[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bill the Butcher
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
What are /pol/s thoughts on bill the based butcher?
>>
File: heckleandjeckle1952series15.jpg (36 KB, 400x572) Image search: [Google]
heckleandjeckle1952series15.jpg
36 KB, 400x572
>>71854009
>Gangs of New York by Herbert Asbury
pol/tards don't read books with more than 64 pages
>>
File: bill2.jpg (85 KB, 1206x681) Image search: [Google]
bill2.jpg
85 KB, 1206x681
>>71854009
The man was a patriot fighting for an America that had steadily begun to erode. He's one of my favorite movie characters.
>>
>>71855144

Other question senpai, was Irish mass immigration the beginning of the end for the USA
>>
>>71855325
The real question is britbro, what caused all those Irish to immigrate to the glorious States?
>>
I watched the beginning of 'Gangs of New York' and it was fucking stupid.

>Bill and the Preacher agree to do battle
>Bill wins
>Some little brat witnesses it
>Years later said brat wants revenge

Uhhh... that was a fair fight and your daddy lost. Get the fuck over it. If your dad didn't want to die in battle then maybe he shouldn't have agreed to fight to the death?

Nothing more than a revenge tale for stupid people.
>>
>>71854009
A patriot
>>71855325
>>71855783
Padraig has a point
>>
I'm still mad he threw a cleaver in club guy's back
>>
Here ya go. >>71855971
>>
File: based bill.jpg (23 KB, 600x309) Image search: [Google]
based bill.jpg
23 KB, 600x309
"On the seventh day the Lord rested, but before that he did, he squatted over the side of England and what came out of him... was Ireland."

Based af, senpai
>>
>>71854009
One of the greatest new yorkers to have ever lived.
>>
>>71856153

If your dad agreed to fight a man to the death and lost, would you try to enact revenge 20 years later?

I mean, wouldn't you have to assign a certain level of blame to your father for what happened? It wasn't like he was an unwilling participant.
>>
>>71854009
King of /pol/
>>
>>71855971
You should have watched til the end, Leonardo's character does actually realize how pointless that revenge would be.
>>
>>71856401
I think I would, yeah. I don't think I could abide someone killing my old man unless he was put to death for committing some sort of reprehensible crime.

I mean, in the context of the movie, if my dad was killed when I was a child and I couldn't appreciate the circumstances, and as a result of his death I was placed into a boys home to be abandoned and abused. I'm pretty sure I'd harbour a pretty intense hatred for the man who I felt inflicted that upon me. You can see that he struggled with his hatred for him as he grew closer to him in the film as well. He also had an intense hatred for Irish people which I'd imagine would fuel his desire to kill him.

It seems reasonable to be.
>>
>>71855971
>thinking about life in terms of what's fair

If someone killed my dad I would want them dead. Fair has nothing to do with it
>>
>>71854009
beady af
>>
>>71855144
I just finished point of impact.
>>
>>71855325
Yes, yes it was.
>>
Daniel Day-Lewis is great
>>
>tamany hall created the lousiana lottery and never paid a winner

based turbo con men
>>
>>71854009
The Irish became American when they took up arms to protect the Union. Steinbeck had it right. We weren't born American, but in a shared struggle, became American.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns-qtoxnAS8

That's the only difference between immigrants then and now. Being an American/Westerner used to be a privilege to be earned.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.