[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Diabetes Cure Ignored
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 12
File: 215675861-IMG_20140211_164212.jpg (221 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
215675861-IMG_20140211_164212.jpg
221 KB, 2048x1536
http://www.nature.com/nm/journal/v21/n4/full/nm.3820.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botanical_identity_of_soma–haoma

Last year, researchers discovered an alkaloid in Syrian Rue (a candidate for the long lost Soma) cured diabetes in mice, interacted with DNA, and caused regrowth of human insulin cells.

Yup, a plant derived alkaloid has cured diabetes and the world is ignoring it.

But the world instead spends $400 billion US on the disease, and donations into research are manipulated, too.

This disease is worth too much money to cure. But some brave researchers put this information out waiting for someone to put the pieces together.
>>
>>71839933
>This disease is worth too much money to cure.

It goes the other way as well, whoever gets the cure first is filthy rich, so your arguments is bogus.
>>
>>71840099
You're a moron. You can't get rich off of an alkaloid that is already available in plants across the globe.

That's like finding out green tea cures diabetes and expecting to become filthy rich. You can buy this plant on eBay for $5-10, no one can get rich off of it, especially considering the alkaloid is present in many plants.
>>
>>71840099
Long-term treatment/ management is not a cure.

An implanted artificial pancreas may control blood sugar, but the person is still diabetic, and must still pay exorbitant fees for treatment and medical technology.

This is a plant based alkaloid. Think of it like THC. Pharmaceutical companies know these plants will destroy revenue.
>>
>>71840628
>>71839933

>what is supply and demand
>>
>>71841460
Supply and demand? It is a way to tell people what they want.

The people don't know about this. Which is why I'm trying to bring it to the forefront, so the demand can be created.

You can't demand what you don't even know exists.
>>
>>71841460
Or are you implying that somehow someone can control the supply and demand for dozens of different unregulated plants across the entire globe?

Maybe. But it would still be 1000 times cheaper than anything engineered. An insulin pump has less tech in it than a gameboy color and costs 5-10,000 USD. What do you think an artificial pancreas will cost?
>>
File: Syrian_Rue_Seeds.jpg (251 KB, 702x360) Image search: [Google]
Syrian_Rue_Seeds.jpg
251 KB, 702x360
>>71839933

It's very important that you understand how dangerous Syrian Rue is, they're small seeds that even if one little tiny seed is ingested it triggers something like a pseudo fever. It is highly poisonous, rose to some prominance as it interacts with inert psychodelic compounds, making the mixing of it into a powerful halucinogen.

I can't say what effect it has on diabetes, but this is something you do not want to experiment with.
>>
>>71839933
start a company that sells it then and become filthy rich while saving millions of lives. i mean your the only one in the world good enough to do that right? go ahead. ill wait to hear about some fucking idiot winning the Nobel prize for curing diabetes.
>>
Apathy will be the demise of our civilization. We've already let it calcify and blind our perceptions. We choose to let our brothers and sisters die and suffer, because we're too lazy to even entertain ideas we feel don't directly apply to us.

It keeps people scattered, and weak. Instead of helping to share information that can save lives, we ignore or even ridicule that very information.

It is human nature. From burning witches, and hanging heretics, to ignoring cures right in front of us. Our beliefs are manipulated, and our egos are too powerful to let is see that.
>>
>>71839933
>Then, they transplanted the islets into diabetic mice. They used far fewer than were necessary to cure the mice’s diabetes. Dosing the mice with harmine triggered the beta cells to multiply enough that they could restore the mice’s blood sugar levels to normal.

A lot of drugs start out this promising. Until they realize that the increased growth was due to the drug activating oncogenes and allowing the metastasized donor cells to proliferate in the immunocormpromised body of the host animal.
>>
>>71842227
This is very false. The science you are citing is inherently flawed, because it was done with a synthetic analog of Harmine, and not an alkaloid extraction.

This is the same type of research that fooled people into thinking pot was dangerous. If you can't understand the research at a deep level, all you can do is recite it as fact... in which case, it is no better than a religious zealot reciting scripture.

In harmines natural form, and in the doses used, side effects will be minimal and likely controlled by the correct diet (surprise, another thing we've known about these compounds for millennia).
>>
>>71842805

uh no, this is from personal experience, if you take Syrian Rue seeds, you will get sick and if you take enough you will die.

You are talking about an extracted alkaloid, but imagine some neckbeard wants to cure his diabetes and orders this shit online. You should not take Syrian Rue for any reasons, even if pyschodelic ones.
>>
>in mice
And that's how you know an article is clickbait. Come visit us in /sci/ to learn more.
>>
>>71842793
Read the article, the specific pathway of mediation is outlined. If you have questions, please let me know. This study was well performed and deserves to be read, not dismissed on account of previous studies failing. That is a highly dogmatic approach that leads to self-fulfilment of conceptions.
>>
File: Mysterious Merchant.gif (4 KB, 452x523) Image search: [Google]
Mysterious Merchant.gif
4 KB, 452x523
>>71842227
>>
>>71843042
Do you know the doses used in this study? Can you calculate the dose in relation to your body weight?

Please, do. You'll see your ego made you abuse the plant to try and chase a high. That is like overdosing on an opiate and saying it can't be used safely. Knowledge and moderation.

Please save your time, personal insults are the banter of children. I'm not condoning self-medication. I'm saying this needs to be the priority of diabetes research.
>>
>>71843055
>in mice

Think you can make this research happen in humans? No way. So, implant human cells in mice. This is not a new concept, and anyone remotely familiar with academic science can understand such a model.
>>
>>71839933
>Diabetes Cure Ignored
Diabetes is becoming a big problem in the first world. I doubt it get ignored.

I hope diabetes 1 get cured. But diabetics type 2 are fat fucks and deserve it.
>>
>>71842227
>but this is something you do not want to experiment with.
kill yourself. this is precisely why people experiment, to be able to extract useful things out or otherwise useless things
>>
>>71841882

>Or are you implying that somehow someone can control the supply and demand for dozens of different unregulated plants across the entire globe?

Absolutely, how many people do you really think have these plants readily available, the technology to synthesize the chemicals in question into an effective treatment, or the initiative to even do that in the first place?
>>
>>71843269
>>71843386

don't let me stop you from ingesting all the wonderful Syrian Rue you can get your hands on.

I self experimented not to get high but for personal research, as there was a rumor going around that Syrian Rue by itself would induce hallucinations, which it probably will but not the enjoyable kind.

on 3 ocassions i took 1, 2, and 4 seeds. every time i had about 3-5 hours of flu like symptoms, which is exactly what much older research on the seeds had said, in fact it was used to induce fever.

extracting an alkaloid is not the same thing as ingesting a seed. Trying to sell the idea that this is some miracle cure for diabetes is either some kind of troll or extremely ignorant. if that study extracted an alkaloid, there is no way to guage how much of that alkaloid is in any given seed, and trying to find out is foolhardy. No one in their right mind would give out this kind of advice.
>>
>>71839933
These things normally take years to go through tests. IF it were only discovered last year, I wouldn't be too surprised that it hasn't made it big yet.
>>
>>71839933
Which TYPE? Type 1 or 2? I'm Type 1, so unless this shit fixes your immune system and pancreas, it's not a cure for all diabetes.
>>
>>71843695

yes, yes goy, i'm trying to keep you from a wonderful miracle cure. you found me out. there is no difference between an extracted alkaloid under highly controlled parameters in a safe environment on mice and you just buying the seeds and chomping on a handful.

Go right ahead, forget i said anything
>>
>>71839933

Developing a cure is not a good business model, because you can only sell it once.

Developing a medicine that is needed every day is superior because you can sell it to patients everyday for the rest of their lifes.

The diabetes game is over because medication that's needed daily already exists and that's the highest you can achieve as a pharmaceutical business.
>>
>>71844013
>and you just buying the seeds and chomping on a handful.
are you retarded? when I talk about experiments, I'm talking about scientists doing actual science, not some amerifat eating it
>>
>>71843042
God forbid someone takes their health into their own hands instead of paying out the ass and waiting to die from an infection.

We live in an era where parrots repeat information they can't understand, speaking in half-truths, rewarding themselves with self-regulated releases of dopamine.

This is so powerful, we'll even argue with people who clearly know more, or have a factual basis to the argument, because we can't be wrong. We won't get that same tingly feeling of proving we're better than that other guy.

Ignore that feeling, and please approach this information objectively.

1. Researchers screen thousands of compounds based on potential interactions
2. They find ONE promising compound, which happens to be a plant derived alkaloid
3. Turns out, we've been using this as medicine already, for thousands of years.
4. And the research demonstrated effectiveness, curing diabetes in mice by proliferating human insulin cells.
5. The same year, pharmaceutical companies release plans for the first implanted artificial pancreas.

Any functioning mind can connect those dots. There is no money in this research, so it isn't happening.
>>
>>71844083
big pharma is fucked up
>>
>>71843969
Both. But from the paper the OP linked it's not as simple as eating that plant.

>>71844013
As long as you're not consuming the plant in very high quantities and the plant is not toxic, I doubt that experimenting will kill you. Having said that I also doubt that just eating it is going to do anything.
>>
>>71844140

>are u retarded

can you fucking read? what part of anything i wrote suggested i was against research by real scientists? is this a forum full of enterprising scientists? not being VERY clear on the distinction between a Syrian Rue alkaloid and Syrian Rue the seeds that anyone can by online, i felt, deserved a fair bit of warning.
>>
File: incredulous.jpg (51 KB, 400x478) Image search: [Google]
incredulous.jpg
51 KB, 400x478
>>71844294
>>71844431
>>
>>71841882
Do you really think people could just gather these plants themselves, chop them down, and cure their diabetes just like that? The useful compound has to be isolated and delivered in large concentrations to be of any real medicinal use.
>>
>>71843824
Please google these plants, then you will realize that this is a far grander scale than you are envisioning. It would be nigh impossible to truly restrict a broad class of plants encompassing the globe.
>>
>>71844431
>>71844544
My bad I didn't see your first post. I thought it was a harmless plant like green tea.
>>
>>71843185
Lot of stuff that sounds promising like this end up being disappointing. From what I could gather they first transplanted and then used the medication to cause growth of transplanted cells. So what you're looking at in a best case scenario is a treatment that involves transplantation combined with medication. From this it arises a whole bunch of 'if's'.
>>
>>71844566
>Please google these plants, then you will realize that this is a far grander scale than you are envisioning. It would be nigh impossible to truly restrict a broad class of plants encompassing the globe.

Like the other guy said, if it's highly toxic then it can be very easily regulated. Either you buy from the patented brand or you risk dying.
>>
>>71843861
>extracting an alkaloid is not the same thing as ingesting a seed. Trying to sell the idea that this is some miracle cure for diabetes is either some kind of troll or extremely ignorant. if that study extracted an alkaloid, there is no way to guage how much of that alkaloid is in any given seed, and trying to find out is foolhardy. No one in their right mind would give out this kind of advice.

DO YOU KNOW HOW TO EXTRACT THIS ALKOID?

HARMINE IS DERIVED FROM SYRIAN RUE, AND OTHER PLANTS. No one is as stupid as you, and suggesting to much on some seeds to cure diabetes.

Would you eat a bunch of pot buds, then wonder why your stomach hurts and you still have cancer?

Ignorant people like you are keeping this corruption alive. You admited you wanted to get high. You were abusing the plant from the very start.
>>
There are multiple types of diabetes. Regenerating cells with defective receptors/channels doesn't help.
>>
I worked in a lab that was working on a gene therapy for type 2 for awhile. I quit after the FDA told us, via letter, that our application to advance to human trials was denied after successful animal trials due to the fact that part of the FDA mandate is to protect already existing industries present in the US and that a gene therapy for type 2 could upset the economy in a very negative fashion.
>>
>>71843915
Or it never moves forward, like THC. The US government has held a patent on it, as a neuroprotectant since the 70s, and it is still federally illegal.

How many diabetics can survive 40-50 years before this gets the attention it deserves?

This thread already shows how invalid research has manipulated public opinion. The only way to combat misinformation, is with information.

You think I want to spend my weekend trying to get people to see this? It is my burden, because I have the education and academic experience to understand all of this, including the ease with which such discoveries can be subjugated through false research an manipulation of public opinion.

You have to understand that 400 billion dollars a year means there is a lot of dirty money lining pockets. Apathy is the most exploitable emotion today. You can pay people not to care, even if they don't realize it.

"Hey, you have another 30k in funding, but let's look into X instead".

It is all about maximising profits.
>>
>>71842227
>"Dude, snake poison is very dangerous, you should not experiment with it!"
>>
>>71844083
But it isn't game over, because now we can share information instantly. That's what these researchers did, and that's what I'm trying to do.

There more people that realize >>71844328

And that they will die before a legitimate cure is ever entertained... the more people that will speak up, and transcend the shackles of apathy.

Really, all it takes is enough people getting angry, and loud. There is way more research into THC than 10 years ago, and it only started because brave people were forced to self medicate, or die.

There are children alive, because their parents were brave enough to not fear the overstretched hand of the government. And then we find out how much of the body of research was falsified... the system is designed to disenfranchise.
>>
>>71845408
>The only way to combat misinformation, is with information.

then how about providing some information besides prattling on like a moron about researchers and studies you wont cite
>>
>>71839933

America wouldn't ignore this.

>Eat all the junk food you can imagine and cure your beetus!
>American population becomes so large they bust the waistline of trumps wall
>Mexicans pour over and take all jobs
>Spaghetti everywhere
>>
>>71844437
You are projecting your own confusions. Worry about your own understand, personal growth comes from within. I have presented all of the information to you, and only you can choose to truly understand it, I cannot do that for you. Quit your ego and understand this is not a competition, there are no winners or losers. This is free information, and I'm compelled to share it.
>>
>>71840628
>ou can buy this plant on eBay for $5-10, no one can get rich off of it, especially considering the alkaloid is present in many plants.
Just buy the chemistry kit, the plant, and get the active ingredient yourself then.
>>
>>71844545
Does the word alkaloid scare people? Do you not realize, you could extract it easily in your own home? If anything, it would create jobs in third world countries, and worst case, people will grow their own plants like with cannabis.
>>
Only fat people get diabeetus so I don't care.
>>
>>71846440
wrong
>>
>>71846517
Fat person detected.
>>
>>71846561
where's your leaf?
>>
>>71839933
white man truly is the devil.
>>
>>71845856

People with diabetes will remain a minority nobody cares about for a long time. That uprise you dream about will not happen.

When diabetes threatens to become mainstream pharmaceuticals will just adjust their strategy accordingly.
>>
>>71844650
Not necessarily. I'm going to invest my time countering this point, so please invest your time considering it.

Human cells were implanted into gene controlled mice, that were bred to have type one diabetes. Human cells were implanted, but in a number small enough to not function (this is to mimic type one diabetes, where 1-2% of pancreatic beta cells are still alive). The scientists were able to characterize the pathway by which the alkaloid caused proliferation.

In this example, designed to mimic a type one diabetic, the mice were cured within the scope of the study.

The researchers recommend utilizing the channel, with an engineered compound that does not exhibit side effects.

Which will likely never happen, as our last attempt had far more side effects. Kind of like synthetic cannabinoids versus natural THC. Plus, there is no financial incentive for anyone to engineer such a drug.
>>
>>71845408
Don't worry anon. I'm sure you reached at least some people who will look deeper into this.
At least I find this topic somewhat interesting
>>
>>71844725
Please consider the toxicity of every cleaner in your home. Every fluid in your car. What about over the counter medications? Even water will kill you if there is too much.

Safety and toxicity are the same spectrum, at different ends. Homeostasis means that anything can be safe, or toxic, depending upon the concentrations.
>>
>Syrian Rue

Isn't this a potential ingredient for Ayahuasca? Possibly an MAOI source?
>>
>>71844862
>Regenerating the cells that produce insulin, the lack of which causes diabetes, won't help diabetes

Did in the mice. I've displayed the truth. If you can't align it with what your ego considers to be more important truths, then I cannot help you to view the information objectively. You know that the truths you hold contradict one another, and your ego readily discredits the newly presented information, because that's easier. Why rethink reality and admit that we can be lead to believe things without asking the important questions? As I've said, apathy is the sister of complacency.
>>
>>71846016
>Joining in the midde of the convo then blaming me for the articles in this thread that you chose not to read
>>
>>71847290
yes it is a maoi and can be used to "unlock".
>>
>>71846767
1 in 12 globally have diabetes, and the majority are in America (many in other countries die due to inadequate care).

It cost 400 billion dollars a year. This isn't a minority problem, it effects everyone. Only apathy will let you ignore such a huge problem, when nature is shoving a solution straight into your face.
>>
>>71842227
>control
LOL

I've tried it with mushrooms before taking one seed doesnt do that
>>
>>71847062
Thank you, really. I've been completely unsuccessful sharing this information anywhere else. This is the only medium I've had another human even respond within. It is far easier to ignore than to perceive, and we're taught to assume this couldn't be more than the hopeful thinking of a paranoid schizophrenic.
>>
>>71848112
It is a half-truth. It will make you sick, just like anything can if misused.

Unfortunately, we're usually satisfied with the half-truth, and the journey for truth ends. That is why misinformation based on half-truths is so effective, and why I cannot blame that anon for reaching his conclusion.

I can only hope though, that more people learn to acknowledge when they've encountered the pit-fall of a half-truth, and to embrace the opportunity for self-improvement.

Being wrong is far more powerful than being right, if you withold the objections of the ego and seek to refill that pit with true knowledge. Only then can you take the next step.

Of course, many journeys have an end, but my argument is that this journey has been hidden from plain sight for over a year, and the truth is there for those who seek it.

Those who seek other answers that are not truth, will find them, too. As many, including myself, have done and surely will continue to do.
>>
>>71839933
Op, how do I extract and isolate this alkaloid?

t. type 1 diabetic that can just barely afford medical care
>>
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0141813081900623

We've known of the DNA interactions for 30 years. Funny how quickly we lost interest in plants once big pharma was in full swing.

We were held at the full upswing of the pendulum for a generation, but now it is slowly swinging back, to teach us as always, that the truth is in the center of the popularity... between science and nature. We understand how nature can help us, and have for generations... yet systematically devalidify such approaches, and paint those who entertain such ideas are lunatics.

Yet, we treat cancer with refined mustard gas, a weapon of war, and no one thinks twice.
>>
>>71846262
how many people in the world do you see extracting their own aspirin you mongoloid
>>
>>71840628
If it's commonly avaliable then go make your own you whiny fag. Sell it illegally and get rich. This board literally believes anything it reads online.
>>
>>71849418
https://www.erowid.org/archive/rhodium/chemistry/alkastract.html
>>
File: cheatedforthelasttime.jpg (139 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
cheatedforthelasttime.jpg
139 KB, 666x666
>>71839933

>mfw i am bunched together with fatfucks and old people even though my disease is pretty much something else entirely, because it shares a name
>>
>>71849418
There are many methods of extraction. Getting the single alkaloid on its own may be tricky, but at low doses a simple acid based extraction (this will include other harma alkaloids, though) should suffice. As long as you stay far bellow the threshold for psychedelic effects, you should be safe from side effects.

Please, research this further yourself. There are many communities with guides explaining extraction methods and safe usage.

Do NOT use this while on Lantus. Stick to fast acting insulin only, and monitor blood glucose frequently. Because there will be no psychoactive effects at a low dose, you should be safe to do so..

I AM NOT A DOCTOR. But I am a researcher with experience in neuropsychology, and I was fortunate to learn from a teacher who had been very successful in pharmaceuticals before switching to research in mice based models.

This article is a language I can understand, but I cannot extend that understanding to your body, and how this substance may effect you. I recommend extreme caution, not because of the probability of risk, but because this is untreated ground. Making these steps, has you walking a path that no one else can truly guide you on. And should you succeed, you will be indebted to share the knowledge you gain, to help others walk the same path until it is a weathered and beaten trail that the most feeble of mind and body can follow.
>>
>>71850162
How many people extract their own anything? We are lazy and apathetic. You will not understand, because you haven't suffered that burden.

Thousands of people extract alkaloids from numerous plants for healing, and this is the basis of THC and CBD treatments.

No one can force you to make your own medicine. But if someone needs it, and the knowledge is available... you'll see apathy isn't as paralyzing to them.

Parents have saved their children's lives by using cannabinoid based treatments when modern science has otherwise failed. Desperation necessitates innovation.

You do not understand that people are desperate for a cure. That people die daily, even while controlling diabetes to the best of their knowledge... because knowledge is manipulated.
>>
>>71850611
if there is any justice in the world, the NSA agents who get paid to shitpost here will track your IP and arrest you for this man's death
>>
>>71850938
You don't seem to understand. Bayer sells aspirin and makes money hand over fist, despite the availability of willow bark. Why would any random biotech company that doesn't have a stake in diabetes yet not extract and sell this shit for literally the entire diabetes market share. It's like you don't understand the first thing about capitalism, or science.
>>
>>71850288
>If you want to help people cure a disease for free don't make a cure yourself and sell it

Yup, there's the problem. I don't blame you for thinking that, because such ways of thinking are rewarded in today's society.

I want to help people. I can't sell this, because it isn't a medicine. If I sell it as a medicine, that's illegal. If I sell it as a supplement, the people who need a medicine will ignore it.

There isn't money in this, and if there is, I do not want to live off of exploiting nature by squandering a cure.
>>
>>71851024
He's doing the Lord's work. You really shouldn't wish that upon him.
>>
>>71851143
Because Asprin don't heals you. It's just a painkiller. You have to take it again and again.
>>
>>71851316
Killing off people that get their medicine advice from the internet? I guess if you believe in Intelligent Design then Darwinism is the Lord's work
>>
>>71850611
>mice
>humans

pick one. there are fundamental differences between the species and especially you should know that. LSD will kill an elephant but save a human from depression.
>>
>>71851342
>because aspirin don't heals you
neither would this magic plant, and if it did, diabetes continues to affect more people so you would continue to grow your market
>>
>>71851398
Correct.
>>
>>71851143
People make these extractions and concentrates as herbal remedies. Again, the FDA will not approve the substance as a treatment. Aspirin has already been approved, and is available so cheaply that it is more time and cost effective for people to buy directly.

It would be great if Harmine reached that status, but every mind aligned with your own subconsciously guarantees it will not be, by discrediting it based on any scenario one may envision.
>>
>>71851612
>the FDA will not approve the substance as a treatment
Based on what evidence? If it clears phases 1,2 and 3 it gets the green light. Why isn't it in any of these phases? There isn't a vast conspiracy
>>
>>71847076

Alone the point from above poster regarding the argument, who has the intention/time to do it.

Sure, more money can be made with insulin, but how much money is lost do to diabet fags not paying into the pension ponzi or buying expansive holidays.

You are just a conspiracy fag who takes on part of a whole as the most important variable, discarding all others, not getting anything at the end, but easily falsyfiable assumptions.
>>
>>71851463
You should know that this substance clearly won't kill us in the doses described, and you are grossly oversimplifying the research and findings.
>>
>>71851612
>>71851770
The correct answer is that it is in pre-clinical research, as shown by that nature study. The dose, toxicity, etc, has not be figured out by people whose jobs it is to determine this, and so recommending it to random people online is unethical, dangerous, and likely to cause real pain to real people
>>
>>71851770
>There isn't a vast conspiracy

Exactly the sort of thing someone who is part of the conspiracy would say.
>>
>>71851810
>clearly won't kill us
based on what clinical trials that control for confounding variables in a wide variety of populations. why is death the only negative side effect you would consider
>>
File: 2spooky.gif (38 KB, 169x201) Image search: [Google]
2spooky.gif
38 KB, 169x201
>>71851885
>>
>>71851255
If it actually does what you claim (cure diabetes) then those that suffer from the disease will not ignore it. How retarded would that be?

>I know this guy that has diabetes
>He ate this supplement and now he doesn't have it any more
>The same goes for everyone else that tried it
>But nah I'm not going to bother for myself because it's obviously ineffective due to not being labelled "drugs". His diabetes must have cleared up on its own.
>>
>>71851770
Sure. If you trust the same FDA that has lied to you about other drugs, and still imprisons citizens for owning plants that are arbitrarily deemed dangerous, yet are systematically being proven to be not only safe, but successful treatments for a number of disorders.

The same government that infected citizens with STDs and chose not to treat them for decades, to observe effects.

Using the label of "conspiracy" as a dismissal for all information that doesn't align with your understanding of the universe is dogmatic, and reinforces incorrect beliefs by automatically dismissing the truth.

Humans are so arrogant to believe we can't discover cures... there are many diseases that were chronic ailments or even death sentences before we discovered cures.

Difference is, there's an insane amount of money passing hands, and at the end of it all, you cannot separate reality from fiction. You can't recognize the lie you've accepted as fact.
>>
>>71852422
>we're taking down the ZOG machine
>cure by cure by cure
>>
>>71852422
>if you trust the FDA that has lied
>blah blah im enlightened
>systematically being proven
lmao
People at home inherently don't have the multi-millions of dollars of equipment required to determine efficacy of most of these drugs. It simply isn't as easy as saying that your symptoms disappeared after getting high, and if you took some basic research methods you might see why. I'm sure that there are shady deals all over, but they don't stop these trials from happening except for the most obvious ones involving currently illegal drugs.
>>
>>71851884
You are right. But just like THC, the science is choosing willfully not to meet the desires of society. The system is clearly broken and incentive is placed on profits.

It IS unethical to be a human guinea pig. Without a doubt. But is the parent who gives their child CBD for seizures, to find their child improving, unethical?

The sick do not have time the battle a corrupt system, and will surely die before such medicine could ever hope to be available to them, especially considering this finding has been practically undiscussed. This will not make it to anyone within a population paralyzed by apathy and fear, who cannot even understand this information or its potential.
>>
>>71852422
>>71852810
what I find the most hilarious, is that your source is A NATURE PAPER from a lab that says that they are going to continue to study analogues, which implies that they will eventually submit papers to the FDA. Surely the conspirators wouldn't have funded the study in the first place, ne?
>>
Denmark makes billions on producing insulin and diabetes medicine. A cure might litterally cause a small financial crisis in the country.
>>
>>71852988
>this finding has been practically undiscussed
that paper has been citated five times despite being extremely recent, likely more papers building on it are being edited at the moment, what's your point
>>
>>71851968
>oversimplifying
stange, that's how I would describe your previous post. very simple, poor understanding of the fact that mice are a model organism and don't work much better than dogs and monkeys- ergo: not very well. "look, it won't kill mice, dogs or chimps, it must be perfectly safe". well done, they don't live that long either.
>>
>>71839933
There's already a cure for diabetes. It's called not being a fat fuck.
>>
>>71853395
>what is diabetes 1
>>
>>71851968
Because to someone with diabetes, premature death is the ultimate outcome. Like someone with terminal cancer, there is no escaping the mortality of the disease.

The substance again, has seen plenty of human use. You won't find a doctor telling you what is safe, but there are many people who have consumed these substances for millennia.

Again, I'm not condoning eating a bag of seeds. What I want, is for scientists to give it the attention it needs.

But it is only through ignorance you would vilify the man desperate enough to heed our warnings, and smart enough to synthesize the state of knowledge around this substance (scientific , and recreational) to determine his own path to walk. The autonomy of the human race is beyond our control and the best we can do is share information so people can make their own informed decisions.
>>
>>71853389
Wait what. I work in a mouse lab, when did I imply they were a good organism. The dude said that this compound "clearly won't kill us" when there are obviously going to be side effects

>Also, harmine is a peroxisome proliferator and activator of
transcription-γ activator and mediator of adipogenesis in mice and
leads to enhanced glucose sensitivity and disposal in obese, diabetic
db/db mice, although beta cell proliferation, mass and function were
not examined in that study37. Thus, as is the case for all potential beta
cell therapeutics25,37–40, there is an urgent need to develop strategies
to deliver harmine analogs specifically to the beta cell
>>
>>71853444
Statistically irrelevant.
>>
>>71853528
>What I want is for scientists to give it the attention it needs
there is a paper in nature
with five citations
and likely more coming

there literally isn't a way this could be more studied
>>
>>71839933
there's already a cure. fasting and fruitarianism.
>>
>>71853389
Can you Google this plant and realize that it is in use globally? If the side effects are worse than diabetes, we'd be well aware.
>>
>>71839933
>billions of dollars in research just randomly researching things
>found something promising just one year ago
>hasn't had time for any development or trials
>"Why isn't this sold at Walmart yet? It must be a conspiracy!"

Ah, yes.. those devious Jews. Always publishing their findings just so the goy can all see and know about the things they want to keep secret! They're basically comic book villains.
>>
US would still be Amerifat even if they mass produce it. So who cares
>>
>>71853834
Personally I just wander through the third world injecting myself with various plant extracts to stay safe.
>>
>>71843861
Rekt
>>
>>71845751
Unless you are a certified specialist you definitely shouldn't be experimenting with snake poison.
>>
I am a type 1 diabetic, and I find it extremely unlikely that a chemical extracted from a plant can cure an autoimmune disorder.

First, how would this cause dead cells to regenerate?

Second, how does it stop the body from automatically destroying the new cells?

I'm not a biologist but the mechanics of it don't make sense.

However I am pissed off that potential cures could be being purposefully shelved to keep milking money. I wouldn't put it past them.

What I think could work is manufactured insulin cells incased in some sort of barrier that blocks white blood cells but allows insulin production to go unscathed. This would be implanted in the body.
>>
>>71853834
>>71853629
You can say that, because you are healthy. But you do not understand how many years this will take to reach the public, and again, it only will if there is demand for it.

There's a reason the media hasn't covered this, but spread the story of the artificial pancreas like a wild fire.

If you are too ignorant to assume decisions are made with monetary incentive as a priority, you are a fool.

Did you ever hear of this? No, and we wouldn't be having this discussion if it weren't for my drive to share this information.

Ignorance is bliss, and I happy lived within it and contributed to it, just like you have and are. Probably more so, considering unlike most people in this thread, I do have academic publications to my name.

It is this understanding of academia that lets me see the dogmatic practices barring this from reaching the people who need it.

If science chooses to move slower than society progresses, it shouldn't be so offended at the trend of people exploring science for themselves.

Many people have explored this compound, but I'm offering this information because it needs to be in the mind of the public.

You live in a world of extremes, where it must be a syntactically derived medicine, or some moron chewing random seeds he finds.

Two polar ends of the same spectrum. The truth is in the middle, for those who can see past the half-truths that satisfy the ego.

Nature can help us, without being completely unguided or dangerous, or taking decades of excessively slow research.

Again, this exact scenario is still in place with cannabis, as it has been for half a century. That is too much time and science has given us less than the pioneers brave enough to explore it for themselves.
>>
>>71849418
Wouldn't you need a pancreas transplant once you cured the disease?
>>
>>71850611
I'm sure some anon on his house without lab equipment will be able to get the correct dosage of an extract which doesn't even have a published research article on primates, let alone humans.
>>
>>71853834
There's a surgical solution with a > 80% success rate after 10 years as well. (in trials)

The real evidence that big pharma (tm) won't let "cures" come out is in the opposition they give / fund to alternatives getting approval. The above still isn't technically available because it's stuck in the eternal hell of waiting for approval.
>>
>>71855500
Diabetes 1 is an autoimmune disease. The new pancreas will get attacked
>>
>>71855389
>What I think could work is manufactured insulin cells incased in some sort of barrier that blocks white blood cells but allows insulin production to go unscathed. This would be implanted in the body.

This is the artificial pancreas soon to be in production. Very coincidentally timed with the release of this knowledge, and completely overshadowing it in the public, media, and academic discussion.

Please understand the researchers did not pick this substance arbitrarily, it was screened through thousands of compounds which could potentially interact with their targeted pathway of interest.

Harmine was the only compound screened that showed promise, and it met absolutely every expectation through the trials.

We had identified the pathway, but it turns out nature had already created a plant expressing the very compound.

And the fact that the plant coincidentally is already used medically, and has been a candidate for the lost Soma for 30 years...

We've overlooked the most simple answers, we share ~50% of our DNA with plants, it should be no surprise that plants may express the same compounds we do. Maybe in the future, we'll find the effects of diabetes are due to a failure to produce this compound naturally.

We know the power of such substances, look at dopamine, serotonin, cortisol, adrenaline, and literally other crystalline substance we produce.

The most simple answer, tends to be the truth. And if it is a failure to bioregulate harmine production, then these findings make absolute sense.
>>
>>71855500
>>71856046
We understand neurotransmitters may cause a cascade of effects, seemingly unrelated. If the case is that diabetes effects the production of harmine, then it would make sense that seemingly unrelated symptoms, which appear at the same time, may be related. In which case, elevating the man cause of the dysfunction at the highest level would solve multiple symptoms.

It may not be A causes B. But X causes A and B.
>>
>preventing cure for devastating diseases because $$$

Would this still happen if Jews didn't exist?
>>
>>71839933
>expecting findings from a 2014 study on mice only to be on the market within 2 years

Fucking liberals
>>
>>71856046
l2read
>>
>>71839933
>Yup, a plant derived alkaloid has cured diabetes and the world is ignoring it.

Fun fact, over 50% of all research is never read. Even if it appears in a prestigious publication, unless it directly appeals to a certain scientists interest in research, they won't read it. Secondly, the methods used in the extraction may not scale up well for mass production, making your cure about as useful as cow shit. And even if it did, the research required to properly scale up the process to make it profitable, and then develop the industrial support to mass produce it takes time. If your so confident about this idea, and think is being hushed up, then grow a pair, replicate the results, find some funding, and create your own startup selling this drug.
>>
>>71856779
Funny how quickly you'd adopt that "liberal" ideology should your own mortality be presented to you.

From the outside looking in, your ego will never let you understand the suffering, because it doesn't apply to you.

Again, you demonstrate that apathy values disaction over life, yet you choose to embrace the lazy ideology of "sit tight and wait for someone to fix your problems".

Turns out, everyone is sitting and they will keep sitting until money moves them. It is the way people like you are taught to think, there is nothing more important than money and success, and those who fall wayside surely could not have been systematically disenfranchised (spoiler, we literally enslave our own population in prisons over plants we arbitrarily deem "immoral").

But it is easy to over look when you're successful and healthy. :-) Out of sight out of mind, screw the other guy.
>>
>>71857358
Science tells me its too hard so shut up and stay sick

You've presented to yourself only the information that meets the truth you determined before even investigating.

You cannot learn if you think you already know. And given the lack of your knowledge on the topic, you've done little to form your conclusion, yet you'll likely stick to it more firmly than I could ever hope to present to you the information.
>>
>>71839933
If someone developed a cure for everything, Big Pharma would go out of business.

That's why you don't see cures. You see treatments. They want you to be a recurring customer. Juden shenanigans, as usual.
>>
>>71857358
>then grow a pair
Personal insult, no truth here.

>replicate the results
4 years for a bachelors. 2 for masters. And however much longer you need for a PhD. So, someone who wants to know about this themselves, is looking at a huge financial and time commitments, while relocating themselves to a small field of research.

>find some funding,
Research follows funding. No funding? Game over.

>and create your own startup selling this drug.

And of course, you show me you are driven by greed, and not the will to help people. I have no interest in squandering information or capitalizing on health.
>>
>>71857904
>le big pharma isn't interested in cures meme
Sofosbuvir. your argument is invalid.
>>
>>71857904
I agree. I do believe the researchers shared this information though, because those brave enough can explore the truth farther for themselves.
>>
>>71839933
shit like this is published all the time
if it were really so easy to cure it, you can bet your ass someone would be selling it

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/51113411_Gastrin_Treatment_Stimulates_beta-Cell_Regeneration_and_Improves_Glucose_Tolerance_in_95_Pancreatectomized_Rats
>>
>>71839933

As a type 1 auto-immune diabetic, regrowth of islet cells doesn't address the issue of the immune system attacking these cells again.

I really don't get why an alkaloid would regrow these cells.
>>
>>71858488
Lets assume that harmine causes a cascade, as we see with all other neurotransmitters.

A to B, B to C, C to D, etc. The more complex the cascade, the more symptoms expressed at a higher level of failure. Yet, treatments can be promising at different levels of the cascade.

Current treatments only acknowledge the end results, but this may suggest we're close to understand the root causes, rather than elevating symptoms.
>>
>>71853834
Bro...the best place to hide something is in plain sight and then call anyone who points it out crazy. It's self reinforcing subterfuge.
>>
>>71858826
Again, my hypotheses is that these symptoms are coincidence, rather than causation.

Hence, why they show up at the same time. Assume autoimmune dysfunction is A, and pancreatic cell death is B.

Rather than A causing B, I'm suggesting that at some level, X causes A and B, which explains why such a treatment could be effective.

Just like we know other neurotransmitters have wide spread effects.
>>
File: i cant even right now rxn.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
i cant even right now rxn.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>>71858982
i get that you enjoy pretending to be a smart person, but could you leave the thinking to people who actually know what they're talking about?

t. islet cell biologist
>>
>>71859253

There is promising research on stem cell grown islet cells encapsulated to protect against attacks from the immune system.

Nonetheless, interesting possibilities with this new research.
>>
>>71859275
Society has done that long enough to show that information is powerful that rarely finds the person who needs it, without profiting the person who finds it.

Telling yourself you are too stupid to understand the universe is your own decision, but others are comfortable exploring topics from a new point of view.

Just know, failing to think for yourself, be it in the realm of science, or religion, is just as dangerous.
>>
>>71859253
I have another, rare autoimmune condition alongside type 1 diabetes. The chances of having both would be extremely slim unless they are linked somehow, so you may be on to something.
>>
>>71858298
This is Big Tobacco all over again. You'll realize you've been had in a decade or so.
>>
>>71843042
learn to spell you pant shitting burger fat child
>>
>>71840099
>I'm against progress because people can capitalize
>>
>>71859493
I understand. My belief if that the reason this is soon to become available, is to divert attention away from this finding, which tells us infinitely more about the disease, rather than simply aiming to control it.

We've been given a satisfactory solution to stop people from searching for the truth.
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (29 KB, 562x459) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
29 KB, 562x459
>>71859654
In this field of study, compared to me, you're like a caveman trying to tell me that fire is hot.

You're the most dangerous type of idiot. You believe that you're smarter than you actually are, and try to convince others that your uneducated opinions are in fact correct and that "they" are the enemy trying to keep "us' down.
>>
>>71844294
What kind of advice is this? You know how you cure diabetes? Stop eating fucking sugar for every meal and get off your fat ass and walk a couple miles a day. Taking some "1 easy, crazy cure doctors hate" is certainly not the way to do it.
>>
>>71839933
You do realize that it's only just finished animal trials? It will be another 6-7 years until a safe version will get sold.

Unless you suggest we have another 'Bob' saga.
>>
>>71860190
That's type two, type one is not the fault of the sufferer.
>>
File: 1441318116077.jpg (72 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
1441318116077.jpg
72 KB, 709x765
>>71860088
>In this field of study, compared to me, you're like a caveman trying to tell me that fire is hot.

I know that feel
>anyone mentioning GM crops
>>
>>71840628

That's not how the pharmaceutical industry works, lol.
>>
>>71839933
>Diabetes Cure Ignored

doesn't matter, they are replacing fucked up pancreas cells with better methods now

we don't need to spend more cash researching fungus
>>
>>71860359
GMO crops will make your dick shoot off :^)
>>
I love it when those who have no background in the medical field, or any science in general for that matter, and magically become an expert of research, industry, economics, and other related material.

If it works, there will be enough clinical trials that get past phase 3 into human studies, from there it'll be years down the road for a decent enough picture, and then when used for public consumption (via Rx), we'll get the full low down.

As of now, I'll be waiting if it gets past phase 2-3.
>>
>>71860088
Typical of academics to assume any knowledge from someone inferior to them must be false.

Your own dogmatic assumptions have closed your mind to any answers outside of your fixed beliefs. Yet, how many of those beliefs do you know to be true for yourself, and how many do you take for fact because ANYTHING else is surely fiction?

You have been brainwashed by academia to see me as a lesser intelligence incapable of producing information or theory that could legitimately contradict your own.

You do not think for yourself, your ego tells you what is fact or fiction. I have no interest in entertaining your ego, and quite frankly, neither should society.

The "I'm right because I went to school" argument just isn't cut out for the age of information, and it is the reason a plant like this cannot become medicine.
>>
>>71861016
I have a background in research and I am formally educated in neuropsychology. I have publications to my name (albeit in the field of learning), but I will not share them.

This isnt about me. It is about the information.
>>
>>71861563
So you have no background and trolling. Gotcha, senpai
>>
File: 2015-04-08-0214.jpg (984 KB, 2160x3840) Image search: [Google]
2015-04-08-0214.jpg
984 KB, 2160x3840
>>71861147
yeah blah blah college is a meme ur smrt 2 etc etc

we'll just ignore the fact that i actually do research in this field and have actually done experiments with plant derived compounds like withaferin A, and that i regularly do islet transplantations for both type 1 diabetics and well as people suffering from chronic pancreatitis
>>71861563
wow, it's literally nothing
>>
>>71861919
I'm not ignoring it. I'm explicitly stating in very simple terms that you are, whether willfully or unconsciously, the problem and the very reason this plant will not make it to human trials.

Yet you add nothing to this discussion beyond your credentials. I offer science, and questions that people can ask, and explore for themselves, with very real implications, regardless of the likelihood that this shows promise.

We are constantly relearning physiology, and if you are a true expert, you'd concede how little we know about what causes diabetes, and why even type one diabetes is becoming more common.

The public is not as stupid as your ego has let you to believe. No one is infallible, in fact, nothing is. Yet science dogmatically holds to established ideas to the point of not even entertaining new concepts, which could be better suited to extended the scientific community.

Science has presented theory as fact, and even scientists are fooled into assuming so.
>>
File: Clipboard02.jpg (28 KB, 889x397) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard02.jpg
28 KB, 889x397
>>71862594
>the very reason this plant will not make it to human trials
it's very obvious you haven't even read the paper, and i'm sure even if you did have access to the article, you wouldn't be able to understand what you were reading
in the paper, even the authors didn't focus on the plant compound, they used 5-iodotubercidin which was far more potent
and even that hardly had any effect on proliferation
>I offer science, and questions that people can ask
ooga booga why fire hot???

>The public is not as stupid as your ego has let you to believe
your nonsense leads me to believe my ego is correct
just stop, you're embarrassing yourself
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.