[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
extortion what?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: eye of sauron_riyadh.jpg (51 KB, 624x337) Image search: [Google]
eye of sauron_riyadh.jpg
51 KB, 624x337
Need explanation;
Saudis threaten to sell 750 billion $ in US assets if bill passes
US plutocracy feels intimidated
But how would that change anything? Saudis sell, someone else buys (no sale without buyer). Why does US feel threatened?
>>
I do understand the petrodollar thing. But the petrodollar is doomed anyway, might as well get it over with. But the assets? I don't get it...
>>
Also US always prides itself of being the strongest. But it seems it can't handle the potions of this potionseller. Saudis financed 9/11 and you guys do not even dare to speak out against them?
>>
just a quick summary for this who did not follow the story so far:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHrzIyGTcvs
>>
Shush, we don't care about politics here, only cuckolding.
>>
>>71813792
WE would love to, but that dickless nigger in the white house won't.
Personally, Id' like to see about 1,000 ARMED US veterans surround the Saudi Embassy and attack the fucking thing with home made mortar's and rocket launchers.
But that won't happen. :-(
>>
This isn't cuckolding
Take that shit to >>>/b/
>>
>>71814070
>but that dickless nigger in the white house won't.
but why? Obama has full support on this from the establishment left and right. They are scared to lose money. But how exaclty? What is the leverage?
>>
>>71813899
Look like it was not the US government or the Jews behind the islamic terrorism after all.
>>
i want to see saudi nuked in my lifetime
>>
>>71813539

Because they would flood the foreign currency market with billions of US dollars and if you know basic economics then you'd know an increase in supply with a stable demand will decrease the price of a commodity in a market.
>>
>>71814545
I'm kind of disappointed
>>
>>71814639
But a devaluation of the dollar would be good, would it not? Better for export, also it decreases debt. Dollar is too strong anyway...
>>
>>71813539
It's mostly just bullshit. In my opinion world leaders are just staging all this drama.
>>
>>71815013

That is true, it also has downsides but it doesn't matter because the US is a special case. Other countries hold US dollars in massive reserves. If the Saudis went to sell $750 billion of their reserves, which would obviously plummet the price, others would rush to sell there's before it was worth nothing which it ultimately would be.
>>
>>71815176
>world leaders are just staging all this drama
for our entertainment? Not bad, I am entertained. Actually 9/11 was really entertaining, on TV that is. I guess it was less fun for people in NY.
>>
>>71815548
No, it creates anxiety in the masses. It makes the herd more manageable.
>>
>>71815429
We're talking assets tho not reserves.
>>
>>71815643
Assets means stocks and bonds. The majority probably being government bonds. US bonds are essentially the same as foreign reserves for the saudis.
>>
>>71815643

Which assets? Assets that will be sold in USD right? Otherwise it wouldn't be a issue.
>>
>>71814334
Hes a muslim

My dad is fringe right ring I would always scoff at the idea, but goddamn all the shit he does to protect muslims makes it so obvious.
>>
>>71813792
>Also US always prides itself of being the strongest
The US has a liberal president now.

And liberals worship the 3rd world.
>Europe needs migrants from those countries
>They enrich our culture
>Well, they already here, we can't make em leave
>If the mighty Turkish empire asks the EU anything, the EU has to obey because they are so powerfull
>Dont insult the sultan of the roaches, because you'll be in jail.

>the US should fear the saudi's

TL:DR Liberals take pride into being weak
>>
>>71815627
Creating anxiety certainly is an important part of politics and media. But I am not certain this particular drama is staged. It seems everyone is really in distress now; in EU, in US, in ME, in russia. It seems they are all loosing control and they don't like it.
>>
>>71815929
I'll believe it if the leaders start killing eachother but other than that it's all bullshit to me.
>>
>>71815928
>The US has a liberal president now.
The Bush clan was most protective of the Saudis. And the right wing establishment is still against exposing them, just as much as Obama.
>>
>>71815429
This sounds similar to when the US's credit rating dropped. Instead of folks dumping dollars, they just bought more to hedge against insecurity.

If a ton of currency opens up, wouldn't other folks jump on it after the slightest devaluation?
>>
can we finally get the nuke mecca meme rolling? Trump needs to make this happen
>>
>>71816052
>I'll believe it if the leaders start killing eachother
I would love seeing that. Live on TV. Who would win? I guess Poroshenko would have a good chance, because he is huge. And Putin does judo. Obama can only golf and wears a bike helmet. He goes down in round one (against some euro loser).
>>
>>71813539
>>71813637
>>71813792
>>71813899
>>71813997
Fuck, 5 German flags to start a thread about Saudi Arabia selling American assets.

America is cucked. Deal with it. Germany too. 12% of Volkswagen are held by Qatar.
>>
>>71816197

Could happen, Saudis probably hold more USD and assets they can sell in USD than any other nation so it might push it over the edge. Also, times a'changing, and the traitorous IMF are working towards a Yuan based world instead of the mighty dollar.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-11-30/imf-backs-yuan-in-reserve-currency-club-after-rejection-in-2010
>>
>>71816106
Wasn't it that congress didn't try because they knew Obama was gonna veto anyway?

I havenĀ“t read into it alot
>>
I don't seem to be the only one puzzled by the US strategy on the Saudis. Just read through this article, some professor being equally perplex:
https://consortiumnews.com/2016/04/22/the-terribly-annoyed-saudis/
>>
>>71816367
Again this all sounds exactly like the doom and gloom talk during the credit lowering.

Also lots of folks besides US don't want a devaluation for exports. China for one.
>>
>>71817094
Isn't the definition of reverse feminism misogyny?
>>
>>71817411
Oh fees wrong thread.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.