[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Admit it pol. You cant hate him. He stand for alot of what you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 460x276
Admit it pol. You cant hate him. He stand for alot of what you detest, but hes just too damn smart and too damned good at speaking for you to hate him
>>
>>71816325
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MNu2GNx-kQ
>>
>>71816547
He was also pro communism in his earlier life. Very entertaining to listen to but not without his faults.

He definitely did more good than bad.
>>
File: 1434593391029.jpg (870 KB, 1500x934) Image search: [Google]
1434593391029.jpg
870 KB, 1500x934
>>71816325
Literally who
>>
>>71816325
I have a book of essays by him on my nightstand.
>>
>>71816719

Christopher Hitchens
>>
>>71816325
I dont hate him at all. He was intelligent and a good debater, I'm not into the whole militant atheism thing anymore as I think its pointless but his other stuff is good too.

His brothers gud too
>>
>>71816325
sounds like a lawyer using 21st century practice as some kind of moral guide for all history. fuck him.
>>
>>71817077
Time for your prayers Ahmed
>>
File: 1460990188858.png (584 KB, 475x637) Image search: [Google]
1460990188858.png
584 KB, 475x637
Never heard of the guy, but someone who believes in Trotzky can't be all that smart.
>>
File: 1460648317180.jpg (20 KB, 480x364) Image search: [Google]
1460648317180.jpg
20 KB, 480x364
His bro is better and his opinions aren't nihilistic edgy shit
>>
>>71817223
He believed in trotsky when he was very young senpai. Was a capatalist throughout the time he well known
>>
File: 85673765.png (117 KB, 207x268) Image search: [Google]
85673765.png
117 KB, 207x268
>>71816822
>>
File: hitch.jpg (17 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
hitch.jpg
17 KB, 460x276
Superior Hitchens coming through
>tfw your life is greatly enriched by British culture
>tfw you catalogue the demise of the west rather than encourage it
>tfw Christianity provides order and reason to an otherwise chaotic universe
Feels good not being an atheist marxist degenerate
>>
He is dead and was a close-minded idiot. Nearly all other atheists are better, the only good thing is that he wanted to let the state torture and imprison muslims and christians with "dangerous ideas".
>>
>>71816325
I love him
We need more people like him
>>
>>71817252
moot why
>>
File: 1453049406534.jpg (65 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1453049406534.jpg
65 KB, 480x640
About the atheist thing, the belief that no god exists is not any more valid than the belief that a god exists. This is because we don't understand reality. We don't understand the fabric of the universe, we can't actually explain how planets form, we have no theory for the origin of life, or how evolution actually works. We don't know enough to say "Yep. There was no creator!". That's why the atheist debate is moot. Every person who travels around the world telling people that there is no god is no more believable than a person who claims the exact opposite.
>>
>>71816325
who the fuck hates hitchens?
>>
File: 1409595642001.jpg (7 KB, 266x286) Image search: [Google]
1409595642001.jpg
7 KB, 266x286
>>71817400
Doobs confirm it. Understated, reserved, reasoned argument, no pissing contest. The guy would probably battle alone on the shores of England if migrant hordes invaded and the Queen orders it.
>>
>>71817734
Everyone who realizes that the left = the bad guys?
>>
>>71817660
Confirmed for idiot. You're missing the point. Atheists like Hitch argue that there's no evidence, no reason to believe in God. There might be one, but we have no reason to think so. He argues we should move on as a species and cast of this divisive delusion.
>>
>>71816547
This speech is stupid, he's almost saying we owe Africa. But, we already paid Africa for those slaves, infact that's how most of those countries prospered and become wealthy at the time.

The ones who might have gotten something (The ones actually did the labor for no cost whatsoever) are already fucking dead and buried. I mean seriously why would we pay Africa, they're the ones who sold those people, betrayed them in order to become rich. Which his reply is we need to reward that?

Africa is owed nothing if anything Africa owes those who it sold as property. So get paying Africa help those who live in the US, pay them for their ancestors who were enslaved and degraded.
>>
>>71818045
>there's no evidence, no reason to believe in God

The opposite holds true as well.

>we should move on as a species

No way to do that while pretending everyone is equal.
>>
>>71818045
>He argues we should move on as a species and cast of this divisive delusion.
>move on as a species
>move on
This is why he is such a big fucking moron.
>>
>>71817400
He is the better brother.
>>
>>71818045
>implying god would ever reveal himself to you fucking proles

Tippity toppity kek my main m8, animals have no god
>>
>>71818059
Slavery is an integral part of African cultures. It's not white people's fault that African slaves exist. In fact, you could go to Nigeria and acquire a slave there right now. We owe them nothing.
>>
>>71818187
Not an argument.
>>
>>71818104
>The opposite holds true as well.
That's why atheists don't tell you you shouldn't masturbate
>>
>>71818189

> We owe them nothing.

Exactly.

That's why his speech is stupid as shit. But, they're just keep droning it up.
>>
>>71818230
Masturbation is decadent and unhealthy in any case.
>>
i sure wish he carried on talking about politics for the rest of his life than that fucking self resolving issue theism.
>>
>>71818104
>The opposite holds true as well.
How both be true, Fritz?
>>
>>71818313
Good thing we have you to tell us that mr moral authority
>>
>>71818359
Socratic paradox. I know that I know nothing.
>>
>>71818426
I know, right?
>>
File: 1461367790433.png (238 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461367790433.png
238 KB, 500x500
>good speaker, boring writer
>endorsed iraq war
>radical materialiest atheist edgelord
>poonhound degenerate chasing tail
>died of cancer

There's nothing to like about Hitch.
>>
>>71818169
>This is why he is such a big fucking moron.
Because Hitchens was against, imams, priests and popes telling you what their God wants of you?
>>
>>71816325
The wrong Hitchens died.
>>
>>71817936
You can disagree with him certainly, I sure as hell did, but you gotta love him for a lot of the reasons people love trump, he was an opinionated son of a bitch who gave no fucks about speaking his mind - We need more like him in todays society.
>>
>>71818436
Then how can you even express an opinion on the matter? You're defeating your own argument.
>>
Hitchens staked his career and reputation to defend David Irving from the underhanded media attacks against him. And he did so successfully; he established holocaust denial an issue of free speech. He is a leader that is too good for the likes of /pol/
>>
>>71818313
Seems to me, it's just a psychological release. I feel better and more relaxed after doing it (Less Stress). I don't do it often, but I find it strange that people think it's so abhorrent (Especially the Catholic Church). Why is it that whatever humanity does it's considered so vile and sinful?

I always try to practice moderation, and I don't get into any hardcore degeneracy. So what's wrong with a little meat beating now and then? We're not all fortunate and have a GF to do it for us.
>>
>>71818426

rape and child fucking is normal proof me wrong
>>
>>71818536
>You're defeating your own argument.

Do you know what the term "paradox" means, Sven?
>>
File: PolGeneral34.jpg (8 KB, 150x175) Image search: [Google]
PolGeneral34.jpg
8 KB, 150x175
>>71818506
Yeah I'd bet a degenerate like you would say that.

Moral man is too much for you to handle anyways.
>>
>>71818528
He was fantastic.

Here he is absolutely demolishing a rabbi for making fun of infant mutilation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZTS6iVpSPI
>>
>>71818506
Hell no.
>>
>>71818587
Bitte, Fritz. You can't use a paradox in a conversation.
>>
>>71817252
>>
>>71818563
It's a meme.
It's Christianity for plebs, don't do this, do that, pray like this, put an icon here.
Those are irrelevant subjects for overall point of Christianity.
>>
>>71818563
>Why is it that whatever humanity does it's considered so vile and sinful?

The fundamental belief of Abrahamic religions is that God did not intend for us to be the way we are now. Considering all the difficulties we've been having for tens of thousands of years, I can see why so many people believe this.
>>
>>71817276
I'm a big Hitchens fan, but saying he was only a trotskyite in his youth is disingenuous. He was also for the invasion of Iraq.

Nobody's perfect.
>>
>>71818748
>The fundamental belief of Abrahamic religions is that God did not intend for us to be the way we are now. Considering all the difficulties we've been having for tens of thousands of years, I can see why so many people believe this.

Tens of thousands of years? You're a bit short. At least 200.000 years modern man has been on this planet.
>>
>>71818610
You do realize that Peter won't sleep with you, right? You can stop white-knighting now.
>>
A very good speaker, very engaging and charismatic

but I don't consider him to be extraordinarly smart or his views to be particularly deep.
>>
He warned about the Muslim invasion of Europe and the rise of SJWs. Smart guy.
>>
>>71818682
The point of the Socratic paradox is to put in words the utter inability of human beings to uncover the secrets of reality. Our brains are not made to understand the cosmos and all that entails it.
>>71818838
These problems I'm talking about did not exist before we started building civilizations.
>>
File: PolGeneral40.jpg (59 KB, 269x474) Image search: [Google]
PolGeneral40.jpg
59 KB, 269x474
>>71818859
Excellent retort for a degenerate. :^)
>>
CELESTIAL
>>
>>71818731
Sucks too, I feel guilty while doing it. I want to be a good Christian myself, but hate that I might be angering God because I want a physical release.

But, as far as I know the Catholics are really the only ones who say masturbation is a terrible sin. So I'm just wondering if they didn't just say that so they could control everyone. Because I understand why adultery is a sin, even fornication. But, masturbation? Not really the most I could see if that it's a waste of perfectly good semen.

Though even in heterosexual couples when they engage in intercourse they're not fucking each other in the hope of creating a child. So any kind of birth control would be sinful as well. Which I think Catholics also like to say that it's a sin as well (I heard one of the popes say don't use condoms).
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dWxklSFPEA
>>
>>71816325
>caring about pop intellectuals
>being this much of a pleb
>>
>>71816325
I saw him speak. He was a great man. I don't believe in any holy book nor am I convinced there is conclusive evidence that a conscious diety watches over us.
>>
>>71818951
>The point of the Socratic paradox is to put in words the utter inability of human beings to uncover the secrets of reality. Our brains are not made to understand the cosmos and all that entails it.

Am I interpreting you correctly when I take it you're advocating for God because we can't know anyhow?

>These problems I'm talking about did not exist before we started building civilizations.

How would you know? Certainly, civilizations add more people to the mix and changes society. But Hunter- gatherers are and were just like us in every other regard.
>>
File: moralityman.png (155 KB, 249x366) Image search: [Google]
moralityman.png
155 KB, 249x366
>>71818506
>a man who abused drugs and was promiscuous is dead
>it would be better if a sensible man who has lived his life to good standards had died instead
I bet you got triggered pretty hard when morality man told you how sad and unenlightened your life is.
>>
>>71817400
Peter was too afraid to attack religion as a whole because muh queen and country. Where as christopher argued on the merit of historical ideas, both good and bad. There was not a subject he did not tackle with facts and reasoning. It only makes sense christopher championed superior american ideals, while peter was left behind wishing Britain still ruled the world. Christophers book and speeches on jefferson are the most american fucking things in modern times. For an ex trotskyist he sure understood what this nation was founded on.
>>
>>71819113
>thinking god is watching and judging you for masturbating

Youre a walking meme.
>>
>>71819213
>Peter was too afraid to attack religion
Petey detests irreligiosity, what are you on about? Have you read any of his writing?
>>
>>71819208
>morality man

Pathetic. More like "repressed faggot".
>>
>>71819208
Daily reminder peter got cucked by his brother
>>
>>71818731
>>71818748
>>71819113
But really I think I put way too much value into what the Catholics say. Pretty much all organized religion has been terribly skewed lately. I think I'll just put my faith in God where it should be.

If it's a sin, then I stand guilty and ready to accept God's fair judgement. It should be appropriate to the crime so it shouldn't be too harsh. If it is really harsh, then he is not God and I need not fear him (Doesn't embody justice).
>>
>>71819205
>I take it you're advocating for God

Sure, no reason not to.

>But Hunter- gatherers are and were just like us

There was one significant difference: Natural selection weeded out the weak. We, as civilized human beings, have no means to take them out. They'll be our downfall.
>>
>>71818480
Moving on as a species is such a typical liberal way of thinking. Humans can't "move on". We're biological creatures, very limited in what we can do (fallen as Christians would say). 'Moving on' is not a decision, not a cognitive step, not even a choice, as he should know as both an atheist and materialist.
>>
>>71819289
I take my religion very seriously.
>>
>>71816325
>Admit it pol. You cant hate him. He stand for alot of what you detest, but hes just too damn smart and too damned good at speaking for you to hate him
That's not Sargon of Akkad
>>
>>71819340
Peter is the classic /pol/ right winger, and mirror of an SJW. Liberals will defend islam all day, and attack christianity. You niggers will attack islam and defend christianity. Youre both stupid.
>>
File: good goy.jpg (16 KB, 252x291) Image search: [Google]
good goy.jpg
16 KB, 252x291
>>71819352
>encourages people to abandon moral values in favour of atheism
gee, who could be behind this post?

>>71819363
evidence?
>>
>>71819548
Hitchens was calling out radical islam well before anyone else. People just didnt listen to him because they got their feelings hurt when he called out mother teresa and the catholic church.
>>
>>71816325
hate him ? nah, but i lost a lot of respect for him when he supported the invasion of iraq while maintaining his militant atheism - if he'd done one and not the other he'd have been less of a hypocritical pillock i think.
>>
>>71819645
>Hitchens was calling out radical islam well before anyone else
Are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>71819602
Peter describes it in great detail. They were in new york and his brother literally fucked a qt red head infront of him. Source? Idk, i havnt watched or read the hitchen brothers in years. This shit is old news to me.
>>
>>71819645
Radical western Judaic-egalitarian bullshit is what made Islam radical to begin with. We had amazing relations with Islam before the great wars, communism and the so-called enlightenment.
>>
>>71819509
And I suppose you, the enlightened Mr. Centre-ground, are somehow above this? Face it, you live with moral values created by Christian men who were thinking with a Christian mindset. Only recently have people become so complacent as to think they can have morality while shaking off all of the constraints of religion.
>>
>>71819383
Are you saying we as a species haven't made any strides since say 10.000 or even 300 years ago? Come on. Throwing of religion as a species is not that much of a stretch, even though it won't happen for a long time, Hitchens himself even said that.
>>
>>71819723
Are you? Your dismissive fedora meme has clouded your mind. Go check all of hitchens old speeches on Islam. Some of them are before 9/11. Im sure some authors beat him to the punch, but nowhere near the exposure.
>>
>>71819381
There's every reason. God is absent, priests and imams are telling people what a highest, unseen authority wants of you. They've devoted their lives to interpreting holy texts.
Doesn't that bother you that they know better than you and you should obey them if God is real?

>There was one significant difference: Natural selection weeded out the weak. We, as civilized human beings, have no means to take them out. They'll be our downfall.

Humans have never really been particularly subject to natural selection. Even Hunter-gatherers manipulate(ed) nature around them in order to get the most out of their surroundings.
Btw, take out who, who is our downfall?

>>71819383
Don't you think Hitchens meant 'move on' as in forgoing the old faiths such as Christianity and Islam? I'm pretty sure this was what Hitchens meant by 'moving on'. It is possible and happening, and that is most definitely a choice.
>>
>>71819205
>Am I interpreting you correctly when I take it you're advocating for God because we can't know anyhow?
Nah I think what they're saying is that they're smarter then everybody because they don't take a position. Fucking agnostics, I've got nothing against religious people but I wouldn't piss on a fucking agnostic if they were on fire.
>>
>>71819781
Dude, get off that Mountain Dew.
>>
>>71819843
There's nothing wrong with taking the good parts and disregarding the bullshit
>>
>>71819781
Provide a source or shut up, loser.

>>71819862
>strides
Why must liberals always refer to society as moving forward? I suppose next you'll be telling us it's the CURRENT YEAR and explaining how this means religion is irrelevant.
>>
>>71819782
No, we havnt.

>>71819843
The idea that religion creates morality is absurd. Civilization existed well before your ten commandments faggot, and even then your country proved that theocracy leads to failure in the long run. Laws should not be written by the church.
>>
>>71819889
I do not believe in equality and ridicule everyone who does, I'd be a hypocrite if I outright denied someone who claims they're more powerful and valid than I am.

>Btw, take out who, who is our downfall?

The weak. That should be obvious. They'll set the world on fire before ever admitting that the strong should reign supreme.
>>
>>71819896
It's hard to tell if Fritz is agnostic or a Jew. Rabbis argue similarly. To a thesit or atheist however, there's no such thing as an agnostic because belief is an active decision.
It's an On and Off switch. You're either on, or off. There is no inbetween.
>>
>>71819948
>>71820066
I really dont care desu cunt. Like I said this material is years old. Catch up.
>>
>>71820029
Fine, but in that case there is nothing wrong with defending christianity, which is what the guy I was replying to said was a bad thing. If you aren't willing to defend the moral values on which your country was built, your country will fall to other ideologies (and we all know who I'm talking about here).
>>
>>71820095
> I'd be a hypocrite if I outright denied someone who claims they're more powerful and valid than I am.

I don't get your position. You're basically saying agree to suck a Catholic priests cock then blow yourself up because an Imam told you so.

>The weak. That should be obvious. They'll set the world on fire before ever admitting that the strong should reign supreme.

Who are the strong then? Don't be deliberately vague. Please, as a curtasy, elaborate your points better.
>>
File: 1456072092264.jpg (39 KB, 305x420) Image search: [Google]
1456072092264.jpg
39 KB, 305x420
>>71820090
>No, we havnt.

You haven't, but we aren't like you, are we? Wilhelm II. was about to complete a railway from Berlin to Baghdad, that would've made us completely independent from Britsh-American industrials, right before the Sarajevo shit ruined everything. If you'd left us to our own devices back then, all of mankind would be beautiful and at peace now.
>>
>>71820066
What do you mean? Would you say for instance that contempt for slavery is not an improvement that humanity has made?
>>
>>71819548
who is that?
>>
>>71820272
>Who are the strong then?

Those who desire supremacy instead of equality. "Anti-semites" as we're often referred to.
>>
>>71817660
>make claim without evidence
>people dismiss the claim

That is allt here is to it. No matter how much sophistry you're gonna produce it won't change the matter of fact that you're a delusional baby afraid of dying if you try to rationalize your belief in god that hard.
>>
>>71820090
Good thing Christianity wasn't the first religion then isn't it? Cultures have had religions since way before Christ, and they have provided meaning for people's lives (either good or bad). Without religion, you are little more than a caveman fooling himself into think he is sophisticated because he is surrounded by advanced technology.
>>
>>71820354
What I said remains true; Atheists do not have intellectual superiority - scientists are just as split over God's existence or the lack thereof as any other group of people.

If you disagree, you treat atheist thought like a religion, claiming it to be absolute and infallible, further proving my point.
>>
>>71817400

Peter's and Christopher's debate concerning religion was fucking amazing.
>>
>>71819862
It's just a fallacy to assume because there has been development in some small aspects of humans (understanding of physics, some chemistry, very limited biology) to conclude from that any wide changing effects on society that can be actually willingly instituted by humans. Again, it is a very technocratic, liberal and misanthrophic way to think about human societies.

>>71819887
This can't be real. Islam is a big issue since at least the 80s. Hitchens just jumped on it in his opportunistic ways. He neither ploughed nor sowed. It blossomed and he plucked the flowers. Please don't assume pundits who make bad and misinformed and disingenuous arguments are the pinnacle of human understanding, just because that's your only source of information.
>>
>>71816325
His brother's much better. Watch him eat these leftists for breakfast, not to mention the based black girl calling out the Jew

https://youtu.be/Rc3aIyF5mS8?t=543
>>
>>71820354
Problem is that most athiests, yourself included, fail to recognise that the same logic can be applied to their perception of reality. You make the claim that there is no God, and people can dismiss that claim because there is no evidence. Not a difficult concept, but one that atheists are incapable of accepting when it's turned on them.
>>
He's great at trolling American liberals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axHR8AOxxkc
>>
>>71820345
>Those who desire supremacy instead of equality. "Anti-semites" as we're often referred to.

Loonybin material you.
>>
File: 1459079756640.jpg (44 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
1459079756640.jpg
44 KB, 500x350
>>71820540
>>
His explanation as to why women aren't funny was funnier than any woman.
>>
>>71820573
Brainwashed quitter. To think your ancestors were the shining heroes of the protestant world.
>>
File: The future awaits.png (372 KB, 682x456) Image search: [Google]
The future awaits.png
372 KB, 682x456
Who here /EnlightenedAdmirerofBothBrothers/?7

I was your typical teenage anti-theist; had Christopher's podcasts/speeches on my iPod, listened to them religiously and so on. Two things he said stuck in my mind, however, and prevented me from going the whole 9 yards. I can't remember them word-for-word, but they were essentially this:

1) Trying to get atheists to agree on anything is like trying to herd cats.

2) At the end of that 'Collision' documentary, when asked if he could convince the very last religious believer out of his faith, he said he wouldn't do it.

Likewise I admire Peter, but since reading Evola I've fallen out of love with Christianity. What made Christianity 'good' in the West is that it was CULTURAL Christianity; moulded and adapted around the cultures/traits/etc already present in the West. As societies across the world descend into the same consumerist, materialist carbon copies of one another; what we are left with is Christianity without the Culture that made it great. What we are left with is the pure, cucked Christianity of the current Pope (and others).

Both brothers were/are good and bad in their own rights. I wish Christopher was around nowadays to deal with all the Islam/Muslim appeasement; and I like Peter being around for righteously lecturing all the bourgeois bohemians, hedonistic libertines and general nihilists of today.

P.S: I made a lot of the Peter OC in days gone by. Some of you may know who I am.
>>
>>71820656
>Brainwashed quitter. To think your ancestors were the shining heroes of the protestant world.

To your deluded mind perhaps. I'm just as much of an anti-semite as you, but you come off as a crazy person.
>>
File: gray1_2487289b.jpg (51 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
gray1_2487289b.jpg
51 KB, 620x388
>>71820433
>>
>>71816325
His brother is better tbqh
>>
>>71820494
It's misanthropic to think that society can improve itself? Which it has obviously, you don't measure that by some advances in science, as you try to do.
>>
>>71820743
I'm not an anti-semite, you delusional fuck. I sound crazy to you because you've been tricked into believing a world without equality would be some kind of horrific dystopia. But you're living in the horrific dystopia right now. This giant delusion in which one human being isn't considered to be worth more than the other has created this outrageous mess that nobody seems to know how to fix. Well I do. And eventually, someone like me will fix it.
>>
>>71820540
There is no evidence of there not being evidence? That's an extremely poor argument for existence for that thing. Of course it's not accepted.
>>
>>71820897

>He thinks material gains (technological/scientific/etc) as the cost of morality/culture/etc is a good thing

Modern 'progress' is a thin veneer; beneath which, Humanity is rotting. Bourgeois bohemians, hedonistic libertines and moral/cultural relativists who spare no thought for the morrow and who devote themselves to carnal pleasures.

In short, they are the Nihilists whom Evola addressed.
>>
>>71821124
Noone has ever proven the nonexistence of God, is that so hard to understand?
>>
>>71816325
Who would hate hitchens? Openly stated women aren't funny and why, blasted Muslims, was an atheist without being a fedora.

BASED HITCH
>>
>>71821184
Which is a really poor argument for the existence of that thing. Russel's teapot etc. Is that so hard to understand?
>>
>>71821184
so if god exists, why did he make me an atheist?
>>
>>71816656
your country has computers? I didnt know that
I didnt know that
>>
>>71821101
If you're not an anti-Semite, you shouldn't have written you were referred to as one. Alas, you're an anti-Semite.

> I sound crazy to you because you've been tricked into believing a world without equality would be some kind of horrific dystopia

No, you sound crazy because you keep adding bits and pieces to who you think I am. I never commented on equality, you can't know what I think on the matter.
You never asked for clarification. Hence, you're a loony especially after this gem
>And eventually, someone like me will fix it.
>>
>>71821129
I just said that is exactly what I don't think. You're just strawmanning.
>>
>>71820492
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XHv7IQCg-w
>>
>>71821253
For goodness sake, neither I or the other guy is trying to prove that God exists. There is no evidence either way, so atheists and Christians are simply choosing the reality in which they live. Christians prefer a reality governed by a higher moral power, you prefer one governed by... nothing?
>>
>>71817374
A penal colony.
>>
>>71821184
No one has proved, or disproved, God.

In fact, it is unreasonable to think anyone even could do either. If you believe in God, fine; if you disbelieve in God, also fine; however, do not go further than that or else you step into the nonsensical.
>>
File: Really lad.png (231 KB, 304x366) Image search: [Google]
Really lad.png
231 KB, 304x366
>>71821388

In what ways do you think society has immaterially advanced, then? Because if you think modern generations are morally better than their predecessors, prepare to be laughed at.
>>
>>71821253
>Which is a really poor argument for the existence of that thing.

I haven't claimed God exists, just that you cannot claim he does not. Why is it so hard to understand? Unless you're a fanatic, you will admit that we are unknowing enough to say God might exist.

>>71821370
Your argumentation makes it clear that you think the strong shouldn't be bestowed with an elevated status.
>>
>>71821491
My point exactly.
>>
>>71821431
>There is no evidence either way, so atheists and Christians are simply choosing the reality in which they live.

You can't choose your reality as much as you can accept or strive to change your living conditions. Christians can strive to make a Christian nation to live in.
Pretty sure most atheists don't think even Christians can live up to a "higher moral power" they profess because fear if they don't isn't a good motivator. You can't invest in denying your feelings.
>>
>>71820316
cp star
>>
>>71821491
This isn't accurate. Since God can't be proved nor disproved it can be dismissed without proof.
You can't work with the concept of God in anyway. It tells you nothing.
>>
>>71821526
>Your argumentation makes it clear that you think the strong shouldn't be bestowed with an elevated status.

You should make a habit of asking people for clarification instead of making up assumptions, but I think you might require medication first, you weirdo.
>>
>>71816325
Vox Day refuted all of his arguments. He is intellectually bankrupt.
>>
>>71821512
Contempt for slavery, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, just to name a few.
>>
File: 1459886812675.jpg (91 KB, 850x636) Image search: [Google]
1459886812675.jpg
91 KB, 850x636
He is a degenerate butt fucker.
>>
>>71821253
But there are other arguments for existence you blithering idiot. That's why it's important that non-existence hasn't been proven. Why is this logic so hard to follow for German cucks?
>>
>>71821431
It's not a matter of what I prefer. There is no reason to presume that reality is governed by a higher power. I'm not sure if I would prefer it being so or not.
>>
File: asdaxasd.jpg (5 KB, 339x149) Image search: [Google]
asdaxasd.jpg
5 KB, 339x149
hey cunts wanna get mad? watch pete on a panel with a feminist, a jew, a flaming faget and lefty shill audience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoUIa5_yFI8
>>
File: Peace.jpg (118 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
Peace.jpg
118 KB, 600x500
>>71821851

>Slavery
>Always bad

>Freedom of Speech
>Not the best friend of all subversives and Fifth Columns

>Freedom of Religion
>Strike three, Ahmed
>>
>>71821526
My argument remains the same. Again you say that because it can't be proven God does not exist it is somehow as reasonable a position to have as that he doesn't. A thinking error that many people fall for.
>>
>>71817252
How u do dis
>>
>>71822076
Gosh I guess you got me there. Great stuff.
>>
>>71822014
Have seen this before, it's one of the most infuriating things I've ever seen. Dan Savage epitomises the modernist liberal atheist; he has total conviction that he is a 'good person', but treats people who disagree with him with total disrespect and hatred. In other words an indignant manchild, and the worst thing is that people applaud him for it and agree with him.
>>
>>71816325

he was very eloquent, and a master rhetorician.

beyond that, i have nothing nice to say. he simply had absolutely no other redeeming qualities.
>>
>Philandering hedonist Trotskyist turned Neocon atheist Jew

No
>>
If he was still alive he would be the strongest voice against muslims in the west. Yet you idiot try to bash him because he was an atheist.
>>
File: 1460387984879.gif (703 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1460387984879.gif
703 KB, 245x245
Reminder that there are still people in 2016 that believe in a mystical omnipotent being. Thousand year old fairy tales still govern people and nations.

If you are not agnostic you are either lying to yourself or delusional.
>>
>>71822855
Abílio gets it.
>>
>>71816325
We needed him for this election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE8PG2mpo58
>>
>>71822911
>If you are not agnostic you are either lying to yourself or delusional.

and yet, His invisible qualities are made manifest by what is evidenced all around us.

indeed, SOMEONE is lying to themselves.

and does it ever get tiring to keep having to fall back on the same exhausted insults? atheists have got to be the least creative people on the planet.
>>
>>71823153
Agnostic =/= Athiest
>>
>>71816325
how's it going, worm breath?
>>
>>71823289

you said:

>If you are not agnostic you are either lying to yourself or delusional.

so, in a single sentence you affirmed two things: the first is that you do not know if God exists. the second was, if anyone does believe in God, they are "lying to themselves."

only you cannot affirm the latter without taking a firm atheist position.

these are mutually exclusive positions.

i do not think you are thinking these things through.
>>
>>71822014
I disagree with Peter Hitchens on a lot of issues, but he's the only one on that panel whom has the balls to enter a hostile room and argue his point of view.
>>
>>71816325

I honestly think that a lot of the reasons why people love Hitchens and Zizek are the references. Nothing makes you sound more brilliant and informed than tossing them off when speaking to a group.

Most of the people watching like to think that they're well-informed, smart people, and when they hear a reference that they almost get but don't really understand, they feel inadequate. The real effect though, is that it makes them think that the speaker is much more well-read and educated than them.

Don't do it in conversation, unless you want to be a prick. But with large audiences it's very effective.
>>
>>71823516
Lying to themselves in the way that they can not know God is real
>>
>>71823289

seriously, Ausbro, watch this in full. i think you will appreciate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6aDoOzYN-U

there is, after all, no bigger question than this one - and there is no decision with greater consequences.
>>
>>71823682
>Lying to themselves in the way that they can not know God is real

i can state that i know, with certainty, that God is real. and i am not lying to myself by making that statement.

there are a number of lines of reasoning one can follow to arrive at that conclusion. i posted a video above that discusses some of those reasons. there are other reasons which i feel are far more compelling.

check it out.
>>
>>71823861
Then you fall into the delusional category, friendo.
>>
>>71823598

>I disagree with Peter Hitchens on a lot of issues

Is it because you're a cuck?
>>
>>71818615
I find it apt that he (inadvertently) uses the exclamation 'for Christ's sake', a literal appeal to Christian morality.
>>
>>71821316

you made your self a atheist by not believing, and thank god for that option because there are so many cunts i dont like to see in heaven
>>
>>71823910

i don't think you understand...

you seem to be maintaining both that you DO NOT KNOW about a matter, AND that if another person has knowledge of the matter, that they are either deceiving themselves or mad.

perhaps you simply are not privy to some things that others know. i invite you to investigate it. after all, this is one of the big questions... and it has consequences that are profound in this life, and eternal in the next.
>>
>>71817400
PH is the best
>>
>>71823602
I think what you said here is true. For me it also led to checking a lot of his references. He's not talking out of his neck luckily.
>>
>>71824410
I will give the video a look.

My current view on religion in general is simple, I don't know. Nor would any other living person know for certain.

What knowledge are you referring to, regarding the existence of God?

How can a human being have knowledge of such a thing?
>>
>>71819383
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VphPebctAsM
>>
>>71824872
>What knowledge are you referring to, regarding the existence of God?

math. specifically, statistics and probability. also, reason - because, although i have heard many a very convincing logical argument for theism formulated, i have *never* heard anything approaching a cogent, logical argument for theism formulated by any philosopher. and, whereas the theistic arguments may have some *possible* arguments against them (though those counter-arguments tend to be quite weak and subject to their own sets of criticisms), the very non-existence of positive arguments for the atheist position is itself an additional argument for the theistic position.

...but i think math and probability is sufficient proof.
>>
>>71816656
I thought it was peter who was the Trotskyite
>>
>>71825328
proof of Order is proof of God
>>
If Hitch were still around, who do you think he would support in this election? We know his thoughts about Clinton, so not her anyway. I doubt he could get behind Ted Cruz given his stance on religion. How do you think he'd react to Trump?
>>
>>71821728
>Since God can't be proved nor disproved it can be dismissed without proof.

Just because something can be dismissed without proof does not mean it should be dismissed without proof.
>>
>>71819781

Oh my God, you are literally so fucking retarded that you thought that greentext story about Christopher fucking a girl in front of Peter was true. Holy shit, that's like a negative IQ.
>>
>>71822154
>It can't be proven that God exist
is not a more valid argument than
>It can't be proven that God does not exist

Atheists are just the opposite side of the crazy spectrum; You are fanatics, who cling to their fanatical belief despite being backed by nothing. The only reasonable, scientific position is that we can't know.
>>
>>71825328
Where is this proof?
>>
>>71825842
>You are fanatics, who cling to their fanatical belief despite being backed by nothing.

works both ways, although the burden of proof should be on the believers
>>
>>71820316

Your ticket to jail.
>>
>>71825328
Atheism is not a position that makes a positive claim, there can' be positive evidence for it.
>>71825842
But that is exactly my position, that we can't know. For the trillionth time though, the unfalsifiability of God does not make it a strong argument as you say again. It's a very weak argument. Do yourself a favour and look up Russel's teapot.
>>
>>71825967
What's so hard to comprehend about
>we can't know.
The only reasonable people involved are the ones who approach the question scientifically, without the slightest hint of belief - the only people who should be taken seriously in the debate are the ones who realize knowledge, fact and evidence are unattainable when it comes to the God question. We don't know whether God exists. That means theists are wrong, and it means atheists are wrong. For a strictly rational human being, this isn't hard to grasp.
>>
>>71825967
Why?
"Burden of proof" is just a rhetorical tool of convenience, it has no bearing on actual reality.
>>
>>71826207
>the unfalsifiability of God does not make it a strong argument

Neither does the unfalsifiability of claims that he's not there. What makes me mad is that you seem to believe one lunatic is slightly less lunatic than the other one.
>>
>>71826351
>Neither does the unfalsifiability of claims that he's not there
But that is a falsifiable claim. Where are the miralces? Why does God not speak to us, why does he not give evidence. I'm afraid you're very wrong here.

Oh and I never called believers lunatics.
>>
>>71826207
People (myself included, and this will be the last post trying to help you understand) have explained this over and over to you throughout the thread. NO ONE IS CLAIMING TO KNOW. What people do claim is that they believe in God, and believe in the values of Christianity. Stating that Christians need to 'prove' something in order to believe in God is reliant on the assumption that irreligiosity as a default human behaviour and that atheism is our default status, which is patently not the case. You only expose your own inability to empathise with the beliefs of others when you fail to understand this simple fact.
>>
>>71826549
The miracles are everywhere. We cannot explain the structure of reality. Ask any astrophysicist why the universe is the way it is. He'll tell you that nobody knows.
>>
>>71826295
Exactly, this isn't about actual reality.
>>
>>71819781

That was a copypasta fuckwit
>>
File: pepe annoyed.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
pepe annoyed.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>sophist scum is good at sophistry that's why you should love him

Plato is rolling in his grave right now.
>>
>>71826207
>muh Russell's teapot

Yet another rhetorical tool of convenience, and a dishonest one at that as it deliberately creates an unrealistic scenario that people will automatically dismiss out of hand. While there is no evidence to support the claim that there is no teapot floating out in space, there is strong evidence that there is not, which people will unconsciously weigh against the prior lack of evidence.

There is no however no such strong evidence against the existence of god. So you expect people to automatically dismiss an argument based on no evidence based on an argument with no evidence. It's ludicrous.
>>
>>71826588
>NO ONE IS CLAIMING TO KNOW.

There are plenty of people who claim to know God is real, plenty of people who claim to know that he's not. Both groups wreak havoc and spill blood.
>>
File: trotsky.jpg (36 KB, 641x432) Image search: [Google]
trotsky.jpg
36 KB, 641x432
>>71816325
He is a filthy communist kike enabler
Also
>smart
kek
You need to meet more people m8. Some nice debating skills aren't that hard to find.
>>
File: 1457279637011.gif (1 MB, 250x198) Image search: [Google]
1457279637011.gif
1 MB, 250x198
>>71825788
>>71826746
Holy shit this is funny
>>
>>71826695
>>71826295
prove it, to me
>>
>>71819213
Why would PH attack religion? He believes the evidence for Christianity is the superior civilisation it produced. Or would you rather be living in Saudi Arabia or China?
>>
>>71826844
I meant in this thread, where the guy I'm responding to has consistently ignored our attempts to help him understand that atheism is not the default.
>>
>>71826964
What are you asking me to prove and why should I?
>>
So much strawmanning.
>People (myself included, and this will be the last post trying to help you understand) have explained this over and over to you throughout the thread. NO ONE IS CLAIMING TO KNOW.
I simply countered your argument. Calm down.

> irreligiosity as a default human behaviour and that atheism is our default status, which is patently not the case
Humans obviously are very sensitive to religion. But logically you have to prove the existence of something, it is not that the doubter has to prove the non-existence of something (that's impossible).
>You only expose your own inability to empathise with the beliefs of others when you fail to understand this simple fact.
You don't know what I empathise with. I understand the urge to believe very well.
>>
>>71826670
Not knowing is not an argument for god. You would really benefit from watching some of the videos of the guy who this thread is about.
>>
>>71827038
I agree with you wholeheartedly, belief in supernatural entities is a cultural universal and appears much more plausible to most people.
>>
>>71827367
Not knowing is an argument against god. You would do wise trying to pay less attention to people who profess in using big words.
>>
They only time I've heard him speak he could barely stumble any words out of his fat fucking face
>>
>>71827490
*not an argument against God
>>
>>71827490
>>71827520
So? I never claimed it was...
>>
>>71827038
Oops forgot to link your post
>>71827271
>>
>>71827633
Great, that means you will soon find yourself refusing to believe God does not exist.
>>
>>71826841
What is the strong evidence that there is not? The whole point of the argument is that it is not possible to have evidnece against it, as is the case with god. That's the point of the argument.
>>
>>71827786
I'm sorry but I'm not going to explain again. You can read previous posts and maybe you'll see why what you said there is nonsense.
>>
>>71826900
Trotski was a very smart person, you should try to read his works before you start talking shit. Smart people are not always good, neither they always right.
>>
>>71827883
>Why would there be a giant teapot in space?

Good question, no satisfactory answers.

>Why would there be a god?

Many answers that would make you question the very foundations of human self-reflection.

>>71828073
You are the nonsensical one because you have no reason to believe God does not exist.
>>
>>71828166
The point is they have equal amounts of evidence.

>You are the nonsensical one because you have no reason to believe God does not exist.
The complete lack of evidence is a good reason.
>>
>>71823721
Well I watched the whole thing and I'm still an atheist.

What now?
>>
File: 1453067221496.jpg (50 KB, 647x960) Image search: [Google]
1453067221496.jpg
50 KB, 647x960
>>71828418
>the complete lack of evidence that God does not exist is a good reason to believe God does not exist
>>
Literary who?
>>
>>71828418
>The complete lack of evidence is a good reason.

If god was real and he wants you to have faith , why would there be any evidence?
>>
>>71828641
>the complete lack of evidence that God does not exist is a good reason to believe God does not exist

It's a bad reason to believe in his existence,

I said

>The complete lack of evidence is a good reason.

to believe god does not exist,

You're making a fool of yourself.
>>
>>71816325
I miss him. I miss the days when fedoras used to btfo every religion with ebin memes and probability arguments.

Now we apparently have to suck muslim cock? Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>71816547
I wonder if people like him think that blacks were just like wild animals and whites came to africa to "catch" some of them or something like that...

Black slaves were sold by OTHER BLACKS, NOT WHITES THAT CAME TO THEIR COUNTIES AND HUNTED THEM FOR FUCKS SAKE.
Also i think that less than 0.01% people in USA got ancestors that "owned" slaves.
Blacks in those times deserve absolutely fucking nothing.

If i had the chance to be treated like a black person (same situation i'am in right now, my life just being treated like a black person would be) i wouldn't hesitate a second.
It's easier to get a good job because dem diversity quotas.
It's easier to get into a good school because otherwise whitey is racist because there is only 2% of POC in this school.

Fuck every fucking black person that think they are oppressed in any way.
>>
>>71828946
That might convince you if you think God regards you as a plaything and is playing sick mind games with you.

Lack of evidence is actually evidence! You're being conned.
>>
>>71829020
>It's a bad reason to believe in his existence,

But a good reason to believe in his nonexistence?

You're biased and thus unworthy of this debate, that's all there is to it.
>>
>>71829476
>But a good reason to believe in his nonexistence?

For fucks sake I never said that. The fact that there is no evidence for God is a good reason to doubt his existence. That's what I said, and don't you agree?

Give evidence for the existence of God and you have an argument. Not the word games saying there is no evidence for his nonexistence. The burden of proof is on you.
>>
>>71816325
Was he an atheist or agnostic? He seemed to be very anti-religion, but I'm not sure he was strictly against the idea of there being a "God" or "creator"
>>
>>71830882
He was an anti-theist. He hated the idea of being born under a celestial dictatorship and was glad to find there is no evidence for it.
>>
>>71830211
>don't you agree?

No.
>>
He was ok when he was younger and not as drugged out.
By the time he was going on the road doing his fedora greatest hits then he was pathetic tier. His M.O. was to come up with a few memes and then repeat them. If you watch enough of him on youtube you'll see the patterns.
>>
>>71816325

I'd have fighted him and took great pleasure in breaking his jaw on both mandibles then biting his fucking nose off and spit it in his cunt face.
>>
>>71831156
The fact that there is no evidence for vampires and werewolves is not a good reason not to believe in them either then?
>>
>>71831124
What about that interview he did while undergoing chemo? He certainly didn't dismiss the concept of a "prime mover" but did attack those who claim to speak on its behalf.
>>
>>71831687
Can you link me? I know he pointed out the distinction between deism and theism often but I have never seen him say that he is a deist. He often said that deists like Thomas Jefferson would probably be atheists now, seeing how much more we know about the universe and life on earth.
>>
>>71816325
>but hes just too damn smart and too damned good at speaking for you to hate him
Nope. He's semi-well read on history
>too damned good at speaking for you to hate him
Now that I can admit. Very good rhetoritician. But he got his debating and arguing skills from William Buckley
>>
>>71816325
Two brothers, one atheist lives an atheist life style.
One Christian lives a Christian life style.
One dies young.
Even leaving religion out of it, that must tell you something.
>>
>>71831627
One day you will understand that beliefs are not a good way to approach questions that have no answer.
>>
>>71818471
>>died of cancer
you forgot how his nihilism contributed to his alcoholism and chronic smoking which in turn contributed to his cancer
>>
>>71828641

While lack of evidence =/= evidence of absence, but when it pertains to something as omnipresent as ~God~ don't you think you should have a more comprehensive case study in his favour?
>>
>>71832078
Interview is posted in this article.

It's interesting that all of the atheists cited in this article and those in the video interview are Jewish.
>>
File: image.jpg (161 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161 KB, 800x1000
>>71832621
Whoops. Forgot the link.

http://religionnews.com/2016/04/20/dying-christopher-hitchens-considered-christianity-new-book-claims/
>>
>>71832340
I approach questions by looking at evidence mostly. Believers are more led by beliefs. You are accusing me of something that I explicitly argues against.
>>
>>71832749
Yeah disgusting practice. Hitchens said people would probably make up 'deathbed conversions' stories after his death, as they did with Darwin and others.

http://moralarc.org/real-christopher-hitchens/
>>
>>71833192
I agree. His "friend" should have kept his mouth shut. If he didnt personally state it or have it In his will, their is no reason to believe otherwise.

The interview in the article does suggest that he is open to the idea of Gods existence though. It should also be noted how many Jews push Atheism. It is definitely concerning that the ideology is largely promoted by the Jews.
>>
>>71833192
That's fucking disgusting. I'm battling cancer at the moment as well and religious acquaintances can almost turn into vultures. I'm fairly polite so I humour their "kindness", but I gotta say it's a bit crass.
>>
>>71831627

now hold on there i belief in evolution and anything is possible so why would i have any reason to not belief in vampires if not on this day on earth .Vampires could live among the billions of planets
>>
>>71834791

t. Totalbiscuit
>>
>>71834791
Totalbiscuit? Get well soon, friend.
>>
>>71835324
Just cause I have cancer dont mean im suddenly a faggot. Fuck that cunt.
>>
>>71834791
Sorry to hear that man. I wish you strength. This might cheer you up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjKJ92b9Y04
>>
>>71835009
Maybe we will even evolve into gods and each create our own universes
>>
>>71834791
Love your YouTube videos dude

Hope you get better!
>>
>People here falling for Pascals Wager meme
>People falling for the absolute morality meme
>Muh edgy
Kek.
Religious are the greatest cowards and cucks. Based Nietzsche was right; they have a Sklavenmoral.
>>
>>71835769
Thanks pal, deathbed hitchens was fairly ebin as he gave even less fucks than before.
>>
>>71816325
As a former Marxist myself, everything he wrote made perfect sense. He would have hated SJWs - for the same reasons /pol/ does.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.