[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are the 'Good' D&D alignments liberal propaganda?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: alignment.jpg (202 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
alignment.jpg
202 KB, 800x600
Are the 'Good' D&D alignments liberal propaganda? They force things like altruism, charity, compassion, etc and other SJW themes as being a standard of good behavior.
>>
File: 1460307890706.jpg (717 KB, 2250x1800) Image search: [Google]
1460307890706.jpg
717 KB, 2250x1800
Stop looking too deep into it and enjoy the tabletop rpg.
>>
>>71861756
Isn't that what Christianity, the cuckest of all world religions, is all about?
>>
More moralfag propaganda than liberal
>>
Also, can I get some sauce on that picture, OP? What website is it from?
>>
>>71861756
seems like it.

I mean, think about Nalia in BG2. she'd be a try-hard tumblrina in real life and a born nation-wrecker.

Minsc is literally retarded with a "heart of gold" meme.

the only truly respectable characters are neutral ones. lawful neutral, neutral and chaotic neutral. the rest is degenerate. evil ones don't make sense either because what they won't is not in order with what's beneficial for everybody around them, insensitive and it bites them in the ass later all the time.
>>
>>71863406
icewind dale 2
>>
>>71861756
All the things you lister are the best qualities in humans, its just the context that can twist them and make them bad
>>
>>71863406
Also, can I get some sauce on that picture

are you serious? that's the character creation screen in Icewind Dale. don't know if 1 or 2 though.
>>
>>71863849
> altruism, charity, compassion
>best qualities for humans and not the hands down worst
>Says the cuck

Well that explains it
>>
>>71861756

It's called civility and decency. That's how people used to act 100 years ago.

Only redpilled alignment is true neutral, btw.
>>
>>71863979
>civility and decency.

so cuck traits
>>
>>71862949
Eh, sandniggers are on the more chaotic evil side of the equation, no better than nigger hordes. I'd say Putin's Russia fits the LE block better.
>>
>>71862949
I think jews would be lawful evil and arabs neutral evil, but I think, that's the joke?
>>
>>71864034

No, those traits are hallmarks of civilization and nobility. If you didn't fit in you would be lynched.
>>
>>71863169
you'll regret you said that
>>
>>71864215
>hallmarks of civilization and nobility.

Different cultures, different people, different ethics. Humanity as a whole has done everything you can imagine. And felt fine with it as well. Cannibalism, rape, murder, genocide. All these things and more, things you and your simplistic child like black and white view of the world decree as unethical and immoral, have been, and currently, and will continue to be viewed as perfectly fine by various cultures, groups, and individuals.

Humanity is a kaleidoscope of gray, and refuses to be classified by your binary rule set.
>>
>>71864290
*tips fedora*

Mostly agree but I like to look at the good examples of humanity throughout history, not the scumbags.
>>
>>71864361
So you're a willingly blue-pilled moralcuck.
>>
File: Like praise sune oh my gosh.png (676 KB, 632x640) Image search: [Google]
Like praise sune oh my gosh.png
676 KB, 632x640
>He fell for the real world philosophical application of DnD alignment memes.

Good and evil in DnD are not what you think. Good is an elemental force, evil is an elemental force. Like Fire, Air, Earth, Water, Etc.

Variant rules are for degenerates.

Gary Gygax, one of the two original authors of DnD, said the following:

>The Anglo-Saxon punishment for rape and/or murder of a woman was as follows: tearing off of the scalp, cutting off of the ears and nose, blinding, chopping off of the feet and hands, and leaving the criminal beside the road for all bypassers to see. I don't know if they cauterized the limb stumps or not before doing that. It was said that a woman and child could walk the length and breadth of England without fear of molestation then

>An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth is by no means anything but Lawful and Good. Prisoners guilty of murder or similar capital crimes can be executed without violating any precept of the alignment. Hanging is likely the usual method of such execution, although it might be beheading, strangulation, etc.

Good is red pilled as fuck.
>>
>>71864290

>muh moral relativism

Civility is the cornerstone of our modern peaceful times (the most peaceful we've seen).

Peaceful is better for everyone objectively.
>>
>>71864683
Yeah the same civility and peace that's bred degenerate SJW culture
>>
>>71864741
lol dude just stop
youre a terrible shitlord
>>
>>71861756

Good means compassionate, evil means selfish. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>71861756
Good and evil is based on the christian morality system which is ingrained in western culture, a good christian is altruistic. This has nothing to do with SJW.
>>
>>71861756
No. Gygax himself stated that the Lawful Good Paladin is modelled after the Christian crusaders. Maybe another anon has the saved shots of his post?
>>
>>71861756
>calls these traits 'cuck traits'
I believe that you are the degenerate here, OP.
>>
>>71861756

http://hackslashmaster.blogspot.com/2013/06/on-alignment-by-gygax.html

>Paladins are not stupid, and in general there is no rule of Lawful Good against killing enemies. The old adage about nits making lice applies. Also, as I have often noted, a paladin can freely dispatch prisoners of Evil alignment that have surrendered and renounced that alignment in favor of Lawful Good. They are then sent on to their reward before they can backslide.

>An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth is by no means anything but Lawful and Good. Prisoners guilty of murder or similar capital crimes can be executed without violating any precept of the alignment. Hanging is likely the usual method of such execution, although it might be beheading, strangulation, etc. A paladin is likely a figure that would be considered a fair judge of criminal conduct.

>The Anglo-Saxon punishment for rape and/or murder of a woman was as follows: tearing off of the scalp, cutting off of the ears and nose, blinding, chopping off of the feet and hands, and leaving the criminal beside the road for all bypassers to see. I don't know if they cauterized the limb stumps or not before doing that. It was said that a woman and child could walk the length and breadth of England without fear of molestation then...
>I am not going to waste my time and yours debating ethics and philosophy. I will state unequivocally that in the alignment system as presented in OAD&D, an eye for an eye is lawful and just, Lawful Good, as misconduct is to be punished under just laws.

Lawful Neutrality countenances malign laws. Lawful Good does not.

Mercy is to be displayed for the lawbreaker that does so by accident. Benevolence is for the harmless. Pacifism in the fantasy milieu is for those who would be slaves. They have no place in determining general alignment, albeit justice tempered by mercy is a NG manifestation, whilst well-considered benevolence is generally a mark of Good.
>>
>>71864263
No I fucking won't.
>>
>>71863169
No one is denying that Christianity is a cuck religion. It literary starts with Joseph having to raise his wife's son.
>>
>>71861756
It is good behaviour. Where SJWs go wrong is trying to enforce these things.
>>
>>71861756
ITT: /pol/ realizes that as a whole, we would be considered lawful evil which makes OP butthurt.

I'd rather be a bad goy than a good one.
>>
>>71863833
I enjoyed the first game and all of the other Infinity Engine titles, but for some reason I hated Icewind Dale 2. I could never finish it. It just felt like such a boring slog with little to no story to keep me interested.
>>
>>71863745
Korgan was pretty based even though he was chaotic evil, though.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.