[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should everyone be allowed to vote?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: do-your-part.jpg (123 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
do-your-part.jpg
123 KB, 1024x576
Hear me out here, /pol/!

With this election I'm seeing more and more idiots talking about the candidates, who to vote for and why than any election before.

But, what I'm also seeing is people slandering candidates over the stupidest things and also choosing their candidates without actually looking at all into their policies. They're just going off of what Daquisha from accounting shared on Facebook. So it's pretty much

>I'm voting for Bernie because free stuff
>I'm voting for Hillary because she's a woman.
>I'm voting for Trump because MAGA
>I'm voting for Cruz because fuck trump.

>Getting to the point
It begs the question: Should all U.S. citizens be allowed to vote?

I was watching starship troopers last night and their voting system made sense! You have to EARN your right to vote.

Now, I'm not saying that everyone needs to get their legs blown off in the military, I mean the military is over manned as it is. But, I was thinking maybe like an OPTIONAL post high-school program(not a college course) that people can attend that teaches them how politics works, economics and how it affects them, and the importance of local government voting as well.
Once completed they can go to the DMV and take the test to get their voting license

That way, only those who are able to make an educated decision can vote.

What do you guys think?

Sorry but not really for all the questions.

Discuss
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 276x182) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 276x182
Just gonna bump this once or twice because it's a long text
>>
File: 1k suns rage.gif (1 MB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1k suns rage.gif
1 MB, 150x150
Read the book you fucking loser. It makes the point that franchise should be restricted far better than the movies does. The movie is about "how societies at war become fascist" according to the director. The book also makes arguments about how women and men should both be allowed into combat, but in different roles because of the biological difference between them.

Wtf is wrong with people, why don't they read?
>>
>>71843664
True, but that's not the topic of discussion.
>>
>>71843387
No, create a infrastructure program where people are forced to work hard labour fixing country's infrastructure between the age of 18-22 ,only those that complete it get to vote.
>>
>>71843387
>Once completed they can go to the DMV and take the test to get their voting license
Such things have been tried before, usually to block niggers, but in the modern political climate once you introduce such measures the SJWs would use it to block whites from voting. Whites are already privileged enough, why should they also get to vote? You see, not a good idea.
>>
>>71843807
While I like the idea, this is America. People here won't get off their fat lazy asses to do that shit. It won't even get passed as a bill.

>Muh diabeetus
>Muh disabilities
>>
>>71843855
That's what I was afraid of, but of course if you market it the right way as an equal opportunity for all, at the end of the day if the niggers want to complain the only person they'll have to blame is themselves for not voting.

But, in order to actually make it equal opportunity it would definitely have to be free and have a standardized curriculum.
>>
>>71843855
You just have to make it easy to quit, and make it easy to enforce the work requirement. I still think military service should be used, then grab the people out of that and make them build roads in the middle of no where with hand tools.

The service needs to be dangerous, uncomfortable and easy to quit. If you quit, you get nothing, if you stay and meet expectations you get your right to vote.
>>
>>71844549
Again, great idea but,

>I wanna vote but can't do the work Cuz I'm a fat lazy shit with diabeetus and a medical marijuana card.
>This system is oppressive!
>>
>>71844549
However, military service automatically grants voting rights after honorable or medical discharge. That would be cool.
>>
>>71844796
I'm not saying that we could ever get there ourselves, but the book's concept was that it had to be something that was earned. It was partly about giving back to society, and partly to make sure that you took that right to vote as something sacred, because you'd poured your sweat and blood out to get it.

Fighting in the military was one option, but a lot of people didn't qualify, so they went and did dangerous mining operations out in the asteroid fields for a decade. But it's mentioned that even a blind and dead paraplegic could do their service time--they'd find something for you even if it meant counting the hairs of caterpillars by touch for 15 years, that by the end of your time doing it that right to vote was something you'd truly feel was hard-earned and would be used carefully.
>>
>>71845275
Exactly, but it would take generations to get to that level of severity. But, we should definitely create some level of sacrifice to earn that right. Perhaps the answer is both? The option between infrastructural labor or a continuation course.

What about prisoners? Should this be able to benefit them?
>>
>>71843387
Didn't you guys already tried this in a form of Superdelegates whose votes are more importanter than other votes? It only lead to corruption and buying votes. On the other hand politicians tend to appeal to certain voting groups like Hispanics or blacks with different policies. It would be a political & bureaucratic nightmare to clarify who is allowed to vote and what would be the required conditions.
>>
>>71845903
I'm saying people shouldn't even be able to vote on their delegates without earning it. This is why education on local government voting policies is important because the rules are different in pretty much every fucking state and no one knows what exactly is happening
>>
>>71846161
In the fundamental principle your idea is good i mean earning the right to vote but i see enormous bureaucratic issues in legislating it. What you gonna call it? Respect points on a iq test sheet?
>>
>>71846428
No, call it the same as the book and movie, the difference between a civilian and a citizen.
>>
>>71846633
I don't listen to hip-hop. God help this world, while the young Americans are inspired by 'new' ideas.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.