[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't Americans actually know their rights?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 4
File: christopher-lollie-mugshot.jpg (25 KB, 306x397) Image search: [Google]
christopher-lollie-mugshot.jpg
25 KB, 306x397
I'm so tired of this. This man broke the law and the police took appropriate action. But, because of white guilt and SJW overtake of government, everyone is falling all over themselves and apologizing for racism. The city is giving him money in a settlement and people regard him as a hero, he's going around giving talks to young black kids about "knowing their rights" when the whole reason he got tazed in the first place is HE DIDN'T UNDERSTAND HIS RIGHTS.

Americans, confronted by police, often talk about their "rights", but they get the details wrong. This guy clearly didn't understand his 4th and 5th amendment rights. I see this all the time in so-called 'police brutality' videos. I'm a Canadian and I know your constitution better than most Americans... it's disgusting, to be honest.

For those of you who don't know this story, the man's name is Chris Lollie. Here's the brief version of events:

>sits down in a chair on private property owned by First National Bank, he's going to pick up his kids somewhere near by and is killing time
>security guard working for FNB talks to him and, for reasons we'll never know, tells him to leave
>Lollie refuses to leave, so the security guard calls the police
>officer shows up on scene and tries to talk to him. He tells her that he does not need to tell her anything or show ID because he didn't do anything wrong (trying to quote the 4th and 5th)
>the officer very calmly explains to him that because someone called 911 on him, she has probable cause to stop and question
>Lollie won't cooperate, won't even stop walking, won't answer any questions
>a second cop shows up and tells him he's under arrest. Again, Lollie refuses to cooperate. He says that because he committed no crime, they have no right to arrest him. He physically resists hand-cuffing
>a third cop shows up and tazes him

Link to vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppJ61L8LcfU
>>
>>71806909
Your 4th amendment rights can be temporarily infringed if the police have reasonable suspicion that you have just committed, or are about to, commit a crime. If someone calls 911 and says that you were just trespassing on their property, that is a perfect example of reasonable suspicion. The cops do have the right to investigate, which means stopping you.

Now, when they stop you, your 5th amendment rights to indeed mean that you do not need to answer any questions. You can completely refuse to answer all questions at that point and wait for a laywer, BUT, if you do refuse to cooperate the police do have the right to arrest you. The 5th amendment gives you protection from self-incrimination. The police can't force you to say anything. (Right to remain silent). It doesn't mean you can be silent AND walk away. No, no, no, that's not how it works. You can talk and explain yourself, or you can be silent and get cuffed. You don't get to just walk away if you refuse to cooperate with the investigation.
>>
>>71806909
>officer shows up on scene and tries to talk to him. He tells her that he does not need to tell her anything or show ID because he didn't do anything wrong
Well, there you go, by his statement the police officer no longer has any probable cause, cop should just move along
>>
>>71806909
Why didn't they just buckshot his leg?
>>
>>71806909
>won't even stop walking

So he did leave the bank then? Sounds like the cops harassing someone that is no longer a problem.
>>
>>71808890
>cops no longer have probable cause
>because the suspect claims he dindu nuffin
If you're going to read up on your legal rights on wikipedia, you should probably read more than the first two sentences.
>>
>>71809059
He stayed in the bank for 10 minutes after the guard told him to leave. He only left when he saw the Po Po show up.
>>
>>71806909
for a bunch of animals that are terrified of cops, they sure do love to confront them, don't they?
>>
>>71809421
Actually I have a theory about this.

Black men, like Lollie, experience some racism (let's be honest, sometimes a store owner will treat a black guy like a thief even when he's legit shopping).

So they then assume society hates them and everyone is racist.

So when an authority figure interacts with them (like a security guard saying 'hi, sir, what are you doing here?') they assume they are being racist, so these black guys act hostile towards authority figures.

Because they act hostile and uncooperative, they end up getting arrested/confronted very often.

This just goes to confirm their suspicion that all cops hate them. This also confirms cops' suspicions that all niggers gonna nig.

The cycle repeats itself. Cops hate niggers, niggers hate cops. It never ends.

I say this because I worked as a security guard for years and I saw both sides of it. I got calls from stores saying they had a suspicious man in the store. I'd show up and the dude wasn't doing anything abnormal, he was just shopping, but he was black. I also had many times where I confronted people for breaking the rules, like going in off-limits areas or whatever, and black guys would always get super defensive/confrontational immediately (I'm white).
>>
>>71809742
Everyone who lives in a society that's not 100% homogeneous experiences "some racism". It doesn't cause a cascade of emotions that lead to violent police encounters in the vast, vast majority of cases.

Unless your theory states that black men experience significantly more racism, a special kind of racism, or are less capable of dealing with racism, it seems suspect.
>>
>>71810149
I didn't say they experience more, per se, but they are taught that society is 'out to get them' and that they are victims. By thinking of themselves as victims, they create a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Think about it. A white guy in Lollie's situation probably would have said to the guard "what's the problem, I'm not bothering anyone". If the guard still told him to leave, he probably would have left, calling the guard a faggot or something, but the scene would have ended there. In Lollie's case, he chose to escalate it.

What I'm saying is black men already assume that authority figures are looking to abuse them, so they get extra confrontational. Because of that, they get tazed and arrested more often, and this only serves to reinforce their belief that they are victims.
>>
Realistically, when an officer asks you for information, you should immediately cooperate and be as polite as possible so as to not throw any more suspicion on yourself. Avoiding questions, acting irate, screaming "someone help me," or generally interfering with their job is going to cause you a number of problems that may not have even existed in the first place. 9 times out of 10 an officer is simply conducting public safety, and making sure you are not suspicious and not doing anything you may have been reported you were doing. Even if someone calls the cops on you and they are wrong, the police still have to check things out, that is their job. Avoiding them and ignoring them makes you look guilty of something else.
>>
>>71806909

so why did the cops pull that shit?

you never got around to a part where Lollie guy commits some infraction
>>
>>71809742
And here is my theory:

If you are not committing a crime, act polite and civil with a cop in all instances and you will never end up in jail.

If you are not committing a crime, and act horrible and start ignoring a cop and screaming, you're fucked.
>>
>>71809742
>>71811064
Furthermore, a majority of police are likely to find it refreshing when they detain or stop a black man and he acts civil and quiet. I've seen many cops interact with nigs in this area, and the ones in button down shirts that speak like human beings are never, EVER in the handcuffs.
>>
>>71810879
I agree, but most people around me seem to disagree. I've always said to people that the time to argue and dispute an arrest or charges is in court, not on the street, but it seems my opinion is unpopular.

I completely agree with you - even if you think the cops don't have the right to do what they're doing, you have to be very careful about how you deal with it. Imagine the cops come into your home without a warrant. What should you do? You could file a complaint and a civil suit at a later time, or you could start punching them. The former solution is the better one, in my opinion. A lot of people seem to think the latter solution is okay too.

Another example - imagine the cops tell you you're under arrest, thinking your another person. It's a case of mistaken identity. What should you do? Instead of getting into a fist fight, you should allow them to arrest you and fight the arrest legally later on, at the station or in a court. In fact, even though they have a mistaken identity, you do not have the right to physically fight them.

>>71810981
Why did they pull that shit?

>911 call - I'm a security guard in a bank, I told a man who is not a customer to leave, he hasn't left
>cops show up, man gets up to leave just as cops arrive
>cops tell the man they want to talk to him. He says he doesn't have to answer any questions and walks away and ignores them
>cops say 'ok, we're arresting you now, put your hands behind your back' man does not cooperate, he physically fights them off
>they taze him
>>
>>71811064
Well, this isn't exactly true. It's still possible to be arrested for something you did not do, cops can make mistakes. The solution to that problem, however, is found at the police station or in a court, not by punching them on the street.
>>
>>71811285
You never, EVER, argue with a cop. EVER.
They will throw your ass in jail and not think twice.

If you are in a bad spot, you argue with the judge. You act as POLITE as possible with the cop, and deny any wrongdoing with simple one word or direct answers.

You never get loud either. You always keep a low voice with them and always say officer.
>>
>>71811333
It's highly unlikely someone who is not guilty and is found acting normal and cooperative will be put in handcuffs and booked.
>>
>>71806909
cops are there to serve the people not the other way around. annoying as he might be they have no right to taze him. non lethal doesn't mean use at your convenience.

the only time one should unconditionally listen to a cop is in an actual emergency.
>>
>>71811377

Dude, honestly this. I've been arrested a couple times. I've had far more close calls than arrests.

Fact is, yes sir, no sir and just being a decent human being to deal with us worth far more than getting shitty. Same as customer service really. Or food service. Or any dispute in a civil setting.

Respect and politeness get you so much further than flinging shit. And in the event you do just get a shitty person with a chip on their shoulder there are ways to deal with that too.
>>
>>71811666
A lot of the cops only are shitty with chips on their shoulders because they just dealt with 25 nigs that screeched or horrible dumbfucks that went insane already all day long.
>>
>>71811399
Here in Canada, if a person is even accused of assault, the police MUST cuff and book them, they don't even have an option in the matter. So yeah, you can be arrested for something you did not do.
>>
>>71811485
Did you even read anything? They had every right to taze him. They were making a lawful arrest and he was wrestling with them.
>>
>>71811485
When a cop says you are under arrest and you fight them, you're getting tazed.

In a big city, you will get shot with a gun.
>>71811851
Canadian police are a lot different I assume, and I think the nigs in Canada are a lot less violent/uncivil. Nigs in most areas of the world are better than American nigs.
>>
>>71811955
I'll add, American cops aren't that bad normally, they will aim to disable when they shoot you, but people die all the time from resisting arrest and becoming violent by getting shot in the chest.
These fucks often reach for their guns or lash out with weapons or try to break bones.
>>
>>71808890
Your reading comprehension is terrible
>>
>>71806909
race aside, why the fuck would he not be allowed to be on their property? all he did was sit.
>>
>>71812026
top kek, they don't aim to disable if they are using their sidearm. Lethal force is lethal force. They will, however, use less-lethal force whenever they can, such as deploying a taser, using a baton, or CS spray, or just tackling.

>>71811955
Anyway, whether in Canada or the United States, people DO get arrested for things they did not do, cops CAN make mistakes, it does happen, but the citizen still must cooperate. You aren't allowed to resist arrest just because you know you didn't commit a crime. You will be questioned at the station where you can argue you are innocent, or you will have your day in court, you're not allowed to resist the arrest. I can't believe how many people don't understand this. When a cop says you're under arrest, you're under arrest, whether you like it or not, whether you disagree with the arrest or not. You have no right to resist.
>>
The biggest problems why there is so much police brutality in America are:

1. Understaffing, this is the biggest problem it causes way to much tension on the daily work routine and causes officers to get a shorter training than what would be required for thier job.
2. 2nd Amendment. Not that owning guns is bad or anything, hell I'd love to have my own guns but they way it's implented. Afaik in the majority of the states Open Carry is forbidden and you need a special license if you want to do that, I'd be for changing it around, make open carry legal (even binding, forcing everyone to carry their gun/knive/whatever openly) and such the Police don't know whats gonna happen. Tazers are not brutality desu, it's the mildest way to resolve a conflict and ensure that these guys don't get killed.
3. Drugs. Everytime the cops show up they don't know anything about the person, and if it's some crazy methhead (regardless of race) they are immidietly in danger because they can't judge what he'll do.

So yeah. Thats my 2 cents on that.
>>
>>71812266
Right. As a cop, that's probably what you would be trying to figure out. It's hard to investigate the call if the suspect is ignoring you and won't answer any questions.

But to answer your question - a business is allowed to eject someone from their property, if that person is not a customer. If you go into a bank to use the bank's services, you're a customer. If you just go into a bank to sit on their comfy chair, you're not a customer. You're loitering. If they tell you to leave, you must leave, that is the law.
>>
>>71812266
Same as in Germany you fuck. Private property is as the name says, private. You can kick out whoever you want.
>>
>>71812350
Thanks for your input Zahid
>>
>>71812266
Would you want a nigger wandering in off the street to sit on your chairs?

>Germany
Actually, you cucks would probably invite him in and offer your wife as a refreshment.
>>
>>71812266

Doesn't really matter, does it? It's private property. You don't have a right to be there to begin with. If someone asks me to leave their house or store, my option is to comply or get arrested for trespassing. Their reason doesn't matter unless you can reasonably prove it is because of discrimination of a protected class(which you most certainly won't be able to).

If someone finds you suspicious and asks you to leave, that's it.
>>
>>71809105
>>71812057

He was being sarcastic, ugh ban Asperger's and make /Pol/ great again
>>
>>71812350
Your two cents are retarded. Cops are understaffed, yeah, but that's the only thing you said that's not stupid.

Open carry is legal most places. Texas just allowed it, this map is old.

Drugs, you can tell when someone's on drugs. You just ask them a question, any question and watch their response.
>>
>>71812647
heh looks like I'm retardd too.
>>
>>71812566
Even if you think you can prove discrimination of a protected class, you're supposed to leave and file a complaint, and take them to court.

The time/place for this stuff is in court, but no one seems to get that. They try to fight the cops on the street, and then cry when they get punched/tazed, and then the media portrays them as victims and heroes.
>>
>>71812647
I will agree with him on one point, though - that the 2nd amendment makes cop-civilian interactions a lot more high stakes in the US.

Here in Toronto, a city of 3 million, only 2 cops have died on duty in the last 20 years, and both in vehicle crashes, not from a knife or gun. There are thugs here with guns, but they can't aim for shit and they use such poor quality shit that it jams all the time. Cops aren't afraid of getting shot so, for the most part, they are slow to draw. In a big American city, though, cops know that in any traffic stop there is a very high chance the person they're talking to is packing a weapon that works and they might even be able to aim it.
>>
>>71811876
Correction, they chose to arrest and taze him. In other words they chose to needlessly escalate the situation since, from what I gathered, the dude left the building and the situation was resolved.

Cops' actions were borderline excessive which is evident by the fact that the city has made a settlement with him (granted, possibility of a race riot and bad PR could have also influenced this outcome, but I doubt they'd pay if the officers were acting completely by the book)

I get where you're coming from but the cops should have exercised better judgement instead of needlessly making the situation worse for everyone. At the end of the day cops are civil servants and their first instinct shouldn't be to arrest and taze people for most minor of shit.

I'm sure that whatever city this happened in there are infinitely more pressing matters and more dangerous crimes going on. Instead of doing something about that, they chose to get anal about a minor infraction at most.
>>
>>71808890

>Officer, this man has been hanging out on my lawn, even though I asked him to leave!
>Excuse me, sir. The man over there claims that you've been on his property without permission.
>I dindu nuffin'.
>Well, we got called here by someone who disagrees. Can you give me your version of events?
>I dun hafta tell you nuffin'.
>True, but if you're not going to tell me otherwise, I'm just going to assume that he's telling the truth. This is your opportunity to tell your side of the story.
>I dun hafta to tell you nuffin'.
>Can I see your ID?
>I dun 'hafta give you nuffin'. Dis is po-leese harassment and a violation of mah rights.
>Oh, I'm so sorry, sir! Please excuse me for being racist! Please, have some money! Sorry, guy who owns this house! It's a violation of his rights to investigate his presence on your property! You'll just have to deal with it!

How are the police supposed to protect anybody's rights by the line of reasoning that police can't do anything unless the suspect consents?
>>
>>71809742
>sometimes a store owner will treat a black guy like a thief even when he's legit shopping

That's called learning by living. Store owners or store keepers generally keep a good eye out for any shady people. Most of the time they actually catch someone shoplifting. Most of the time, they're from a specific demographic. That's not racism, that's being cautious.

Like keeping an eye out if you're seeing a single, shady looking guy skulking around a playground. You're not assuming that ALL MEN ARE PEDOPHILES, you're just being cautious.
>>
>>71813014
>>71812566

I'd be interested to see exactly where the chair was. It looked like from the video they were in an office type building with multiple suites. If the chair was right outside the bank but in a common area, and the security guards authority ends at the bank, they really didn't have cause to bother him.
>>
>>71812639
people earnestly say shit stupider than that all the time on /pol/ and you're surprised people didn't think it was sarcasm?

autist
>>
>>71806909
>Black
>Picking up his kids

Bullshit
>>
>>71812961
I agree that the second cop who showed up could have handled the situation better. From an employer's point of view, if I were his supervisor I would demand he undergo more training. As a former security guard I know a lot about de-escalation and how important it is.

Nevertheless, he was perfectly within his rights to make the arrest. Just because you stop committing a crime when the cops show up, doesn't absolve you of the crime. If you're drinking in public, the cops show up, and you put away the alcohol, do they need to let you go? If you're spraying graffiti on a wall and the cops show up, and you put the spray can away, do they need to let you go?

If you're trespassing and the cops show up, and you decide to stop trespassing and leave, does that make you innocent of the trespass you just committed? No. Even trespassing for 5 seconds is still trespassing, and you can be found guilty.

Also, the first cop who showed up, the woman, was EXTREMELY patient and nice to Lollie. She was being very reasonable. Lollie chose to be a cunt and that's why they arrested him.
>>
>>71813358
This guy gets it.
>>
>>71813188
I didn't start a thread like a fucking moron who doesn't have his facts straight. Either go look it up yourself or trust me that I've looked into this. There is no dispute, the chair was 100% bank property, it was not a common area at all, it was definitely private property.

Also, even if it was a "public" area, as in, owned by the city, it's still private property and a city employee would have the right to tell someone to leave.

There's really no such thing as a public area, other than roads and sidewalks. Everywhere you go is owned by someone, even if it's the government, and they have the right to tell you to leave. Try hanging out in a kindergarten playground if you don't believe me.

(side note: the area he sat in was bought by the city after this incident, it is now city property)
>>
>>71806909

Been a while since I've seen Canacuck post a serious, well written post.

Based Canadabro, I couldn't tell you why Americans don't know their rights even if I lived there. It's hard to pinpoint the source of ignorance, because I think it's mostly due to culture.

Platforms of information are saturated with ads and celebrity news, television caters to the lowest common denominator, and school doesn't encourage critical thinking. Learn this by heart and tick the correct box, nobody cares if you understand what you're learning and why.

Black thug culture doesn't help, also. "Acting white" is being an honest, hardworking man. Add to this BLM and white guilt, and everyone is being dragged to hood scum level.
>>
>>71813319
Thebestthebestthebest!
>>
>>71813319

Also this. A Fatherless America really doesn't help.

Ever seen a woman that know her rights? Now imagine an American woman. She's the only source of parental education to her son(s). Things are bound to be unhealthy.
>>
>>71813575

It's not much better here, to be honest. I know the Canadian constitution and criminal code very well because I studied it as an adult. I learned very little about it in school. This is unacceptable, in my opinion. Every child should be taught their constitution and important laws as one of the highest priorities.
>>
>>71813569

Listen you fucking idiot. That's not what I was saying. Do they have malls in Canada? Multi-use office buildings? Let me dumb it down for you

>In a building that contains a restaurant, a clothing store, and a video game store
>restaurant employee can only ask you to leave restaurant because that's the only place where he has authority
>same is true for clothing store and video game store
>video game store employee can't eject you from clothing store, he has no power there.

back to the present example, IF it was a multi-use building owned by someone OTHER than the bank where the bank had leased SPACE, the bank's security guard's authority ends at the space they leased. IF the chair was outside of that space, then there's no cause to bother him was all I was saying, syrupfriend.

Maybe that's what he'll argue at trial. He'll probably won't lose if he gets a sympathetic jury.

do you have a screenshot of the area?
>>
>>71813889

I'm about to go to Law school myself, and half of the reason of going there is because I truly don't know my own rights and feel like I should know more.
>>
>>71806909
Dumb nigger should've never been in the bank in the first place.
>>
File: 10sdsn.jpg (67 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
10sdsn.jpg
67 KB, 500x333
>>71813889
>>You can teach things to darkies

Found your mistake
>>
>>71813188

It's really irrelevant to his behavior.

>I was sittin' in da common area over here, officer.

Thus, you have the possible beginning of nothing more than a warning for the suspect or a lecture for the guard. If he wanted it to be cleared up with minimal hassle, actually talking to the police was the way to go.

>I dindu nuffin', and I have no legal obligation to talk to you!

Pretty much always leads into arrest, since your refusal to provide your side of the story makes it completely reasonable for the officer to conclude that the other party was probably telling the truth and that you're not in the least bit apologetic for your behavior. If you want a lawyer before talking to the police, that's also an event for the station. They're not going to let you hold your meeting in a place where you could just run off.

>resisting arrest under any circumstance

As the other anon pointed out, this is not among your rights. If an officer places you under arrest, you must comply. If you resist, you're obstructing the law and being a danger to the officers. At this point, they have the right to use force to place you under arrest.
>>
>>71813969
you call me an idiot and yet you can't even google "Chris Lollie".

It is indeed a multi-use property, but the area he was sitting in was under the control of FNB. He was sitting about 25 feet from the concierge desk where the guards work. Google it yourself, I'm not going to spoon feed you. Or don't, I don't care.
>>
>>71814102

That's a huge investment for just pure interest. You'd better know you want to be a lawyer and are willing to work your ass off for it before you go.
>>
>>71813358
The way I see it the only party here that was 100% correct were the security guards at the bank. They're the only ones who were perfectly within their boundaries when telling him to GTFO.

The dude obviously brought this on himself by being a disrespectful dick towards the bank personnel and being a dick to the cops.

The cops on the other hand brought it on themselves by ineptly meddling in when the situation was already resolved. I imagine that in majority of trespassing cases the cops just tell the offender to GTFO and if he complies they're done with it. Especially because trespassing is a particularly dubious infraction (this dude has the gist of it >>71813969 ).

This is the reason the city made a settlement because they know that there is a good chance that the court would actually rule in favour of the black dude.
>>
>>71814450

As I've said, it's half of the reason, not the entirety of it. Don't worry about me.
>>
>>71814512
Except you are wrong. Every time the police stop someone to investigate an offense or violation, they ID the person. Every. Fucking. Time. The police always ID a suspect because they want to see if that person has any outstanding warrants, peace bonds, or history. Furthermore, the constitution of the US offers no freedom from being stopped if the police have reasonable grounds to suspect you of committing an offense (such as a security guard telling them that you did).
>>
Ugggh he got 100k because of this.
Fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>71814546

Good, then, good luck.
>>
>>71811666
Agree completely. Last time I was arrested, chatted politely with the officers about the charge and in the end they just asked me if I'd be happy to accompany them to the station. They got into the car first and left me to get in to the back seat on my own.

Police officers have a thankless, pretty shitty job to do and the harder you make it for them - for no fucking reason except to throw a tantrum - the worse it'll go for you.

And quite rightly too.
>>
>>71814646

Yeah, it's sickening. He should have been charged with trespassing, he should have been charged with resisting arrest, and the city should have taken the civil suit to court.

I guess that's black privilege, for you.
>>
>>71806909

>"police took appropriate action"

>carry on reading

>"they tasered him because he did not consent to giving his name"

you dont haev to give your name you millennial cretin. Nor can you assault people as the first course of action if asking doesn't work
>>
>>71814401
I have no obligation to comply if I'm not under arrest, I cannot be placed under arrest without probable cause. If no probable cause is found after an investigation I did not resist arrest.
>>
>>71814867

The police were called because someone claimed that you were breaking the law. This is probably cause to question you, and if deemed necessary by the officer (i.e. if he believes that it's likely that you were indeed breaking the law, and that it warrants an arrest), arrest you.

Again, how are the officers supposed to uphold things like trespassing or loitering laws if they need the suspect's consent in order to do anything?
>>
>>71814867
>>71814865
>someone calls 911, says you are in a bank and refuse to leave, even though you aren't using the bank's services

There's your probable cause, you illiterate dindu
>>
File: 56cd25c8866a2840886578.gif (3 MB, 248x203) Image search: [Google]
56cd25c8866a2840886578.gif
3 MB, 248x203
A fucking Americuck tried telling me some bullshit about "every advanced nation in the world is secular, except for america. were the only advanced christian nation!" I told him that the US is secular. He went apeshit and I read him the First Amendment of HIS fucking constitution because I knew what it said and he didn't apparently.
>>
>>71813848
>French is widely spoken throughout Africa
They are called Niggers here, not Americans
>>
>>71815315
In allah we trust
>>
>cops showed up for sitting in chair

everyone involved should be fired
>>
>>71809051
Leg may have been stolen.
>>
>>71815459

Cool. Send me your address so I can go into your home and sit on your most comfortable chair, whenever I feel like it.
>>
There really needs to be a movement to start protesting cases where the courts decide that black people are above the law. If it results in riots, there needs to shots fired at the rioters.

I know that it's not just /pol/ that's extremely tired of playing nice with the alliance that pretends like we still live in the middle of the civil rights era and we should just blindly agree that non-whites and women face oppression without asking any questions to clarify. I believe that we're a silent bipartisan majority.
>>
>>71815511

People like him will never consider nuance when said nuance goes against what he wants to think. They'll always just boil things down to the most oversimplified shit that will let them claim that a problem is going on.
>>
>Im not your brother

send this asshole to hell

just a typical asshole
>>
>>71815459
its private property, dumbass
>>
>>71815511
Whose home was he invading, racist?
>>
>>71815723

Sadly I think we are outnumbered. Most white people will look at the Lollie incident and think it was all due to racism.
>>
>>71814743
Me too mate. A few years ago when I was 19 me and a few buddies were detained on suspicion of robbery (a few guys matching our description robbed a service station down the road). I began to calmly talk to the police, one of my buddies got kinda defensive and started arguing, and the other just started sprinting into the distance.

Of course, the guy who sprinted got brought down and had his face "Smacked against the side of the car when we were trying to get him in" (aka he got his shit beaten in), the guy who argued was brought back to the station, and the cops just asked me politely if I could come back with them.

Guy who ran got charged with resisting arrest and assault (hit and spat on a cop), guy who argued got released without charge, and I was given a donut and some fries and let go after 15 minutes.
>>
Not in anyone's interest to have him arrested after he left and cost further expenses. Do they actually think they are giving the whole of society a lesson?

Pigs like this are a money wasting virus on America.
>>
>>71815991

Your mom's. That's why she's having anal sphincter reconstructive surgery next week.
>>
>>71816292

Does the average person cause a big scene everywhere they go, that results in people calling 911 on them? No? So when the cops get called because some idiot was doing just that, they suspect that idiot is not your average person. This is why they ID that person to see if there are outstanding warrants, peace bonds, etc. Not only is it legal, it makes sense.
>>
>>71816081

I don't know that I agree.

From my experiences, people talk about how bullshit this is all the time in the privacy of their living rooms. If you look at the comments sections on articles and the like, they're always against the regressives, as well. They're just not out in front of the courtroom, on college campuses, or in the ghettos where this particular problem festers protesting to fix things. That's where we need to be in order to slowly force the regressive media into fair and truthful reporting, academia into throwing out bigoted and hypocritical movements with no foundation in fact, and the courts into upholding our laws without apology.
>>
>>71816303
Angry racist beta male. Take a shower.
>>
>>71816391

But your mom prefers me dirty and smelly.
>>
>>71816369
They need to let him go when he leaves and end it there.

Fuck the feelings of public servants. They're servants, not superheroes. Their job was to get him to leave.

He just needed a place to sit and you all spew out racist suspicion. do you hear yourself?
>>
>>71816162
Fukken nice story.

Real shame that I reckon it'd turn out differently here.

If you're with some of your buds and a case of mistaken identity leads an officer to question you guys, and some chucklefuck with you books it and runs....

I can't really see anyone getting let off without a charge, much less getting free grub out of it.

I'm not at all a FUCK THE POLICE kinda guy, but in a situation like that, you'd likely be getting the long dick of the law just because you hung around with idiots.
>>
>>71814546
>>71814512
>>71814626
>>71813444
>>71813234
>>71813185

All these different flag postulating on my system of Government.
The perp was out of line. When the Bank Rep told him to move, and he refused it was trespassing-an arrestable crime.

The perp was resisting a lawful arrest. Even though later on the area in question may have been a common area, the arrest is still valid.

The perp escalated this, by not complying with the directions of the female officer to id himself. He should have acted reasonable, and pointed out the area and settle the matter like a gentleman. It would then be a civil matter. Bettween the person formally known as the perp and mall.

When he later resisted the male officer who rightfully placed him under arrest for trespass, and obstruction.

The settlement does not offer any wrong doing on the states part, but it is the politically expedient way to quash an incident. Its a calling card of our society: the squeaky wheel does get the grease.

As a mall security officer, I can unequivocally say that if the area was common area, then the bank guard was at fault by not knowing the boundaries of the bank and the mall.

Regarding the 5th Amendment: the courts have repeatedly found that the right to remain silent does not include pedigree information when requested by a police officer acting in a lawful stop.

Should the cop had known that the area was common? I think that the area of a bank and the area of the mall would be self evident (ie: gate boundries, walls and carpeting). Additionaly had the perp complied with the id order, and pointed out the area it would be come clear to all partied involved that the incident is a civil matter. And he would not have gotten tazed and arrested.

No doubt his arrest is sealed because the charges where dropped, but a quick search of his name- not on any police database- but on the internet would yield info to his incident. Good luck trying to get a decent job.
>>
>>71816373

But do you actually know lefties? I do. There are tons of them and they talk about this stuff in their living rooms too.
>>
>>71816755
technically he did not leave and thus technically he trespassed. We've already been over this.

If you're trespassing and then decide to stop, after you have committed the offense, you've still committed the offense.

If you're speeding, and a cop care starts following you, so you stop speeding, you were still speeding and can be fined.
>>
>>71816906

>Regarding the 5th Amendment: the courts have repeatedly found that the right to remain silent does not include pedigree information when requested by a police officer acting in a lawful stop.

This is very important, and I forgot to mention this. Pedigree information means things like name, address, date of birth, etc - ie, showing your ID.
>>
>>71817034
It was a fucking lobby
all of you and the cops should try using some fucking common sense instead of trying to make a case of everything. this is how government always goes broke.
>>
>>71817487
Yeah, that's nice, so if he had just calmly explained that to the cop I wonder what would have happened? Maybe he shouldn't have walked away and ignored the cop.
>>
>>71816906
Hey now, I'm completly on your side. It's basicly the same here.
Do something wrong -> Don't comply -> Police have to get involved -> Walking away/not showing ID/not talking about the incedent = not cooperating -> Arrest. Walking away = resisting Arrest.

What most people don't get is when an officer arrests you, it's not that your getting a jail sentence right then. It's trying to figure out what the fuck happend.
>>
>>71817748
It doesn't matter what it was on a legal side of things you idiot. The law says Tresspasing is illegal. Simple as that. Sure it escalated but then again, everything that happend was completly legal. Read your laws. Because I'm sure as hell american cops have more lax rights to use force than in Germany, and what they did would have been completly legal here.
>>
>>71819177
why are you replying to me? Did you click the wrong post? I'm the OP.... I've been arguing the whole fucking time that the cops were justified.
>>
>>71819332
Haha yeeep. You caught me. That post was ment for
>>71817487
Sorry
>>
>>71819449
ah, thought so
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.