[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Excuses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: no-excuses-white-design-280.png (28 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
no-excuses-white-design-280.png
28 KB, 280x280
Why do people dislike excuses? What is it about a legitimate excuse that makes it legitimate?

Discuss.
>>
>>71810428
they dont hate it if you have to excuse every few years.
they hate it if you do shit every day and hear your excuses
>>
>>71810566
I know people who will not accept excuses no matter what. Mostly professors. I am curious what the rationale behind this is.
>>
>>71810993
because its a BIG waste of time
the queen dosn't say helo for the same reason it would cost her about 2 hours a day to say helo to everybody
>>
>>71810993
and if your in universtiy its YOUR job to care for your OWN stuff not the job of your professor

he propably dosn't care and don't want you (and hundred other students) to waste his time
>>
>>71811381
Ahh yeah this makes sense, though this is exactly what is wrong with the Western education system.
>>
>>71810993
Yeah i get this too.
Something goes wrong for me. Stay quiet and just grit myself through it. Prof wants to know whats up why did this happen. Tell him why I DONT WANT TO HEAR EXCUSES ANON!

like wtf? fucking retards i swear.
>>
>>71811565
no your at university behave like an adoult and care for your own stuf and don't expect other to take care of it
its the only good thing in western education
>>
>>71811703
*adult
>>
>>71811703
Universities have strayed very far from the ideas of Plato and Aristotle. Both thought that education should be a very personal affair. Nowadays education is only about getting a job, and we see that this is the case with our grading system. I urge you to try to find an argument for why grades are necessary other than that they are necessary for companies to weed out people who do not try hard or who are not smart. Plato, Aristotle, and I would argue that this is not the goal of an education. An education should be for people who want to be educated, so any argumentation that grades are an incentive for people to get an education is bogus in my opinion.

An education is not about proving you are a grown up, it is about learning how to be a grown up, among other things. In my opinion, banning excuses and grading are counter to this goal.
>>
>>71812382
may one day may you will be a professor or not
and you will see all this kids who steal your time fowr your reserch and you will wish they don't find silly excuses for every shit and just stop stealing time and shut up
(and take care for there own stuff)

why? because Karma!
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.