[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tox
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: tox-im-logo.jpg (9 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
tox-im-logo.jpg
9 KB, 300x300
Why aren't you using Tox, /pol/ ?

>A New Kind of Instant Messaging
Whether it's corporations or governments, digital surveillance today is widespread. Tox is easy-to-use software that connects you with friends and family without anyone else listening in. While other big-name services require you to pay for features, Tox is completely free and comes without advertising — forever.

Desktop: https://tox.chat/

Android: https://antox.me/

>Tox began a few years ago, in the wake of Edward Snowden's leaks regarding NSA spying activity. The idea was to create an instant messaging protocol that ran without any kind of central servers. The system would be distributed, peer-to-peer, and encrypted end-to-end, with no way to disable any of the encryption features; at the same time, the protocol would be easily usable by the layperson with no practical knowledge of cryptography or distributed systems. Work began during the Summer of 2013 by a single anonymous developer (who continues, to this day, to remain anonymous). This lone developer put together a library implementing the Tox protocol. The library provides all of the messaging and encryption facilities, and is completely decoupled from any user-interface; for an end-user to make use of Tox, they need a Tox client. Fast-forward a few years to today, and there exist several independent Tox client projects, and the original Tox core library implementation is nearing completion (in terms of features). Tox (both core and clients) has thousands of users, hundreds of contributors, and the project shows no sign of slowing down. Recently, a group of some of the project's major contributors have formed The Tox Project, an organization built around the protection, promotion, and advancement of Tox and its development.

Should we make a /pol/ group?
>>
File: 1459925844823.jpg (8 KB, 265x265) Image search: [Google]
1459925844823.jpg
8 KB, 265x265
>made by /g/ neets
>secure
>>
>>71838941
go ask /g/ about Tox, maybe someone will post you the logs about one of the developers tracking some of Tox's users and bragging about it. I think he said something like "I feel like the NSA"
>>
It was a piece of shit when I used it for a week. Good thing I didn't talk about anything significant and I don't even use the device it was installed on anymore.
>>
>>71839297
nvm found it, ctrl-f "NSA"
http://archive.is/Y6LEw
>>
OP, can you tell me more about this Tox?
I don't believe the American shills.
>>
>>71838941
I use Linphone instead.
>>
>>71839610
Why not use a proxy?
There's a option to use a proxy in Tox.

>>71839638
Well I said everything I could in the description, it's peer to peer, end - end encryption, no one can monitor your chats, there are no servers.
>>
>>71839610
I'm retarded explain, isn't that just a chat log?
>>
>>71838941
Discord is much better.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.