[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think we can all agree on this model for UK federal states
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6
File: states.png (155 KB, 630x810) Image search: [Google]
states.png
155 KB, 630x810
I think we can all agree on this model for UK federal states
>>
>>71864606
I hope to god the UK never becomes a federal state. It should be a monarchical state governed from Westminster alone.

Dissolve the devolved assemblies/parliaments and bring the powers back to London, restore the House of Lords to its full purpose and make voting requirements harder.
>>
>>71864606
i like that you nuked ireland desu
>>
>>71864893
The problem as I see it is that Scotland and the EU have already gone too far.

Ironically the only way to save the UK might be to split England up into Scotland sized chunks. And solidify the British union, rather than the European one.
>>
>>71864980
Another retarded burger, this is why I hate /pol/
>>
>>71864606

>Greater Manchester

Change that to Lancashire and you're good.
>>
>>71864606
That placement of London is way off though lad, like apparently Greenwich isn't in London now?
>>
Greater Manchester icludes Liverpool. Lol
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (78 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
78 KB, 1920x1080
>>71864606
Northern Ireland is not synonymous with Ulster. If you were to rename it that there would be very serious consequences for you.
>>
>>71865574
I suppose you're right.
>>71865821
That is where London is tho, the map just doesn't show the Thames well
>>
>>71866401
Don't worry you can all join as well :^)
>>
>>71866371
There's some talk that those two cities will eventually combine together, you see. It is sort of like the Greater London area in that respect. And the Home Counties are basically just the Greater Greater London area.
>>
>>71866371
Scousers BTFO
>>
>>71866401

>Wanting Donegal
>>
>>71864606

Incorporate Hampshire into West Country and rename it Wessex and you've got a fucking deal son.
>>
>>71868314
Are you from Hampshire? Would you like that?

Poor little Isle of Wight on its own
>>
>>71868527
Include it with Wessex then
>>
>>71864606
>Hampshire and Isle of Wight separate regions.
>Northumbria is the same as Northumberland when it literally means north of the Humber.
>>
>>71868527

No I'm from Sussex, but I consistently believe that Devon, Somerset, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Dorset and Hampshire are the only top tier counties in England.

I won't accept a glorious Wessex separatist state without Hampshire. Isle of Wight is invited, Cornwall 2pleb.
>>
>>71868722
>Hampshire and Isle of Wight separate regions.
Isle of Wight is the most populous island next to Britain itself, it deserves its own statehood
>Northumbria is the same as Northumberland when it literally means north of the Humber.
Northumberland comes from Northumbria, etymologically the same, I'm not sure what your point is.
>>
>Cumbria on its own instead of part of a Greater Lancashire
>>
>>71869016
The point isn't to make separatists, anyway. They're supposed to be fairly balanced and cultural units rather than overpowered ones.

Hampshire isn't really west country or home county but sort of both, so it sits in quite a nice middle ground, it's also the most populous county outside of metropolitan areas.
>>
>>71869829
That's what the official "North West" region is like. The official regions are retarded and don't take into account geography or culture
>>
>>71869863

Oh I know, the point for me is for it to become a separatist republic so I can jump ship off this ship into the only place that will resonate what a quality England used to be.

Hampshire has to be part of the deal. I wont relinquish Bournemouth or the New Forest. We can draw a line along the river test, Home Counties absorb Southampton, which I think is a fair trade.

Downside is we lose Winchester which historically resided as our capital. This won't be an issue however as Bristol will take its place.
>>
>>71870689
I think in my model I have isolated lots of quality England. Really London, Birmingham and Manchester are the places that don't deserve to even call themselves England any more. Yorkshire, East Anglia, Cumbria etc. are quality.
>>
>>71871204

Yeah it works and it's definitely proves a point. The Northern counties have their merit of still being fairly untouched. Federal states is a stretch though.

What is the closest, if any, realistic thing to happen that will break the country apart like depicted though?
>>
>>71866401
What consequences?
>>
>>71864606
East Midlands doesn't get a change in name... great.
>>
Is there a single monarchy in the world that isn't a unitary state? It seems like federalism and monarchy don't really work together, being as how in a federation the central government derives its powers from the states, which invalidates the power of the monarch technically.
>>
WEST COUNTRY
EQUALS
BEST COUNTRY
>>
>>71865382
>europoor sense of humor
>>
Is it just coincidence that central London is shit brown... so exactly the same as now.
>>
>>71864606
I don't know. Would your German masters approve of this?
>>
>>71864606
Who else /IOW/ here?
>>
>>71864606
Fuck you give us Essex. East Anglia is stronk. Remove Londoner. Gib Essex Clay.
>>
>>71871852
It would be extremely painful
>>
Allahu Akbar!
The U.S. must take Monroe Doctrine now.
The U.S. must withdraw American Forces from all Foreign Countries now.
I love American99% and the U.S.
Japan, Germany and China are evil empires.
Allahu Akbar!
>>
>>71868314
This. Dorset lad here and Wessex needs to be an autonomous powerhouse once again. except maybe keep Bristol out. Those accents
>>
>>71865382
>Another retarded Canadian autist, this is why I hate this country
>>
>>71872877
Didn't mean to greentext there.
>>
>>71872095
I see no reason why not, Scotland is already partially devolved from UK government. And the Queen is still the Queen in Canada, Aus, NZ, other countries too.
>>
>Putting me in the West Midlands
>Not giving us our own Welsh Marches region
I fucking hate how I'm in the "West Midlands", I'm more North Wales if anything
>>
>>71864606
Only flaw being London isn't a caliphate
>>
>>71872970
Yeah but the devolution is voluntary on the part of Westminister. If Parliament sat down tommorrow and decided to rescind the devolution that would perfectly legal, as opposed to the US where federalism is mandated by the Constitution. The UK was a unitary state long before the devolution, still is, and transitioning from unitary to federal should require legal codification
>>
i dont want to be part of some shitty area called "home counties", what a gay name
>>
>>71873687
Shall I call it the London containment zone instead
>>
>>71873799
Call it "New Islamabad"
>>
>>71873799
no u should split it up more desu looks like some serious border gore
>>
>>71873687
who /surrey/here
>>
>>71873905
/westsussex/ family
>>
Orkney and shetland come home please.
>>
File: 1461457595698.gif (737 KB, 423x357) Image search: [Google]
1461457595698.gif
737 KB, 423x357
>>71864606
What the heck is west country suppose to be?

West? What does that represent?
>>
>>71873853
the home counties are super white. For example, my school class had 60% blue eyes and even our one black had blue eyes.
>>
>>71873952
>living anywhere near brighton
>>
>>71873905
How pissed would you be if I group you with Sussex and call the whole thing Sussex
>>
>>71873999
wessex, the last english kingdom that then reconquered england from the danes was based there, thats why its called the west country.
>>
>>71873952

Ayyyyyy, /arundel/ here.
>>
>>71874039
In a Harry Turtledove book Brighton gets nuked. I smiled at that page.
>>
>>71874103
arundel is fucking nice, wish i lived there t b h.
>>
>>71874040
its not really accurate culturally or geographically because we're on one side of a huge line of hills and everyone is basically a londoner who moved out and commute or a youth that will move to london soon.

the south coast is totally seperate to the home counties.

Having said that i like the beach so I wouldn't be mad.
>>
rip shetland
>>
>>71874040
also call greater manchester lancashire, theres vast empty areas between manchest and blackpool.

Also, kick essex out of the home counties.

Call them the old counties if you want a cool name.
>>
>>71865382

Then why are you posting here, leaf?
>>
>>71874229
This is the problem, I try to distinguish culturally/geographically related places but you don't want too many states. Or states that are too big

So the South coast and home counties are hard
>>
>>71874658
also you cant cal it sussex cos it includes essex

just go with home counties, its clunky but its never been a real region.
>>
File: sportsmanamberley003.jpg (134 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
sportsmanamberley003.jpg
134 KB, 640x480
>>71874215

Living on the downs is pretty comfy to be honest, Arundel. I prefer Amberley which is deep innawoods. It's a cunt of a commute but it's well worth the feeling this place gives you.

This is the view from my local.

Having said that, it's nothing compared to West Country, lad.
>>
>>71875112
looks nice, i live dead on the coast (bognor regis) so it's pretty shit. literally nothing here but polish shops and butlins.
>>
>>71875523

Don't tell me it's Pagham, if it is you have my sympathies Anon. Bognor Regis is the closest shit hole next to Portsmouth for me.

If you're renting and don't mind the drive, you could search around some of the cheaper villages up from you. Obviously not Goodwood way but to my knowledge it isn't any more expensive than living in that cesspit.
>>
File: 1447017835343.jpg (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1447017835343.jpg
26 KB, 400x400
>>71875930
luckily it isn't pagham, not far off it though. but yeah it is proper shit, fucking depressing place. hopefully in the future ill get out but who knows.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.