[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How intelligent is Trump's foreign policy? If we decide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
How intelligent is Trump's foreign policy?

If we decide to ignore our east asian allies, Taiwan will with 100% certainty get assimilated into China. South korea and Japan will both have to negotiate some kind of alliance as well, making a broader east asian ideological block that defies our own.

The thing is, as undesirable as american hegemony is, if it isn't the us, then it will be someone else. In this case China.
>>
Trump will grind the chink's bones to bake his bread

Leave the chinks to trump
>>
>>71815666
That's not an argument. Are you retarded?
>>
With Shinzo Abe on the helm, it just means Japan gets to have its own official army back, now that americans cannot protect them anymore.
>>
>>71815728
Hello Steven
>>
>>71815772
They can't defend themselves against china and they do not want to go to war. It would be more to their advantage to make a shift in international relations.

>>71815794
My name is Anthony
>>
Christ /pol/ sorry to disrupt your race baiting threads. I just thought someone might be interested in actually discussing politics.
>>
>>71816151
Suck my dick
>>
>>71816203
>muh dick
I think you would fit in real well on reddit, with rest of the mindless masses that don't actively question political platforns but go along with whatever everyone else does.
You are literally too fucking dumb to be criticizing niggers on /pol/.
>>
File: 1456512533072.png (535 KB, 646x494) Image search: [Google]
1456512533072.png
535 KB, 646x494
I think that arming our friends with swords to defend themselves is prob a good idea. Charge 'em the big bucks for our protection.

But what I never understand about Trump's policy is how we would be able to make other countries cough up the dough to pay off our debt, when we can't cough up anything ourselves as a nation.
>>
>>71815981

>defend themselves against china

What, pray tell, do the chinese have planned for japan?

>muh ground invasion
>muh war

Why would that even make sense?

It woulf invariably drive the US to war if that were the case.

Your uninformed opinion sucks.
>>
File: trumpchina.png (105 KB, 903x814) Image search: [Google]
trumpchina.png
105 KB, 903x814
This is Trump's plan(or the bullet points of it) to take on China. China is pissing off the entire world, but our allies in the East Asian area are not confident in us to back them up, or at least Japan isn't I believe. I think we are actually or just finished a joint training mission with the Philippines, but you are correct that we're in a scary placee with China right now. They've now got jets and plan to use transportable nuclear plants to power their push into the island. The South China Sea will turn into a war zone if China does not back away in my opinion. The US admirals want to be more aggressive but the White House won't let them. Obama is doing everything in his power to weaken the USA I believe.
>>
File: tyson.0.jpg (55 KB, 637x768) Image search: [Google]
tyson.0.jpg
55 KB, 637x768
East Asia would not experience such drastic change.

The PRC may have regional hegemony but they are too self-absorbed to make any overtly military overture. They will just claim all their original land and pressurise Taiwan to make the right choice, which is to avoid virtual annihilation. The Chinks alrdy preferred ROK over the DPRK so no dif.

As for Japan, the bigger threat to its sovereignty is Russia to the North. Rather than looking to the Far East or the South China Sea, Americans should focus on the repercussions in Europe and the Middle East, should that happen. As it would be far FAR worse.
>>
>>71816723
The Chinese will slowly take over the area and then dominate all trade routes among other things. They just kidnapped Taiwanese people in Kenya. China is very aggressive
>>
>>71816723
They could easily offer trade incentives (china is their biggest trading partner) and their own protection. Why would japan choose to side with a usa that is declining economically and culturally and now globally.
>>
>>71816903
The problem is that China is not pissing off the world. It is pissing off the Japanese/Pinoys/Taiwanese/Viets, which is hardly by any stretch of the measure, a fair representation of the global demographic.

Rather, the US is pissing on China. The SCS is the pissing match of the big boys, not the shrimp dicks of Asia. It will not turn to a war zone, unless MURIKA pushes into Chinese turf. If such an event were to take place, the only winner of these disputes would be the Russian Federation. So pick your battles wisely.
>>
I wonder if Abe is gonna restore the navy when pacific fleet fucks off, otherwise japs are gonna be in deep shit.
>>
>>71817216
I don't consider myself well versed on the subject and have only been paying close attention to China in the last month. In that time I've learned

-The Chinese kidnapped Taiwanese people from Kenya because they didn't like the trial(incoming BS chinese trial)
-China is destroying the Steel industry because others cannot really compete. The UK would probably get behind crushing China because of that
-China plans to use the Northwest Passage now, pissing off Canada
-The East asians
-Australia joined us in a joint training mission with Philippines(likely to show that they stand with the USA)

The USA will start trying to move into Mongolia and try to get an ally there(Our Admiral wants to start at least, Obongo will probably say no)

I've learned this in a month, I can only imagine that with how aggressive China is that others would not be too receptive.
>>
>>71817743
>You enter Mongolia, you piss off the Russians
>Taiwan really does not matter on the global stage. An overwhelming majority of Americans do not want to go to war with the PRC over Taiwan, despite supporting Taiwanese 'democracy'
>Steel is not a valid reason to go to war (Economic or otherwise), especially when it is a sunset industry.
>Australia/Canada does not want to go into a war that heavily does not favor them. They will hedge but will not follow through.
>That still does not represent the entire world.
Seriously, way worse shit happened in the past year and 2014. So much so that it makes these 'incidents' look like a sign of toned-down in geopolitics and American strong-arm politics (Especially with the amt. of concessions that the US has given to the PRC, the Arabic World, the freeloaders of the 'free world' and the Russian Federation.

>You are not remotely well-informed enough to make such 'speculations'. Your opinion is pretentious at best, especially when you derived it from mainstream media.
>>
>>71815546
He will make US and Russia bros, world's #1 and #2 army can contain both mudslime and ching chong threat
>>
>>71818605
>>Steel is not a valid reason to go to war
Steel is why Japan attacked us in WWII
>>
>>71818765
That's oil, ya dingus
>>
>>71815546
It will force the South Koreans and Japanese to stop slinging mud at each other and unite against the Chinese borg.
>>
>>71815728
Clearly.

Are you new here?
>>
>>71818674
>Russia
>Able to contain China
Nice joke. Central Asia is already selling you out because the Chinese have more cash.
>>
>>71818605
>steel is a sunset industry

World steel production very nearly doubled between 2000 and 2014. Is it really a sunset industry?
>>
File: bases.jpg (183 KB, 500x339) Image search: [Google]
bases.jpg
183 KB, 500x339
>>71818925
Who needs cash when you have more ICBM when anybody else? Cash don't count for shit, only military and allies do. Chinks don't have either
>>
File: image_30.jpg (243 KB, 1270x896) Image search: [Google]
image_30.jpg
243 KB, 1270x896
>>71816657
We cant cough up anything because qe spend all our fucking money on foreign aid you tard.

If we charge for this security service we provide we will be able to pay off our debt.
>>
>>71819099
>China does not have a military
What?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%27s_Liberation_Army

>The PLA is the world's largest military force, with a strength of approximately 2,285,000 personnel, 0.18% of the country's population.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%27s_Liberation_Army_Navy

>With a personnel strength of 255,000[2][11] servicemen and women, including 10,000 marines and 26,000 naval air force personnel, it is the second largest navy in the world in terms of tonnage, behind only the United States Navy, and has the largest number of major combatants of any navy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%27s_Liberation_Army_Navy#PLA_Naval_Air_Force

>The People's Liberation Army Naval Air Force is the "air force" of the PLAN and has a strength of around 25,000 personnel and 690 aircraft.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%27s_Liberation_Army_Air_Force
>The People's Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) is the aerial warfare service branch of the People's Liberation Army, the armed forces of the People's Republic of China. The PLAAF was officially established on 11 November 1949. As of 2014, the PLAAF has a strength of around 398,000 personnel[4][2] and is the largest air force in Asia.

Also muh nukes mean nothing because China has them as well so Russia and China would never use them on each other.
>>
>>71819330
>implying numbers count
Their tech is retarded copy of Soviet era junk, no fifth generation jets or even four generation, tanks copies of t 72, while even their elite units had their ass handed back to them by soviet BORDER PATROL
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Soviet_border_conflict
>>
>>71819495
They are modernising right now and bringing fifth generation fighters into service.

>Soviet Union
You are not the Soviet Union anymore Boris. Russia is basically a shadow of that sort of strength.
>>
>>71819600
>in the late 1990s, several Chinese fifth-generation fighter programs, grouped under the program codename J-XX or XXJ, were identified by western intelligence sources. PLAAF officials have confirmed the existence of such a program, which they estimate will enter service between 2017–2019.[20][21] Nevertheless, Robert Gates has claimed that the United States may possess as much as 20 times more "advanced stealth fighters" than China by 2020
Top kek, we are as powerful as SU, they were nothing since times of Mongol invasion.
>China
>defeated and cucked by following nations
>Mongols
>Manchu
>Russians
>Japanese
>British
>American
>POO IN THE LOO
>fucking Vietnam (not even making this shit up senpai)
>>
>>71819797
>we are as powerful as SU
No ruski, no. The Soviet Union was a superpower. Russia is a regional power at most.
>>
>>71815546
s-sauce?
>>
>>71819856
/e/
>>
>>71819198
But why would any one pay when it is to their economic benefit to find new buddies? Even now, taiwan is slowly making closer economic ties with china because it realizes the inevitability of its dependence.
>>
>>71819090
Good joke. Can the whole World consume that sheer amt. of steel? Would you work as a low-paid blue-collar wagecuck in a steelworks? Your steel factories alrdy left the country to escape the environmentalists, labour unions and SJWs.

>>71819797
A Rusky insulting the only real ally with power they have in the whole wide world,
>Ignoring the fact that MURIKA alrdy betrayed them for the Jews and stripped them clean (The Rape was not painless)
>Ignoring the fact that MURIKA is the main reason why they are living in a white man's ghetto and why they are White Niggers
>Implying you love American cock

Well-done Rusky, let the Jews, mudslimes and niggers win. Let them introduce 'democracy' to your country. I can't wait.
>>
>>71818605
What source other than the media should I use to gain information about what is happening around the world?
>>
>>71818925
Russia has already stated that they stand with China on the issues that this thread are about
>>
>>71818605
I would like to know some good sources on china though. At the moment I just Google news it all
>>
Leaf,you don't seem to realize one thing,America doesn't have allies,it has partners. Temporary,particularly,partners.
>>
>>71815546
>If we decide to ignore our East Asian allies
Part of the strategy is to get our East Asian allies to take an active role in their own shit and for them to bargain with the US regarding their real defensive needs.
>>
>>71822844
They're trying
>>
>>71822844
What if China offers to take up the protective role the us once occupied instead? Is that a possibility?
>>
>>71822844
Also south korea already has a substantial military; all male citizens have to serve. And taiwan also has all the defences it can manage but can't stand up to taiwan alone. These countries aren't like europe
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.