[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trump = Caesar The transition from a patriotic republic to an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8
File: V10nzeh.gif (561 KB, 491x491) Image search: [Google]
V10nzeh.gif
561 KB, 491x491
Trump = Caesar
The transition from a patriotic republic to an imperialist autocracy
90% of Rome's conquests occurred while it was a republic
Then the goal was the glorification of Rome and the pursuit of power over it
Once the cult of personality seeps in a la Trump the only goal is to please the autocrat or whoever's backing him.
Then no one tries their best and the nation collapses.

If you vote Trump you are killing the fatherland to feel belonging in a new age religion

Remember that Trump said Snowden should be shot.

At some point youre getting memed by him, not the other way around.
>>
There's literally nothing wrong with shooting Snowden.
>>
>>71801714
There's no spinning in this image
>>
File: Mao_Zedong.jpg (22 KB, 242x350) Image search: [Google]
Mao_Zedong.jpg
22 KB, 242x350
>>71802148
>mfw pol gets their God Emperor and 4chan dies because everyone's scared of saying something the thought police don't like
>>
File: 1460590096229.jpg (76 KB, 610x475) Image search: [Google]
1460590096229.jpg
76 KB, 610x475
>we could very well be living in a fascist dictatorship in one year from now.
>>
>>71801714
Rome's most peaceful and productive years were during Caesar's and Augustus' reign...
>>
>>71801714
> You are killing the fatherland
No invasive ethnocentric democrat voting Mexicans are.

> I don't get why you burgers (on all sides) are not out i the streets rioting about the blatantly corrupt move of suddenly altering voting laws.
>>
>>71802961
Rome stopped expanding after it became an empire.

>>71803100
Who gives a shit? It doesn't matter if we're 100% white if we're a 100% white degenerate shithole. Also America is very bad for white people in terms of climate.
>>
>>71802654
Whatever dude. If I finally get off 4chan, maybe can turn my life around. Or I'll just get killed, which would be nice too.
>>
>>71803388
I do feel it's inevitable due to the centralization of power into modern arms and food sources that most of the human population will be culled, so I think /pol/ is supporting Trump to try and get it over with.
>>
>>71801714
eh why not give a real empire a shot?

not this pussyfooting about it like we do today

i wanna be a duke in brazil or something
>>
>>71801714
The average person was badly better off under the empire than the corrupt Republic.

The disgusting optimate Senate stole the land of the citizen soliders and worked the economy with cheap slaves. All that was left for the citizen was bread and circuses.

After Caesar the land was redistributed per the Gracchan reforms.

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>71803847
Because it's dangerous and stupid and mean.

>>71804051
Cuck.
>>
>>71803284
Rome expanded up until Trajan. They didn't have the tech needed to enforce the lines of communication.

Hero of Alexandria came close, but without a ban on slavery there was no demand. It came close but Christianity threw a wrench in progress.
>>
>>71803649
Shilling harder.

Globalizing the economy is accelerating that process. Local ag economies in western nations are stable and robust.
>>
File: 1458763952110.png (137 KB, 466x492) Image search: [Google]
1458763952110.png
137 KB, 466x492
>trump is X
>I'm not a nut
>>
>>71803847
Not efficient. A global federation shouldn't come into being until we're in the stars.
>>
>>71804127
Cuck? I know mys history cockbag.

I wouldn't mind a well organized republic either. But the US, the worlds superpower, stupidly copied the late Republic. Big fucking surprise, here we are again.
>>
>once the cult of personality seeps in a la Trump

Wanna talk about Obama?
>>
>>71801714
Are you really this retarded or are you a paid shill? When did Trump say he was going to dissolve the Republic? American democracy cannot fail, Americans love freedom too much, I'm afraid.
>>
File: hillary.jpg (27 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
hillary.jpg
27 KB, 640x360
>>71802654
>mfw liberals get their female criminal treacherous warlord and 4chan dies because everyone's scared of saying something the thought police don't like
>>
>>71804133
They could have conquered a lot more. How did the Muslims rule an empire from Afghanistan to Spain? Sure it fell apart, but it was founded by dune coons. If the Romans had remained patriotic and capitalistic, they would have engulfed Europe. Instead they became complacent and degenerate, and relied on godlike emperors to run the show for them. And gradually the military came to dominate, with civil war after civil war as different generals reckoned they had a shot at supreme leadership. And so the empire collapsed in on itself, an empire in name only by the 5th century.

>>71804186
The economy's been global for centuries. There are vital minerals only to be found in China and Africa. Western economies cannot compete with these places because their people have a much lower standard of living, and will work for less.

Economies all throughout the world increasingly rely on finance and service rather than producing goods from the land they own. This is because of population overshoot and is untenable. No modern economy is stable.

>>71804228
So far that does not seem possible. One day, perhaps, but we are where we are.

>>71804294
I believe we should create a direct democracy over the Internet. There is no need for a republic with this technology, republics are just used by shadowy organizations to control the public.

One theory I have just come up with as for why Rome changed to an empire is: as it conquered it's world, foreign trade became domestic, and primary sources of revenue ceased being merchants trading goods with foreign merchants, and became instead monopolies created by cartels of aristocrats who owned the best land. As a result the center of power shifted from the merchants and burghers of Rome, to the aristocrats around the empire and the armies they could afford. A similar thing has happened in modern times, I guess.
>>
>>71804402
It's getting worse and worse every election. Trump is famous because he refuses to talk policy. He just says simple, understandable things that a lot of people like. He acts like a savior that will save us from both republicans and Democrats. Here is a quote by George Washington on the subject:

>The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders and miseries which result gradually incline the minds of men to seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual; and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction, more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of public liberty.
>>
File: 1456219333648.png (257 KB, 1700x1273) Image search: [Google]
1456219333648.png
257 KB, 1700x1273
>>71801714
yes trump has 'shilled' us but the thing is we know that. the majority the lurkers and the shitposters know when some one is shilling us.
>>
>>71804781
Both parties have to go.

>>71804441
He says snowden should be shot for telling us what the government was doing us, ergo the republic has already failed, and he is merely trying to utilize the encroaching totalitarianism for his own ends.
>>
>>71805095
I guess George Washington was a woman too you peon. Enjoy your stale memes as people slowly become more and more scared of dropping redpills on the internet.
>>
>>71805149
>Both parties have to go.

And leave what? This is all you have.
>>
File: 1461389925810s.jpg (7 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1461389925810s.jpg
7 KB, 228x221
>>71805696
We the people motherfucker
>>
>>71804958
>I believe we should create a direct democracy over the Internet
its called bitcoin
>>
File: Empire vs republic.png (364 KB, 1010x1232) Image search: [Google]
Empire vs republic.png
364 KB, 1010x1232
>>71801714
The Romans expanded massively under Caesar and the emperors, they basically doubled the size of the empire, Gaul, Britannia, parts of Germania, Egypt, Eastern Anatolia, Dacia, Thrace, Judea, Mauretania and more.

You're a retard, kill yourself
>>
>>71801714
imperialist autocracy > patriotic republic
>>
>>71805833
The people doesn't even actually vote for the president.
>>
>>71801714
becoming an empire is probably the only thing that can save america at this point Tbh
>>
>>71801714
The republic was bretty fucked when julius got declared dictatore. The unofficial triumvirate between pompey, crassus and caesar was nothing democratic either. Hell, you needed to own x amount of wealth before you could even have a say. Otherwise you were part of the proletarii, aka literally as "child bearers" since it was the only thing of value they truly produced. Plus dictatorship originally meant defense for a city under siege.

Tldr: comparing rome to anything is always retarded
>>
>>71805914
Egypt was already a protectorate. Egpyt + Anatolia + Tunisia + Italy + Gaul + Spain = the entire empire that matters.

>>71805859
>yfw they want to make encryption illegal

>>71805920
Not in today's world. A nice stable system would involve maybe 1% of those presently alive, operating machines produced in factories. A good example of a modern autocracy is Maoism, Stalinism, or Nazism. And now that we are "postmodern" the aristocrats won't even need a bunch of factory workers and grunts, because they'll have robots.

>>71806160
Well your country's attempt at democracy killed everyone it could get its hands on, before rendering you permanently irrelevant

>>71806222
cuck
>>
>>71806409
Hey what can I say, we party hard.
>>
>>71806507
Kek, nice one france. I always liked your sense of humour.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.