[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Hinduism a religion of peace?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 18
File: h09_20123161.jpg (247 KB, 990x656) Image search: [Google]
h09_20123161.jpg
247 KB, 990x656
Is Hinduism a religion of peace?
>>
All shot skins are unpeaceful. There the most socially backwards barbarians in the world. They throw more of their own shit than monkeys do
>>
POO
>>
>>71849235
You are obviously a backward motherfucker.

>>71847726
Hinduism has never actively converted anybody. Hindus don't go out seeking people to convert or forcing people to convert.It is accepting of all religions. The only religion that it has had issues with is Islam. They were redpilled against Islam centuries ago.

They've never started a war with anyone either.

So yeah. It is.

I was a Hindu. Now atheist.
>>
>>71847726
Aside from bathing with rotten corpses in the Gange, they are alright.
>>
>>71851631
Do you think hinduism has had a bad impact on India?
>>
>>71852600
Islam would have been much better for india imo. Pakistan is an obvious proof of that. Imagine India without all the rotting corpses in the Ganges...
>>
>>71852600
Quite the opposite. It's the worlds oldest religion. With everyone that has wanted to invade, they've absorbed into the country.

They were focused more on arts, culture and science and that has paid dividends to the whole of mankind. If they had veered into warfare things could have looked a lot more different.

We'd all be shitting in the streets for one.
>>
>>71852899
>Pakistan is proof
>a sewage filled river is worse than bombing your own capital every Tuesday
>>
>>71852899
Obvious Troll is obvious.
>>
>>71853024

desu I'd take the occasional bombing over stench of shit
>>
>>71853183
Oh look the Paki comes out of the woodwork
Because a river can be cleaned, and Islam can be purged with the same ease, correct?
>>
File: rani-sati.jpg (147 KB, 260x365) Image search: [Google]
rani-sati.jpg
147 KB, 260x365
>>71847726
Hinduism isn't really a religion, it's more like a collection of religions. Different sects value different things, some people for example those that live in Rajasthan, practice Sati. Basically if a wife's husband dies then she immolates her self. Some play with snakes as a form of worship, and some put a high value on asceticism. Some sects can get violent and some are usually benign. It depends.
>>
>>71853183
if youyd be ok with occasional bombing, you'd be shitting your pants. Ergo, you find the stretch of shit quite appealing. It's ok, your coprophagia secret is safe with us.
>>
>>71853183
Paki detected.
>>
>>71852991
Did you ever wonder if these religions aren't being influenced by whatever beings they're praying to and that is what builds these nations. I think it's a gang of angels that are pretty much always bullshitting mankind and they're trying to get us to destroy the Earth. Anywhere a EurAsian religious book goes, destruction will probably follow.
>>
"Hinduism" is a clear demonstration of the failure of western attempts to lump human self-expression into identifiable categories for the sake of drawing lines in the sand.

The majority of "Hindus" don't even acknowledge this institutionalized practice as having any validity.

It's similar to how "Paganism" became a religion instead of a limitless number of cultural expressions.
>>
>>71847726
Hindu's are peaceful as long as you are not in their cultural otherwise it's "My way or we burn you and your family alive after raping your children"
>>
>>71847726
Haven't heard of hindu suicide bombers.
>>
>>71847726
Yeah, fucking weird as shit peace full of rape and child marriage, but shit loads more peaceful than fucking Christianity or Islam
>>
>>71852899
>>71853183
dirty pakis please go
>>
File: 1304201464529.jpg (21 KB, 219x93) Image search: [Google]
1304201464529.jpg
21 KB, 219x93
>>71847726
>you will never relax with your bros in comfy Hindu water buckets after sipping mango smoothies and eating yummy spicy foods
>>
>>71853601

Well Hinduism is different in the way it doesn't really have a heaven or hell. You goes through reincarnation. Your deeds in this life, determine what you will do or become in the next one. if you reach the ultimate of Nirvana good for you.

An end of times isnt really an end as it's all very Battlestar Galactica like in the fact its has happened before and will happen again.

No one is trying to bring about end of days. it will simply happen. and the it will cycle its way through to life and good times again.

The Bhadvad Gita isn't an instructional manual like the Quran or Bible. Its a bunch of tales. I've always felt that Indians Moral code comes from its culture as opposed to purely religious doctrine.

As a religion. It's pretty based. I was a Hindu and i did nothing that made me a Hindu so to speak. i didn't' pray, go to a temple, obviously religious teachings, get taught by a priest. I literally did nothing.

When i learnt about how fuckign appalling and ridiculous Islam was, i simply had to apply he same logic to all religions, my own included. It's why Im an Atheist.

Don't ask me how ( i'm not fully sure) i know but Hinduism actually accepts atheism.. I still could be a Hindu after all.. But fuck it.. i'm red pilled enough to do my own shit.

That wasn't a poo in the loo joke.
>>
>>71847726
Is that a ghetto sensory deprivation tank
>>
File: images.jpg (18 KB, 402x366) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
18 KB, 402x366
There is a problem with hinduism in that there is no centralised church, so any geezer with a bit of knowledge of the vedas can call himself guru and set about abusing his position as he sees fit, fleecing his devotees and starting a cult. It's a bit like American evangelicalism like that. Also other positions are the opposite of this and the priests office is hereditary. This also leads to the Brahmins often abusing their positions. Add to this the strong culture in hinduism of believing in a link between the material and spiritual worlds which manifests itself in the giving of sacrifice and veneration of idols and fixed holy places and the potential for corruption is very great. Also some of the practices are straight up fucking mental, but it's a hugely varied religion.
>>
>>71847726
Looks comfy to be honest
>>
>>71847726
not gonna lie
sitting down inside a drum of warm water with your clothes on and surrounded by flowers seem pretty comfy as fuck
>>
Why are some of your gods blue skinned?
I walk past an Indian shop every day & they have a little blue skinned god doll in their window.
>>
>>71847726
Hinduism is kinda based along with Buddhism. Peaceful motherfuckers.

I'm a former Catholic (now atheist) and I think Christianity is a degenerate pile of bullshit. It's also retarded.

At least Hinduism and Buddhism have plenty of atheistic followers and sects, and make lots of musings into the nature of the universe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_cycle_of_the_universe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_cosmology
http://www.budsas.org/ebud/whatbudbeliev/297.htm

/pol/ spouts this meme about atheists being edgy neckbeards and it's a bit of a cancer. Christianity is a 2000 year old bluepill literally created by ancient Zionists and intentionally spread to the West.
>>
>>71854555
Honestly the rape was a surprise to me. I went to india in 2005 stayed for 3 moths and everyday in the papers i read bout a rape or some shit.

This is because of backward motherfuckers who have created a rod for thier own back.

Some fucks believe boys are less fo a burden then girls. TO mass infanticide occurred for years.It's skewed the birthrates so there are more blokes then girls. this is obviously going to cause a huge social problem.

Plus the fact is a very repressed society.. It's strange that the country that came up with the Karma Sultra is fucking repressed, but this has happened over centuries. It will take some time to change.. It has to ultimately if they want to become the world power that they are supposed to become.

Child Marriages happen in villages with extremely poor and most uneducated. Its against the law in india. Consider these people like backwards rednecks, wider society does not approve.

Even so. A child marriage isn't consummated until they are of age. ie. 15 /16 and remember they are both kids.. its not like one is a 30 year old man marrying a 6 year old child.
Not condoning it. just putting it into perspective.
>>
>>71855527
That's Krishna, he's uhh.. wacky. Mostly artist renditions, we wuz avatar n sheit
>>
>>71854417
i don't know what you're trying to say here.
>>
>>71855723
Edgy.

>muh christianity

Bluepill? Name me one hindu Empire that's on the same level as Christian Empires.
>>
>>71855375
My exact thought when i saw that
>>
>>71855833
Hindu's kill each other for any slight against their own doctrine. They don't care if you're not Hindu
>>
>>71855234
>>71855375
Indian Jacuzzi
>>
>>71847726
>Is Hinduism a religion of peace?

Probably not, but it certainly is a lot closer to a "religion of peace" than Islam is.
>>
>>71853183
this desu
>>
>>71855527

Where do you think the word Avatar comes from?
>>
File: cow-with-garbage.jpg (158 KB, 960x325) Image search: [Google]
cow-with-garbage.jpg
158 KB, 960x325
Hinduism is another garbage false religion that happens when people start going after idols and animal worship.

You'd think their cows were sacred to them if you listened to the propaganda.

Oh wait...
>>
>>71855893
I'm talking about the belief system itself. I'm not judging it by the fact that Christian western civilisation flourished. Also those empires would've been just as huge with or without the abrahamic bluepill the jews spread west. Rome was doing just fine before it (coincidentally fell after it), and ancient Europe did pretty good without Christianity.
>>
>>71855794
>he's uhh.. wacky
Right, because the other 'god' with the elephant face looks totally reasonable
>>
>>71847726
Define peace.
>>
>>71856053
That's one healthy ass looking cow though.
>>
>>71856215
like muslims always say

WE WUZ PEACEFULL AND SHIET

*explodes at bus station*
>>
>>71853183
Why do you represent India when you live in UK?
Speak for your queen and forget India faggot.
>>
>>71855919
These are extremists. and i don't mean extremest in the Muslim sense, where it's a large percentage, i mean in the christian sense as its a very small part considering.

I read reports of villagers burning down Churches because of missionaries trying to convert people or going on a Muslim killing spree.

But not that often desu.

I've hear more about rapes than anything else.

Yeah you get people who will perceive any thing as a slight.
>>
>>71855794
ok thanks.
Was there ever once a blue skinned race? (& not the smurfs.)
>>
RELIGION OF PEACE.

METAL AS FUCK.
>>
>>71856123
We wuz Sci fi

>>71856481
I'm not sure if there are references to blue skin in the scriptures, but probably not..
>>
>>71855017
If you study all those religions you'll catch a lot of commonalities. Reincarnation is real but I doubt god created us to "serve" him. Whatever the true God is, is well beyond us. I personally have given up on trying to find God. I'll love and appreciate the Earth until I die and then I'm sure I'll get dragged before the stupid lords of karma but hopefully I'll be brave enough to tell them to fuck off. EurAsian religions are the workings of evil beings, that's for sure.
>>
>>71856123
Elephant god > Ganesha > Remover of obstacles.

I can remember the basic story kinda

one god knocks on kids door, asks to come in to see his mother.
kid asys no, shes' in the shower.
god says let me in
kid says no
god chops kids head off.
mother goes nuts
god realizes he fucked up.
kills an elephant
attaches head. voila.

these are all supposed to be parables told in a way the human mind can understand.
But god damn, first animal human hybrid genome experiment success!
>>
>>71856495
KEK.

A christian kid would argue merits of Christianity when i were a kid. and we'd say why the fuck is Jesus wearing sandals and rags. Our gods wear gold son!
>>
>>71855527
It's krishna and he's obviously a genie if you look into it.
>>
>>71856481
Nope. He was just Blue.I'm not entirely sure if it was just blue because it represented darker skin.
>>
File: 1444860542140.jpg (190 KB, 704x820) Image search: [Google]
1444860542140.jpg
190 KB, 704x820
>>
>>71856898
Sure i think there is a common thread within most Religions.

I've never been religious. It was more a "just in case" thing for me. When i finally decided it was scary. there's no safety net. But it also forces you to make the most out of life. And its a load off my mind. it's given me a clarity of thought i didn't have before.

Each to their own. as long as it doesn't impact anyone else i don't care.
>>
>>71853183
t. mohammed bin al-raqqa
>>
File: no.jpg (143 KB, 615x727) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
143 KB, 615x727
Interested in a cargo cult?

Worship God instead.

Not giants, blue elephant demons and stupid false gods.
>>
>>71857288
I think the first two sets of pictures from Islam and Britain really fucks up your punchline.

Primarily because those building are there and there's more them and it's still India and only four pictures of dumps.

Maybe you could try a bit harder with Photoshop and come up with something that would actually get your point across.
>>
>>71857728
>false gods.
All gods are false.

And it's j wierd to be quoting scripture ad attaching deformed kids.

You fuckign weirdo.

Looks like a real life stretch Armstrong. Poor kid.
>>
>>71858251
God is real and you will have to deal with that eventually, either now or when it's too late.
>>
>>71858348
Thank Jesus I'm an atheist.
>>
>>71857728
That pic is why I say hinduism is fucked up. That shit is not normal.
>>
>>71849235
>tips fedora
>>
>>71852899
Designated bombing streets
>>
File: chinnamasta3.jpg (92 KB, 588x750) Image search: [Google]
chinnamasta3.jpg
92 KB, 588x750
me on the bottom
>>
File: 83a.gif (90 KB, 383x470) Image search: [Google]
83a.gif
90 KB, 383x470
>>71856053
>another garbage false religion
that's Jew talk
>>
File: 3264.jpg (50 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
3264.jpg
50 KB, 620x372
>>71858549
What does that have to do with Hinduism? You realize if the parents had access to medical test like they do in the states they would have probably aborted,, because they have no welfare state.

Whats fucked up is knowing your kids going to be a vegetable and still having them!
>>
>>71853183
t. Mohammed Ahmed Razak
>>
>>71858903
The Jews rejected God, though. Any Jew that accepted the messiah became 1 spirit with the rest of the people that accepted Him. The rest of them worship in vain and have been scattered abroad with no hope. When they repent, they will change their ways. They can be saved by God too.
>>
File: 07.July-1936-02.jpg (103 KB, 481x620) Image search: [Google]
07.July-1936-02.jpg
103 KB, 481x620
>>71859090
yes, shlomo
your Semitic shit belongs in the bin
>>
>>71847726

100% Pol tier pacifistic

http://www.christianpost.com/news/hindu-extremism-rising-7-years-after-mass-slaughter-of-christians-149260/
>>
File: RxID022.jpg (61 KB, 960x931) Image search: [Google]
RxID022.jpg
61 KB, 960x931
>>71859090
Ok buddy, it's time for your bedtime. You know how cranky you get when you haven't had 8 hours.
>>
>>71859189
>shlomo
I'm probably whiter than you to be quite honest.
Jews rejected God. The ones that didn't became Christians and are no longer Jews.
>>
>>71856467
>>71859283

Yep that was the christian killing i was referring to.. happened in 2008.
>>
>>71858938
I agree but I'm saying it's like that area gets extra dumped on with weird shit. Like that monkey boy that was born looking just like that stupid monkey god.This is why I say it's all bullshit. What fucking purpose would a true God have constantly doing super weird shit to mankind. Makes no fucking sense.
>>
File: yahweh.jpg (121 KB, 771x1000) Image search: [Google]
yahweh.jpg
121 KB, 771x1000
>>71859391
>>
>>71859283
>>71859283
although in the scheme of things
"Fides News Agency said that the detailed report of the investigation, which looks into the worst anti-Christian violence in India's history,"

100 Christians dead. The WORST massacre in INDIA'S HISTORY.

Not to belittle the killings. but 100 Christians dead in the whole of Indias history is pretty good going.
>>
>>71859737
I don't understand what your point is.
>>
File: 1460361298167.png (123 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
1460361298167.png
123 KB, 501x585
>>71859824
oh well never mind
>>
>>71859706

This could be a reason. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhopal_disaster
>>
>>71851631
Except hindu nationalists who torment Christians

Poo
>>
>>71860057
"Torment Christians"
kek. riiiigght. ok.
>>
>>71859871
You're implying that God is not real, and that I've been lured in to a Jewish trick, and I'm not really white because I'm not rolling around in mud and having sex with wolves in a hut?

When you look at modern day Jews, what do you see? These people have been cast out by God for rejecting Him. They called to have the penalty put on their own head and their children's heads.

If Christianity is a Jewish ploy to stop me from rolling around in the mud having sex with wolves, why do they hate it so much? Why do they teach every religion except Christianity to their kids? Why do Jews look lost and outcast?

You have literally been deceived in to hating Jews AND God, because you don't like the behaviour of people who rejected God, just because they call themselves His people.

You know how sad that is? No, you have blaspheming pictures of God saved on your computer because you associate Jews with God.

They rejected Him and Christians are His chosen people.

Don't bother replying to me if you're just going to post dumb blaspheming shit.
>>
>>71860270
H Hindus are alright aren't they /pol/?
>>
File: 1459600156412.png (56 KB, 536x628) Image search: [Google]
1459600156412.png
56 KB, 536x628
>>71860368
no I'm implying your messiah is a filthy kike
>>
>>71860447
I think we've conclusively proved they are a religion of peace. they may poo in designated streets, but religion wise they are pretty based.

i'm also saying this, ad i'm leaving this thread because i'm tired and want to go to sleep.
>>
atithi devo bhava
>>
>>71860368
THERE IS NO GOD. YOU HAVE BEEN WASTING YOUR TIME BELIEVING AND PRAYING.

WHEN YOU DIE NOTHING WILL HAPPEN. ALL YOUR THOUGHTS AND MEMORIES WILL BE GONE AND DIE WITH YOU.

NO ONE WILL REMEMBER OR CARE WHO YOU ARE OR WHAT YOU DID.

STOP WASTING YOUR TIME LEFT
>>
File: image.png (52 KB, 249x238) Image search: [Google]
image.png
52 KB, 249x238
>>71861154
>Coming from the guy shitposting on a Lebanese Frog Exchange.
>>
>>71861154
There is a God. A person born deaf has no frame of reference to understand sounds, or believe that sounds exist. And so a person born deaf has no right to tell a hearing person that sounds do not exist.

In this same way, what is foolishness to you is actually real. You will have to accept responsibility of denying God. Separation from God is agony, and God doesn't want to have to send you away from Him. Eternal punishment was not created for man, but the deceiver.
>>
>>71861687
Sounds are empirical, God isn't by definition.
>>
>>71861813
>Sounds are empirical
A deaf person cannot hear. They can only accept the testimony of people who can.

I know for a fact that God exists. Yet I cannot give you that gift, I can only try to, and tell you the truth.

Look for the truth in your lifetime, don't miss out on the opportunity to spend eternity with your loving creator.
>>
File: Crocoduck.jpg (57 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Crocoduck.jpg
57 KB, 500x500
>>
islam is
>>
>>71859737
>would worship/10
>>
>>71847726

Not as bad as Islam, but not as good as Christianity. I can care less really.
>>
Religion tier list

Christianity (Catholic & orthodox)
Protestant
Hinduism
Judaism
Islam
>>
>>71855527
Blue is meant to represent depth like an ocean. Since the major gods like vishnu and shiva are cosmic gods and habitats space or something. Basically it's mean to indicate the almost incomprehensible depth of the divine. Don't know if that is differs according to area but that's the opinion from a Brahmin priest I asked.
>>
>>71862947
(ammended)

1. Pre-christian native religions from Europe and the Americas ("pagans")
2. Buddhism
3. Yogic Hindu
4. other Hindu
POWER GAP
9000. Abrahamic in general
99999999999999. Judaism
>>
>>71860865
t. Poo
>>
>>71847726
No.

Jainism is.

94% literacy rate (in India), .5% of the population, and they pay 24% of the taxes.

Plus, they have a swastika on their flag.
>>
>>71859737
The God of the Bible is Jehovah you swine
>>
>>71847726

that looks comfy as fuck
>>
At its core, Hinduism is a very nice religion and has really cool Greek-tier mythology.
But that doesn't change the fact that Indians are disgusting.

t. 2nd gen indian-american from a basically agnostic Hindu family
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.