[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Generating gravity waves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 17
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 1584x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 1584x338
Is pic related true, /pol/?
What are the best ways I could do this?
>>
>>71870627
lol
>>
>>71870627
It's a tad too smart a question for the average /pol/ack
>>
>>71870627
You can make some low purity piezoelectric crystal with some household bleach and ammonia. You'll need a lot of it, though, if you want to gravity waves you can detect.
>>
>>71870885
nice try that will kill people, troll
>>
>>71870885
>if you want gravity waves you can detect
?

ITT: non-physicists
>>
Gravity waves are a Jewish hoax. Einstein may have believed in them, but he also thought having sex in a metal box gave him superpowers.
Don't trust Jewish physics!
>>
>>71870627
No.

Gravity waves are the result of perturbations in spacetime resulting from the motion of or interaction between massive gravitating bodies.

You can't "generate" gravity waves with lasers and crystals anymore than you can create antigravity with magnets.

The true importance of the confirmation of gravitational waves is their potential as a new diagnostic tool for looking at astronomical/cosmological phenomena.
>>
>>71871146
Here we have another retard who thinks he understands gravity.

shoo shoo retard.
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 1212x712) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 1212x712
>>71870885
Nice try fag
>>
>>71870932
>>>>>>/reddit/
>>71870973
Lurk moar
>>
>>71870627
Since you're Amercian, you don't need to do anything. You're making them right now.
>>
jump up and down fat ass
>>
>>71872038
A
FUCKING
LEAF
>>
>>71871206
Matter warps the spacetime around it. We model this distortion through mathematical models called metrics. Different metrics (Minkowski, Schwarzchild, Kerr, etc) describe different geometrical distributions of matter and the subsequent inertial paths around them.

Inertial paths are paths of maximum proper time which define how objects under gravitational acceleration will travel with respect to one another.

The motion of matter creates gravitational waves - this is how information about gravitational fields spreads throughout space, just like waves in a fluid or an electromagnetic field. Large enough concentrations of matter moving quickly enough can create waves big enough to create an observable change in an interferometer
>>
yeeeeeeah. good luck with the x-ray laser part. those are just a little expensive. and you know x-ray doesn't mean a certain frequency, it means a certain band. which means until we have tune-able lasers, i don't see you getting the unruh effect from a piezo source by blasting it with an xray laser. there's just no chance you'll be hitting it at its sympathetic resonance peak.

you could try getting vast amounts of gradated crystals though and try tuning the crystal to the laser, i guess.
>>
>>71873009
Do you know where I could acquire these?
>>
>>71870627
Just ask you're mom to jump, you'll be surfing gravity in no time
>>
>>71873322
an x-ray laser? general dynamics or lockheed martin will be happy to build one for you to specifications! probably for less than a billion dollars, even.

if you're super smart you might be able to make one. but it usually takes a handful of super smart people to do it, and some resources/facilities.

as for the crystals, i don't know, look up scientific mineralogical firms. those should be a lot easier than the xray laser.

making an xray laser is hard. you know how red lasers are cheap, green lasers cost more but are available, blue lasers cost even more? its because it's harder and harder to make lasers at higher and higher frequencies... and bruh... xrays are many orders of magnitude smaller than like, fucking anything you can buy off the internet.
>>
>>71870932
Normie please
>>
>>71871206
The poster of >>71871146 knows what he's talking about. We're not niggers here, we don't dismiss people without doing research.
>>
File: kek.jpg (18 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
18 KB, 600x375
>>71871212
Fucking keke'd
>>
File: 1410809292969.png (373 KB, 619x587) Image search: [Google]
1410809292969.png
373 KB, 619x587
>>71870932
Get the fuck out
>>
>>71870627
kick a fat bitch's ass, you'll see the gravity waves
>>
File: oath breaker.png (21 KB, 474x459) Image search: [Google]
oath breaker.png
21 KB, 474x459
>>71875567
>>
You can't create gravity waves but you can generate a magnetic field. The guy in the post confused the two or is too stupid to know the difference.
>>
>>71875755
What are some things I can do with a magnetic field?
>>
>>71876755
Fuck with homing pigeons.
>>
>>71875755

>>you can't fly
>>you can't transplant a human heart
>>you can't generate gravity waves

the universe lets you do literally anything if you figure out the conditions that allow it. nothing is impossible. its possible for us to make stars with machines.
>>
>>71870627
technically any moving mass generates gravity waves but they are usually insanely small and impossible to detect. also you would probably spend your entire lifetime building your own x-ray laser
>>
>>71876755
You can rotate it around a conductive core and power a electric bike to get your plebian ass to a gen chem class.
>>
>>71877097
I'm not saying you can't generally. I'm saying you can't generate gravity waves with what was described in OP's post (i.e. light shining through crystals). Crystals are proven to emit electric/magnetic fields when certain polarizations of light pass through them, and the effect can be seen in reverse as well when you pass an electrical field through a crystal and it emits a certain polarization of light.

Keep up, Trudeau.
>>
>>71870627

everything generates gravitational waves

the effect is just too tiny to measure

thats why our current detectors can only detect big events like the merging of 2 massive black holes
>>
>>71877317

oh gravity waves
>>
>>71877213

"gravity" waves are oscillations, you can use almost anything as an exciter, (everything IS an exciter in proportion to its mass) but crystals are probably superior vehicles for artificial excitation because of their rigidity.

to be honest, no one knows why it works. we haven't scratched the surface.
>>
>>71872624
>Matter warps the spacetime around it.

What if the space-time wells warp matter? It would explain the black holes and pretty much everything else.
Mass is a consequence of gravity, not the other way around.
>>
>>71878175
>What if the space-time wells warp matter?
Then it would contradict 100 years of proven theory and observations.
>>
>>71877439
You literally can't generate anything close to a detectable gravity wave with just a tiny fuckin crystal and some x-rays.

And at that minute scale the gravity waves would have to be smaller than a planck length so it could hardly be called a gravity wave, it would most likely be some sort of detection of a graviton instead, but gravitons haven't even been experimentally proven yet so so far the science points to it being impossible.
>>
>>71878248
No, it wouldn't.

On the contrary, the observations are mostly denying the current theory.

If you go to Bangladesh and hold a pendulum it should raise towards the north, because at the north are the fuckin Himalayas and at the south is the ocean with some deep-ass trenches. If mass = gravity, that should happen, but it doesn't.
>>
>>71878344
>>You literally can't generate anything close to a detectable gravity wave with just a tiny fuckin crystal and some x-rays.

have you ever even tried?
>>
>>71878679
centripedal force
magnetism
temperature gradients
>>
>>71878707
Yes
>>
File: 1459357425917.jpg (25 KB, 214x265) Image search: [Google]
1459357425917.jpg
25 KB, 214x265
>>71870932
Natural selection, you fucking pleb. Don't you have any respect for nature?
>>
>>71878864

have you tried sweeping across all frequencies and using different kinds of crystals?
>>
>>71878839
Has nothing to do with gravity. You are just spewing buzzwords.

If a guy in the 18th century successfully conducted gravity experiments using 2 balls, a pendulum should surely react at something as big as Himalayas.
>>
>>71878984
You literally need more energy than the sun to create a mass density strong enough in your crystal to create a detectable gravity wave (presuming you don't die in the process).
>>
>>71879063

bullshit, you're trying to make gravity waves the way mass makes gravity waves, and that's 100% not what we're attempting to do.
>>
>>71879063
Oh and not to mention that at that point it's not really the crystal that's creating your gravity wave it's just the energy itself. The crystal would really have no effect on the outcome other than being the focal point of this hypothetic energy that increases the interactions of the crystal with the higgs scalar field to increase its mass.
>>
>>71879143
Because that's the only way, stupid.
>>
>>71879229

lol, holy shit, i keep forgetting how most people can't fathom a thing that is not known, being true.

it's ok man.
>>
Let me rephrase my question: is there any way I can make some sort of anti gravity device?
>>
>>71879323
Yeah ok man. You can be a unicorn if you believe hard enough. They'll let you into the womens washrooms too one day. Don't let society stop you!
>>
>>71870627
>takes years and years to detect gravity waves from cataclysmic events in space like neutron stars and black hole collisions

>can do it in a lab with 2 totally unrelated pieces of technology.
>>
File: zionist jubilee.png (88 KB, 1153x479) Image search: [Google]
zionist jubilee.png
88 KB, 1153x479
time to drop a time pill

gravity waves
>spacetime ripples

spacetime
>mix of measures distance and time

distance and time
>rewritten in 1960's to reflect relativity

meter
>used to be 1/10,000,000 of the length of a meridian

second
>used to be 1/60th of 1/60th of an hour, or 1/86,400th of a full day, the SECOND division of an hour by 60

now
>meter and second are atomic based

si meter
>The metre is the length of the path travelled by light in vacuum during a time interval of 1/299792458 of a second.

si second
>since 1967 the second has been defined as the duration of 9192631770 periods of the radiation corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine levels of the ground state of the caesium 133 atom.[1] In 1997 CIPM added that the periods would be defined for a caesium atom at rest, and approaching the theoretical temperature of absolute zero (0 K), and in 1999, it included corrections from ambient radiation.[1] Absolute zero implies no movement, and therefore zero external radiation effects (i.e., zero local electric and magnetic fields).

hmmm. 1967 eh?
>jews

All they did was invert lorentz transformations to make light speed a constant mathematically, even though they had to redefine time in the process.
>implying, light is greater than time now.
>>
>>71879734
The redefinitions came AFTER relativity because they wanted to find a universally constant measure for time since now relativity meant people would experience it differently so they needed a consistent universal measurement for that (i.e. atomic decays and lightspeed). It has nothing to do with changing the definitions to make relativity work.
>>
>>71879962
so how long is a second?

what are your thoughts on time travel and time dilation?
>>
>>71871212
>and quickly take the straw and blow bubbles
oh g-d I shouldn't be laughing about this I'm an horrible person
>>
>>71879962
>people would experience it differently
here we go...

Who or which person has different time experiences?

How does their time dilation make day length change?

Is my old measure of time wrong?

Can we still do math with time being a division of a day?
>>
>>71880041
I agree with the redefinitions and I think they are a much more dependable measurement.

I think time travel can only occur forwards in our dimension and time dilation is pretty cool in general. I have my own theory that spacetime rigidity differs between the inside of a galaxy and the outside of a galaxy due to the turbulence created by the supermassive blackholes in the galactic centre, which could account for the observation that the stars on the galactic edge move faster than predicted by normal relativity (and sometimes faster than the inside part of the disk), which could alleviate the need for explanations like dark matter. Rigidity being variable across spacetime can also explain gravitational lensing which is also sometimes attributed to dark matter.
>>
Watching /pol/ discuss physics is like watching monkeys throwing shit at a wall
>>
>>71879962
>a universally constant measure for time
>the theoretical temperature of absolute zero
>zero external radiation effects (i.e., zero local electric and magnetic fields).

umm yeah, where in the universe do these things happen again?
>>
>>71880228
You have different time experiences with pretty much everything else in this universe technically. People's time dilation is unnoticable to you. Your perception of time doesn't change, but your interactions with the world based on timeframe can change.

No your old measure of time wasn't wrong. new measurement is just more correct.

You can still do math with time being a division of a day but you're not going to be able to do any precise calculations for really tiny quantum things.
>>
>>71870932

please kill urself
>>
File: eventhorizon.jpg (220 KB, 1500x1062) Image search: [Google]
eventhorizon.jpg
220 KB, 1500x1062
>>71880407
jump in one of these plz
>>
>>71880429
It's called having multiple samples and drawing mean averages and using sigma scores to fix deviations. It's not hard to fix for uncontrollable variables using statistical analysis.
>>
>>71870627
Sound waves are anti gravity OP... Some old kiwi sheep shagga made this device that instantly boils water with sound waves too... Took it to his grave though...
>>
File: cade.gif (474 KB, 252x190) Image search: [Google]
cade.gif
474 KB, 252x190
ITT: We create gravity waves.
>>
>>71870627
this post certainly doesnt belong on /pol/ but fucking cool nonetheless
>bump
>>
>>71880475
>No your old measure of time wasn't wrong. new measurement is just more correct.

This is wrong.

The two measure different things.

You can't say one is more correct.

A second by the old definition is a daytime measure.

The new second is a si time measure.
Think like this, all those clocks on satellites are running si time, and keeping good count too. But it gets converted into daytime. Each clock may observe different passing of si seconds yet they all exist at the same moment in daytime measure. No fast forwarding to the future.
>>
>>71880682
Nigga that's called an ultrasonic piezo transducer and they've been used to clean dentistry equipment for years.

Nothing new about that invention.
>>
Well you need some sort of mass to generate gravity waves. If you have a crystal or anything with mass it generates the waves. Also mass can be transferred into energy and viscera with the formula e (energy) = m (mass) *c^2(speed of light sqaured), so if you have enough energy you could generate them, x rays are electromagnetic waves which carry energy (enough to ionize atoms) so they could theoretically generate waves.

So the post is correct but for the wrong reasons, one generates gravity waves ordinarily (crystal) and the other has the potential to because its energy if it is maybe transformed in some way (x ray which is electromagnetic waves), putting the two together does absolutely fuck all tho.
>>
>>71880559
Buttblasted leaf
You'd never see me jump in anyway.
>>
>>71880899
>You can't say one is more correct.
Yes I can.
>>
File: 1443623456.jpg (357 KB, 1170x1174) Image search: [Google]
1443623456.jpg
357 KB, 1170x1174
>>71880682
this

In Egypt they sang the stones into place :^)
>>
>>71870932
>>>71871213
>>71873692
>>71873879
>>71878940
>>71880541
Why do /b/tards frequent this board?
>>
>>71880977
Ok you can. But you will be wrong.
>>
>>71870627
Anything that rotates creates a gravity wave, so just spin around like a retard.
>>
>>71881273
At least I won't be as wrong as you.
>>
File: old tessy.jpg (24 KB, 345x423) Image search: [Google]
old tessy.jpg
24 KB, 345x423
>>71881320
I've been called wrong before.
>>
>>71879734
>All they did was invert lorentz transformations to make light speed a constant mathematically
No, they redefined a meter so it was in units of a universal constant.

They did the same shit for seconds when they redefined it in terms of an elemental decay. Theorists do this shit all the time because it makes it easier to come up with unitless expressions.

Ex. In plasma physics we frequently express length scales in units of debye lengths or time scales in terms of inverse plasma frequencies.
>>
>>71880575
it's called absolute zero and it's fucking never ever happened because it's not possible
>>
>>71881532
Quit replying to me you've already shown you're an idiot. What are you trying to prove, here? What are you even rallying against?

Fuck off back up north past Finch avenue where you belong, Toronto nigger.
>>
>>71881649
> information about gravitational fields spreads throughout space

in what does gravitational field info spread through?

>Quit replying to me you've already shown you're an idiot. What are you trying to prove, here? What are you even rallying against?

>don't tell me my models aren't reality
>>
>>71881817
All you've done is ruined a decent thread by disagreeing with everyone and just calling people wrong while saying asinine shit. This is why they should stop giving free-wifi to niggers at McDonald's.
>>
>>71881649
>Quit replying to me you've already shown you're an idiot.
Literally first time I replied to you.

shoo shoo retard
>i know someone else told you to already, don't get us confused
>>
>>71880225
>G-d
Jew detected
>>
>>71881903
>ruined a decent thread by disagreeing with everyone

you know we can click id's and see you doing what you are accusing me of
>the jew cries out in pain as he attacks
>>
>>71882001
There's these things called ID's, troll.
>>
File: obr07.jpg (13 KB, 379x274) Image search: [Google]
obr07.jpg
13 KB, 379x274
>>
>>71882119
are you done

lets talk science
sci-hub.io is a great resource

you guys do sci-hub.io here?
>>
>>71871212
Done a bit of googling and it doesn't look like that'll produce mustard gas. So fake?
>>
File: key_1.png (8 KB, 28x62) Image search: [Google]
key_1.png
8 KB, 28x62
>>71882345
science papers are all hidden behind journal paywalls

but with based sci-hub.io you can bypass paywalls and read for free

>1 go to scholar.google.com or somewhere and search for things
>2 get a doi # for the paper you want to read
>3 copy paste doi to sci-hub.io
>4 profit gnosis
>>
>>71881532
It's basicly an estimation of how low the temperature could be, based on what as been observed and comprehended and if all those conditions where met at the same time.
Of fucking course it's not the correct value.
The true value of absolute lowest temparture possible in the universe might be higher, lower, or close to that. But since we don't know much of what is actually possible in the universe we can only take a guess from the clues we have.

From what I get, that's basicly how scienctific research works : we get information, deduce something from them and one day some random guy will find something that prove the previous deduction to be incorrect.
>>
File: Schauberger.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Schauberger.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
>>71882293
viktor is based too
>>
>>71882119
call me the troll then bail when I mention pirating science papers

faggot shill
>>
>>71882763
The discussion was over long ago. You're just now trying to keep this sinking thread afloat but no one wants to talk to you because you're an idiot.
>>
>>71882907
it's sad

no one wants to listen

thanks for at least calling me an idiot

/salute
>>
File: Interesting4.jpg (85 KB, 1880x122) Image search: [Google]
Interesting4.jpg
85 KB, 1880x122
>>71870627
You can create a gravity generator by pic related.
>>
>>71883055
>It's an average anon can do something scientists have been trying to do for centuries episode
Oh boy, I can't wait for the series finale where anon brings Hitler back to life and starts the fourth reich.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (44 KB, 768x614) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
44 KB, 768x614
I saw something like this UP CLOSE IRL back in 2011. sorry for shit drawing
>>
Gravity is just the name we give to bends and ripples in the aether.

there are other ways to manipulate the aether.

The ultimate is to rip through it and break on through to the other side.
>>
>>71884647
This technology is classified and has been in use for over 50 years, along with the discover of gravitational waves.

Scientists are juvenile children in comparison to the limitless budgets of the world's trillionaires.

And yes they have spacecraft that can travel FTL, by folding space.
>>
>>71882552
Didn't they take it down? Is this run by a different team?
>>
>>71885004
Why so secret? What are they planning?
>>
>>71882455
ammonia and bleach makes mustard gas
>>
>>71870627
>>>/sci/sqt
>>>/sci/stupid
>>
>>71870627

You create gravitational waves by just moving.

If you want to detect them, you're never going to do it. Good luck expending an amount of energy equal to two 30 solar mass black holes combining together within your own household.
>>
>>71870627
>xray laser

I can sell you one for $200.

K, keep me posted
>>
>>71885545
Would you want the filthy masses being able to travel to your secret planet of lolis?
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.