[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I join the military, /pol/? I can't handle the faggotry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 24
File: downloadfile-1.jpg (179 KB, 1200x807) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile-1.jpg
179 KB, 1200x807
Should I join the military, /pol/? I can't handle the faggotry at my uni anymore, plus I always wanted to be a soldier.
>inb4 fighting for the kikes
What if I view myself as a mercenary?
>>
File: image.png (124 KB, 358x272) Image search: [Google]
image.png
124 KB, 358x272
Enjoy having a lesbian sheboon in charge of whether you live or die from a shitskin.
>>
>>71784268
So they have affirmative action in the military too? Where can, in 2016, a white man escape this type of degeneracy?
>>
>>71784140
Armyfag here. Joined after becoming college stoner burnout.

Talk to as many branches as you can before you sign a contract. Army and Navy can reserve MOS slots. Air Force doesn't. Not sure about Marines.
Get as many certifications as you can and use TA to get a degree on your personal time.
>>
>>71784140
>Should I join the military, /pol/?
Yes.

Don't die~
>>
>>71784140
go officer and run shit

you can seriously manage shit and make everyone redpilled by being an officer and in charge
>>
>>71784612
>Air Force doesn't
Air Guard does.
Being Air Guard one can obtain technician slots or a title 10 tour , or AGR for full time orders.
>>
>>71784498
On second thought don't take that post TOO seriously. I've never been in the military and nor do I plan to but from what I hear only the Marines are cucked.

>also lowering standards so grills can feel good

Like other anon said don't just go in thinking the marines are your only option. Explore all of the divisions.
>>
Go to trade school
>>
>>71784772
You can become an officer immediately if you get a 4 year degree.
>>
>>71784140
if you want to join the military, you're going to have to lose the "me" based view
learn to take group-think and teamwork seriously for the first 6 months, then re-asess
>>
>>71784888
Rather, go to the military and learn a skill that you can apply in civilian life. It'll look way better on your resume when an employer sees you've been in service.
>>
Don't bother. It's getting cucked in the next 5 years
>>
>>71784140
Go to

>>>/k/

Catalog and search "meg"

Military enlistment general

They can answer all your questions
>>
Join, but be a cook or something.

Most military aren't involved in combat.
>>
>>71785168
>cook
Fuck off Canada.
Cyber systems/transport or intel is where you want to be.
>>
>>71784140
IF you do make sure its something worth a damn.
>Seals
>75th Rangers(ranger school is not the same)
>Special Forces
>Recon
>Airborne

you know shit women can't do and have no chance of ordering you around.
>>
>>71784966
Not immediately.

You need to do OCS and have a degree they want depending on branch.

I did ROTC in college and got my officership that way but it s very competitive as are the service academies.
>>
>>71784140

Join the French foreign legion. Nil faggy shit, just a bunch of criminals
>>
>>71784140
At least do basic training, it will help you in the long run. But remember how your country treats veterans.
Wait until 2017. If Trump becomes president, then you should feel extremely proud to become a soldier and defender of the western savior!
>>
>>71785319
Please 99.9% of the military doesn't involve the sexy jobs and the majority of applicants wash out. Take pride in anything you do.
>>
>>71784140
>What if I view myself as a mercenary?

So are you a transmercenary or something? What the fuck
>>
I love the "joining the military to be a soldier on the front lines" meme. Unless you're going to the marine/SEALS/Rangers you're doing anything but fighting. And you have to be a badass to make it into that club.
>inb4 everything I said was wrong
I don't really know much about the military other than it's fucked and I have little respect for most people currently in it.
>>
>>71785319
>not joining an MOS that pays you to learn a trade skill that translates to civilian employment

>Airborne meaning anything
We haven't done airborne missions since shock and awe.
>>
>>71784140
join navy if not airforce. Army minimum, marines if you are dumb and want to be shot.
>>
>>71785587
Yeah, but airborne units tends to have better morale and discipline.
>>
Who /chair/ here?
1N3
>>
>>71785569
Trust me, we aren't doing it for your "respect". Especially from a faggot who doesn't know the difference between Marines and SOCOM.
>>
File: dare-to-resist-cartoon.jpg (34 KB, 614x342) Image search: [Google]
dare-to-resist-cartoon.jpg
34 KB, 614x342
>>71784498
Join a Militia
>>
>>71784140
>always wanted to be a soldier
Marines are about 20x better desu
>>
>>71785569
Kill yourself my man.
>>
>>71784140

Don't bother. The faggotization of society is seeping into the Army as we speak. On top of that, you'll be at best, going to die for the "freedoms" of a bunch of ungrateful cunts who aren't worth your life anyway.

If you want to escape the faggotry of modern society, join one of those redpilled secret societies like the Order from the Turner Diaries if you can.
>>
>>71785989

>Fat fucks in the army

Do you have no standards?
>>
>>71785471
He could make it, hell. Never know.
But you are right taking pride in our MOS
>>71785587
Thought i read this year, they are going to be used a lot more just because we are getting depleted on Rangers?
>>
File: 1459568758919.jpg (22 KB, 540x270) Image search: [Google]
1459568758919.jpg
22 KB, 540x270
I'm doing it.

I want to do high speed shit.
>>
>>71786071
Not anymore we don't
>>
>>71786071
This is one pic that has been circulated for years.
Are there soft bodies? Yes. But I have never in my career seen a guy close to this.

National Guard from from what I remember. Part time soldier who got deployed
>>
OP dont listen to anyone in this thread. Join. It is the best choice you will ever make. Your life depends on it. Do it.
>>
>>71786071
when bodies are needed bodies will be harvested.
>>
>What if I view myself as a mercenary?
Why not just become a mercenary and get decent pay instead of being a welfare queen?
>>
>>71786216

Seems like there's plenty of body
>>
>>71785708
>lists units that see lots of combat
>marines are the branch most dedicated to combat, first to fight, highest enlisted to officer ratio because almost entirely infantry, ever marine is a rifleman, yada yada
>you can't read good because you're a army dog and no other jobs would hire retards
>you reply without reading or thinking and say something very stupid
>>
File: Heels-e1429646197433.jpg (192 KB, 1200x516) Image search: [Google]
Heels-e1429646197433.jpg
192 KB, 1200x516
>>71784140

New Model armies are basically mercenary at heart. You're a paid employee. You are fighting as a paid employee of the U.S. Government in service of their needs and goals.

Treat it like a job.

Use the services they provide like subsidized education and get value out of it.

>>71784498

Oh boy...Pic related. It's worse than you know.
>>
>>71785828
>Join military
>Be government slave
>be told what to do and think for years
>wife fucks dudes while you're gone
>get out
>buy a truck
>do fuck all for rest of life while taking pension and saving literally none of it
>die in shit VA hospital of preventable disease
Hope it was worth it in the name of freedom*
*Bombing poor counties to advance political regime that doesn't represent us
>>
i'm thinking of joining after 4 years in college
>>
>>71786276
It is a reserve unit. This was at the height of the surge when they were paying pimply faced 18 year olds $45,000 up front for driving a truck.
>>
Personally, I think that only faggots join the military.
>>
>>71786279
Read "good"

Just stop, you are digging yourself in a hole of degeneracy.

No one has deployed more to the sands than the 101st, 10th Mountain, or 82nd. All Army units.

You do realize the Green Berets and Rangers are Army right?

You do realize every platoon/company breakdown is the same for the Army and Marines right? This includes officers.

You do realize you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about right?
>>
>>71785319

>you know shit women can't do and have no chance of ordering you around

hahahahahahahahahahahahahha oh fuck.

The U.S. military isn't as bad (yet), but even our SAS takes orders not only from incompetent women, but also fucking trannies. Pic related.

The military is a government bureaucracy and as such it is staffed and managed like any other government bureaucracy. So, treat it as a vocation, not an identity.
>>
>>71786353
>Join College
>Be government slave
>be told what to do and think for years
>wife fucks dudes while you're sleeping
>get out
>buy iphone
>do fuck all for rest of life while paying school loans
>die in shit parent basement from suicide.
>>
>>71786302
>that pic

They're ROTC. They exist to get bullied.
>>
File: 1457396820590.jpg (17 KB, 524x492) Image search: [Google]
1457396820590.jpg
17 KB, 524x492
>>71784140
Join the Army or Marines. Avoid the Navy and the Airforce, they are full of faggots and dykes. The Army has cool tech but can get boring as hell if you get a non-combative job. If you are in good physical shape join the Marines but don't join if you don't want to be yelled at by some nigger drill sergeant or be surrounded by loud, egotistical meatheads. If you get into the Army try to become a Ranger or even a Delta operator if you are good enough and a Force Recon Marine if you join the Marines and you are good at that. If you ever happen to get into special forces and survive with a good service record then you may have the chance to become a contractor(mercenary). Military contractors get paid a shitload, too.
TL;DR join the Army or Marines, go into special forces if you can, become a mercenary to get big bux and best of all, remove kebab.
>>
>>71786106
>But you are right taking pride in our MOS
15T
Fuck Uniforms and back shops can suck a dick.
Fuck combat arms, you fucks just reclass to here after you learn you chose a shitty MOS.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Aviation branch is best branch

> they are going to be used a lot more just because we are getting depleted on Rangers
Rangers get more funding and acclaim so I doubt it. Airborne is still around for tradition and points.
>>
>>71786302
>that pic
how can a bunch of war hardened men be such cucks?
>>
>>71785411
So is it worth joining the military as an officer? I'm thinking of joining the Navy via OCS.
>>
>>71786581
>war hardened men
The US hasn't been involved in a serious conflict since WWII.
>>
>>71785168
>Anon joins the military
>Chooses to be a cook
>He becomes Steven Segal
>Saves a girl from being executed by radicals
>She asks "Who are you?" in broken English
>Anon watches the wall and says "I'm the cook."
>>
>>71786581
They're not war-hardened, they're ROTC faggots. Most of them probably wanted soft POG supply-depot jobs anyway.
>>
>>71786581
Its ROTC, probably forced to do it for some womens rights/sexual assault bullshit on a college campus
>>
>>71786581
It was an ROTC program if I remember correctly. They haven't seen combat.
>>
>>71786640
Yes, but it's difficult.

Like I said, Navy or AF are going to want stellar GPAs and STEM degrees only.
>>
File: 2nd battle of ypres ww1.jpg (569 KB, 2800x1701) Image search: [Google]
2nd battle of ypres ww1.jpg
569 KB, 2800x1701
>>71786216
>>71786182

When WW3 finally breaks out, you'll probably see a lot more of these fat fucks. As the elite pre-war troops are cut down in ever-greater numbers by machine guns and drones, the Brass will get desperate and turn to a bunch to letting in a bunch of fat drooling fucks who think war is like Call of Duty to take their place.

Think the Volkssturm, but even less effective.
>>
>>71786547
This. Except joining the special forces or shit like Delta is hard as hell and OP probably won't hack it. Still if you do you'll have some nice fucking experience to remove kebab and make connections with contractors or law enforcement later on.
Just don't do the chair force or by god, the Navy. Full of fucking lazy faggots.
>>
>>71786546

I know.

But just wait...The cancer will spread to the U.S. military as a whole soon enough.

The military is one of the best arenas for leftists in government to flex their social policies.

See your already hilarious attempt at forcing a couple of chicks through Ranger School.

We haven't even gotten that bad...yet.
>>
>>71786562
>Fuck combat arms, you fucks just reclass to here after you learn you chose a shitty MOS.

kek'd pretty good

Wish i was a jedi so i can be 160th pilot that be the dream.
>>
>>71786687
How's the Zika down there? You guys handing out the mosquito nets and shit?
>>
>>71786754
It already happened bro especially in the mid to late 2000s
>>
>>71784140
If you join, then join the Marines. Then doing that shit your pic will be annoying as fuck after a year.
>>
>>71786754
All the fat fucks and soup sandwiches and females would be held back and given safe jobs while all the real men they drafted are sent to die.
>>
>>71786697

"Walk A Mile In Her Shoes".

I don't know what the specifics of the actual retarded campaign were.
>>
>>71786537
>>wife fucks dudes while you're sleeping
More like she fucks dudes right in front of you and demands that you be okay or oblivious to it. Like you're reading the newspaper while having breakfast and your wife is on the same table getting drilled by some random dude and she has her legs locked around him.
>>
File: mike vining.jpg (223 KB, 1000x1232) Image search: [Google]
mike vining.jpg
223 KB, 1000x1232
>>71786664
We had Vietnam

That produced some war hardened men.

Pic related
>>
Current marine machinegunner here. Military life sucks, especially in the infantry. Not sure about army but USMC is wildly underfunded to the point of being almost combat ineffective. I'm in a CAAT platoon and only 2 of our 10 humvees are operational, and those break down all the time. I'm horrified if we ever were to go back to war. Army is probably a lot better on that front.

but as far as war fighting tradition goes USMC is the way to go.
>>
>>71786353
Funny, the guys I know have bettered their lives with that check they get from the government and get educated. Either that, or they're making six figures doing contracting jobs in civilian life.
>>
>>71786891
Yup they did it for publicity. ROTC is often seen as "Evil" on college campuses because it produces military officers. This is one of the stunts to improve relations....
>>
>>71786754

Sort of like Britain in WW1.

>No soldiers under 5'8 without prior service. 18 years or older

By the end

>4 foot? In. Don't know which end to hold a rifle at? In. 12-but-can-pass-for-an-exceptionally-young-looking-16-year-old? In.
>>
>>71786816
It needs to spread faster. Those niggers have to stop breeding like rats because they give the honest law abiding black folk like myself a bad public image. I consider Zika as divine intervention.at this point.
>>
>>71784140
I ship for basic in 10 days. AMA

>army
>MOS is 91delta
>Fort Jackson SC (in summer, im fucked like your mom when you were conceived)
>>
>>71787107

what the fuck would anyone ask you. Fuck off private.
>>
>>71787107
RARE MOS desu

But really, no AMA for a fresh boot. Start pounding dirt.
>>
>>71784612
The Marine Corps reserves job fields for you.

>AirCraft Mechanic
But they don't say which type, or what specific system.
>>
>>71786989

Just wait buddy.

This guy won Australian of the year.

He appointed an openly mentally ill homosexual to a major leadership position for brownie points.

During his acceptance speech he called for Australian politicians and businesses leaders to give China a larger control of our political and businesses affairs, because Diversity Is Our Strength.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaqpoeVgr8U

These people couldn't care less about Australia, it's military or it's troops. They care about feathering their bureaucratic retirement nests.

The U.S. will get to this point sooner rather than later.
>>
File: trench warfare.jpg (63 KB, 800x492) Image search: [Google]
trench warfare.jpg
63 KB, 800x492
>>71786830
We were losing on average one or two soldiers a day at the height of the Iraq War.

Imagine how bad standards would get if thousands were being killed a day.

>>71786880
The fat fucks would start streaming into frontline service, especially if we wind up regressing to something like trench warfare where you sit in a fucking foxhole all day waiting for the next futile attack where everyone gets cut down by machine guns within seconds. Trench warfare would probably actually be conducive to being a fat fuck.
>>
>>71787156
I had the job reserved through my recruiter and when I got to MEPS my consular told me about his time in the Motorpool and how 91D is a really sought after position due to the high requirement on the ASVAP, I got an 88 (toot toot)
>>71787147
Yes I am a worthless maggot but since I'm still in the delayed entry program I might be able to give insight on how the recruitment process goes. idk, maybe not. Sorry.
>>
>>71787340
How would we regress into trench warfare?
>>
>>71787147
This. Never listen to anyone E-2 or O-1. E-3 and O-2 (minus pilots) at least have some knowledge. Opinions don't matter til E-4 or O-3.

Become warrant if you can
>>
>fighting in the Jew oil wars

Enjoy having your legs blown off an impoverished 15 year old.
>>
>>71787261
Don't come within 50 ft of an Osprey. Them bitches flip
>>
>>71787421
You're not even a fucking boot yet, you faggot
>>
File: 1448128109745.gif (922 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1448128109745.gif
922 KB, 400x225
Yeh m8 go for it. I'll be leaving for the Navy soon, May 16th. The end goal is to take advantage of financial opportunities and work on my college degree, save all the money I make, and scrape by in my shitty rate as an alcoholic on a ship for 6 years until I can get out with a reasonably fat resume.
>>
>>71787434

You could regress into a metaphorical form of trench warfare if we ever saw two real nation states like the U.S. and Russia enter total war but take Nuclear and Overwhelming Air Power off the table for humanitarian or political/logistical reasons. Like a war over Poland or some shit.

We've been 70 years without one, and I don't see it happening again my lifetime, so I guess we're safe.
>>
>>71787434
When defensive weapons supersede the weapons of offense, just like the wide scale introduction of the machine gun and long range artillery in WW1. It is unlikely to happen but who knows what the future may hold...
>>
File: Russian_Revolution_of_1917.jpg (47 KB, 550x370) Image search: [Google]
Russian_Revolution_of_1917.jpg
47 KB, 550x370
>>71787004
Yeah, except I don't expect us to win WW3. The British managed to carve a small victory out of it.

I fully expect the United States to lose so badly that it causes the country comes apart at the seams like Tsarist Russia did. We have the collapsing economy/infrastructure, the incompetent leaders, the growing separatist sentiment. All we need now is a blow that causes the whole rotten structure to come crashing down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7B-nlmdX0g
>>
>>71787664
What rate?
>>
You literally will be putting your life on the line for the sake of international Jewery.

If you really want to be a man, get /fit/, learn a practical skill at a trade school and move out to the northwest: http://northwestfront.org/

You can get away from all of the issues of multiculturalism and get to a 99% white area and become part of the solution instead of part of the system that is destroying the white race.
>>
>>71787653
How does one get placed in Japan? Is it true that yellow women prefer the bwc?
>>
>>71787664
Same here I ship out on June 1st. I got stuck with SECF what did you get?
>>
>>71787107
relaxin jackson
kill yourself pog.
>>
>>71787653
>I'm still in the delayed entry program I might be able to give insight on how the recruitment process goes

learn to read rice nigger
>>
>>71787700
>>71787782

LS, logistics specialist. Gonna try to go aviation or combat expeditionary unit to do something with my life that isn't being a glorified mailman. If all fails may go sub as well.
>>
>>71784772

Do black thug enlisted members listen to white officers fresh out of college? seems to me like they would just laugh. How does an officer who fresh out of college gain the respect of those who may resent him as like a "rich boy" or a "college boy"?
>>
>>71784140
How about you get a job and actually help the American economy instead of flying around the world wasting the government's money playing world police
>>
>>71786547
this is the worst advice in the thread by far

better advice

If you're smart:
>chair force
>coast guard
>certain navy positions

if you're a shitty meat head that doesn't care about career prospects outside of the military
>army
>muhrines
>>
>>71787772
You just pick orders for japan, if you're in the navy. If you're in the marines, you ask to go to either 3D, ef, 3D mln or the 31st meu. And yes, they do. But they really prefer any gaijin cock. They're not all as good looking as pornstars, but if you're nice to one and pay attention to them a little bit, it's an easy ticket.

>>71787896
Try getting hospital orders if you want. It's pretty cozy as an LS.
>>
>>71787901
By fucking the shit out of their rank and money.
You don't have to respect the person, but you will respect the rank or get reamed.
>>
>>71786531
hey man what corps were/are you in?
>>
>>71785753
As an 11bravo i can confirm that this is the only option. Being a soldier isnt being a soldier anymore. Its more about creating safe spaces and doing details/updating medpros and shit.
>>
File: Iran MG3.jpg (78 KB, 768x528) Image search: [Google]
Iran MG3.jpg
78 KB, 768x528
>>71787434

I mean it as >>71787674 said, metaphorical. A conflict that degrades into a stalemate with ever-more appalling losses.

Also, the idea we could regress back into trench warfare isn't as far-fetched as you would think. The last major war involving trench warfare was the Iran-Iraq 20 years ago. Both sides started out with fairly modern and professional armies.

I also got a buddy who's in the 101st Airborne, he told me that they did a trench warfare scenario for a wargame and despite their elite training and weapons suffered 80% casualties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbw1pGUhG7Q
>>
File: 1449353789766.gif (1 MB, 500x225) Image search: [Google]
1449353789766.gif
1 MB, 500x225
>>71787982
Medical field never really interested me to be honest but if there is some action there I might do it, I like the cozy factor but I want to order supplies at least, to get stuck as postal or even food would be fucking pathetic. Dream job is Japan desu, I have yellow fever like a fucking dog.
>>
>>71787982
>Reccomends you ask for 31st MEU

I dunno who the fuck you're talking to m8...
>>
>>71787901
It's the NCOs who bust the butterbar's balls first, then the senior e-4s
>>
>>71788214
It's commonly called the Thirty-Worst.
>>
>>71787901
They do because they have to. You don't have a choice to listen to your superiors in the military. The military owns you, they can and will fuck you for the rest of your life if you're a screw up.

Leave the service with anything less than an honorable discharge? You're fucked for life, you pretty much may as well be a convicted felon.
>>
>>71787901
Little known fact about the military. If someone outranks you, they can smoke the fuck out of you whenever they want. Disobeying direct orders from an officer will get you fucked up, demoted, and fucked up some more.

There's nothing in the rules about how you don't have to respect members of higher ranks, just the exact opposite. So even if you become an e-3, disobeying the orders an e-4 or 0-3 will get you fucked up. Or at least this is what I have read.
>>
>>71788122
>despite their elite training and weapons suffered 80% casualties.
Modern military tactics is based around mobility. The US military is based around the fact that we have overwhelming air superiority.
What are the two biggest air forces in the world? US air force and US navy.
>>
>>71787901
Most of the Officers I met as a Marine were white guys who were 6'0+ basically taller than all of the enlisted men, and much more physically fit. You take any Average Marine LT and and Average Marine Private through SSgt and had them fight, the LT would fuck them up 9 times out of 10. That's how.
>>
can you do 42 push ups under 2 minutes? 50 sit ups? 2 miles in 15:30 seconds? If not, don't bother. The military is downsizing so you better not be a fatass like most people here. The recruiters will still let you in because duh, that's their job. But if you can't meet the physical requirements in training, you'll get a Chapter 11 and your military life is over.
>>
>>71787982
Fucking auto correct. 3D MEF/3D MLG

>>71788181
As an LS, you do take care of supplies. You could also go green side and handle marine logistics.

>>71788214
I dunno how marines get orders. They always tell me different things. I'm just a fucking corpsman.

>>71788268
You won't always get fucked up, preboot. I've told seconds and firsts to fuck off before. Its all about context. A counseling chit is like a non flag LOA. Glorified toilet paper.
>>
>>71784140
Stick it out and finish college, then become an officer.
>>
File: obama gun control vs drones.jpg (95 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
obama gun control vs drones.jpg
95 KB, 960x960
>>71787434
On top of that, we have a new weapon that is a game changer like the machine gun. The drone.

The drone possesses the ability to slaughter with ease, large numbers of people at very little cost per piece.

So instead of machine guns cutting down an attacking army, they get slaughtered in their barracks by a fleet of attacking drone buzzing above.
>>
>>71788484
True. Enlisted fucking sucks. But, E to O pay is worth it.
>>
>>71788484
Uhh, do you seriously think this guy is even officer material? The people in this thread don't even know his physical condition. OCS is fucking tough.
>>
>>71787866
south carolina in the middle of summer
Don't even try and feed some bullshit line about how your bct was harder. Unless you were a marine in san diego in the middle of summer just shove it.
>>
>>71788475
Yeah greenside could be fun, a little more action that way at least. I'm definitely writing these down to look at later, thanks for the advice famalam. Like I said, the rate sounds boring as hell so I'm just trying to find somewhere I can do something interesting, or bang asian qts. Actually that may be my top priority, gook puss. How can I guarantee this as an LS?
>>
>>71784498
Only one way out. I'd go mil, do something not dangerous then be a cop and only arrested skitskins
>>
>>71788330
Exactly, take away that advantage (you don't need to destroy the entire air force to do that either) and they'll be as screwed as everyone else.
>>
>>71788475
thank you for the insight, and sorry for calling you a rice nigger
>>
>>71788544
Also sorry for all the questions Japbro but my buddy is going Navy as well, gonna be a Nuke on a sub, anything you can tell me about what his job/life is gonna be like?
>>
>>71788819
3D MLG. Okinawa japan with the marines. Checks off your marine and good box. The command is shit, but Okinawa as an island is great. I had my best time over there (except for the fuck fuck games at the command. Fuck your 3D MED)

>>71788886
No problemo. It didn't bother me. I fuck good pussy, so it's pretty nice
>>
Is it possible to score too high on asvab test for certain positions? Like, if you score above a certain amount they won't let you be a janitor or something, because their worried you'll get bored and fuck off.
>>
>>71785319
Go air force tacp. It's a good job and it's pretty much considered being in the army air corp
>>
>>71788991
top score is 99, anything over 85 qualifies you for literally everything. You pick your contract, so you wont get stuck with a "janitor" job unless you pick it
>>
>>71784772
depends..... if you're too technical then you're in charge of no 1 and considered a technical expert. it BLOWS but i take home 5k/mo after taxes as an O2
>>
>>71788984
lol thanks for the advice man, why would you say the command is shit?
>>
File: 1402537820969.jpg (118 KB, 543x546) Image search: [Google]
1402537820969.jpg
118 KB, 543x546
anyone take the ASVAB here? what level of algebra does it cover, as in algebra 1 & 2 or is is ti retard math like pre algebra
>>
>>71789146
It is not bad, if you can do High school algebra you will do fine, i think that like Algebra 2 so just study up on that.
>>
>>71788975
He's going to want to kill himself probably. Don't know much about nukes, but I had a cousin go sub sonar and it drove him to alcohol (and out of the navy). But nukes do have a low retention rate. Must be a reason.

>>71789139
They try hard to be marines. Impose a lot of rules and bullshit. But since you're an LS, you might be able to avoid some of it. Plus, there's kind of a curfew in japan. Not as bad as when I was there though (10-12). Life in japan is pretty great now.
>>
File: 1456776802551.gif (2 MB, 304x226) Image search: [Google]
1456776802551.gif
2 MB, 304x226
>>71786687
>>
File: 20160423_112753_noexif.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
20160423_112753_noexif.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
Here's my day so far, just so you know I'm not a proxy fag
>>
>>71789146
There are online study guides and they are a bit harder than the real thing. I highly recommend it.'

just google 'practice asvab test'. they're pretty close to the real thing in terms of material, but slightly harder,
>>
>>71789065

correction: you pick your **preferred** contract. the military ultimate does what's best for the military.
>>
File: Rightnow.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
Rightnow.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
And another
>>
>>71789779
Yeah I know thats how I got stuck with SECF. Told them I wanted to be in crptology, and they stuck me with SECF
>>
>>71789277
>>71789763

thanks
>>
>>71789146
Yeah I just did mine pretty recent, it had stuff from probably up to college algebra. I remember having mostly polynomials and factoring those I think? Otherwise it's nothing that hard, only stuff you can do on a sheet of paper.
>>
File: prayformojo.gif (958 KB, 475x356) Image search: [Google]
prayformojo.gif
958 KB, 475x356
Wait until Trump is elected. I might join if he's elected.

If we get into a war and Hillary Clinton is elected just lol if you joined the year before.... just, what if it escalates and Hillary Clinton is president, just

You'll be in the most cucked military of the modern era.

8 years of Obama has put trannies in your showers, inept black women are your CO's the F35 ect I can't imagine what horrors you will face from Hillary
>>
>>71784140
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_military_company
>>
>>71790640
If anyone other than Trump wins, I'm getting out
>>
>>71785989
yep been in over three yrs - shit's AIDS
>>
>>71784140
Don't. Shit's AIDS. +3yrs in; 1 deployment to A-stan. Only join unless you really haven't got shit else going for you, otherwise go private security or something.
>>
You better go infantry. Anything else is Pussy tier.
>>
File: mol.jpg (36 KB, 1187x169) Image search: [Google]
mol.jpg
36 KB, 1187x169
>>71789146

Its easy AF. I took mine on 5 hours of sleep without even knowing I was going to take it that day and got a 98(one point off a perfect score).
>>
>>71786891
IIRC they were forced to do it.
>>
>>71784498
It depends where in the military. Most maintenance or physical labor still has a fair amount of non-pc. Also any combat job is going to be the least pc part of the military, especially special ops.
>>
>>71784823
Air Force does too.
>>
I can confirm that female soldiers aren't up to par.

They're nice people, but the military just isn't for 99.9% of females, and we really shouldn't give a shit about the 0.1% that are feasible.

Right now I don't really care because we're in peacetime and my life doesn't depend on them, but I'd be worried if I were in combat with them
>>
>>71784140
Gone are the days when men could grab their gear and hitch a ride to the congo to kill some rebels. Ig youre ok with that then by all means join up and volunteer to go in to any hotspot. If you don't die you will come out stronger for it.
>>
I am joining Royal Military College Duntroon in July with the intention of becoming an intelligence officer which i assume will basically be me flying around the world foiling terrorist plots, driving vintage Aston Martins and fucking exotic women. In all seriousness have i made a huge mistake? I have a masters degree but really do not want to spend my youth photocopying shit and delivering mail to other bureaucrats (inb4 i spend my youth photocopying shit and delivering mail to army bureaucrats).

also, can you get away with fucking an enlisted female or is it guaranteed career suicide?
>>
File: codeine Rin.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
codeine Rin.gif
2 MB, 200x200
AZbro here. Have practically wasted the last two years after I dropped out of college working a sorta-crummy 30-40/hr a week job with no real future in sight. I feel like I'm not moving forward at the pace which I find acceptable so I'm planning on jumping into the Navy to get that started.

Trying to stop smoking pot has been the biggest mental hurdle honestly. It might just be my addictive/impulse personality I got from my father but god damn is it fucking tough to kick. Like everything I do I got a voice in the back saying "It'd be better if you were stoned"
>>
>>71794111
i found the easiest way to ditch pot was to get new friends. Harsh but effective. If you are going to hang around stoners then you are always going to be a stoner. I find 4chan harder to kick than pot desu. I have given up on even trying to stop browsing which is kinda pathetic.
>>
Join the navy brah. Go engineering because it has the most opportunities for when you get out. Companies like bae, ge, johnson controls, all sorts of local companies that work in the shipyards are always hiring vets to work on the ships as tech reps. They make bank too, and it gives you the ability to stay in your duty station if you got stationed somewhere cool.
>>
>>71794689
Fitna join the Navy. What are my chances of gettin on the WESTPAC? If I'm a stud in boot do I get a choice of duty stations?
>>
>>71786984
Yeah, lets just ignore the many homeless veterans or 22 veterans committing suicide daily.
>>
>>71794963
No. You get to fill out a little wish list in a school, and it's just that: a wish list. I asked for norfolk and ended up in Hawaii.

Most rates get a 4/3 rotation, so you won't really get to pick orders until your prd comes up which is usually 3 years on-board, provided you didn't otep.

Orders really depend on nec's more than anything, after that it's needs of the navy and if you have a good detailer.

Seriously pick an engineering rate, first few years will suck but it gets a lot better after you get all your quals, esws,etc and people start to respect you.
>>
>>71784140
Yes. I served my four years, spent some time in the desert, didn't see any action and i dont regret anything.
>>
>>71795805
What do you do now?
>>
>>71795830
Going to school, double degree in business admin and physiology. I was a medic in the army and i'm planning to go to med school.
>>
>>71795923
Damn bro, you spent way too much time in schooling. I hope Uncle sam is paying for all of it. I remember by brother in law had around 80,000 dollars in the GI bill. However, he ended up going to University of Phoenix.
>>
>>71796169
There was actually an article in navy times i belive, about vets going to these types of for profit commercial schools, calling it an epidemic
>>
>>71796439
Fucking stupid as hell. Their degrees mean jack shit to most people. I try telling him that Regional credits is all that matters.
Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.