[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ideal gun laws
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 39
File: hi point.jpg (22 KB, 535x416) Image search: [Google]
hi point.jpg
22 KB, 535x416
What is your stance on gun laws? Who should have access to this? Where should they be allowed to discharge their firearms? Should lethal home defence be legal in X situation? Should registration and/or licensing be required?
>>
>>71812773
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>>
>>71812799
Fpbp
>>
>>71812799
Fpbp
>>
File: GLOCK_19..jpg (2 MB, 1940x1327) Image search: [Google]
GLOCK_19..jpg
2 MB, 1940x1327
>>71812773

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed upon by any law or decree of the Government.
>>
also fpbp
>>
>>71812943
1st and 4th pbp
>>
File: 1455087828016.png (172 KB, 462x437) Image search: [Google]
1455087828016.png
172 KB, 462x437
>handguns require registration in my country
>can only be used in gun ranges
>need authorization to transport to carry gun to my home and to the range
>the AR15 is categorized as a restricted firearm and has to be treated like a handgun

>most long guns can be transported anywhere
>doesn't require registration
>the mini 14 is a non restricted firearm
>AR15 shoots the same thing (usually 5.56 NATO)
>AR15 is still restricted because it looks like an M16
>>
File: fuckingleaf.jpg (99 KB, 1300x732) Image search: [Google]
fuckingleaf.jpg
99 KB, 1300x732
>>71812773
>looks at flag

lol btfo leaf
>>
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>>
>>71813029
>implying any American wants to hear your 2cents o wait you cucks got rid of pennies
>>
File: howwilltheyrecover.jpg (95 KB, 894x499) Image search: [Google]
howwilltheyrecover.jpg
95 KB, 894x499
>>71813029
>>71813096
missing image
>>
File: 1446180290522.jpg (298 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1446180290522.jpg
298 KB, 720x720
>>71812773
>gun laws

>gun
>laws

>laws on guns

I dunno, what's your stance on fork laws? Or screwdriver laws?
>>
Sure I would be for gun control if:
>government could be fully trusted
>police could be fully trusted
In other words I'm against gun control.
>>
File: shot wood.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
shot wood.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Why does the government fear small arms so much anyway?

>went innagravel pit
>shot a log with 22lr
>couldn't penetrate
>shot a log with 30-06
>slightly penetrated
Woo so dangerous
>>
Looser than the current Australian standard.
Stricter than the American standard.

Any citizens who pass a basic maintenance and safety course, can be done in an hour or two at designated ranges or gun stores, basically drivers license, pass a written test and you're good to go, minimum level of effort for entry for basic rimfire / pistol / shotguns, more time needed on a range, signed off by a range owner / justice of the peace who observes the individual for higher caliber / magazine or special ammo / add ons. Nothing for criminals or nutters.

Shoot on ranges or acreages but just apply community noise restrictions, if you can shoot in your backyard without endangering anyone or annoying anyone with the noise, go for it.

Castle Doctrine should be allowed but investigated, not just "Welp he was on his land open and shut case johnson" but presumed innocence should stretch to cover this.

Whoever is selling the gun needs to prove they have that basic license i talked about, anyone buying should have that basic license.

I really don't care though, i live on a farm and own literally 6 dozen guns in all shapes and sizes from the buyback.
>>
I am for german gun laws + the right to carry a gun if you own it. That is a perfect combination. You can get almost any gun you want here (except full auto) but you have to pass a test about your knowledge about guns and you have to regularly train with them and don't have a criminal record.
So only law abiding citizens who are trained with a gun and are not dumbshits (who can't pass the test) can carry. That's my ideal situation.
>>
>>71812773
None.
>>
File: tumblr_n1q3qgDs2O1rrnekqo1_1280.jpg (226 KB, 1024x1526) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1q3qgDs2O1rrnekqo1_1280.jpg
226 KB, 1024x1526
If you want a gun, buy a gun. Carry it any way you like with no permits or restrictions. "Mentally ill" can have them, felons can have them. The only restriction I would apply is that you have to be 18 to purchase, but one can be gifted to you younger than that.
>>
>>71812773
>gun laws

If every American citizen is afforded the right to free speech at birth, every American citizen should be given a rifle at birth.
>>
>>71812773
>What is your stance on gun laws?

The less there are, the better.
>>
>>71813335
>Implying humans has the same density as a log
>>
>>71813507
>18 to purchase
That doesn't do anything.
In the UK there was no difference in the crime rates before and after this restriction was put in place.
>>
>>71813492
Bin that knife, Tommy
>>
right to bear arms unrestricted, bullets cost $1000 each.
penalty for murder is firing squad.
>>
File: image.jpg (187 KB, 650x596) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187 KB, 650x596
Everyone over the age of 18 without criminal records should be able to own all the guns they want.

Guns should only be allowed to be used for fun at gun ranges.

Lethal use of force should be allowed for any sort of home defense scenario.

No registration or licensing.
>>
>>71813680
It's not a matter of it "doing anything". It's the only concession I'd ever be willing to make in regards to guns. My hope is that it would encourage fathers to gift guns to their sons & daughters before 'legal age' and teach them to shoot and spend quality time, altogether.
>>
>>71813522
Funny... That's actually a tradition in my family.

I have a Winchester lever action with my name engraved on it and a colt single action army revolver that my grandfather got me on the day i was born.

I plan to continue the tradition.
>>
File: bear hunt.jpg (38 KB, 448x298) Image search: [Google]
bear hunt.jpg
38 KB, 448x298
>>71813773
>Guns should only be allowed to be used for fun at gun ranges.
Then what's the point of owning guns in the first place? Guns are designed to be weapons. It should be used as such.
>>
Wyoming tier gun laws sound great.
>>
>>71812773

>Handguns allowed
>Concealed carry allowed
>No reason needed to own one
>Must have a reasonably clean criminal record
>Mustn't be a mental defective, a smackhead or Scottish

How is this not the ideal balance of safety and liberty compared to the current cuck laws we have?
>>
No fun laws of restrictions.

However there should be extremely harsh penalties for crimes committed with a gun.

If there is a home invasion scenario, no penalty for killing the invader.
>>
>>71813758
Lel. You do know that there are plenty of people who can cast bullets. Placing restrictions upon bullets is never going to work.
>>
If the government were to try to overthrow us, we're not going to be able to take them down with shotguns and pistols I'm afraid.

The average person doesn't know how to shoot under the stress of combat, so if some other country were to invade us, we'd be fucked.

Guns are the #1 tool used to kill people.
>>
>>71813929
Why should a felon who has paid his supposed debt to society not be allowed to buy a gun? He was in prison, and apparently they are colleges for criminals. When he gets out, he will have an entire network and plenty of means to get guns.

Why shouldn't "mental defectives" be allowed to own guns? That term is evermore encroaching on normal, sane people in a grab for the guns and it's discouraging people from seeking oft needed psychiatric treatment for very transient problems because they fear their constitutional rights being violated.
>>
I believe that most of the citizens should access to the most basic form of guns, various handgun and rifles for self protection and hunting.
However, every gun owned must be fully registered. Before buying a gun, one must submit a thorough background check. Anyone with any sort of mental issues, both current and past, or any sort of criminal record short of a parking ticket will be bard from buying any.
There should be no independent sales of guns, such as from one man to another. Only from a business to customer.
I am for giving responcible gun owners more freedom while limiting those for anyone seen in any form unfit to handle a weapon.
>>
>>71814017
*gun laws or restrictions.

Fucking phone.
>>
>>71813044
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>71813891
For fun.

I said using guns for fun should only be allowed at the gun range. I don't want idiots shooting AKs in their backyard against Coca Cola cans when this country is densely populated.
>>
Registration yes.
Everyone gets one, even fellons of unviolent crimes and violent fellons if unsentenced for six years after release.
Not people with psychotic mental disorders. Depressed or suicidal, fine with me.

And lethal home defence should be legal.

Sadly no chance of Norway ever getting fine laws like that.
>>
>>71812943
amen
>>
>>71814166
Get out of my country, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>71814054
>If the government were to try to overthrow us, we're not going to be able to take them down with shotguns and pistols I'm afraid.

This damn meme again. Of course you can stop a government with pistols and shotguns. What do you think the american soldiers would bust down their own neighborhood with a tank, if the government tries to take away your rights? What the drone operator is going to bomb his own family if his brothers are takeing up arms? What is the police going to do if guys with shotguns and pistols are storming government buildings, outnumbering them 20:1? Governments have been overthrown before without the people being armed. Hell even if americans only had .22 lr rifles it would be a hell of a lot easier than for disarmed people in europe.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 500x385
>>71814054
You should read this book.

It teaches you how irrelevant planes, tanks and whatever you think of really are compared to manpower with small arms fighting a guerilla war.
>>
>>71814392
if the jew had guns many things whould go otherway in histroy
>>
>>71812773
Ideally something based on the Liechtenstein gun law when requiring them, excluding certain demographics from getting them, with US carry and self defense law.
>>
>>71814618
Yes. The same people who are pushing the hardest for gun control now, are the people who were the most fucked by it. If even a small portion of the jews were armed they could have at least resisted. They could have bought tens of thousands of jews enough time to flee. And now they are like "muh gubbermint will handle the bad guys, when has that ever gone wrong oy vey."
>>
>>71814128
They lose the privilege to own the gun when they commit any crime. It's an ongoing punishment

Nutters are fucked mate, it's like common sense not to a gun to one like it's common sense not to send a downy solo parachuting
>>
File: Argentina2.png (997 KB, 970x705) Image search: [Google]
Argentina2.png
997 KB, 970x705
>>71812773
Non-retarded nationals only, No obligations to retreat, castle doctrine, yes.
>>
>>71814759
>If even a small portion of the jews were armed they could have at least resisted. They could have bought tens of thousands of jews enough time to flee.

Jetzt red do net so schirch.
>>
>>71814759
after first word war and the restrictions on germany from it ...
>>71814498 its why the art of war changed after 2WW like in Vietnam and Afganistan and now Syria ...
>>
>>71814876
yes MR Hitler the jew only needed to be well armed "this sopt sponsored by US NRA..." its not the otherway that they were only a minority religious gruop in the country ...
>>
>>71814815
They have paid their debt to society through their prison sentence.

I don't know if you've ever seen a gun, shot a gun, own any guns, but really - how would you feel if you were sent up on some bullshit felony, or you sought psychiatric help of your own volition for a current problem and were forever classed as a nutter?

How long will it be until every citizen is a big fucking nutter by some warped leftist standard and their gun control agenda is effectively enacted?
>>
>>71814876
Du glaubst also die SS hätte in Polen die Dörfer so schnell nach Juden durchkämmen können, wenn ihnen bei jeder Tür die sie eingetreten hätten erstmal ne Ladung Blei um die Ohren fliegt?
>>
>>71815446
Nein, natürlich nicht. Eine Verzögerung wäre aber auch nicht wünschenswert gewesen.
>>
>>71815232
that is the right conclusion however in some democratic=burocratic stats they need to register evrerything so there are registers that check your ID and add gun-ID and if you ever kill someone or something alike you cant have some ... but if there is no register then its pointless because everybody could hand the next gun over to someone who is nuts etc ...and who whould reregister the guns in the US and who pay for it ...
>>
>>71815561
Ah verstehe, wir betrachten es aus der /pol/ Sichtweise.
>>
I don't care about laws at all

Me.

Wherever.

Yes.

No.
>>
>>71816062
Wir betrachten es aus der richtigen Sichtweise.

Zuzulassen dass sich der Feind im Inneren bewaffnet ist in jeder Hinsicht strategisch dumm. Zu erwarten dass ein dir feindliches Staatsgebilde es zulässt dass du dich bewaffnest um gegen das Staatsgebiet kämpfen zu können ist naiv.
>>
>>71816322
Das stimmt. Es ging aber mehr um das Argument, dass die Juden absolut gegen strikte Waffengesetze sein müssten, wenn sie aus der Geschichte gelernt hätten.
>>
no guns no gun crimes. its easy as that faggots. usa is proof that number of guns in country correlate with number of mass shooting and gun related crimes.
>>
>>71816322
naja man hat sie zu "Feinden" gemacht nicht dass sie nicht bessere Kulturbereicherung waren als die Moslems ...

>>71816514
not real Swiss has more guns per capita then US and there are more less shootings ...
>>
File: sellier and bellot.jpg (107 KB, 993x768) Image search: [Google]
sellier and bellot.jpg
107 KB, 993x768
>>71816514
Your country makes good cheap ammo.
>>
>>71812773
Rifles only. Licensed and registered for roughly the same reason a car is. Yes: lethal defense of your person should be perfectly legal. No, handguns never should be.

But unless we can turn back time and start from a place where no one already owns any guns, then trying to impose my ideal laws is absurd, and I won't support anyone looking to do it.
>>
>>71814392
This. Except with our population its closer to 300:1 with nearly everybody armed and proficient with arms.
>>
>>71814392
>My argument is that guns would be effective because soldiers would not attack their own civilians
This damn meme again.

Ok, so if that's your argument: then the fuck do you need guns for?
>>
>>71816779
Even if you outnumber police and military 5:1 they'd have no chance to win. Considering that a large portion of them would not shoot their citizens, whole battalions would switch sides and let's be honest: In a civil war situations most soldiers and especially police officers would desert in 0.5 seconds to defend their family at home. Plus the government can't use bombing or air raids extensively if the people stormed government buildings because they would literally commit suicide.
>>
File: Czech Posters2.png (267 KB, 919x737) Image search: [Google]
Czech Posters2.png
267 KB, 919x737
I think that Czech gun laws are ideal

You do neet permit, but getting it is not hard or expensive (basically learning and understanding firearm legislation, passing weapon handling test and not being certified madman) and once you have it you have american tier freedoms including CC. And obviously, self-defence IS a valid reason for obtaining the license.

You get your citizen's rights to have any gun short of full auto military rifles (And there is a way to obtain permit for these too, though its obviously next to impossible to get unless you are gunsmith or sth) and at the same time we dont have mass shootings because psychos do not pass the psycho exams.

I mean we had one major shooting last year and the guy that did it was not legally allowed to own the gun so there's that.

And the best thing? Despite having relative low number of firearm owners everyone including our politicians are against more restrictive gun laws or at very least do not care enough to ask for stricter gun laws.

We really are BASED.
>>
>>71816922
Because if you don't have guns to threaten the government the soldiers wouldn't even have to consider shooting civilians. What are you going to do? Protest peacefully if the government takes away your rights? A: You couldn't anymore. B: The government gives no shit about protests if they are not violent.
>>
>>71817126
>Soldiers are less likely to shoot at you if you can shoot back
>But they wouldn't use any big weapons, or anything
You understand that there isn't any sense or logic behind the argument you're constructing, right?
>>
>>71816922
why whould they not shoot ... if your are under arms and stays they ground as a soldier befor a camp as example you have the right to shoot everyone who near it without authorisation in adition if a mob start shooting and you are on the other side what whould you do ?
>>
>>71817207
>>71817126
So your argument is that guns are effective, because soldiers won't use weapons on civilians, except you need guns, because soldiers will just kill unarmed civilians? So therefore get guns because then you can fight back against the soldiers who won't be willing to fight you except they will totally be willing to fight you so you have to fight them so that they won't fight you?
>>
>>71817191
Yes they are less likely. Do you even know what happened at the Bundy ranch? There were hundreds if armed guys there. As far as I remembered the government shot all if them right? You know what would have happened if they were unarmed? They would have gotten maced, beaten and arrested.
And that damn point about the big weaponry again. You do know that there are still americans sitting in those tanks and jets. They are not fully automated and neither is a politician sitting in that damn tank. As much as america is flawed I still have the hope that your soldiers are patriotic enough to not open fire on their fellow citizens with fucking tanks. Maybe I'm wrong.
>>
>>71817452
>And that damn point about the big weaponry again. You do know that there are still americans sitting in those tanks and jets. They are not fully automated and neither is a politician sitting in that damn tank. As much as america is flawed I still have the hope that your soldiers are patriotic enough to not open fire on their fellow citizens with fucking tanks. Maybe I'm wrong.
So we're back to "we need weapons because the soldierss will just kill us if we don't have weapons, but if we do have weapons they won't because they would never kill civilians, that's unthinkable! so we need weapons to fight them because they'll kill us all without hesitation!"

That seems a tad bit circular and moronic there, bud.
>>
>>71817338
The other guy isn't me. Check IDs. My arguement is:

If people unarmed:
>people protest unarmed
>governement sends riot police
>people get maced, beaten and arrested without being able to defend themselves

People are armed:
>people protest armed
>government would have to order to shoot these people since beating people with rifles does not work too well
>government will most likely stand down and people win (like at Bundy ranch)
>if they order to shoot, most cops/soldiers will not comply, the ones that will, will be outnumbered dramatically
>people win
>>
>>71817582
No ffs. See my other post. They will not kill you if you don't have weapons because they can just fucking arrest you without problems.
>>
Practically none. Felons can own weapons unless their crime was gun related.

>No laws restricting carrying open or otherwise
>No laws restricting pistols more than rifles
>No caliber restrictions, length restrictions, or ammunition restrictions (with maybe some extreme exceptions for explosive ammunition above a certain strength)

At most I would accept a very simple licence for automatic weapons that would require a background check. But no registry.
>>
SHALL.
>Tfw not even allowed to attack an intruder
>Literally have to kill them and pretend it was self-defense and hope for a good verdict
>>
>>71812773

I think the laws should, to some extent, vary from region to region.

> Who should have access to this?

Everyone. If you're not in prison, you can own a gun.

>Where should they be allowed to discharge their firearms?

Where firing a gun poses no risk to innocents.

>Should lethal home defence be legal in X situation?

What is "X situation"? Yes, lethal force to defend your home should be legal.

>Should registration and/or licensing be required?

No. However, there should be stiffer punishments for misuse of a firearm if you haven't voluntarily sought training.
>>
>>71818305
I wouldn't try. We had the case of a family father shooting one of two intruders dead recently. One of the intruders literally shouted "Shoot him!" to the other intruder so the father paniced and shot first. He got 5 years prison.
>>
>>71814128

Hence "reasonably clean". Someone who came out of prison for petty crime 20 years ago should by all means be allowed to own a firearm but someone who came out of prison yesterday for a spree killing should not.
>>
File: 911.jpg (39 KB, 480x669) Image search: [Google]
911.jpg
39 KB, 480x669
>>71812799
FIRST POST BEST POST
I
R
S
T

P
O
S
T

B
E
S
T

P
O
S
T
>>
>>71812773

1. Abolish the NFA entirely. Only restriction I would agree on is not letting people buy guns (ammo is fine) on amazon, since the shit storm that would ensue if it's gets lost would be bad.

2. Change the ATF to the AT

3. Make gun education mandatory from elementary school upwards. Getting children to understand guns means they get to learn basic mechanical engineering, math, understand the concept of "easy to learn hard to master", and personal responsibility.

Honestly, mass societal gun acceptance would be fucking awesome for America as a whole.
>>
>>71812773

Everyone, everywhere, yes, no.
>>
>>71813382

Less degenerate than typical kangaroo, still cucked.
>>
>>71818395
That's why I typed "them," kill all the intruders so only you can testify.
>>
If I could go back and help write the 2nd Amendment

>The government being nothing more than a band of thieving faggots shall make no law regulating the sale, purchase or ownership of weapons and munitions.
>>
>>71812773
total gun ban. gun manufacture is illegal, gun possession = death penalty.
>>
File: brady7.jpg (175 KB, 800x721) Image search: [Google]
brady7.jpg
175 KB, 800x721
>>71812773

Only a complete asshole supports laws to restrict the law abiding.
>>
>>71818395
>A person commits a violent crime against you and you can't defend yourself.

Who wants to live in a place like that?
>>
>>71824112

Europeans and Australians.
>>
File: 1459436642764.gif (67 KB, 701x418) Image search: [Google]
1459436642764.gif
67 KB, 701x418
>>71812773

Everyone over 18 should be able to buy one, violent felons must wait 5 years after release without further violent offense before being able to purchase.

Discharge firearms wherever, but bear in mind laws against reckless endangerment, brandishing, noise restrictions, etc. If you live inawoods this is not a big problem, if you live innacity you should probably go to the range.

Lethal force allowed for all instances of home defense. If you believe your life is in danger you should not have a duty to retreat.

No registration and no licensing with the exception of explosive devices and automatic weapons. No made-by dates on NFA related items.
>>
>>71814232
you must let yourself get fucked in the ass by tyrone to win
>>
>>71812773
Mandatory carry laws. EVERYONE has a shotgun.
>>
>>71813382
>aus flag
Opinion discarded
>>
>>71817669
This. Jesus Fucking Christ it's not a super complex system of pressures and escalation. Thank you krautbro
>>
File: Second-Amendment--620x358.jpg (50 KB, 620x358) Image search: [Google]
Second-Amendment--620x358.jpg
50 KB, 620x358
>>71812773
The only gun law I follow.
>>
>>71816032
>but if there is no register then its pointless because everybody could hand the next gun over to someone who is nuts etc ...and who whould reregister the guns in the US and who pay for i
Canada scrapped their registry because it was a big waste of money and didn't actually fullfil these empty claims.
>>
>>71817582
You are retarded. Its levels of escalation. The government will gladly beat, mace, and arrest people, but having weapons is absolutely the best way to level the field. Look up Ruby Ridge. What if these guys were unarmed? Fuck your feelings.
>>
>>71813660
>implying what niggers have between their legs are NOT logs
>>
>>71812773
Any individually-served weapon should be freely traded between businesses and individuals, with the only restriction being citizenship.

Any non-citizen should be able to rent, for the duration of their stay, a handgun of no more powerful calibre than .32ACP, and no higher magazine capacity than 5, for personal protection. They may not transfer the firearm to anyone, except temporarily in order to preserve life.

Any non-citizen who overstays, and fails to surrender their firearm, or transfers their firearm, should be imprisoned for a period of no less than one year, and then deported with a 20-year ban on re-entry.
>>
>>71816514
>usa is proof that number of niggers in country correlate with number of mass chimpings and nigger related crimes

FTFY
>>
>>71813773
Then I'll gladly take my legally owned gun and illegally rob you with it. Before I return to legally transporting my gun.
>>
>>71816514
>drowning trapped in a car isn't the same as drowning trapped in a truck.

I want you to explain to me why you would rather be cut to death than shot to death.
>>
>>71813660

Seems like the case for the average swede
>>
I think the use of guns in defense and stand your ground/ castle laws are FAR more important an issue than 30 round clipazines. Not that I think that there should be limitation on ammunition capacity or type of firearm.
>>
File: young somali mooryaan.jpg (72 KB, 640x399) Image search: [Google]
young somali mooryaan.jpg
72 KB, 640x399
Everyone should be allowed to own guns, gernades, landmines, and anti aircraft missiles in case.
>>
File: Eye see.gif (1 MB, 240x162) Image search: [Google]
Eye see.gif
1 MB, 240x162
>>71813382
It's... Not bad, actually. As long as I would get to keep my CCW and private sales are left alone.

An aussie not shitposting? Strange times we live in.
>>
My opinions are simple.
Everyone can buy a gun unless they have a criminal record or mental illnesses.

Just look at what kind of people kill with guns. Dumb niggers with criminal records and mentally ill white guys on heavy medication. Those are two types of killers that you don't want to have guns.
>>
Any white person living here that hasn't been convicted of a felony. Any negro caught with a firearm would be give a mandatory two year sentence and greater if they had priors
>>
You should be free to own and carry guns, after you pass a course and exam about responsible gun use. During this course, you are also screened for tendencies towards aggressive behaviour, and if those are found, you fail.

Shooting should be allowed anywhere where it doesn't create danger or nuisance to other people.

Self-defence and defence of others by means of a firearm should always be legal, but the burden of evidence that proves the need for self-defence is on the shooter.

A basic registry of who owns which gun would be preferable, as long as it doesn't impede people from freely selling guns to eligible parties. If you fail to properly re-register the gun to a new owner, you're partially liable for the new owners' actions with the gun, if those actions are illegal. Another goal of this registry would be to clearly identify those ineligible to own a gun.
>>
Anyone.

No restrictions.

Even felons should have a procedure for re-obtaining their rights as citizens.
>>
>>71828467
*tips gun*
>>
>>71828365
>but the burden of evidence that proves the need for self-defence is on the shooter
The burden of proof is ALWAYS on the prosecution, never the defendant.

>A basic registry of who owns which gun would be preferable
Why? It's been proven to ONLY aid confiscation.

>Another goal of this registry would be to clearly identify those ineligible to own a gun.
This makes absolutely no sense, people ineligible to own guns wouldn't register them. If any registry should exist, it's one for ineligible people, not the guns themselves.

There is NO PRACTICAL ARGUMENT for a gun registry. You just want a registry to massage your desire for order. You cannot articulate HOW a registry does anything but aid confiscation.
>>
File: 1459303904940.png (2 MB, 1276x1170) Image search: [Google]
1459303904940.png
2 MB, 1276x1170
>>71814166
>Anyone with any sort of mental issues
Soooooo, no one will own guns, k
>>
>>71829116
Will this make mustard gas?
>>
>>71828889
>The burden of proof is ALWAYS on the prosecution, never the defendant.

Yes, and it can be proven that the guy shot somebody, so he did something wrong. However, if he wishes to claim he was allowed to shoot, he has to support that claim.

>Why? It's been proven to ONLY aid confiscation.
And to provide evidence if guns are indeed used illegally or carelessly. Find a gun in the street? Obviously the person who it's registered to isn't a responsible gun owner, and poses a greater risk to society by owning a gun than the risk toward himself that is reduced by the gun.

>people ineligible to own guns wouldn't register them
No, but an eligible seller would be able to easily identify to whom he was selling, and refuse that if ineligible, or run the risk of being held responsible for any crimes committed with the gun he shouldn't have sold in the first place.
>>
>>71827715
I agree....And im not joking like you are.
>>
>>71814166
Sounds like you are trying to infringe on my rights faggot.
>>
>>71829116
What caliber? I already have a 22 pattern
>>
>>71812773
Anyone who hasn't committed a serious crime (robbery, assault, murder etc). Open carry should be legal without permit. Lethal home defense should be justified if under threat (i.e. no shooting people just because they happened to set foot on your property). I don't see any reason to have rapid-fire weapons freely available for civilians though.
>>
>>71830065
I wasn't joking, we are allowed to have that here.
>>
>>71828005

And how are you going to stop them from buying guns?
>>
>>71829231
is this your first time int he internet latvia?
>>
>>71812773
Gun laws determined by race. No guns for blacks or hispanics. No gun laws for whites.
>>
File: liberals.jpg (11 KB, 292x292) Image search: [Google]
liberals.jpg
11 KB, 292x292
>>71828365

>retarded yuros think safety training will stop gangbangers from killing each other
>>
>>71830483
Just because they can buy them anyway through illegal means is no reason to make it easier if it doesn't cause inconvenience to the average gun buyer.
>>
>>71830319
How are self defense laws? Can I kill someone for trying to fight me?
>>
>>71830546
>muh "people suddenly start to want to kill eachother at the exact moment guns show up" maymay
>>
>>71830611

How are you going to prevent them from buying them without inconveniencing the average gun buyer?

Be specific. Why are gun grabbers never capable of stating the laws they want, just useless fucking platitudes about stopping bad guys from buying guns?
>>
>>71830523
Apparently it is your first time here tho newfriend. Welcome, if you have any questions please feel free to ask.
>>
>>71830654
Nah, you just claim he insulted the prophet and you're good though.
>>
File: what.jpg (20 KB, 326x352) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
20 KB, 326x352
>>71830691
>>
>>71830737
Is there no concept of a criminal record in the USA? I don't know about you, but I don't want someone who's been on prison for murder to be able to buy a gun just by walking to the local walmart. I'm not for any tests or anything else, just a clean criminal record (not counting minor offenses).
>>
>>71830654
There are no laws.
>>
States should be able to come up with their own gun laws, barring laws that infringe on the 2nd.
Really wish we'd have common sense stuff like allowing people in states that have CCW permits to carry single or two shot derringers without permits.
Ideally all states would have constitutional open and concealed carry with no limits on anything
>>
>>71830879

So you want a background check system, which by definition can only inconvenience the law abiding and does nothing to prevent criminals from arming themselves with one of the half a billion unregistered firearms already in circulation.

We have a background check system. It wrongfully denies thousands of people every year.

Congratulations. You're a fucking faggot.
>>
>>71830945
That is the only acceptable answer.
>>
>>71830884
That sounds fucking SWEET!

What's the catch?
>>
>>71831132
Blacks everywhere.
>>
>>71831027
Alright then
>>
>>71830792
Guns don't make niggers act like niggers, niggers make niggers act like niggers. The fact that a gun makes it easier to kill is not suddenly a reason to want to kill more often.
>>
>>71831265

>Still can't answer the question...
>>
File: retarded.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
retarded.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>71831315

But your retarded ass training program will put a stop to that!
>>
>>71831027
In other words, someone who has a history of killing people should be able to walk into a store and buy a gun. Everyone who doesn't want to sell guns to obvious killers who will use that gun to shoot someone is a faggot and a ''gun grabber''.
Cool shit, dude.
>>
>>71831349
I don't know about USA, but you'd certainly have to have some connections (and a decent amount of money) to get an illegal gun here. Connections that most autistic (and poor) people on medication, and niggers, don't have. Criminals, sure, it won't stop them. But a well designed background check system should not inconvenience a gun buyer. If they've committed a crime, they should deal with the consequences, even if that means they can't get their hands on a gun as easily.

I completely understand that what I'm saying might not work in the states, where getting an illegal gun is much easier.
>>
>>71812773
>>
>>71831469
You don't put a stop to something that is nonexistant. We don't have fuckloads of niggers running around cities with guns, because we don't have a gun culture.

But yeah, I'm guessing if a nog were to come up with a gun one way or another, which he'd be able to do just as easily, yet illegaly, now as under the proposed new legislation, he'd be less inclined to pull it out knowing almost anybody could end him with a well-aimed shot.

But if you're so right, what law do you propose to stop niggers acting like niggers?
>>
>>71823741
lel, at first I thought this picture was suggesting that the best treatment for HIV is murder
>>
>>71831856

There are more than half a billion unregistered guns currently in circulation in the US.

This shouldn't be difficult to understand, even for a european.
>>
>>71831254
Not a problem. I've experienced a disproportionate amount of racism being white in U.S.A to not be worried about it when I can have a machine gun.

First I'll open a distillery and always be willing to trade work for product. Of course since it's negros it will have to be piece work and not hourly.
>>
>>71831927

I don't propose ineffective feel good laws that only hinder the law abiding because I'm not a delusional faggot.

>"Looking only to official criminal records, data over the past thirty years consistently show that the mythology of murderers as ordinary citizens does not hold true. Studies have found that approximately 75% of murderers have adult criminal records, and that murderers average a prior adult criminal career of six years, including four major adult felony arrests. These studies also found that when the murder occurred "[a]bout 11% of murder arrestees [were] actually on pre-trial release"--that is, they were awaiting trial for another offense."

>"The fact that only 75% of murderers have adult crime records should not be misunderstood as implying that the remaining 25% of murderers are non-criminals. The reason over half of those 25% of murderers don't have adult records is that they are juveniles. Thus, by definition they cannot have an adult criminal record."

http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcgvmurd.html
>>
I wish I owned a gun. The only thing I own that I could use for self defence are these katanas that are up on display. One's a shorter blade meant for harakiris though.

Guns are absolutely dank tools. As if you didn't love playing with slingshots, bows and arrows, or toy BB guns when you were a kid. Wanting to fire something at a high velocity at a target is a primal need that we all must fulfill as males.
>>
File: slamfireshotgun.jpg (8 KB, 338x149) Image search: [Google]
slamfireshotgun.jpg
8 KB, 338x149
>>71814166
>I don't work with my hands: the post
>>
>>71832030
That isn't, but OP never specified "United States", so I assumed he meant in our respective countries.
>>
File: fulltang.jpg (37 KB, 522x243) Image search: [Google]
fulltang.jpg
37 KB, 522x243
>>71832249
>mall ninja katana
Get a machete at a garden supply store
Decorative blades can seriously fuck you up if you try to use it for anything.
pic related, they all have rat tail or partial tangs and will break when swung
>>
>>71831132
No catch, do what you want, where you want and how you want.
>>
File: 1385364851039.jpg (15 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1385364851039.jpg
15 KB, 400x600
If someone is too dangerous to own a gun, why aren't they locked up in a prison or a mental institution?

Any free person deserves an uninfringed right to keep and bear arms, given to them not by their government, but by the very nature of being human.
>>
Guns should have to be registered upon purchase, there should probably be a federal or state exam similar to a learner's permit test to buy small arms, and there should be a demonstration of knowledge similar to a driver's license test for so called "assault weapons".

Obviously ban shit that explodes or is just clearly overkill. No reasonable human being needs a tank or a rocket launcher.

Lethal home defense should be legal in the case of unusual hours of entry automatically, then aside from that if the intruder is entirely inside your home and drawing a piece.
>>
>>71812799
We have the Army, the Navy, the Air Force, the FBI, the National Guard, state and local police. Is a well regulated militia still required?
I'm not saying that we shouldn't have the right to have guns, I'm just saying that the first part of the Second Amendment is no longer true.
>>
>>71833455
Shouldn't you be out raping ?
>>
>>71834179
States should have their own organized militias. Absolutely.
>>
>>71812943

We have the Army, the Navy, the Air Force, the FBI, the National Guard, state and local police. Is a well regulated militia still required?
I'm not saying that we shouldn't have the right to have guns, I'm just saying that the first part of the Second Amendment is no longer true
>>
File: 1453596997893.png (4 MB, 2140x1739) Image search: [Google]
1453596997893.png
4 MB, 2140x1739
>>71812773
No restrictions on purchases,carrying, or ownership.
No registration.
No restrictions on NFA items.
MASSIVE, soul-crushing penalties for use of a firearm in the commission of a crime.
>>
>>71834261
>States should have their own organized militias. Absolutely.
They do, each state has a National Guard and state police force.
>>
>>71834005

Eat a dick, faggot.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/4616205/oklahoma-city-oklahoma-nfa-firearms-for-sale--fully-operational-main-battle-tank-with-120mm-live-cannon
>>
My ideal stance is that civilians gain access to firearms that are only capable of firing non-lethal rounds like rubber bullets.

Ensures that they perform exquisitely as a deterrent against committing violence on someone who is armed, and pitifully effective at actually killing someone.
>>
>>71812773
i wish i could go out and buy some assault rifles
>>
>>71813680
How about suicide rates?
I know America is the butt of all the shooting jokes, but if you aren't a criminal, depressed or fucking a married woman you're chances of being shot are incredibly low.
>>
>>71834915
you forgot nigger.
>>
>>71834708
I have never in my life wanted to be a multimillionaire so fucking bad before...that Price....HNNNNGGGGGGG
>>
>>71812773
any gun for anyone, carry everywhere at all times
>>
I used to live in New York (upstate, not city). Even a law-abiding citizen with a clean record has to wait upwards of two years to get a pistol permit. They just claim "the wait is that long, but you can still get one."

It's an effective way of deterring people from even bothering.
>>
>>71832540
I bought those blades in Japan and they are legit katanas. Super sharp and the hilt was forged together with the blade. It's not a cheap assembly and it has perfect weight balance.
>>
I really don't see why gun and vehicle laws should be so dissimilar.

The biggest difference is that it's a lot easier to cause accidental death with a vehicle.
>>
>>71835279
holy rare
>>
>>71812773
GPA or IQ requirements.
>>
>>71812773
only white people should be able to buy and own guns
>>
Mandatory concealed carry for every body except those who have a violent criminal background or are mentally ill.
>>
File: hi-point.jpg (35 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
hi-point.jpg
35 KB, 750x600
> What is your stance on gun laws?

BAN HI-POINT

That is all.
>>
>>71835291
One is a right. The other is a privilege
>>
>>71812773
Everyone should own their own heavy machibe gun and ballistic missile silo
>>
>>71834005
Faggot
>>
>>71812773
Generally hostile.
>Who should have access to this?
Anyone over the age of 18 who has not had a conviction for a violent felony in the last five years, a violent misdemeanor from a highly restricted list in the last twelve months, who has not been involuntarily committed in the last thirty six months, and who is not diagnosed as mentally retarded or adjudicated as incompetent. Anyone over the age of 12 on private property. Anyone under the age of 12 with adult supervision.
>Where should they be allowed to discharge their firearms?
Firing ranges should have no restrictions on where they can be built. Firearms can be discharged on public property in areas of low population density. Firearms can be discharged on private property without restriction but you are liable for any bullet you fire unless you have taken proper precautions such as building a range or an appropriate berm.
>Should lethal home defence be legal in X situation?
Lethal defense should be allowed to protect yourself or others from death or great bodily harm or to prevent a forcible felony. There should be no duty to retreat or warn and civil immunity for any shooting which does not result in a felony conviction. There should be no distinction between self defense in the home or in public.
>Should registration and/or licensing be required?
Not unless one is engaged in the business of buying and selling firearms or carries a firearm as a condition of employment.
>>
File: btfo.gif (2 MB, 379x216) Image search: [Google]
btfo.gif
2 MB, 379x216
>>71834878
>shoot intruder with rubber bullets
>he shoots you to death with real bullets
or
>he takes gun from you and takes pleasure in cutting you
Rubber bullets do not stop killers. Only pussies
>>
File: Mlady.webm (1 MB, 630x354) Image search: [Google]
Mlady.webm
1 MB, 630x354
>>71835281
>>
>>71812773
>No restriction on type of firearm except explosive and automatic

>Automatics can be obtained through licenses and proof of reasonable standing in the community (eg, if you get a reference from local police chief), cannot be bought if any history of mental illness or criminal record whatsoever

>Automatic weapons and high powered weapons (greater than 4,000 J muzzle energy) must be kept in a safe when not in transit. Proof of ownership of safe must be provided when buying high powered rifle

>If you have been out of prison for >5 years and your parole officer agrees it is reasonable, you can have a gun (same system for mental illness, but must have been clear for 3 years and have reference from your doctor)

>If you are on mind altering medication, or someone on medication has access to your guns, you must give guns to police to be held until you/they are no longer on the medication and have an all clear from doctor

>Responsible gun ownership is encouraged. After buying a gun for first time, if you take a course on gun safety/maintenance, you get the tax back from the purchase. This is non-mandatory.

>No tax on gun safes, ear defenders when bought with a firearm, or any other safety equipment
>>
>>71836140
>proof of reasonable standing in the community (eg, if you get a reference from local police chief),

So what happens if you live in a densely populated area where the local police chief is unlikely to know any individual person or has a general opposition to private ownership of firearms?
>>
File: 1456405598475.jpg (132 KB, 599x600) Image search: [Google]
1456405598475.jpg
132 KB, 599x600
>>71836140
>all clear from doctors
>doctors are antigun
???
>BOOM BOOM SMASH
GIVE UP YOUR GUNS NOW BANG BANG BANG
>>
>>71834292
And if our army, navy, air force, etc. are defeated and our country becomes occupied, then how would we fight back without the firearms? Having the second amendment ensures that the people can fight back against any threat at any time. Whether it's an occupation from a hostile government or our own government having turned against us, we can have an efficient rebel force.
>>
File: 1449250519475.png (352 KB, 519x1093) Image search: [Google]
1449250519475.png
352 KB, 519x1093
>>71812773
>>
File: lol1.jpg (28 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
lol1.jpg
28 KB, 400x400
>>71836140

>proof of reasonable standing in the community (eg, if you get a reference from local police chief),
>literally calling for Jim Crow laws

Fucking lefties.
>>
>>71836371
They don't have to personally know you, you just have to provide them with the evidence that you aren't the kind of gun toting school shooter. For example, if you are a teacher, who has a military background and has had firearms training in the past, with no criminal convictions etc etc etc, then they will give you the green light.

I personally believe that being able to purchase automatics as easily as semis, would be somewhat dangerous. Having a safeguard tactic stops inbred hill-billies and gang members from buying them.
>>
>>71836406
>And if our army, navy, air force, etc. are defeated and our country becomes occupied, then how would we fight back without the firearms? Having the second amendment ensures that the people can fight back against any threat at any time. Whether it's an occupation from a hostile government or our own government having turned against us, we can have an efficient rebel force.
If there is a force out there that can defeat our military with it's arsenal of conventional and nuclear weapons, our navy's fleet of warships and aircraft carriers, the Air Force's bombers, fighters and attack planes, and the Army's tanks and APCs, I doubt that you with your 9mm Glock are going to stop them.
>>
>>71837793
Well if it is such an overwhelmingly superior force as you say it might be. I would still rather die having run out of ammo than give up the possibility of even being able to fight. And really, it would literally have to be E.Ts for it to be hopeless, and even then...I wanna see what color their shields shimmer as I shoot them.
>>
>>71813029
>need authorization to transport to carry gun to my home and to the range

Not anymore, that's what C-42 did, it made ATT's integrated into the PAL.
Though I'm not sure for how long because weedman and most libs blasted it and vowed to repeal it.
>>
>>71837531
>stops inbred hill-billies and gang members from buying them.

Only if you can somehow prevent black market sales. For years in Chicago we had a handgun ban, I still owned handguns. We have an Assault Weapon Ban. I own scary black (and grey, and tan...) rifles. We had a ban on carry in the whole state. I still carried.
>>
>>71812773
>gun laws
Kill yourself, you government loving cuck. No entity should have such power as all the governments do.
>>
>>71812773
SHALL
NOT
BE
INFRINGED
>>
>>71837793
>I doubt that you with your 9mm Glock are going to stop them

Thats the problem, though, its not one guy with a Glock. If even 1% of gun owners in this country resisted you'd have a force larger than the resistance in France during WWII. If 0.1% resisted you'd have a force three times the size of ISIS.

All those gun owners wouldn't be forming into battalions, either. They'd be normal citizens going out their business, opportunistically hitting things with uniforms. A guy gets killed with a deer rifle here, some dude taking a dump gets ambushed with a pistol there, random troop buying a sandwich gets hit another place. A resistance isn't about taking ground, its about demoralizing an occupier and making it both difficult and expensive to maintain the occupation.

Look at the trouble the US had in holding Iraq and Afghanistan, two countries where they didn't have to worry about fucking up the local economy. Can you imagine the difficulty of patrolling 3.8 million square miles with 350 million people while relying on the continued economic activity of the area to fund yourself? You can't drone strike your own property tax generators, you can't put up checkpoint after checkpoint that will cause trucking to grind to a halt, you can't even maintain cohesion and morale with the kinds of ROE you would need to not have the whole system come tumbling down into chaos.

And thats assuming you don't have mass desertion from the people you're relying on to actually do the occupation.
Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.