[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any legal/military fags on /pol/? Need a little help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1451871399764.jpg (173 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1451871399764.jpg
173 KB, 640x640
Hey /pol/

I need a little help, some backstory first:

>have step brother
>dad dies in 2003
>dad leaves everything in his will to his wife (my mom)
>step brother has always hated my mom
>gets job with software company that does business with DoD
>needs background check

So far, there is nothing really unusual. DoD always does background checks, but the kicker is that he calls me and tells me that he needs a scan of my mom's passport. I tell him that she would be very reluctant (she's a naturalized citizen).

He tells me that he will be forced to report her to the DoD if she does not comply.

This is fishy as fuck. From what i've gathered, if he is working for a company that does business with the DoD, he will be given an SF86 form, which an independent investigator will verify.

My step brother is lying to me, isn't he?
>>
>>71806011
Military here, but wrong country, no idea anon, but it does sound fishy since we don't need such documents if the person is an adult here.
>>
>>71806011

>needs a scan of your mom's passport

If you can do background checks you can tell in seconds whether or not a person has a SSN, a valid passport, driver's license, etc

How do you know this person is who he says he is? Sounds like someone trying to scam you desu since he asked for your mom's passport.
>>
Yes it's a lie. Don't steal your mother's passport and scan it for him, its a crime
>>
>>71806011
He's bullshitting you. You need to know your mothers name, date of birth, and where she was born. If you don't know all that it just takes longer on the investigation. I went through the shit for TS clearance and I fucked up the year my dad was born and it didn't reject my check. Just took them a couple exfra weeks to track that shit down.

You're being bullshitted
>>
>>71806011
This is bullshit, I've been through some DoD security checks (Dutch equivalent), and you only need to report whom your partner is. Perhaps in the case of a naturalized citizen being one of your parents you would need to report that and they'll look into that. It's fishy as fuck anon and in my experience you only provide your personal photocopied ID/passports directly to those involved with YOUR OWN background check and they will look into your direct family and partner.
>>
>>71806011

Man, you're being socially engineered. Tell him to tell you this in person.
>>
>>71806225
He's my step brother, but at this point he might as well be a nigger

>>71806132
Pay debts

>>71806379
Thanks anon. Exactly what I was thinking.
>>
>>71806649
Would you like it paid in 5.56 rounds or Mk2 frags?
>>
>>71806011
Yes he is lying anon. Tell him the dod can see the passport when they come to do the interview for his background check where you will tell them all the s*** he did his entire life.
>>
>>71806783
>be Greek
>thinks that exports makes a country rich
>government taxes people to give money to companies to sell products to USA at a loss
>Greeks can't stop taking it up the ass
>>
>>71807172
>Be Greek
>Have European Influenced Government
>People don't want the E.U.
I was for leaving the Commie union since 2009, so don't go on being a typical yank, as for you, nice, coming on /pol/ asking for help and then pissing on those wanting to give you a hand, no wonder your own bro's trying to scam you.
>>
>>71806011
They would never ask for anything like a SSN or Passport.

Only name/maiden name
Address
Date of Birth

Things like that
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.