[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Report finds hundreds of meetings between White House and Google
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: Oboogle.jpg (282 KB, 1440x720) Image search: [Google]
Oboogle.jpg
282 KB, 1440x720
>Google and its affiliates have had at least 427 meetings at the White House during President Obama’s tenure, according data from the Campaign for Accountability and The Intercept.
>The data, gleaned from White House meeting logs, showed that in all, 169 Google employees have met in the White House with 182 government officials. Not surprisingly, Google’s head of public policy, Johanna Shelton, had the most White House meetings of any Google employee with 128.
>The report highlights the access enjoyed by Google, which has a expansive lobbying operation in Washington and consistently ranks among the highest spenders. In just the first quarter of this year, Google spent $3.8 million to lobby the government.
>The meetings data spans from the first month of Obama’s presidency in 2009 to October 2015. Aside from Google staff and lobbyists, the data also takes into account White House meetings with companies Tomorrow Ventures and Civis Analytics.
>Tomorrow Ventures is the investment vehicle of Eric Schmidt, the executive chairman of Google’s parent company Alphabet, and the other is a company in which he is the sole investor.
>The numbers also show 55 times in which Google employees took jobs in the federal government, and 197 times when government employees went to work for Google.
>Google responded to similar reports last year from the Wall Street Journal about the company’s visits during an antitrust probe led by the Federal Trade Commission.
>In a post last March, Google wrote, “Of course we’ve had many meetings at the White House over the years.” The company said the meetings were on a range of topics, including self driving cars, advertising, internet censorship, trade, cybersecurity, civic innovation, help with Healthcare.gov, and other issues.
>It said Microsoft had made 270 visits in that same time and Comcast made 150.
The Hill: https://archive.is/8bGen
>>
File: oboogle2.png (272 KB, 1600x819) Image search: [Google]
oboogle2.png
272 KB, 1600x819
The Android Administration:
Google’s Remarkably Close Relationship With the Obama White House, in Two Charts

>https://theintercept.com/2016/04/22/googles-remarkably-close-relationship-with-the-obama-white-house-in-two-charts/

https://archive.is/PrxuZ

Interactive charts
>>
>>71832880

>jewgle

>Johanna Shelton
>Eric Schmidt

are these just shabbos goys or kikes?
>>
Obama was helping out with their Doodles
>>
File: gmailMasonicAprons.jpg (143 KB, 600x639) Image search: [Google]
gmailMasonicAprons.jpg
143 KB, 600x639
>anyone being surprised that Google is working with the Government
>implying that Google isn't directly involved with the CIA and NSA
>implying Google isn't trying to have the first Googolbyte-sized information datacenter

None of this should be shocking or surprising in the least.
>>
>>71833883
Just made me think of all the threads on /pol/ about trying to Google "White couple"
>>
>>71834527
To be fair, aren't those actually the results for "American Couple", yet the person added in "White" to the search box, after the results showed up for the first query for added comedic effect?
>>
>>71832880
I threw google in the trash a few years ago when searching for internships and their san fran one said they were only seeking minorities and women at this time
>>
File: eshills.png (483 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
eshills.png
483 KB, 1280x720
https://wikileaks.org/google-is-not-what-it-seems/

>Whether it is being just a company or “more than just a company,” Google’s geopolitical aspirations are firmly enmeshed within the foreign-policy agenda of the world’s largest superpower. As Google’s search and internet service monopoly grows, and as it enlarges its industrial surveillance cone to cover the majority of the world’s population, rapidly dominating the mobile phone market and racing to extend internet access in the global south, Google is steadily becoming the internet for many people.70 Its influence on the choices and behavior of the totality of individual human beings translates to real power to influence the course of history.
>>
>>71834699
>not claiming to be a transracial transgender person, to get their high paying job
>>
>>71834527
You do know that Google results are tailored to individual's tastes and history?
>>
>>71834695
try it for yourself

>>71835049
nope it isnt i got the same exact pictures
>>
>>71835122
Interesting... These weren't the same results a month or two ago... I wish I had taken a screenshot back when I tested it
>>
File: kek.jpg (21 KB, 236x142) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
21 KB, 236x142
>>71835512
Oh, and...
>>
I have nothing against Google other than the fact that whoever chooses what goes on Youtube's front page isn't even trying to hide extreme liberal bias. It's literally nothing other than SNL, Late Night Show, Ellen DeGeneres, or some "amazing trans hormones timeline uwu". They aren't even trying to *pretend* to be non-political with their choices.
>>
>>71834803
I'm half latino brazilian and a trap but I don't like free shit for my circumstances
>>
File: lamo-mitnick-SNITCHES.jpg (90 KB, 522x606) Image search: [Google]
lamo-mitnick-SNITCHES.jpg
90 KB, 522x606
that was so long i stopped giving a fuck. replace 'google' and insert <whatever> corporation and it's the same story, different year.

> 2016
> people still using google
> people still using google without vpn or tor
> people still using android with no root access to install a simple firewall and so they can remove leaky and dangerous preinstalled apps.

what a magical time we live in.
>>
>>71836736
You do understand that using VPNs and or Tor simply redflags you even harder than if you weren't using those, right? Beyond that, US ISPs over here have already demonstrated that they can inject bandwidth usage modals within SSL encrypted sites, so it's highly likely that ISPs around the world can do that. Your encrypted browsing sessions aren't likely as encrypted as you might otherwise believe.

However, I do agree with your suggestion on blocking outgoing information to certain IP addresses, via firewalls. Although, there are creepy fuckery techniques that can get some services around that, as well.
>>
>>71838251
>redflags

KEK

>>71838251
>Your encrypted browsing sessions aren't likely as encrypted as you might otherwise believe.

you have no idea what you're talking about. what a load of fucking nonsense.
>>
>>71838251
>>71839221
google offers a free service , offcourse they get something out of it in return its a give and take situation , if there is a better service than gmail that has free gb in cloud for free [;ease tell us till then im enjoy their product
>>
>>71834527

kek
even the gay couple is BLACKED
>>
>>71838251
>bandwidth usage modals
uh?
>>
>>71839221
>>71840949
Over here, we have bandwidth caps, due to ISPs trying to milk every last dime out before they're BTFO by Fiber being more ubiquitous.

If you near the bandwidth cap, they'll inject a modal popup, in your browser window, stating that you're nearing the cap.

There have been instances of people browsing SSL encrypted sites (certificates issued by real providers,) and experiencing these. And the ISPs aren't introducing some 1x1 pixel iframe to inject the modal or some other impossible wizardry. This bullshit has been discussed on /g/ several times, and has led us to the conclusion that ISPs are capable of falsifying encryption keys.
>>
>>71836032
I've noticed this too. It disgusts me to such a degree that I actually sign in to see tailored results.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.