[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Minimum wage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 24
Please debunk this stupid shit
>>
>>71879959
What is cost of materials?
What is the cost of fuel?
>>
Women always say they there work never ends.

No wonder they get paid less
>>
>>71879959
Because wages aren't the only thing that influence prices.
>>
>>71879959
if your country is 1st world the minimum wage is updated every 2-3 years to correlate with inflation
>>
No one said raising min wage is the only thing that increases prices
>>
>>71879959
>what is inflation due to normal economic growth
>what is inflation due to quantitative easing
>what is inflation just due to most places paying above minimum wage. Even mcdonalds pays more than minimum wage.
>>
>>71879959
Federal Reserve.
>>
>>71879959
Minimum wage isnt the only thing that raises prices nigger faggot
>>
>>71879959
>only one thing influences the cost of living
Instead of raising the minimum wage, why not go with Trump's protectionist proposals which will create job back in the US, increase wages, and generally improve the standard of living.
>>
File: 1458692665151.jpg (43 KB, 641x491) Image search: [Google]
1458692665151.jpg
43 KB, 641x491
>>71879959

I don't know what inflation is: the thread

Gee...it's almost like there are other factors in an economy besides wages....you fucking idiot
>>
>>71879959

This runs on the assumption that only minimum wage affects price, this is a fallacy. Materials and Demand can also affect price, but most increases in price are due to inflation.
>>
But inflation has been pretty stagnant over the last few years.

http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/historical-inflation-rates/
>>
A minimum wage increase would have a negligible effect on prices. The real argument against it is the resulting rise in unemployment.
>>
File: 1451049213358.gif (1 MB, 413x192) Image search: [Google]
1451049213358.gif
1 MB, 413x192
>>71879959
Be a use there is already inflation from printing money that has no real value increasing the minimum wage would stress an already stressed system hurt small business's make less full time jobs with benefits etc etc etc don't be autistic
>>
>>71879959
Do these fuck faces really believe this is a valid argument? Literally what the fuck is inflation, cost of materials, etc., as other have already pointed out.

Those other contributing factors have already made prices go up higher, raising minimum wage would just make it even worse.
>>
File: 1456439117368.jpg (83 KB, 414x610) Image search: [Google]
1456439117368.jpg
83 KB, 414x610
>>71880144
this. The problem is a rise in unskilled labor saturating the job market. If mexicans will do a job for 4 dollars an hour, then an American has no way to compete.
>>
File: such a lust for nukes.jpg (107 KB, 829x850) Image search: [Google]
such a lust for nukes.jpg
107 KB, 829x850
>>71880165

fucking this, goddamn i hate libcucks
>>
File: minimum-wage-inflation-large.png (129 KB, 1152x747) Image search: [Google]
minimum-wage-inflation-large.png
129 KB, 1152x747
>>71879959

The minimum wage is largely tracking the CPI
>>
>if a is a subset of b why can b still occur when it isn't a?

because basic logic
>>
Because all money in circulation is owed with interest as it is. The more money, the more debt and the less each dollar is worth, thus inflation.

They are also assuming that there are no other factors like other currencies, scarcity and bubbles bursting.
>>
File: Listen Dipshit.jpg (245 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
Listen Dipshit.jpg
245 KB, 600x849
>>71880100
>>71880045
>>
File: logichowitwork.jpg (101 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
logichowitwork.jpg
101 KB, 500x280
>>71879959
It's so bad it's not even a fallacy. Just because x causes prices to rise it does NOT follow that there is nothing other than x that could cause prices to rise.
>>
>>71879959
>If it's raining, it's always cloudy. If it's cloudy it's not always raining.
There you go.
>>
>>71879959
OK, say there are two burger places

MAC Burgers
BK Burgers

They now have to pay their employees $15 an hour

Mac burgers double prices and blame worker costs, pocketing the increased profits for the CEOs
BK burgers don't increase the prices and accept a lower profit margin

BK burgers get more business and mac burgers start to become less profitable, all the surrounding businesses get more business from the higher wages paid to the working class, increasing profits and the amount of money kept in the economy vs being horded by the megawealthy
>>
>>71879959
it isn't biconditional

the relationship is only one way
if min wage increase then prices go up

which is a different logical statement than

prices go up if and only if min wage increases, which would allow you to make the statement in the picture

the rest of the replies in this thread are pointless, it's just a simple logical error that people commonly assume a biconditional statement when an if/then is made
>>
File: shinobu.jpg (287 KB, 1024x892) Image search: [Google]
shinobu.jpg
287 KB, 1024x892
>>71879959

If sleeping pills make you go to sleep, how come I've been sleeping ever night without having taken sleeping pills in years?

PS: You're retarded for posting this, OP.
>>
>>71880219
that's a bingo
>>
>>71880100
>inflation due to normal economic growth
Monetary expansion may be normal economic growth, but it is not healthy economic growth.
>>
>>71880045
>>71880065
>>71880085
>>71880087
>>71880100
>>71880139
>>71880165
>>71880166
>>71880295
>>71880413
>i cant give you an honest answer so ill just keep moving the goalposts

OP has a valid point. Food prices, fast food in particular, has DROPPED instead of rising, despite a very slow min wage increase over the last 10 years.

Where was the inflation here to make the cost of food materials, shipping, production and staff all go UP?

It's a boogeyman. The wealthy simply do not want more wealthy, because you can't have a rich elite if you don't have an incredibly broad foundation of slaves propping you up.

Stay mad, deskchair 'econ major' faggots.
>>
>>71880544
>the rest of the replies in this thread are pointless
fuck you, my post was more poignant than yours
>>
>>71880835

It doesn't even matter whether or not raising the minimum wage will increase prices. The reason that picture uses to come to its conclusion is still nonsensical. Just because one cause of an effect exists doesn't mean that effect must always be the result of that one cause. I don't even understand how anyone could be led to believe that in the first place, it doesn't make any sense at all.
>>
>>71880208
What? The inflation rate doesn't have to continually increase in order to raise prices, it just has to be positive. A 1% yearly inflation rate means prices increase by 1% every year relative to the previous year. This adds up pretty fucking quick.
>>
>>71880835
You must honestly be the biggest retard I have ever seen. No one is moving the goalposts here pal, if prices were only a result of minimum wage then prices would have never changed for the thousands of years before there was one. This must he bait.
>>
>>71879959
1. Price increases are largely caused by inflationary practices at the federal level. Milton Friedman spoke about this at length.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ4TTNeSUdQ

2. Most workers within the United States don't work for minimum wage.

>Only 2.9 percent of wage earners earn the federal minimum wage.
>Heritage Foundation analysis of data from the Current Population Survey (CPS). The Census Bureau and Bureau of Labor Statistics jointly conduct the CPS. All numbers, except average family income and poverty status, come from analysis of the 2011 and 2012 Merged Outgoing Rotation Group (MORG) file of the CPS. Minimum-wage earners were defined as hourly employees paid $7.25 an hour or less. Poverty and family income statistics come from the March supplement to the 2011 and 2012 CPS data. Data available for download at http://thedataweb.rm.census.gov/ftp/cps_ftp.html and https://cps.ipums.org/cps/

3. The minimum wage has constantly been increased in a desperate attempt to keep up with inflation. Watch Milton Friedman's documentary above to understand the nature of this situation.
>>
>>71880835
>fast food in particular, has DROPPED instead of rising
Sauce, faggot. In syrupland, fast food prices have most certainly gone up over the past decade.
>>
>increasing the minimum wage is the only thing that can cause inflation
nice logic retard
>>
>>71880485
Bk burgers cutting costs to make a cheaper products then the competition is easier for bk burgers than the local mom and pop burger joint. Their product is already more expensive because of their small scale operation, and they employ more people per burger prepared than bk burger. Their prices increase exponentially compared to mac burger or bk burger, and eventually they drop out of the burger business, increasing the gap between the middle class (now the working poor) and the superwealthy. Congrats, you just made the problem much worse.
>>
>>71881035
>begins retort with ad hom

Ah, you ruined your own reply before it even began, assmangled faggot.

>>71881029
>i-it doesnt e-even matter if you raise min wage!
>insert some other non-reason made up bullshit to push goalposts

Now you have half the other thread automatically disagreeing with you.

You armchair economy geniuses are already at odds with each other.

Top kek cucks
>>
>>71879959
>if I set my house on fire I'll be warm
>how come I'm warm even though my house isn't on fire

No wonder there's a pic of a broad under that shit.
Chick logic.
>>
>>71879959
Wages in states go up

Even then, prices going up without increase in minimum wage would show that they could skyrocket with any increase.
>>
>>71880835
>fast food in particular, has DROPPED instead of rising

Bullshit

Cheeseburgers at McDonald's were $0.59 about a decade ago, now they're $1

McDonald's doesn't even have a Dollar Menu any more
>>
>>71881455
>now theyre a dollar
>they dont have a dollar menu anymore

Which is it Manuel? Get back in the restroom and clean my toilet, fag. You can't into econ discussion.
>>
File: 1440631747664.jpg (65 KB, 600x660) Image search: [Google]
1440631747664.jpg
65 KB, 600x660
>>71879959
You want me to teach you economics? There's plenty of books you can find this information in. The logic is flawed from the outset. A gradeschooler should be able to find the flaw in it. If fire produces heat then why is this hot without fire? Because you're retarded.
>>
File: mcdonalddollarmenu.gif (16 KB, 250x260) Image search: [Google]
mcdonalddollarmenu.gif
16 KB, 250x260
>>71881594
Dollar Menu as in specific food, pic related
>>
How to debunk:

Ask: "Would you be willing to pay a little more so that the poor employee can get paid a living wage?"

Follow up with: "That's inflation." QED
>>
File: 41vOxHHKkuL.jpg (24 KB, 330x500) Image search: [Google]
41vOxHHKkuL.jpg
24 KB, 330x500
>>71880835
Because inflation is ONLY caused by government printing more money. Prices go up and down for any number of reasons such as increases in demand or a drop in supply. Inflation occurs only when government prints money at a faster rate than the economy produces good and services. Too much money chasing too few goods.
>>
Debunk what? Minimum wage is a sufficient condition for inflation not a necessary one.
>>
Shifts in supply and demand that causes prices to rise is NOT inflation
>>
>>71882566

People throw the word around to mean different things. Arguing the definitions of words isn't persuasive to those who disagree with you.
>>
>>71880834
Never said it was healthy, it just happens.

>>71880835
>food prices
>especially fast food prices
>dropping
lel oh fucking lel. thats why hard shell tacos from taco bell went from 39 cents each to 1$ each right? same for bean burritos?

or roast beef sandwhiches from arbys going from 5 for 5$ to 2 for 5$?

etc etc etc.

you are retarded.
>>
>>71881455
>$1 bugers
God I fucking envy Americans. Our burgers cost $10+
>>
>>71881902
Autism: The Post
>>
>>71879959
Inflation is determined by many factors.
>>
>>71879959
You can't
>>
>>71882917

Because is your country is complete shit, ran by pothead liberal politicians.
>>
>>71882891
>someone sure eats alot of tacos and beans

Get out Mexican. Once you bean sucking illegals leave, more jobs for Americans will open up.
>>
>>71881455
Fun fact, McD's is having one of their best financial years in a long time by doing a couple of things like reducing bloated menu options and instead just asking customers what they want on their burgers, the McPick 2 deal which has increased lunch hour turnout, reducing operating costs by selling a selection of company-run stores to independent operators, and most significantly - the all day breakfast promotion.
They've seen a 35% increase in profit so far this year and a world wide 6.2% same-store sales increase.

Their new CEO is doing a seriously good job.
>>
>>71879959
I forgot labor inputs, inflation, central bank decisions, interest rates, taxes, etc., etc., play no roll in determining prices.

>Americans Against the Republican Party
Wut.
>>
Come on it's 2016. Dyndufun Jones and Ejiptian King must be compensated 14.99 plus tip. How else are they supposed to fund their peaceful and tolerant protests? Welfare?
>>
>>71883559

Please tell me the new ceo isn't a cunt.
>>
Except the minimum wage has been raised.
>>
>>71880835
Let's pretend you are right for one second.

It would be called economies of scale. Here you go:
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economies_of_scale
>>
>>71883622
Formerly their chief brands officer, he's seen the company make some of their best quarters in years despite the strength of the dollar having a negative impact on the fast food industry. Their stock is up about 30% since he got the job last year and trading near all time highs right now.

He seems to have a pretty level head honestly.
>>
>>71882917
The dollar burgers at most places are a cunthair thin patty in between some rock hard buns that are somehow greasy with a little ketchup and mustard on them.

>>71880835
>Food prices, fast food in particular, has DROPPED instead of rising,

Literally the exact opposite of reality.
>>
>>71879959
They go up because our government has been inflating the currency. The fed prints money and in turn the value of the $ goes up.

Wages aren't the only thing that effect the price of goods.
>>
>>71882458
Fractional reserve banking also creates inflation
>>
>>71881242
Solid post
>>
>>71879959

Because wages are not the only thing that affects the prices of goods.

Stupid fucking Occupy Democrats.
I'm starting to think it's an elaborate troll to make Lefties look as stupid as possible.

>>71880045

You forget: TAXES
>>
>>71882917
real burgers cost that much, mcshit burgers are a dollar last time I checked, but it is like 1/10 a pound of beef and a wilted bun

>>71883470
>mexican
kek, I am 100% white as far as I know. But I do like putting shitty food in my body. I wont buy the tacos anymore, way too expensive for what you get.
>>
>>71881221
everything has gone up here due to environmental tax on fuel. Everything here relies on being shipped hence this factors in a lot. They have an excuse to raise it every year cause "muh global warming" and cuckdeau is only making it worse
>>
>>71884175
>supporting the tortilla jew

Support In & Out for a homogenous WHITE CHRISTIAN nation.
>>
>>71880319

They just don't get this very concept. The idea of supply and demand in labor escapes them. They bitch about low wages, but want to flood the market with Mexican immigrants and 4 year college degrees.
>>
>>71883559
>Their new CEO is doing a seriously good job.

I haven't been to a McDonalds since they started their 365nigger crap.

I might occasionally eat crap food, but I'm not going to dodge a chimpout to do it.
>>
>>71879959

"I am stupid. Please help me argue with my friends on facebook."
>>
>>71884353
Where?

I love chick fil a but I am a poorfag college pleb

wendys is good too. dem chicken patties doh.
>>
>>71882640
I think what he's getting at is that inflation is an economy-wide rise in the prices of goods. Prices in specific industries may rise and fall for various reasons (namely, changes in supply and demand), but inflation and deflation are phenomena seen across the entire economy. And that can only be caused by an increase in the money supply faster than an increase in the supply of goods (not that there is any need for money supply to continually increase, despite what Keynesian doomsayers might claim).
>>
>>71884477

Gotta be in commiefornia. They haven't branched out, apparently. They don't do franchises, either.
>>
>>71884329
That and our ~2% inflation rate.
>>
>>71879959
How come profit skyrocketed but wages havent?
>>
>>71883848
>nig steps down after 3 years of meming things up
>everything is fixed in a year
memes are toxic
>>
>>71879959
kikes getting more of their share and people not negotiating properly.
>>
>>71879959
Inflation raises prices no matter what the minimum wage is
>>
>>71884543
Ill take taco bell over living in the dragons lair of degeneracy that is California.
>>
>>71880485

>he thinks the "megawealthy" keep their money in large Scrooge McDuck-style banks

What a fucking--

Oh. Aussie cunt.
>>
>>71884410
The current CEO was apparently against that campaign, considering the 365black program was around since 2003 and thought that advertising it with no lead up to make sure the message was understood was pants on head retarded but got pushed through by the former ceo and marketing.

The program largely existed prior as a thing to point at and McD's able to say 'well we help the blacks we put money in dem programs for them,' and use it as a tax break.

But yeah, carry on not eating there. I don't either, but doesn't mean that we can't appreciate someone doing their job well guiding a corporation of that magnitude.
>>
>>71883559

I've been going to McDonald's more because the food is just that; burgers, fries, soda, and chicken sandwiches.

Fast Food has become such a menagerie of bizarre food options that the most exotic thing now is a traditional, run-of-the-mill burger. And that's what McD's does.

Hell. Once upon a time people mocked the Big Mac for being so strange itself. Now nobody thinks twice about "Special Sauce."

And they still do the best breakfast. Once again; mostly just simple, traditional stuff. Mostly.
>>
File: 1366465208541.jpg (120 KB, 497x640) Image search: [Google]
1366465208541.jpg
120 KB, 497x640
>>71884909
>>
File: Hitler.jpg (51 KB, 800x537) Image search: [Google]
Hitler.jpg
51 KB, 800x537
Hi, OP here.

Thank you all for your helpful responses. I will make sure to put the best ones in a pastebin for this thread won't last for ever.

Thank you for your generous help, civilian duty against retarded Liberal logic.
>>
>>71882458
Did you even OPEN your basic economics textbook? Or do you just carry it around like a magic talisman?
>>
File: feels-glowing-eyes.jpg (6 KB, 167x200) Image search: [Google]
feels-glowing-eyes.jpg
6 KB, 167x200
Yes good goyim. Keep minimum wage low! Protect profits for the corporations. Good goyim. Poor people didn't work as hard as you did and they expect to get paid more? They should of worked harder! They're scum goyim. AND they're on welfare! Disgusting!

They should be happy with the peanuts they get! But still they DARE to ask for MORE? Keep the minimum wage low. We need a good nigger class. Can't let the people get too powerful. Too much Democracy is dangerous! We've always had a nigger class. It's how America works Goyim.

We're glad you believe in business. That's very American of you.
>>
>>71885900
>Poor people didn't work as hard
Economic value has nothing to do with how hard you work, you Marxist clown. If you have no skills other than flipping burgers and scanning products at the cash register, and the only work you can perform is something a monkey can be taught to do in a day, then you will not be paid a high wage because you are simply not as valuable.
>>
>>71885900
kick out all the illegals and ex illegals, and send women home, and you wouldn't need minimum wage. there would be such a huge demand for labor it would be insane.
>>
>>71886290
THAT'S RIGHT!!! They are lazy, unskilled swine. They deserve to rot in a ditch, but our good corporate overlords give them slave jobs to do. Enough work to have a measly existence! They should be thrilled with that BUT they have the GULL to demand more!

Goyim, these poor slobs will destroy America with their demands for more! THEY MUST BE DEALT WITH!
>>
File: 20080702.gif (95 KB, 468x602) Image search: [Google]
20080702.gif
95 KB, 468x602
>>71879959
Because the market expands, and with it the monetary supply. If inflation simply did not occur, and money supply remained stagnate, you would have an economy with deflation which tends to spiral into unemployment.

So, yes, inflation does drive up prices, but it also should logically drive up the prices of wages assuming demand for labor is increasing with the market.
>>
>>71881262
>Implying that's ad hom
Ad hom is you're wrong because you're stupid, not you're both wrong and stupid
>>
>>71879959
If shooting yourself in the head make you die than why did my 90 year old grandfather die when he never shot himself in the head
>>
>>71886330
Yes, goyim. I saw the Mexicans sliver like snakes over the border.

That's why we need a WALL goyim. Could you imagine what would happen if these MEXICANS got in? They'd rape our women, steal our jobs, then run back across the border before winter.

Oy goyim, we must be fenced in! Yes. And we'll put guards on the border to shoot down any dogs that try to pass! Because one of them could be in ISIS, goyim. Remember 9/11? Yes. Be wary of anyone who isn't white, rich and powerful.
>>
>>71886916
>They'd rape our women, steal our jobs, then run back across the border before winter.

I know you think you're being terribly clever with your 'satire', but that is exactly what spics are doing.
>>
>>71887032
Good good. Yes. They are evil. The poor Mexicans are the ones that are really ruining America!!! Not the powerful companies that have given you slaves --- sorry I mean people -- gave you people good jobs.

Yes. And if it's not the Mexicans raping your women, it's another one of those niggers that loaf around and expect handouts. Why are they so lazy, goyim. We must oppress them too!

Why can't the work hard and be white? Why goyim?
>>
>>71885900
Well, you're creating a price floor for labor artificially with a minimum wage without actually doing anything about the supply of laborers.

When the price of laborers is more than the labor is worth, buyers of labor will either circumvent the laws, use foreign sources of labor, or hire less laborers and investment in reducing necessary labor in their operations.

In reverse, if you were to subsidize laborers through a negative tax; e.g., John Doe makes less than thirty grand a year, we will give him a tax rebate to make his income thirty grand a year, you would have companies paying absolutely nothing for labor that wasn't previously above thirty grand because the government will foot the bill. In this situation, every worker would get less hours, and the company would hire an abundance of laborers as they are subsidized by the state who will pay their wages in their stead.

If you want to increase the price of labor without either of these events, you would need to either increase the demand of labor or decrease the supply of labor. Increasing demand artificially is extremely difficult; it would be done through subsidizes and the like or tax breaks for more workers employed, etc. To decrease the supply of labor, you would either need to set strict restrictions on hours allowed to be worked, vacation time, or simply taking people of certain categories out of the work force. For example; women cannot hold full time positions, non-citizens cannot be employed, workers over 55 are retired, people under 25 cannot be fully employed, etc. Which would mean that the remaining workers have an advantage as the same amount of positions exist, but the amount of people capable has gone down. This will also cause scenario 1, but less so.
>>
But but muh donald duck movie from when I was 5, talks about comepetition leading to lowered prices. The technology changes but human nature says the slob running the lemonade stand of extortion is inherently good and will cut his prices. Muh freedom. Alan surpluses are bad greenspan
>>
>>71886916
lol, you are really bad at this. when there are 20-25 million illegals in your country you need to do SOMETHING other than have a guy in an SUV covering 50 miles of border all alone.

they literally do take jobs that legal citzens could be performing, but why pay a citizen 7.25+ an hour when you can pay pedro 1.50 an hour?
>>
>>71886660
>gull
>measly
Are you fucking twelve?

Almost everyone in America has access to an infinite and free education via the internet; you can learn to build engines, program, study the breadth of human history, enter thousands of different poetry contests, directly contact publishers and philosophers and scientists of all kinds. You can learn everything from kindergarten shape recognition to speculative abstract mathematics. The ONLY thing holding you back is your willpower and imagination.
>>
>>71880835
I thought this guy was retarded, but then I read this >>71882458
>>
>>71887539
When you increase minimum wage, you charge $5 for a sub. You pay some goof, $5/hr to make upwards of hundreds of sandwiches. And then your cucumbers go up 3 cents and because you couldn't borrow or steal it or inherit it, you had to shut down or amalgamate. Shit system is shit
>>
>>71879959
If raising the minwage is not harmful why do states and counties slowly increase it. Why not just raise to 15 right away if it nothing but good?
>>
>>71887888
Quick! Buy your own shares. Open a shell company. Call it a mortgage and stuff it with straw
>>
>>71887344
All in favor of gassing the blacks, mexicans, and jews?

say "Aye"

I dont think anyone is defending your strawman CEO's here retard.

>>71887539
Competition can drive down prices. my town is currently in the middle of a milk war, Milk that was 1.80$ 6 months ago is now .89$ at one store and 1.19$ at another.

I just wish that would happen with everything, but instead people are pretty much price fixing.
>>
>>71888007
I don't know. Sometimes i think im nuts or the only sane person around lol. I'd rather have a notion of positive and negative rights. If all milk disappears I'd rather pay more in price and freedom if it means I get more guarantees in the future. I don't really care if people need to line up for 5 kinds of sandwiches rather than 5.7 kinds. But no dictators
>>
If you think raising minimal wage to an arbitrary number will help you are kidding yourself. You have to have a law that locks minimum wage in with inflation to auto adjust itself without additional laws passed, otherwise inflation will continue to out pace wage as it takes forever for politics to keep up.

What happens with fixed number for minimum wage is that markets will just inflate the dollar to make your minimum wage not worth as much once again so they can reduce their overhead. There is incentive to create inflation to gouge the worker.

That's why its stupid.
>>
>>71887789
Yes. That's right. Unskilled dogs they are! I'd put a bullet in their skulls if they asked me for a penny more!

>>71887770
Yes. Taking your jobs! These bastards. We need a WALL. And we need to make sure everyone in America is AMERICAN. That's right. So bare with us when we ask to see your papers at the checkpoint, goyim. It's all about your security.
>>
>>71888199
It would be 23 if it kept with the 60s
>>
File: 1276923430605.jpg (134 KB, 500x356) Image search: [Google]
1276923430605.jpg
134 KB, 500x356
>>71888153
I have literally no idea wtf you just said.
>>
>>71888237
>be almost ghostly white
>need to see my papers to make sure im not a beaner
kek
>>
>>71888321
Price quotas and shit. I'm for a regulated economy. If you let just anybody open a bank or casino or grow food, you're fucked. It's like playing a city building game. Laissez faire mongs would be turrible at those
>>
>>71879959
If it rains the ground is wet
How could the ground ever be wet when it's not raining?

Classic denying the antecedent
>>
>>71888517
Nobody likes those debating terms. To me, citing those debating terms (they are all only negative criticisms) is itself one of those debating terms
>>
>>71888007
Yep. Competition is grand. Yes. Greed provides for the American people. Greed has always helped the poor. The more money for the corporation means more slave jobs we can provide for the people. Yes.

>>71888382
We also have to be sure you're not an anarchist, goyim. Or another one of these agitators. Yes these rabble rousers. They sometimes spring up and cause problems. We cracked their heads in Homestead but they still keep coming back.

Yes, we must control the agitators and anyone who says anything bad about Emperor Trump. Emperor Trump is mighty and just. Any evil thoughts about him must be punished.
>>
>>71888237
>>71888774
>being this fucking triggered by /pol/
>continuing to post on /pol
You're feeding your own anger.
>>
>>71888589
I don't think they are debating terms, in as much as they are terms in formal logic or fallacies. I'm not sure what you are trying to say though: Citing a fallacy is fallacious?
>>
>>71888943
They're trying to tone police you.
>>
>>71888943
Yeah. I think things like slippery slope exist and it's better to chip away at foundational premises rather than stylistic nonsense
>>
>>71879959
I thought that was Ozzy Osbourne in OP's pic
>>
>>71888879
That's right goyim. Anyone that questions the state is an enemy of the state. UnAmerican swine.

They hate our freedom. They hate this beautiful corporation we've built here. Where everyone in America is free to be poor and squalid. It's beautiful.

Vote for Trump. Or even better yet, Hillary. Or how about Ted Cruz. He cares about business a lot..AND making sure poor people don't do evil stuff like abortions.

Yes, abortions are illegal and evil. Anyone who gets an abortion will be jailed. It's the only way, goyim. THEY KILLED A BABY! Scum!
>>
Oversupply of spics
>>
File: 1460933952674.png (396 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1460933952674.png
396 KB, 540x540
>>71889159
I see it. Thank you.
>>
>>71880835
>Food prices, fast food in particular, has DROPPED i
Nigga you joking? The six dollar burger at carls jr. used to be called the price of a restaurant burger was about six dollars and you were (allegedly) getting the same quality for a lower price. Now it's the six dollar burger because it's literally six dollars. Fast food price has DEFINITELY increased.
>>
>>71879959
It's true. Inflation and price increases are caused by an increase in the money supply, not an increase in wages of a very small percent of the work force.
>>
File: Minimum Wage in Perspective.png (75 KB, 1280x1000) Image search: [Google]
Minimum Wage in Perspective.png
75 KB, 1280x1000
>>71888238
No it would not. In 2013 dollars minimum wage at its highest was not higher than $11. Using a calculator to move us to 2016 puts us at $11.25

>>71887539
>>71887888
>>71887967
Really?

>>71888199
Spot on.
>>71888199
This
>>
File: 1399743589545s.jpg (7 KB, 218x250) Image search: [Google]
1399743589545s.jpg
7 KB, 218x250
>>71879959
If eating twinkies makes people fat, how come people still get fat without eating twinkies?
>>
Its called inflation
Its simple economics
>>
Honestly America got cucked out of its mind by free trade. We would still have a strong dollar if we didn't make China our second America. Nafta is stupid and opposes protectionist policies
>>
>>71888199
>markets will just inflate the dollar
That's not how inflation works. "Markets" do not create money, banks do. Normal businesses don't create inflation, they suffer from it.
>>
>>71879959
>if all squares are rectangles, how come all rectangles aren't squares? Checkmate, capitalist fags!
>>
>>71879959
It's really sad people can be that stupid. You don't even need an economics course to know how laughably bad that logic is.
>>
More people want stuff, more people buy stuff. More stuff requires more stuff and more people to make it. If it takes a week to make 400 units and stores sell 800 then they either need to work twice as hard or employ twice as many people and use twice as many resources. I'm pretty retarded but that's how I think it works.
>>
>>71879959
>man gets paid $1
>man gives the dollar to his wife
>dollar is now worth .77¢
>>
>>71879959
>What is Inflation
>>
File: image.png (219 KB, 361x361) Image search: [Google]
image.png
219 KB, 361x361
>>71889186
Holy shit this stupidly funny
>>
>>71879959
the value of the dollar as decreased, fuck you're dumb
>>
>>71888486
Regulated economies have worked wonders for the communist countries hasnt it?

>>71888774
if it means I can live in a strong, white, proud America, so be it. better than becoming a liberal shithole over run by brown people.

I still have not seen a single person supporting corporate greed, but keep building those strawmen.
>>
>If gasoline causes fires to grow how do wildfires exist?
>>
File: red ensign1.jpg (59 KB, 706x399) Image search: [Google]
red ensign1.jpg
59 KB, 706x399
>>71879959
No one is saying that the minimum wage is the only thing that causes prices to go up that is just a total straw man. The minimum wage in the United States right now is just about in the middle of the average of what it has been since 1938 so it is pretty much keeping up with inflation. The highest it has ever been adjusted for inflation is 10.86 and that was for a very short time. So the so called moderate Hillary Clinton wants to raise in 1.14 more then it has ever been in the United States. Pretty much the same can be said for Canada, the minimum wage has also kept up with inflation.

http://money.cnn.com/interactive/economy/minimum-wage-since-1938/
http://www.thestar.com/business/2014/07/16/minimum_wage_in_2013_same_as_1975_in_constant_dollars_statistics_canada.html
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 1536x897) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 1536x897
Minimum wage goes up all the time. When I started working 15 years ago the minimum wage was $6.40 now it's $9.60 in CT.
>>
>>71880100
>what is inflation due to normal economic growth
that would actually cause price deflation, not inflation.
>>
>>71880208
>using the fed's calculator
>40% of inflation is calculated by $/MIPS or $/GB of ram
>>
None of you have explained this ridiculous meme that raising wages will supposedly make hamburgers cost 50 bucks and people are supposed to be able to buy things when they make no money.

Muh jobcreaters! Muh Entrepreneurs!
>>
>>71880333
>using CPI as a measure of inflation
benny, no one is going to believe this
>>
>>71880381
a isn't a subset of b in this case
>>
>>71880045
Companies compensate themselves for operating expenses by raising their prices.

So do workers.

What these workers forget is that they are a privileged class of people now, and for every one of them, is 5-10 people who desperately want to work, but can't.

People who buck for a raise right now deserve to get fired. What you need to be bucking for is not a raise for yourself, it's to overthrow crooked and corrupt government.

Then you wouldn't need to raise the minimum wage or hack at any of the other branches of evil, if you just struck the root.

But because you refuse to strike the root, and only want to attack the few branches that personally bother you, you are--by your apathy--more evil than the evil itself.

You are what makes evil possible: you are human weakness.
>>
>>71880485
>have to spend more money on burgers
>have less money to spend on other things
why would the prices of other things go up if people have less money to spend on them?
downward pressure on demand -> downward pressure on prices
>>
>>71880835
>cost of fast food has gone down
0/10
>>
>>71881193
DELETE THIS
>>
>>71884329
and in places where there is no fuel tax?
you guys need to understand something: printing money and monetary expansion are the primary factors driving inflation. everything else is secondary and tiny by comparison
>>
>>71896334
Why?
>>
>>71884057
only up to the point that the fractional reserve ratio is met. beyond that, it doesn't.
>>
>>71879959

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation
>>
>>71883993
you mean
>the value of the $ goes down
>>
>>71884604
because of high unemployment and weakened demand for labour
>>
>>71886290
>people who recognize there is a demand for skilled labor and a lot of work to be done
>>71886660
>people who blame other people for their problems, don't want to develop skills, and don't want to contribute to civilization
>>
>>71891749
>there are other things that make people fat
>there are other things that cause inflation
>>
>>71892944
>>[central] banks do.
ftfy
>>
>>71896444
that was my failed attempt at a meme. i actually 100% agree with your post
>>
>>71879959
Population increase. Prices rise until shelves don't sell out completely. If shelves are empty, they know they priced it too low.
>>
Higher wages = higher product price for a number of reasons. A company cannot simply absorb a higher direct labor cost due to raised minimum wages. Generally speaking, products are sold based on a basic formula: direct labor cost+ direct materials cost + manufacturing overhead+ fixed costs all divided by units produced. This gets you the cost of production, then, you mark it up based on what you want your margins to be. With a spike in labor costs, the only way to keep your margins is to either raise the price of your goods, or minimize costs in other places. Generally all the costs are minimized anyway however. So you are forced to accept smaller margins if you refuse to raise prices. If any of you dabble in the stock market, quarterly and annual returns are basically how you value a stock. Lower returns than prior years reflects badly on your share price, and can lead to a decline in stock prices. So basically as an employer you're stuck. If you don't need to worry about share price, the profit margins cut will come directly out of your pocket. Who would accept getting paid less every year over raising prices a few dollars? Many people can't afford to.

It really isn't very complicated, just logic it all out.
>>
>>71879959
>there can only be one cause for prices to rise

Americans really are retarded
>>
>>71879959
Immigration

Increased population
Increased demand
Increased prices
>>
>>71880065
Obviously. The greatest factor being supply and demand. An increase in population from unregulated immigration always results in hyper inflation. It happened to Germany and the National Socialists rose to power to combat the foreign hoards that bankrupted Germany.
>>
>>71897097
Ah, it went over my head.
>>
>>71880414

I love this image.
>>
>>71882458
I find it amusing how many people petulantly decry what you said and claim you're wrong, but they don't ever say why.

I think it's because you're correct, and they just disagree but don't have any reasoning or evidence.

Honestly, that really goes to show how many people around here operate on pure kneejerkism, buzzwords, and whatever bullshit they've been programmed to believe in.
Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.