[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do tumblrinas think of romance languages like spanish where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1442545646185.jpg (85 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1442545646185.jpg
85 KB, 600x600
What do tumblrinas think of romance languages like spanish where inanimate objects are gendered (la salchicha, el coche)
>>
>>71876465
I'm curious about that too. I haven't seen much social bullshit happening in Spain.
-Spaniard
>>
Romance is dead.

ENGLISHHH motherfucker.
>>
>>71876465
>tumblrinas
>think
Your issue is that you believe they have original opinions and don't just regurgitate whatever they learnt in their gender studies class.
>>
>>71876546
this
>>
>>71876465
SJW doesnt exist is latinoamerican countries, women here deal with real stuff like teen pregnancies or violence againts women
>>
>>71876465
This is no joke. Ive seen people refer to themselves as LatinX to avoid gendering the word.
>>
>>71876465
They refuse to criticize anything used by brown people so Spanish is off limits. I have never heard a Canadian SJW bitch about French, so idk.
>>
>>71876465
I got in an argument with tumblrinas because they made up the "gender neutral" term "latinx" to replace Latino/latina.
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 467x595) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 467x595
>>71876622
This.

I've heard that at SDSU. They just remove a letter or scrap the word completely when it comes to masculine and feminine words.
>>
>>71876622
>>71876689
>latinx

you should tell these shitlords to stop imposing their views on non a white culture
>>
>>71876689
Its weird because latino is both neutral and masculine. If they want something neutral they should just use latino. Thats how it works.
>>
>>71876465
Gender was a concept in linguistics before it was one in sociology. Linguistic 'gender' is related to the idea of 'noun class,' which in some languages has nothing to do with the gender of people in the modern sense at all. Classes of nouns would be divided based on criteria, some more arbitrary, some less. But many languages make use of grammatical gender to track a salient division between people, namely that between masculinity and femininity. The notion of grammatical gender was then co-opted by sociology to mean 'classes of people.' Since then it has become a somewhat ill-defined metaphysical concept that in my opinion is deeply tied to the Protestant notion of a personal soul that is to be judged by its inner acts of assent and belief rather than by its works or outward appearances. The modern notion of gender therefore only makes sense in a cultural milieu that combines a sociology influenced by structuralism descended from old linguistics and a Protestant / Unitarian liberal / progressivist religious heritage.

Grammatical gender does not really reflect this odd ideological hodgepodge, and though it still tracks something interesting about the way humans think about 'classes of people' independent of this ideology, it remains mostly a natural phenomenon that develops in linguistic systems that precedes and to some extent says independent of modern Western culture. Even when people try to toy with it by mixing up pronouns and so on, they are only switching around a few basic linguistic intuitions that the language itself already independently encodes, and they don't really understand what they're doing.
>>
>>71876621
>SJW doesnt exist is latinoamerican countries

I wish, it's spreading at an alarming pace. ALL of my 3 sisters dyed their hair in funky colors and spend all day glued to their phones posting retarded shit on instagram and twatter, much to my mum's horror.
>>
>>71877046
well you are basically next to usa is easy to see how something like SJW can get there but that will never go down into central america for being such a shithole.

And I dont worry about my country because mine is the third country in the wordl where you can expect a female boss instead of a male boss
>>
>>71876621
maybe in your shitty ass ghetto.
Feminism is advancing towards here, but thinking about changing our own language seems a little bit too far. who knows, maybe in the future they'll whine about that.
>>
>>71876621
Soon friend, soon the plague will get you too, I even saw one here in rural Tennessee
>>
>>71876847
That's what I said.

>>71876905
I said that, and they said "it has masculine undertones, and the fact that the masculine word refers to everyone shows how male supremacy and privilege is engrained in society."
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.