever).

Not sure how it is now as it has been ages since I've been.
>>
>>71886179
>Flushing
>Jew
That place is a chink hellhole
>>
>>71886339
Yeah, it's been a while. Maybe a shift in demographics. Is Rego Park and Forest Hills still Jew territory?
>>
>>71886179
For so many words most of this is utterly and completely wrong. Wtf?
>>
>>71880049
Get a penthouse in Manhattan.
>>
>>71881107
>Poughkeepsie
>being within 30 miles of Bard College

not worth it
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.