[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>describing yourself as an Atheist, Anti-theist, Nihilist,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7
File: 1461028468987.jpg (293 KB, 770x1215) Image search: [Google]
1461028468987.jpg
293 KB, 770x1215
>describing yourself as an Atheist, Anti-theist, Nihilist, Follower of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, Disciple of Science, or some other stupid shit.

Just fucking stop, already. It's not cool to NOT have an ethos.
>>
>>71807567
I don't believe in God, not trying to be cool or edgy, it's just a fact. Doesn't that by definition make me an atheist, why can't I be described as such?
>>
>>71807567
It's not cool to believe in talking snakes in magical gardens in the year 2016.
>>
>>71807567
francis e dec is awesome you radio earphone frankenstein gangster computer god nerve gas assassin
>>
>>71807783

>being described as an atheist
>describing yourself as an atheist

different things.

>>71807822

It's cooler to believe in something than nothing, yo.

>>71807829

CIA gorilla gangster thugs beat me, pumped my apartment full of toxic computer god nerve gas, from their frankenstein gangster computer god controls.
>>
File: lolidunno.jpg (13 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
lolidunno.jpg
13 KB, 480x270
But I see 10x as many of these angry posts about atheists than I see actual posts from atheists

Seems like you guys are the annoying ones
>>
>>71807567
I'm an Erisian.
She's kinda like Kek, but a lot older, and a green-eyed brunette.

Forgive me if I find Christianity a little on the side of repressed homosexuality.
>>
>>71807963

>But I see 10x as many of these angry posts about atheists than I see actual posts from atheists

Maybe you got catfished, man.

>you guys

What am I, exactly?
>>
>>71808112

>Eris
>like Kek

I never thought about that before. Are dubs threads basically just kek's version of the golden apple?
>>
>>71808129
You are exactly the kind of person who makes these dumb posts.
>>
>>71808461

Nice dodge.
>>
>>71807567
>not cool

have your testicles dropped?
>>
>>71807567
>>71807901
>>71808129
>>71808175
you know that the Chinese government can see you shitpost right?
>>
>>71807567
Why would you think disbelief is an expression of or an attempt at coolness?
>>
Atheism is a plague more destructive than the worst of Islam
>>
>>71808576

>Chinese government

It's like you'll do anything to avoid talking about the matter at hand.
>>
>>71808624
Typically, among the younger crowd, with so many YouTube celebrities trying to make it Trendy, they will force it and assume that no one else can tell that they subconsciously feel guilty.
>>
>>71807567
I don't need imaginary friends in order to act like a decent human. I don't need them so that I can pretend death isn't permanent.

I'm an adult and I accept that the world is indifferent, there is nothing looking out for me, and I am strong enough in my willpower to not need a crutch to explain why I do the things I do.

The most disgusting people on the planet are those that are so rotten inside they need the threat of an eternity of torment in order to not go around being terrible assholes. How fucking weak are you that you can't resist being a scumbag unless a fairy has your back? That's half of religious people. The other half are so goddamn scared of dying that they gaslight themselves into thinking a being that allows children to be fucked and murdered will take care of them.

So yeah. I'm an atheist. I leave dumb motherfuckers like you alone though so show some of that godly wisdom and leave me alone. Your fan club is big enough, don't worry about me.
>>
>>71807567
What the hell is gangstalking?
>>
>>71807567
agnostic
>>
>>71807567
>9/11
>fixed election
>Globalism
>Area 51
>Monarch
>Pedowood
>Meme Magic
>Da Joos
>gangstalking
>helter skelter (partially)
>>
>>71808790
A specific manifestation of schizophrenia, where the subject is convinced through analysis of circumstances that they are always being followed by a group of people that are terrible at concealing it.
>>
>>71808786

>in order to act like a decent human
>goes on to talk about how he finds people disgusting, how he knows exactly what they think, and how base people are, and project like a motherfucker about how people who have faith in a higher power are scumbags.

Let me quote something for you, friend.

"Those thinkers who cannot believe in any gods often assert that the love of humanity would be in itself sufficient for them; and so, perhaps, it would, if they had it." - G K Chesterton.
>>
>>71808920

i've researched everything on the list BUT helter skelter. enlighten me?
>>
apatheist here
>>
>>71808933
Dang, I was hoping for something more entertaining like stalking an actual gang.
>>
>>71807567
4 SIMULTANEOUS 24-HOUR DAYS!!!!!! EVIL ADULTS BTFO! HOW CAN YOU EVEN COMPETE AGAINST THE WISEST MAN????
>>
>>71808988
The actual theory was growing dissent in minorities would cause blacks would rise up against whites and kill every whites except for the guy who made the theory (forgot his name) and his family (basically a lot of white concubines) who he'd repopulate with to restore whites and his family would rule over the blacks

I find the other half of his theory to be false but the first part is actually happening right now (minorities become dissatisfied, blacks becoming more violent and racist towards whites, t.blacklivesmatter)
>>
>>71809086
Well its not just Schizophrenia
Its more of induced Schizophrenia
Literally driving a person to the brink of insanity by constantly stalking them and ringing them up in the middle of the night etc to cause them to go mad
After a while, you wouldn't even need to stalk them, they'd imagine that happened to themselves on their own
>>
>>71808988
Charles Manson's prediction and subsequent attempts to start a race war.
>>
>>71809158

Some people call that conspiracy?

Nigger, I call that Detroit 2017.
>>
>>71809358
The first part is reality, but the second part is pretty much bs
>>
>>71808988
Check him out:
https://youtu.be/MhQI47DFsWU
This is the net result of being in Institutions for your whole life and taking too much LSD
>>
>>71809040
What's that? Can't be bothered to believe?

>>71807567
I have an ethos 'OP is faggot' it serves me well.

Seriously though, how come you can get on here from China but we never see any Chinese? They have a huge population some of them must be crazy fascists who can read and right English. Yet we never see any. Are you on some special internet connection or something?
>>
>>71809358
Not everything on that list is a conspiracy.

It's just a list of bizarre beliefs ranked by how common they are, and it's not that accurate.

Area 51 is more tier 1 than Illuminati/globalism.
>>
>>71807783
Not believing to God and being part of the religion of Atheism are two completely different things.
>>
>>71809597
Its not accurate at all
There was another post like this before and a Brit guy made a wayyyyy better Iceberg for conspiracies
>>
>>71809562

>how come you can get on here from China but we never see any Chinese?

I think because Chinese people that have the wherewithal to have learned English probably have better things to do? A lot of them use their own versions of websites, so I guess they have their own chans. They're gonna be more comfortable speaking Chinese, after all.
>>
File: wewladconspiracy.jpg (385 KB, 2480x3508) Image search: [Google]
wewladconspiracy.jpg
385 KB, 2480x3508
>>71809597
Found it
>>
>>71809158
Charles Manson.
>>
>>71809562

apatheist means that doesn't really concern me if theres a god or not, the fact that thousands of smart people, way smarter than me couldn't figure it out, i should just not bother with it
>>
>>71809727
Yep thats the one
Thanks anon
>>
I love listening to enlightened atheist kids and young adults try to impress me with their contrarian ways. Like yeah go on about how much you support liberal freedom and how God is fake and awful and then refuse DMT. Like top kek
>>
>>71809682
I guess that makes sense.
Have you found any websites blocked or was your first though 'I needed get on /pol/ and rile up the aetheists'?

>>71809803
I was close then. I think that's the position of a lot of people these days, even if the don't know the word.
>>
>>71810104

Some websites are blocked. Like facebook, youtube, etc. China has it's own versions of these things, so nobody cares.

Except tumblr. They don't have that. They use reddit a lot though, I think.

>'I needed get on /pol/ and rile up the aetheists'?

I've been here a while. Thinking about buying a fucking 4chan eridium pass.
>>
>>71807567
>being this defensive over claims to knowledge you can't possibly have
>wanting to be cool at all
Take a look at yourself in the mirror and see the degenerate looking back at you.
>>
>>71810237

>being this defensive over claims to knowledge

except i'm not making any claims other than "labelling yourself stupid edgy shit because you saw it on youtube is stupid".
>>
>>71809656
This is why I don't use the word. It's not that it isn't accurate. It's perfectly accurate. It means I think God is a made up idea, because nobody actually knows what happened before the beginning of the universe. We don't know so I don't pretend to know. That's it. It goes no deeper. I hold no ill will toward the religious and don't judge them negatively.

But it's people like you who wheel in this cartload of manure, your preconceived notions of a religion of atheism, and if I use the word, I disappear from your reality and you see only this pile of manure of your own invention.
>>
>>71809708
>White people come from Mars

I never heard that one.
The other day I heard the suggestion the Hilter and Paul Mccartney were the same person, but I think they were joking.

>>71810326
Come on then smart arse what do you believe?
>>
>>71810714

>Come on then smart arse what do you believe?

Transcendental Alchemy
>>
I consider myself agnostic as there's little proof for or against existence of god

*tips fedora*
>>
jesus christ look at these flags
/multicultural/
>>
File: harry_hill2.jpg (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
harry_hill2.jpg
29 KB, 300x300
>>71810915
>Transcendental Alchemy
Done any good transmutation lately?
>>
>Gang stalking

Why do idiots think this is real? Only schizophrenics buy into this shit.
>>
>>71811107

>Done any good transmutation lately?

Nah, that's traditional alchemy. Not Transcendental. Traditional alchemy is interesting to read about, though.
>>
>>71811184

It IS real. It does happen. Just...not to these people, on the scale that it gets discussed by the deranged.
>>
>>71811184
>what is Stasi

it was possible 50+ years ago, it's sure as fuck possible and doable now
>>
>>71807567
How are you not dead for believing that way being in china and all?
>>
>>71811616

I'm sorry, but it sounds like you got hustled, just a little. Look.
>4 years later I read Dawkins' explanation that atheism can simply mean skepticism of the existence of God.
>There is no emotional or political component.

but there is. For Dawkins, and for his standing in the "scientific community" he needs as many atheists as possible. So, he claims that it could just mean "questioning belief", and creates thousands more atheists.

It's like feminism, really. They just want people to identift as feminists, so they will say it's about equality, that it's about fairness. Anything to stick that label on you.

>But you shouldn't tell me I have to believe in something supernatural

It's not about believing in it. It's about not denying it outright because it suits your own beliefs.
>>
When I was 18 I realized Catholicism should be questioned just like anything else in life, and that I had been trained from early childhood to be biased toward accepting everything I had been taught about Catholicism. I looked at it with fresh eyes as if it was all new to me, and I could not convince myself to believe it. Then I read about religion and belief for a few years, and 4 years later I read Dawkins' explanation that atheism can simply mean skepticism of the existence of God. It does not have to mean certitude. So I started considering myself as falling under the category of atheist. It was dry logic. There is no emotional or political component. I am not anti-belief in God, only anti the same things Christians are anti, namely the bully religions of Islam and orthodox Jewry that wish ultimately to rule the world and subjugate those who don't believe their way.

I won't tell you not to believe. It's about spiritual insight, partly, and that's a personal thing and I have no business telling anyone how to interpret their own inner-space. But you shouldn't tell me I have to believe in something supernatural, because I am absolutely incapable of such belief. The word atheist is a plain and dry label for this plain and dry fact of unbelief.

Is it possible that God exists? Yeah, same as it's possible that ghosts exist. But I doubt ghosts exist. I still get a sneaking feeling, but it's more of an idea of the unknown. I feel the same about God. I wish God existed but I doubt it.
>>
>>71811336
That's disappointing. I was hoping you could share some secrets.

You've managed to transmute into Macao which is quite a good trick.

So do you meditate or go to 'church' or something. This isn't like Scientology or Islam where they won't let you leave is it?

>>71811670
They have a mild toleration for religion now I believe. So long as you don't talk too much about it, or have anything to do with the wicked Dalai Lama. Also pay attention to the name, I don't think he's Chinese.
>>
>>71807567
what's the bottom right picture supposed to be?
>>
>>71811772
I disagree with you. I don't follow Dawkins. I don't belong to any online or offline community of atheists. I don't ask the people I know about their religious beliefs and nobody asks me. I don't talk about it ever except to my girlfriend or in threads just like this one. I simply read his explanation of the definitions, which are accurate. I looked up the word atheism in the dictionary just now and it holds up. It's disbelief in God. There's a second definition about a "doctrine" but I don't belong to that. I looked up disbelief too. It's the feeling of being unable to consider something to be true. That's exactly how I feel.
>>
>>71811772

RARE
A
R
E
>>
>>71811772
Maybe I'm not the sort of person your OP is targeting but I suspect my kind of private atheism is vastly more common than the meme kind.
>>
>>71811832

> I was hoping you could share some secrets.

There's a lot of awesome secret reading you could do. Alchemists were crazy fuckers, due to breathing in too many fumes, so they wrote shit in code. Reading their stuff is like reading the ravings of really philosophical methheads.

>do you meditate or go to 'church' or something.

Nope. i meditate from time to time, though.

>This isn't like Scientology or Islam where they won't let you leave is it?

Nah. People don't even know what it is, generally, and as it sounds pretentious as fuck people generally don't care. And it's too hard for hipsters to understand so it all works out.
>>
>>71812585
So long as you're having fun and it's not some sort of dangerous cult, enjoy your spirituality.

Personally there are few things I like more than a walk in the woods. I think getting closer to nature is one of the most 'spiritual' natural things you can do without drugs.
>>
File: 1448384186519.png (577 KB, 480x476) Image search: [Google]
1448384186519.png
577 KB, 480x476
>>71811107
>mfw nuclear reactors perform transmutations all day erryday
You do realize nuclear fission could potentially be used to turn lead into gold some time in the future?
>>
>>71812493

>Grenada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcWVy83ySmM
>>
>>71814790
Thanks for the creepy pepe.
Unfortunately the amount of effort required to produce gold in such a way means the mining is still the most economical approach. (Although I have heard talk of filtering it from sand.)

Maybe when, fusion reactor power stations are a reality there will be enough cheap energy to try such things. After all gold is just lead with 3 fewer protons (and some missing neutrons as well).

Unfortunately a commercial fusion plant remains at least 30 years away.
Probably good news for people who have invested in gold.
>>
>>71815301
Yeah it's not gonna be economical for a long time, but it does mean alchemists were right all along about all matter being transmutable into different elements. Nuclear reactors vindicate the likes of John Dee who experimented their whole lives, in vain, to perform elemental transmutations.
>>
>>71809708
hitler is the second last avatar mate
otherwise we would have left the kali yuga already
>>
>>71807567
>It's not cool to NOT have an ethos
Why is that though? Is it "cool" to have an ethos then? Why should we even have one?
>>
>>71807567
Guess I'd stop believing in god(s) too after seeing the shit I've seen in China too
>>
>>71807567
>fixed election
>JFK
>9/11
>freemasons
>fluoride
>pedowood
>Actual MK Ultra
>da joos
>ancient astronauts
>Ningen
>white genocide
>>
>>71815550
If only they knew how much energy it would take they might have spent more time on 'proper' science. Alchemy was quite the craze back then.

Apparently Isaac Newton was a big fan of the subject, when he wasn't contemplating apples and elliptical motion.

His work on the subject has been put online.
http://webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu/newton/index.jsp
I might have a read of it later.
>>
>>71816085
Isaac Newton was also big into Christian mysticism and considered his research into biblical numerology and shit like that more important than his contributions to physics.

Scientists were metal as fuck back in the day.
>>
>>71808956
Damn...killing him with the raw edge of truth. Excellently done!
>>
File: 547m3-3.png (111 KB, 575x535) Image search: [Google]
547m3-3.png
111 KB, 575x535
>>71807783
>Doesn't that by definition make me an atheist, why can't I be described as such?
No. Atheists are equally dumb (if not dumber). You can not proof there is no god.

The reasonable answere here is: agnosticism, and a cordial fuck off already.
>>
>>71807567

I thought christfags were illegal in china, I should report you to the government

what are you doing there anyway, proselytising?
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.