[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should we abolish the federal reserve and reinstate de gold/silver
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: 63136.gif (2 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
63136.gif
2 MB, 400x400
Should we abolish the federal reserve and reinstate de gold/silver standard?
>fuck the jews in the elite controlling the world
>reinstore liberty
>>
Yes, and legalize blockchain currency, bitcoins, every form of currency. That way the kikes can't get a monopoly on currency
>>
They own a lot of the gold already. I say a silver standard
>>
File: alg_ceo_richard-fuld.jpg (24 KB, 341x362) Image search: [Google]
alg_ceo_richard-fuld.jpg
24 KB, 341x362
>>71831427
>Should we abolish the federal reserve and reinstate de gold/silver standard?

Good luck with that
>>
Nah would prefer the blockchain over the gold standard
>>
File: silver.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
silver.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>71831923
I agree. I've already started collecting silver
>>
>>71831427
We had a gold back standard in America for a long time.
There's a reason we got rid of it.
>>
>>71831427
YES

All of the kike controlled countries declared war on Germany for that

If the biggest kike controlled country does it they are fucked
>>
>>71833542
FDR got rid of it because the Jews hated it. No one can control a currency if it's backed up by something physical like gold.
>>
>>71831427
We would be forced to if Trump became president because all the international bankers would shit their pants in the ensuing isolationist debacle that would otherwise destroy the dollar.
It would be a choice between keeping the dollar a fiat currency and see it lose its value entirely and bring upon a depression or to reinstate the gold or silver standard and see it devalue enough to bring about a recession.
>>
>>71833542
And the reason was? And the outcome is? And was it a good idea in hindsight? And should it be continued?
>>
bumping with vids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrJGlXEs8nI
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBHTdvMhSL4
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etXAm-OylQQ
>>
>>71831427
>Should we abolish the federal reserve and reinstate de gold/silver standard?
Why is this meme still going?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsPIj3qMGLY
>>
>>71831427
Fools that you are! thinking a mere metal such a gold has any use. A currency should be based on population. The hard working backs of you young, the hope of the children and the wisdom of the elders!
>>
>>71833707
>No one can control a currency if it's backed up by something physical like gold.
How about "the people owning the majority of the assets"? It'd be the same, maybe a little bit more sluggish.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHFnvFbThDE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44vzMNG2fZc
>>
>>71834330
Because people form economic opinions after reading two sentences.
>>
http://thegreateststorynevertold.tv/
>>
>>71831427
Nah, just ban the fed from printing any more money for at least 30 years.
>>
>>71831427
>Should we abolish the federal reserve
Yes.
>and reinstate the gold/silver standard?
No. We should just print our own money debt free by our own government.
>>
>>71834330
If you're implying the FED is good for us then you need to fuck off to reddit where you belong.
>>
>>71831427
Any sort of precious metal standard is stupid and you're a special snowflake armchair economist if you think it's better than fiat currency.
>>
>>71834614
Makes sense.
>>71834888
>there is no compromise between the Fed and physical currency
What's with you guys and treating every issue as if it were a fucking Star Wars-tier binary?
>>
>>71834330
i dream that one day we will be economically free without the help of the elite jews putting dept into every single person
>>
>>71835105
>i dream that one day we will be economically free without the help of the elite jews putting dept into every single person
No, explain why physical currency achieves that.
>>
>>71835198
because it never drops its value
if we keep printing money it will always drop
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-23+at+07.09.30).png (14 KB, 424x370) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-23+at+07.09.30).png
14 KB, 424x370
>>71835285
>because it never drops its value
>>
>>71831427
Nah. Contrary to popular belief, fiat currency is actually good for us. It erodes savings and erodes debt, which is good for people in the lower and middle classes but not so much for the rich with enormous sums of capital. And a central bank is essential to having the ability to have a monetary policy.
>>
File: 1458489176557.png (1 MB, 1920x1044) Image search: [Google]
1458489176557.png
1 MB, 1920x1044
>>71835688
>Nah. Contrary to popular belief,
Being against central banks isn't popular.

>fiat currency is actually good for us.
Probably true. As long as the government prints it for itself without debt.

>It erodes savings and erodes debt,
It erodes savings. It doesn't erode debt in any way shape or form.

>which is good for people in the lower and middle classes but not so much for the rich with enormous sums of capital.
It isn't good for the lower and middle classes because their savings lose value. The rich are the very ones profiting when they sell treasury bonds to the FED.

>And a central bank is essential to having the ability to have a monetary policy.
Absolutely false.
>>
>>71835657
thats because the fed is private and is droping the value of it.
im saying it weren't private or didnt even exist the gold would remain the same
>>
>Saturday - Went to the White House and met Jones there. I said to the President that we did not buy any gold last night. He said, "That is right. Harrison called up and spoke to Jesse." I could not make out whether he also spoke to the President. Then Harrison urged that inasmuch as Saturday was only half a day that they should not buy any gold. Both the President and Jones said that they thought they made a mistake by agreeing with Harrison. I believe it was on Friday that we raised the price 21¢, and the President said, "It is a lucky number because it is three times seven." If anybody ever knew how we really set the gold price through a combination of lucky numbers, etc., I think that they really would be frightened. Saturday we increased the price 10¢. I stayed after Jones left and had a good half hour talk in which most of the time Louis Howe was present.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Morgenthau,_Jr.
>>
>>71835688
>It erodes savings and erodes debt,
>which is good for people in the lower and middle classes but not so much for the rich with enormous sums of capital
Exactly wrong. The erosion of savings/debt prevents the middle and working class from building capital.
>>
>>71836211
>Being against central banks isn't popular.

It's practically the default position if you're not contrarian like /pol/.

>Probably true. As long as the government prints it for itself without debt.

Obviously.

>It erodes savings. It doesn't erode debt in any way shape or form.

Inflation reduces the value of a debt, it reduces the value of capital savings, and has no impact on a physical asset like your home.

>It isn't good for the lower and middle classes because their savings lose value.
The rich are the very ones profiting when they sell treasury bonds to the FED.

The lower and middle classes don't have savings. They own assets. Their car. Their home. Some jewelry. Things that don't lose value because of inflation. Most people in the middle class don't have large sums of free capital.

The rich, by comparison, have large amounts of assets that are more vulnerable to inflation. The have cash. They have bonds. The own the debts of people in the lower and middle classes.

>Absolutely false.

Absolutely true. You can half ass it by just having a mint, but if you do that you only have the ability to increase the supply of money or decrease it by physical destruction of currency. A central bank enables more tools in controlling the money supply through interest rates.
>>
>>71837012
>Inflation reduces the value of a debt
Only on debts that have 0% interest. In every other case the interest at least matches inflation.
>>
>>71836922
See >>71837012

>The lower and middle classes don't have savings. They own assets. Their car. Their home. Some jewelry. Things that don't lose value because of inflation. Most people in the middle class don't have large sums of free capital.

>The rich, by comparison, have large amounts of assets that are more vulnerable to inflation. The have cash. They have bonds. The own the debts of people in the lower and middle classes.

If you're in the lower or middle class, you own generally nondepreciating assets and perhaps some stocks that you bought for a few thousand. You're not sitting on hundreds of thousands of dollars in the bank to be invested at a moment's notice.
>>
>>71837238
Yes, but rates have never had zero percent interest.

Under a gold standard, a 20% yearly interest rate is really 20%. Under fiat currency, it's more like a 17% yearly interest rate assuming that the economy doesn't experience slightly more than usual inflation.
>>
>>71837327
>Their car. Their home. Some jewelry. Things that don't lose value because of inflation
wow, you are a moron. Cars and jewelry do nothing but lose value. Jewelry is the biggest lie of all because diamonds have zero resale value and the rest of it is valued at scrap gold alloy.

Houses depreciate but the land is worth the same, but wages have fell behind inflation so much that people can't afford them anymore.

The only asset of value the middle and working classes can own is land.
>>
>>71836211
>mfw thats in downtown montreal
>mfw i've stayed in that sheraton
>mfw i have no face
>>
>>71837615

>JEWelry is the biggest lie of all

Who could have guessed?
>>
>>71837486
Soros gets to borrow at 0% interest. Little people aren't allowed rates like that.
>>
File: 1460748238696.jpg (42 KB, 528x800) Image search: [Google]
1460748238696.jpg
42 KB, 528x800
>Fucking your economy because muh international trade

Work standard is the best option.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.