[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Update on Dindo Group Project
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1450839786337.png (1 MB, 1023x675) Image search: [Google]
1450839786337.png
1 MB, 1023x675
A little background

>be places in group project with 2 dindos
>group project going ok coming up with ideas
>suddenly the 2 dindos pick a stupid project and refuse to change
>I know we wont get the data we need for the presentation
>bring up that the project is too ambitious and we need to change topics
>dindos storm out of classroom
>dindos make terrible survey
>dindos say they interview people to get data but get no data from them like predicted
>basically have to do all the dindos work by making the outline and the powerpoint
>then dindo says her laptop is fried because she spilled water on it
>claim (get this) its MY FAULT because she was rushing to respond to my email and knocked over water

Fast forward to this morning
>the other dindo sends out an email claiming i have been negative the whole project
>this really fucking pisses me off
>basically done all the fucking dindos work
>i suspect they will go to the professor and say i have been negative throughout the project to save themselves from getting a bad grade

Now we are at the present. Where do I go from here? I am so fucking mad right now
>>
Head them off at the pass. Email prof now and say what your concerns were, how things things developed. Don't call them dindus in your email.
>>
>>71832164
i already emailed the professor last thursday but I didnt include names. I also had another group members email the professor and say some group members are being difficult (we are a group of 5). The problem here is if he didnt include names either and then both of the dindos do include names the professor is going to think all of the emails are about ME.
>>
>>71831152
contact professor and have all email proof available. Maybe even contact dindus first via messenger app and bait them to get more proof: ask them what have they done of their part of the project, when can they meet to finish it all, make them admit they fucked up. Then send everything to professor
>>
>>71832475
i dont think they are going to take the bait. i think if anything i got baited into the water spilled on the laptop. I called out the bitch for faking water getting spilled on her laptop through email. Of course the other dindo says im insenstive and that I have "been negative throughout the project" and they both said "the project has been easy." I think the 2 fucking dindos conspired to get me to blow up through email so they could send this to the professor and act like im the one who has caused conflict.
>>
>>71832389
If you get into shit, tell him that you know another of your group members emailed him without naming names, and you know who it was and who they were talking about.
you have BACKUP, use it. Make sure they're on board with it before you get called in, bring them with you if possible.
>>
>>71833655
I'm not sure if anyone is still on my side after the water incident. i think they baited me good with that stunt and now i look like the bad guy. I'm 90% sure shes lying and didnt actually spill water on her laptop.
>>
>>71831152
Protip, this kind of thing happens on all group projects with all group members regardless of race.
Some members do not as much as others.
Some members are assholes who look for any reason to blame others for their own lack of success.
Guess which you are.
>>
>>71835325
fuck off
>>
>>71831152
The answer is always to know your stuff. Do as well as you can, be aware of problems with your intended project, and be able to describe them unemotionally. Work, and if your project initially fails, document the problems clearly. No need to blame anyone.

Also, if it isn't already slated to happen, arrange a [whole] group meeting with your professor to discuss your project. You don't need to argue with the idiots there. Your knowledge and clarity will come across and the professor will largely understand the situation.

My brother's a prof, and he absolutely understands who is doing the work and who is a waste of time and space.
>>
>>71836087
thats not an option since the project is due monday.
>>
File: Ernest_Everett_Just.jpg (52 KB, 212x288) Image search: [Google]
Ernest_Everett_Just.jpg
52 KB, 212x288
>>71835572
Why don't you teach them how to do the work?
If you really knew what you were talking about, you'd be able to help them.
The essence of group work is everyone helping each other.
Perhaps the root of the problem is your racial prejudice that blinds you to that fact.
>>
Had something like this happen once. Two members were being little shits coming up with excuses why everyone else should do all the work. When it came to the presentation, we just didn't send the final result to the people who didn't do anything. When we got to the slides they were supposed to talk about, they clearly had no idea what was going on. Also we didn't put their names on the final report we sent to the professor.
>>
>>71836442
im not doing my part of the group work AND their work. they are counting on that i will do their work also.

one of the other members of my group said he has been placed with both of them in a group before and they both have been very difficult.
>>
>>71836206
Well, you'll have to convey this stuff at the presentation, then.

Be clear about what you've done.
Be clear about the problems you encountered (related to the project, not group issues).
Be clear about what you'd do were you to attempt the project again.

If you're not speaking during the presentation, handle the Q&A. Anticipate questions and prepare additional slides to answer them. Again, even if your project is a failure, convey that you understand it inside and out.
>>
>>71836743
we each have our own section of the project. one of the dindos speaks first (who claims she fried her laptop) and the other gives our implementation from her surveys and "data." I know they dont have any data so i intentionally threw them under the bus by giving them these parts. I really dont give a fuck anymore. I'll take the bad grade as long as they burn too.
>>
Sounds like you should email the professor and tell him how difficult the dindos have been before they do.
>>
>>71837119
>I really dont give a fuck anymore. I'll take the bad grade as long as they burn too.

I see I've been wasting my time.
Good luck all the same.
>>
>>71832164
>don't call them dindus in your email
This is sound advice, op
>>
>>71833777
They sided with her?
>>
>>71838108
thanks i was about to put dindos all over my email

>>71838184
im not even sure if they are going to report anything to the professor. It sounds like they might though.
>>
>>71832907
>outwitted by a nigger

I've got some bad news for you, Anon...
>>
Just fuck off and go deal with this yourself. You're a college kid (possibly high schooler) in a group with some bad group members. Boo hoo. You likely are being extremely negative since you obviously are basing 100% of the blame on their race, so you probably went into this with a bad attitude towards them and anything they could do in the first place. /pol/ isn't a place for you to bitch about how every little thing wrong with your life is some ethnics part.
>>
>>71831152
Why didn't you just tell your professor you couldn't work with them or get them to cooperate in the first place? Kind of your fault for putting up with their shit. Stop being a cuck.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.