[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: noble savages.jpg (18 KB, 360x259) Image search: [Google]
noble savages.jpg
18 KB, 360x259
Was agricultural revolution a mistake?

Should we stayed as hunters-gatherers?
>>
Ancient Aliens
>>
Well if we stayed as hunters-gatherers we would have none of the social problems we have today, including feminism, vegans/vegetarians, etc.

Then again we'd likely have no internet and no place to shitpost on.
>>
>>71846400
If we can hold out until we have a breeding population on a second planet, all of this will have been worth it.
>>
>>71846400
We should have stayed reptilian and not interbred with monkeys
>>
>>71846550
Weren't tribes matriarchal back them? So feminism.

Also gatherers - vegans.
>>
>>71846752
Depends what tribes I guess.

You mentioned hunters-gatherers and I thought of that as one, so a balanced diet, not just veggies.
>>
>>71846550
>Implying cave paintings aren't shitposting.
>>
>>71846752
Some tribes were, the ones that weren't matriarchal turned into...
Civilisation.
>>
Yes it was a terrible mistake considering it opened the doors to growing weed which is the most degenerate plant on the planet. So the agricultural revolution was the most degenerate revolution ever.
>>
>>71846894
Check this rare MooMoo:
>>
File: lascaux2.jpg (120 KB, 598x450) Image search: [Google]
lascaux2.jpg
120 KB, 598x450
>>71848275
>>
>>71846400
No. Agrarian society made a nutritious diet more readily available and increased overall health and longevity in humans.

I do however think advanced technology, especially of the automated sort, is making us lazy and complacent, and our population is much too large.

This is why we have so many social issues. The goal of survival is no longer one that really requires much work, so now all we have to focus on are personalities. Personalities which were originally developed to keep a tribe mentality and work towards the common goal of survival and passing your genetics onto your children, but now it's intertwined with everything BUT survival in mind, and we're just making sense of it all in the wrong way and applying it to circumstances which aren't apt for survivalist tribalism in the first place.
>>
>>71848335
I wonder what was man that painted this thinking.

This literally blows my mind. Modern man exists aproximetly 40000 years. And our oldest writing records are about like.. 5 thausnds years old? SO what happened during these 35000 years?

Countless stories, legends, societies, just forgotten. How many were important inventions made only to be forgotten because rivaling tribe slaughtered inventor kinsman?

Recently there was archeological discovery and scientists concluded that they discovered another subspecies of man. So entire subspecies existed and we knew nothing about them.
>>
>>71846400
To be honest, I don't understand what's so bad about being a hunter gatherer. We all just want to chill out with our mates, maybe go on a few hunting trips with the lads, rough house each other.

Sounds like the life...
>>
>>71848594
>available and increased overall health and longevity in humans
I heard that crops based died caused many likenesses in early humans. Archeologists are able to compare skeletons of farmers and hunter-gatherers tribes and farmers had bad teeth, degenerated bones etc.
>>
>>71848726
until you hurt your finger and die of blood infection
>>
>>71846400
btw. how do we know that such a thing as neolitical revolution happened?

What is this bullshit based on?

Is this just another out of ass taken hypothesis of worthless germanic/anglosaxon social "science" like anthropology?

How do we know that there was a period without agriculture and people sitting on their ass still?
>>
>>71846752
A few but they quickly died out. Matriarchy simply isn't a sustainable system.
>>
>>71846400
Evolution was a mistake, we should be swinging from fucking trees in the jungle like good monkeys should, now we have all this crazy horseshit "civilization" and everybody is collectively insane.
>>
File: 1457580206182.jpg (25 KB, 259x383) Image search: [Google]
1457580206182.jpg
25 KB, 259x383
>>71850216
People don't just start growing crops out of instinct. We were evolved to hunt and gather.
>>
>>71850216
how is anthropology worthless? fucking slavic niggers.
>>
http://ranprieur.com/essays/machines.html

Worth a read
>>
>>71848594
>Agrarian society made a nutritious diet more readily available and increased overall health and longevity in humans
proof?
Apart from the readily availability, the longevity and health of farmers got worse afaik. We became weak manlets and started suffering from all sorts of diseases caused by higher population densities and prolonged contact with cattle.

Only nowadays we are getting better again.
>>
>>71846439
Underated
>>
http://ranprieur.com/essays/beyondciv.html

Posted the wrong one
>>
>>71848335
Thats a ney ney frog, not a moo moo
>>
>>71850825
>how is anthropology worthless? fucking slavic niggers

It's not accurate. Have you ever heard of the hoax called Margaret Mead

Anthropology pretends to be "scientific" and it's not, I guess philosophy may be even more accurate

>>71850714
>People don't just start growing crops out of instinct. We were evolved to hunt and gather
And how do we know that?
>>
>>71851352
>And how do we know that?
With nowadays tools we can even determine the diet of ancient people by analysing their remains. And on top of that, we can study their culture and their tools and see what they were up to.

The neolithic expansion in Europe is basically a solved topic.
>>
>>71846400
>hunter-gathering
>multiculturalism
Those things aren't related at all
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.