[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can anyone consider themselves redpilled and still be religious?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 10
File: Religions of the World.png (181 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Religions of the World.png
181 KB, 2000x2000
How can anyone consider themselves redpilled and still be religious? I'm not talking about believing in some vague entity that may or may not have created the universe, I'm talking about specific adherence to an established and organized faith.

I want religious /pol/lacks to explain to me how they reconcile awareness with how the world actually functions, with the nonsensical beliefs posited by Christianity, or Islam, or any other religion with particular dogma.
>>
File: cFV5GyB.gif (2 MB, 312x250) Image search: [Google]
cFV5GyB.gif
2 MB, 312x250
i'm not religious but you are a fucking faggot
>>
>>71840465
who /shinto/ here

Praise Amaterasu
>>
>>71840708
Good argument my man, I've always considered frogs to have a predisposition for intellectual debate
>>
>>71841157
A FUCKING LEAF
>>
>>71841251
good post my fellow leaf, were you a little upset I ignored your shitpost in favour of the froggy's?
>>
>>71841365
>shitpost

Stop discriminating, it's 2016, you don't get to berate me for being Shinto. Speak to me like that again, I will strike you down with the fury of Bishamonten
>>
>>71840465
I am too scared of going to Hell, so I just ignore all obvious inconsistensies, assuming I may be misunderstanding something.
>>
File: mysteries.png (60 KB, 904x692) Image search: [Google]
mysteries.png
60 KB, 904x692
>>71840465
Nah OP, you're ignorant. You only know about BS Semitic religions. Hinduism, Buddhism, Kekism and the like aren't organized religions at all. But the Jews fear them like crazy and they like to ridicule them.
>>
File: christ-in-gethsemane.jpg (172 KB, 863x1080) Image search: [Google]
christ-in-gethsemane.jpg
172 KB, 863x1080
Man fell by eating the forbidden fruit, and Man will be saved by eating the bidden fruit, the blood-red Christ fruit that hangs from the cross-tree. That is the ultimate redpill.

Also /pol/ is a Christian board, if you want do discuss fedoramancy, I suggest fucking off back to >>>/reddit/
>>
>>71840465
You need anouther red pill if you think we can't. God helps me face the harsh reality we live in. It also gives me hope!
>>
>>71842429
Don't you see that hell is just a tool to compel belief for the exact reason you posited?

>>71842535
But those other religions hold similarly nonsensical beliefs, even if they're not as organized.

>>71842775
But the Garden of Eden has already been proven to not ever have existed?

let me guess, 'muh devil'

>>71842930
But it's so obviously false.
>>
>>71843172
>Don't you see that hell is just a tool to compel belief for the exact reason you posited?
Maybe, what if it isn't?
>>
>>71840465
Hinduism best religion but can't stand by it today as white Christians and Jews have taken control of the world.
>>
>>71843521
Buddhism makes more sense t b h.
>>
File: 1457202419985.jpg (112 KB, 419x536) Image search: [Google]
1457202419985.jpg
112 KB, 419x536
>>71843172
It's your choice, but question everything and focus on what's important: your life.
>>
What is wrong with being a buddhist?
>>
>>71840465
God himself told me that he exist.

First I thought he was a demon, but he assured that he was actually God
>>
File: religion tier.png (155 KB, 1172x471) Image search: [Google]
religion tier.png
155 KB, 1172x471
>>71843521
Stay strong poo in loo, hinduism is the one true religion.

>>71843602
>>71843560
Buddhism and Hinduism are two sides to the same coin, but Buddhism denies the ego in order to realize Brahman while Hinduism accepts the ego and attempts to direct it toward enlightenment. Both can lead to nirvana, but Buddhism's approach is pretty shitty. By telling someone to surrender their desire, you are merely changing their desire to surrendering. It's self-defeating unless one gets a breakthrough. Hinduism is more about tantra, Buddhism is about yoga. Tantra means technique, it's about focusing attention on your desires to direct them to enlightenment, while yoga is about fighting against your desires directly, which as mentioned above is self-defeating.
>>
Buddhism isn't a religion. Mediating and shut is not a religion. Christianity is the best religion and turning your back on it is turning your back on the greatest source of knowledge available.
>>
>>71843521
I tried to read an article about hinduism but I didnt fuckin understand anything. The article didnt even clearly say do you believe in one or many gods, but that many gods are different 'faces' an 'aspects' of some shit named Brahman. Care to explain?
>>
>>71843327
It is. There's no reason to think that there's some magical pit of fire and brimstone where you burn for all eternity, because it goes against common sense about what we know of the world, and it clearly includes things that a mortal man like Dante could imagine. Hell wasn't even a concept in early Christianity.

>>71843587
The picture is disingenuous. Clearly some things are more provable than others, we know that chemicals in our brain produce certain functions through objective observation.

>>71843602
There's still some dogma associated with it, like reincarnation.

>>71843907
You sound like a schizophrenic friend, I would see a doctor.
>>
>>71842429
Trust yourself and trust your rationaity and logic. Hell is only a tool to scare you into submission.
>>
File: fedoramancers BTFO.png (191 KB, 1024x370) Image search: [Google]
fedoramancers BTFO.png
191 KB, 1024x370
>>71843172
>the Garden of Eden has already been proven to not ever have existed
>>
>>71844384

We don't really have any knowledge of what happens after death, though.

For me it makes no sense that there's eternal darkness afterwards. I don't associate with any religion, but I believe there's something after death.
>>
>>71840465
>being irreligious
>redpilled

>>71840935
Are you really or shitposting?

>>71842230
>Bishamonten
>Shinto
Hindu pls
>>
>>71844384
>we know that chemicals in our brain produce certain functions through objective observation.
>objective
You're trusting your brain to tell you what is or is not an objective observation. How do you know you're not a brain in a vat? How do you know the universe didn't start 5 seconds ago with all of your memories? What if it's all a hallucination?

>reincarnation
If there's no difference between the components of you and the components of me, why do we appear as individuals? Reincarnation seems like a pretty logical conclusion from that premise.

>>71844952
Parmenides basically BTFO'd all notion of eternal "darkness" when he denied creation ex nihilo. If you exist then you cannot no longer exist, as something that exists cannot pass from something to nothing, and nothing cannot become something. Transformation in form can occur, but you must exist forever.
>>
>>71845439
This american is right.
>>
>>71843521

I agree with you, Based Indian. Hinduism is the best religion, although it is more accurate to call it 'a way of life'.

>>71844120

Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism are all children of Hinduism. Yoga isn't about fighting your desires, in fact it isn't about fighting ANYTHING you stupid American faggot. 'Yoga' simply means 'union' in Sanskrit and refers to the union of individual consciousness with Universal Consciousness (which you can call 'God', if you want). Individual consciousness is like a wave and Universal Consciousness is the ocean which that wave is a part of. Hinduism's central teaching is that Atman (Self) is identical to Brahman (God). Hinduism is more about yoga than tantra. Tantra is much more specific than yoga.
>>
File: yogi.jpg (74 KB, 624x850) Image search: [Google]
yogi.jpg
74 KB, 624x850
>>71846215

In the ancient Sanskrit language of India, the word 'siddhi' means 'perfection'. In its most common usage, the word 'siddhi' refers to an ability that is a natural and inherent faculty of our true identities as eternally alive souls. The soul is smaller than an atom and larger than the universe. The soul is infinitely small and infinitely large. The soul is ALL-PERFECT AND EVER-PERFECT. The soul is the storehouse of ALL ENERGY, ALL POWER AND ALL STRENGTH. The soul is PURE CONSCIOUSNESS. The soul possesses ALL siddhis and there are an INFINITE number of siddhis. Among all of these siddhis, there are considered to be eight major siddhis. Siddhis can be awakened through a variety of methods. In Patanjali's Yoga Sutras IV.1, it is stated:

"Siddhis may be attained through birth, the use of herbs, incantations, self-discipline or samadhi."

Here is a list of the eight major siddhis (in no particular order):

Laghima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as light as you want.

Garima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as heavy as you want.

Mahima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as large as you want.

Anima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as small as you want.

Prapti siddhi: Having unrestricted access to any and/or all places.

Prakamya siddhi: Fulfillment of whatever you desire.

Isitva siddhi: Control over any and/or all of the laws of nature.

Vasitva siddhi: Being able to control any and/or all beings.

"A man is a god in ruins. When men are innocent, life shall be longer, and shall pass into the immortal, as gently as we awake from dreams." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
>>
File: universalform.jpg (237 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
universalform.jpg
237 KB, 600x750
>>71846338

What we call 'reality' is holographic in nature, so we are in fact smaller versions of the whole (which you can call 'God', if you want). Every part of the whole contains the whole and, to be more accurate, IS the whole. And just as a drop of water contains the same qualities as an entire ocean of water, we likewise contain all that is within us - but merely on a smaller scale.

"To see a world in a grain of sand
And a heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour." - William Blake
>>
File: kali-with-ramakrishnar.jpg (143 KB, 894x546) Image search: [Google]
kali-with-ramakrishnar.jpg
143 KB, 894x546
why is she so qt bros?
>>
>>71840465
I'd say I'm redpilled and Catholic, but I still have enough respect for my fellow man.

I'm not welcoming muslim migrants any time soon but I still think we should send aid
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.