[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fracking is totally safe guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6
File: fracking.jpg (72 KB, 645x432) Image search: [Google]
fracking.jpg
72 KB, 645x432
/pol/ will defend this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWFmbEi5miY

>A Queensland river near a fracking site exploded into flames after a coal seam gas protester sparked a kitchen lighter above the water surface.
>>
t. Alberto Barbosa
>>
so an activist protester caused an explosion by tampering with the fracking process
>>
>>71828682
Reminder methane is 30x better at creating the greenhouse effect than CO2
>>
Now even the Water without any animal in it will try to kill you now

Thanks Straya
>>
t. Alberto Barbosa
>>
>>71828682
>russia today
no bias to see here.
>>
>>71828754

t. Alberto Barbonilson Jr.
>>
>>71829338
>negative consequences for fracking doesn't happen because it was reported on a channel I don't like
>>
>>71828682
maybe the greens should stop trying to prevent nuclear power
>>
>>71828682
Instead of complaining about it, why dont those dumbasses capitalize on the free natural gas.
>>
>>71828682
Shout out to the guy at the end that attempted to put out a gas fire on water with.... water.
>>
Fracking is unnatural!

t. Hippie with a cigarette lighter on a boat
>>
>>71828682
RT propaganda. Fuck you.
>>
THIS IS THE SAME BULLSHIT AS GASLAND

The fact is that Methane has been seeping forever and its only now that some douche is using a natural occurrence to propagandize for his Gaia worship
>>
Fracking should have never even got off the ground. There are enough resources for renewable energy out there to make it completely viable.

And no, this is a go-green, save the planet rant, this is a "don't let the oil and coal tycoons continue to keep the world held hostage".
>>
>>71828682
>rivers of fire in Australia
I thought that was normal over there.
>>
>>71830339
> Gaia worship

This is really what it boils down to.
>>
what if they frack so much and the world just splits apart? bet you feel stupid then
>>
maybe they shouldn't have set fire to it then
>>
>>71830339
He is a greens politician. They are worthless cunts. RT just wants to sell oil
>>
>>71830231
Embrace the Noosphere and go extinct already, polack scum.
>>
The greens are a package deal you dont just get help da enviroment, you also get:
No funz.
No borders.
No genders.
They ARE the regressive left.
>>
File: frackmyshitup.jpg (1 MB, 1385x906) Image search: [Google]
frackmyshitup.jpg
1 MB, 1385x906
>>71830601
>>71830339

Can you guys demonstrate that fracking is harmless to the environment? And by harmless I don't mean in a hippie/perfect sense but in a practical sense: If you had a farm near that river would you be ok with fracking or would you be concerned about all the water in the surrounding area being contaminated and you having to shutdown your farm?
>>
Oh, and no capitalisim either. They hate that.
>>
>>71831020
t. Alberto Barbosa
>>
>>71828682
I will defend this because fracking has lowered the oil price to such a low level the middle east is going bankrupt. Fuck the sand niggers.
>>
yeah.

this sort of thing is how petrol & nat gas deposits were found originally.

hell, go stab the bottom of a lake bed with a stick. what is going to bubble up is methane.

swamp gas can be ignited naturally. "will-o'-the-wisp"

Rather than bitch, maybe that pos should consider a well.
>>
>>71828772
he's not some random activist, he's a NSW member of parliment
>>
>>71831020

odds are the farmer owns the land, and is leasing/selling the mineral rights, so they are doing it with eyes wide open.
>>
>>71832067
Sweden, this is Australian level shitposting, and i mean that as a compliment.
>>
>>71828682
You can literally light fucking pretzels on fire corn chips and a lot of other food that isn't hydrated. You could light the river bank on fire too. show me floating fish.

Alternatively, he seemed really surprised to be able to light bubbles coming out of the ground/water on fire. That alone is Darwin award worthy. Then he has the audacity to act surprised?
>>
>>71828682
nigger i dont even know what fracking is
>>
The problem with this shit is - the problem always is - that fracking is perfectly safe when you do it safely.

So some dumbasses think "oh look it's safe so it's fine."

They don't realise that it won't be done safely if it's done at all, and there will be an associated human cost. When reviewing a new industry you have to assume that there will be fuck ups, cost cutting, lying, cheating, and breaking the law. That's just how the market works.

Fracking is perfectly safe when you do it safely. It will never be done safely.
>>
Holy shit straya accent is hilarious
>>
>>71834772
>New industry
>ban forever
Short sighted cuck.
Enjoy your gold plated BBC.
>>
>>71828682
>people actually defending fracking

Nuclear 4lyfe you fucking plebs
>>
>>71830033
this
>>
>>71831020
Anti-frackers are ignorant to the fact that there are both geologists and hydraulic engineers on-site to be as safe and effective in fracturing the bedrock.
>>
>>71828682
>UNBOILEEVABOL A RIVAH ON FOIYA
Jesus christ these are some retarded aussies.
>>
>>71835078
>new industry
>"these studies show it's perfectly safe so there's no need for any regulation or oversight at all, especially not with companies this huge that nevertheless have checkered pasts when it comes to operating extraction rigs without fucking up"
Enjoy your mudslimes.
>>
Methane seeps naturally into surface and groundwater. Humans have been dealing with this for as long as they've lived in areas prone to natural gas. The site of the first oil well, "Oil Creek," was so named because oil seeped to the surface and made the water flammable. No one was fracking then.

People that buy into this ridiculous, anti-fracking propaganda are led by their emotions and a preconceived notion that "oil companies are evil." This makes them believe total lies, and none of them are willing to think further than the ends of their hooked noses.
>>
>>71835208
Sorry, meant shale
>>
>>71830832
My grandpa actually stopped supporting them they've gone so far from being just the environmentalist party, it's ridiculuos. They've become a refute for all the people who are too left wing / too shit to be in the modern labor party, it's fucking sad. Did you know they support keeping weed illegal? The fucking hippy party, anti-weed, who's idea was that?
>>
>>71835484
*They've become a refuge
>>
Fracking isn't the problem. It's what they do with the waste water afterwards that creates the problems.
>>
>>71830339

Are you completely retarded?

Fracking is pure tar sand poison, it poisons the sediment of the earth and the water that passes through it. It's nothing like methane which naturally trapped under the earth.

I can't believe I inhabit a board with people as retarded as you. Is this willful ignorance?
>>
>>71831020
Well, I know that gas from fracking is harmful to Gazprom.
>>
>>71831020

Anything we do is going to have an affect on the environment.

Drilling a big hole in the ground affects the environment. If you drill a hole near an aquifer, for example, and your well casing is poorly done, there is a risk of fluids you're pumping into and/or pulling out of the hole seeping into and contaminating the aquifer.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FRACKING. This is just a risk of drilling holes miles into the earth.

The whole fracking thing is a liberal boogeyman. I guess they don't like energy independence, they'd rather us be paying out the nose for pie-in-the-sky green energy than continuing to enjoy plentiful, affordable hydrocarbons.

And as others have pointed out, even before fracking, it wasn't unheard of for natural gas and other hydrocarbons to seep into aquifers and up to the surface due to natural phenomena. How do we know if OP's video was due to fracking and not a natural occurrence.
>>
>>71830687
You're a fucking idiot. Russian organisations push this propaganda not because they care about American people... but because they don't want the Americans supporting a self-sufficient way of getting resources and Russia in turn loosing money.
>>
File: Pepe umbil.jpg (23 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
Pepe umbil.jpg
23 KB, 499x499
>>71828682
That's what you get for lighting water on fire.
>>
>>71828682
>implying gases from shit rotting in water isn't common
>>
File: sweat.png (142 KB, 415x367) Image search: [Google]
sweat.png
142 KB, 415x367
>live in saginaw mi
>get hit by an earthquake last year
>mfw
>also mfw finding out it was hundreds of miles away but we still felt it here

Michigan isn't supposed to get earthquakes. What the fuck, Frackers?
>>
>>71830339
>it has been happening forever!
>therefore it's ethical!
>>
>>71828682
How harmful is fracking fluid and spooky minerals from deep bedrock to be mixed into normal water supplies?
>>
>>71830408
>coal tycoons
Ok kid
>>
>>71830026
gas will be used anyway, and there is one major producer interested in keeping other sources small.
>>
>>71836358

We had an earthquake in Ga about a decade back. It's very rare, but there are faults everywhere.
>>
Has it been proven that the natural gas is in the river because of fracking and not from some other source? Because just setting a river on fire doesn't prove the origin is fracking and that the natural gas wouldn't be there otherwise. There are many rivers and lakes in the world where there is natural gas that has a biological origin.
>>
File: 1461219572769.jpg (76 KB, 599x438) Image search: [Google]
1461219572769.jpg
76 KB, 599x438
>>71828682
Safer than doing business with Muslims.
>>
>>71836400
The seeping of methane is a natural process, human beings have nothing whatsoever to do with it. Are you accusing nature of being unethical or are you just monumentally stupid and ignorant?
>>
>>71828682
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBiJfWbffZU
Tony Abbott was fucking right you cunts should have stuck with coal
>>
>>71834772
What kind of retarded argument is this?

>Manufacturing is perfectly safe when you do it safely. It will never be done safely.
Just regulate it sensibly and there you go.
>>
>>71836497

the fracking fluids are proprietary mixes. Small American companies figured this stuff out on their own, and it's my understanding they are a bit of a trade secret.

But, I understand they are emulsifiers, and little bits of ground up sand or rock. They pressurize the well to whatever horrific pressure they use, the rock in the field splits, and the little chucks of sand or rock wedge into the splits and keep them from closing when the pressure is removed.

The emulsifiers help keep the oil flowing from the rock.

I think most of the contaminates in the fracking water come just from the oil-filled rock itself, not what is added by the drillers.

Pretty sure you would not want to drink the water though. But if you drilled a well into that strata, you certainly could not drink any water there anyway.
>>
>all these pro fracking shills
Wow, the fracking lobby doesn't fuck around.
>>
>>71838661
Or maybe the anti-fracking lobby has just horribly misinformed you? Don't be so close-minded anon.
>>
>>71838661

No we are Americans, and not scared of technology. It's why we end up inventing it for the rest of the world.

Bitch.

But huge amounts of frackers are going to go out of business driven by the Saudis. Fracked wells are not economic at sub $50/bbl oil.

Sucks for them; but the oil is there, and we have the technology to tap it if we have to.
>>
>>71836250

That's not how frogs reproduce.
>>
>>71828682
It's called naturally occurring methane.

It's the reason you can frack there in the first place.
>>
>>71828682
>the rivers on fire because of fracking!
No it's on fire because you lit it on fire
>>
File: 1460389529339.jpg (160 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1460389529339.jpg
160 KB, 1200x900
Wasn't natural gas praised as being an amazing source of green energy 10 years ago?

The green movement wanted fracking and now they rail against it to make themselves look like heroes
>>
>>71830033
It's really the greenest solution, even if radiation isn't actually green.
>>
>>71836358
>He doesn't know about glacial rebound
>>
>>71838064
They use silica based sand at different poundage mixtures to hold the fractures open. the fractures are made by vibrating "guns". Rest of the slurry is water and some friction reducers and viscosity and ph altering stuff
>>
>>71828772
Is this the normal part of the fracking process?
>>
>>71828991
That's why it's benefical to light that fire, it's probably saving he environment.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.