[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is bullying normal and healthy for a child's development?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8
File: bully.jpg (20 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
bully.jpg
20 KB, 320x320
Is bullying normal and healthy for a child's development?
>>
Anything shy of beating the hell of another kid (outside of hockey or football) is fine imo
>>
>>71843530
yes

during my childhood, if someone would have just slapped me and told me to stop being such a giant faggot, I would have turned out much better
>>
Normal? Yes.
Healthy? To an extent. It can give tougher skin, and teach someone to fight back. If it gets too serious, though, it becomes detrimental and causes more damage than it can prevent.

It basically all comes down to this: Is the child's father teaching him to deal with it, or is the mother.
>>
>>71843530
Not really, Americans get routinely bullied by niggers at school, and now look at them unconsciously screaming for help on /pol/ 24/7.
>>
>>71843615
To add to this, it's important that authority figures like parents and teachers train kids to combat bullying by improving upon flaws that the bullies target. Self-improvement is the best option in every situation.
>>
If you were bullied more you'd know anime's for faggots and you wouldn't be a virgin in your mid 20s.
>>
>>71843765
This.
Everything in moderation.
Conformity is necessary in any decent society (to an extent) and that means beating up the faggot that refuses to is also necessary.
>>
File: 1455977486508.jpg (33 KB, 500x636) Image search: [Google]
1455977486508.jpg
33 KB, 500x636
>>71843765
my mother teached me
didn't ended well
>>
>anyone can become a Hero
>even doing simple yet overlooked community services is heroic
>to prove how you don't need superpowers to be a hero, i'm going to give you the most overpowered superpower; use it well

i'm receiving mixed messages here sempai desu

also bullying--the lack thereof--is probably the prime reason millenials are such thinskinned complete fucking special snowflake faggots holy shit. Gen X still had to deal with getting shit and while they became jaded and nihilistic at least they could take a joke and wouldn't become so triggered they needed to go to their safe space to change their diaper if they got called a nigger on a Laotian origami BBS
>>
File: 1260237091700.gif (2 MB, 440x259) Image search: [Google]
1260237091700.gif
2 MB, 440x259
Depends on what you mean by 'bullying'.
Learning that people are inherently competitive in social situations and how to handle social conflict is an important part of everyone's development. The ability to deal with rejection, criticism and generally mean people are life skills everyone needs and it's easy to see the danger in completely sheltering kids from them until they are adults. So yes, for most kids, some bullying teaches valuable life lessons.

If you mean allowing a kid to be chronically harassed or beaten until they're traumatized by the experience, then no.
>>
>>71843765
I wish someone would have taught me to hit back when I was in school.
>>
No. Bullying is not an erotic or sexual thing when you're young. It's torturous and hateful and makes you feel isolated, alone, and absolutely shitty.
>>
No, most of the time, bullies are really fucking stupid and force you to conform to their own set of bullshit standards. It's completely unhealthy mentally.

Parents don't get a free pass either. I mean, if you act like a complete faggot and animal in public then yeah, you need to be lectured or punished. But other than that, parents need to fuck right off and let you do what you want to do.
>>
File: WizardLizard.jpg (288 KB, 981x1146) Image search: [Google]
WizardLizard.jpg
288 KB, 981x1146
>>71843530
bullying is healthy
it teaches a kid to toughen up and take hit as well as throw one, unless the kid's parent is either a pussy or a SJW in which case the kid would be doomed for life
>>
>>71843530
Yes
>>
>>71843530
Yes. They grow up to be fine police officers.
>>
Teasing and bantz makes for tougher kids

Bullying makes a kid feel completely alone and helpless, which leads to mental illness, and depression
>>
Bullying is not something that should be promoted or idealized, like a lot of edge-lord faggots preach on /pol/.

But, bullying will always be prevalent and a fact of life. You need to be able to handle such situations and not pretend it doesn't exist.
>>
If a whole class of kids bullies 1 kid, that whole class's grades will become better at the cost of making that one kid miserable. It also improves the class mood a lot, is a great stress reliever for everyone.
Bullying is for the greater good.
>>
>>71844102
The point is that heroism is a mindset and, since he already proved he had that mindset in spades, he was given a power which will help him use that mindset for greater things.
but yeah...
>>>/a/
>>
>>71843530
Yes, I bullied some faggot for skipping school and playing online games instead, I also played WoW and RO for few years, moderation and self discipline are important.
>>
>>71844479
not even edgy but furfags, ponyfags, numales, cucks, and extreme weebs deserved to be bullies untill they act like men
>>
>>71845125
You DO realize that those groups you cited normally end up being exactly what they are despite being bullied, don't you?
>>
File: 1336335718114.jpg (34 KB, 468x396) Image search: [Google]
1336335718114.jpg
34 KB, 468x396
Bullying is the reason I'm a NEET Hikkikomori of 5 years.

fuck you all, I tried to fight back then
>LOL YOU CAN'T FIGHT BACK XDDDD
>LOL WE GONNA EXPEL YOU FOR FIGHTING BACK XDDD
>JUST IGNORE EM AND BE YOURSELF

I hope they and their children get cancer.
>>
>>71845125

Bullying is targeting someone because of X, Y and Z.

What you probably mean is when you see negative behavior, you reprimand it. Sure.

Call the nu-male a faggot, don't assault him.
>>
Bullying has the possibility to save lives, straighten out the kinks that could otherwise flourish in the mind of a child and ruin his adulthood.

Shit like furrydom, autistic obsession etc.
>>
File: animetrap.jpg (98 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
animetrap.jpg
98 KB, 1280x720
I was bullied and it made me more of a beta than what I already am. So no there wasn't a benefit for me.
>>
>>71845322
No YOU are the reason you are a NEET Hikkikimori. Nobody locked you in your house you soft cunt.
>>
I was never bullied in school even though I wasn't a cool kid with lots of friends, I was just left alone.

Now look at me, thirty one years old, sitting here in my underpants on 4chan complaining about the jew problem.

Maybe bullying IS good for you.
>>
File: 1459171841513.jpg (11 KB, 250x318) Image search: [Google]
1459171841513.jpg
11 KB, 250x318
>My Hero Academia
Good taste OP
>>
>>71846008
Fuck off dude if your gonna allow bullying AT LEAST ALLOW ME TO FIGHT BACK WITHOUT REPERCUSSION.

But NO I was not allowed to settle it.

I'm supposed to sit their and take relentless assault.

I contemplated killing them at one point.

If I was allowed to fight back I could of settled it, fuck you.
>>
File: 1454877444847.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1454877444847.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>>71845322
Fucking this shit

I was average height, build, worked out, and started getting bullied.

I looked at myself every night, I analysed the way I walk, the way I dressed, the way I spoke. I couldn't figure out why they always chose ME,

My self esteem plummeted, and if I ever tried to fight back I'd get in trouble. Here's an actual story that happened to me.

>bullies jump out at me on my way home, film me jumping
>push me
>call me ugly
>tell teachers
>they get told to say sorry and everyone laughs at me, calling me a snitch
>they start a week later
>one day, drinking coffee I got on way home
>they do it again
>throw coffee on them
>they laugh and show the video to everyone the next day
>teachers talk about EXCLUDING me
>eventually have to apologise to THEM
>everyone laughs at me

End of rant, i'm sorry, but when ever some fag says 'lol bullying toughens you up' No, it fucking doesn't. It breaks you fucking down. if you want to make gains in life, you've got to have confidence, bullying takes that shit away.
>>
>>71846512
>I looked at myself every night, I analysed the way I walk, the way I dressed, the way I spoke. I couldn't figure out why they always chose ME,

I can see the problem, you're a fucking autismo.
>>
>>71846578
They obviously didn't SEE me doing that. I was a pretty normal guy, good friends, average grades, had a gf. Bullying is what lead me here.
>>
>>71843530
Yes and no. It really depends on how you define bullying. Teasing and shit, yeah, that I think helps a kid grow a thicker skin so that's good. Now, getting beat on mercilessly every day by 200+ niggers is how you create school shooters, so that'd be bad. Somewhere in between where they learn to toughen up but don't get pushed so far where they turn into psychotic autists is probably best if anything.

The people who bullied me in grade school were all massive faggots that essentially showed me what not to be.
>>
Sixth grade taught me most problems can be solved by kicking the right guy in the nuts.
>>
>>71843530
Let me guess...this thread is for the faggots who think that picking on smaller/weaker kids at school meant you're alpha as fuck?
Bullies don't bully because they are socially responsible for maintaining societal norms. They do it because they enjoy terrifying others.
Every bully I've ever seen - juvenile or adult - who had their intended victim back up on them turned into a spineless coward the second shit turned real and nasty for them.
You assholes are the worst dregs of humanity, and you actually think you're doing the world a favour?
If you were real men, you'd protect the weak, while teaching them (by example) not to be weak.
But you can't, can you? So you don't even try.
>>
>>71846512
>>71846578
in my case I think being forced to apologize to them was what pushed me over the edge.

What a broken fucking system, fuck them all.
>>
>>71847011
weakling detected
>>
It teaches kids how "the real world" works. All those leftist idiots either grew up in safe zones or got bullied, but didn't strive to do better than their bullies. Their grades suffered and their minds are easily misguided as adults.

Let a kid get bullied, but teach him how to properly stand up to bullies.

You will have changed their lives for the better.

>standing up to bullies now is telling the internet his personal information

>>
>>71847155
>hurr durr...Imma goin' tuant the faggot on the interwebz
>12 year old internet hard-guy detected.
You know it's true. If you actually think tormenting another human for amusement makes you a better person, you should just kill yourself. You are THE handbrake on social development. Shut-ins and school shooters are the only product you will ever create.
>>
What you guys think of bullying is pretty different from modern bullying. Gone are the days of fist fights and peer pressure, the real bullies these days are like the CIA agents of the student body, wily psychopaths who know exactly how everybody around them thinks and pit kids against each other with psychological warfare, all so they can sit back and watch a show. They grow up to be liars, politicians and serial killers, but their best memories will always be puppeteering those around them back in middle and high school. They are not the 6 foot jocks, they're the ones that get those jocks to attack you by floating rumors.
There is no defense against these kids. If you're not smarter than them you will lose every battle.
>>
>>71848294
This is very true.
I know someone who was a bully in middle school. He would do fist fights and just bully everyone basically. A girl from his class moved to mine because he bullied her and he told me to bully her. Ofc. I wouldnt because i didn't have a reason to do that.
Anyways in a period of time he changed a lot into what you explain. He just bullies in a more indirect way instead
>>
>>71843530
I used to get bullied for coming from a family with less income than my peers, it only got me early childhood depression which devolved further when my family's solution was medication and spanking.

So the answer is "no". Kids bully others for stupid reasons. There is little rhyme or reason.
>>
>>71844119
What does that help if you are getting cornered by little gangs or by older kids?
>>
>>71843530
Was anyone else just completely left out?
I'd go goes some days without talking to anyone or anything being directly said to me
I'd look at the kids being bullied or simply being picked on with longing sometimes
I'm sure I would have felt differently if people really were teaming up on me but at the time I was weirdly jealous
>>
>>71843530
Look around you and the results of the "No bullying" campaigns of the last 25 years.

Spineless faggots with coloured hair and temper tantrums.

Schools need fight clubs starting in grade 3.
>>
>>71848536
most "bullies" are kids with emotional baggage that can't help but react to people. The real monsters see this and give them little nudges and suggestions until they "break" and take it out on the nearest weakling. Girls are even more diabolical when it comes to this, working to brutalize each other's souls instead of their bodies.
I remember there were these two girls who my sister knew in high school that pretended to be a guy and set up a fake relationship with a girl she knew, only to reveal it as fake as soon as the girl said she loved him online. One of them got sent to a correctional school later.
Teenage girls can be downright fucking evil.
>>
>>71848924
>kids are weak and spineless these days
>let the evil monster kids deal with it
Fucking moron's like you are half the problem!
>>
>>71848676
I learned that skill too, to be invisible. I didn't even eat lunch in the cafeteria, I'd gobble mine down in 5 minutes and spend 55 minutes reading Stephen King or doing homework in the library
>>
The fact that most of you think bullying is ok is sick. My best guess is most of you bullied someone at one point in your life. I agree with /pol/ on many things but this is actual shit
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.